• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

HM CE Abyss, Bridge, Crota (skip hallway and deathsinger, unless people need them)

Tonight at ~9:15 Eastern

1) ich00 (PSN Ichabod00)
2) stb (PSN berried_treasure)
3) dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5)
6)

Please quote and add yourself.

I'll join! I still need Deathsinger but I'll go with whatever the group decides.

LordofPwn

hmm interesting, I will have to keep an eye out for stuff like that. I agree with what you're saying, my post was more just an excuse to throw up fun BD stuff, haha. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I see an enemy BD not using the health regen perk after killing a teammate.

And yeah, definitely send me a link/PM me that damage spread sheet if it isn't a bother to you. Much appreciated. Hopefully we can get together for some IB this week if you're around, been a while.

Yeah, we had some really fun matches! No carrying involved, everyone was pulling their own weight. It was cracking me up to see him always running around the maps with his invis active, like some kind of metal gear solid stealth suit, lol.

Wow, that's awful. My condolences Nami, sincerely.
Blade dancer is fun yes.
I'll PM you the link to spreadsheet.
And i'll be on tonight around 8-9 PST for IB.

Oh I know I can get exotics, wondering if the DLC exotics, which I already have/dont want are omitted from the VOG loot table

I really don't think VoG includes DLC weapons considering I've seen basically every vanilla exotic drop but never a DB or NLB. Would be interesting to hear if anyone has actually seen them drop though.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You don't even need invisibility. Every class can do the safe 18x R2 smash (7+6+5) pretty easily. Hunter allows you to maximise your DPS as you can just stand next to Crota and start your combo as soon as his shield goes down while he is still standing. Warlock's glide is pretty slow and can fuck you up. Titan's jump is okay, you have a bit more control and get to Crota without any issues fast.

On my last run, we let Milkham do the sword and he was getting 4x R2 consistently with a Warlock. I think it helps when you say "fire" and trust your team to take down Crota's shield fast.

Rehsa

Fucking hell. I lost a ton of shit. I lost Smash Bros 3DS (digital), the 600+ Pokemon stored in the Pokemon Bank, Majora's Mask, some old games, and Ocarina of Time 3D. And that 3DS was a gift from a good friend who passed away last year. I already called the bus company and told them of the two rides I was in. Nothing was found in either ride.

I just want to lay down and cry.
Damn that really sucks, sorry :/ I'd probably be breaking shit

Frostburn

So fucking pissed. Lost my 3DS. Shit must have slipped out of my coat pocket on the bus. I had my headphones connected to it but I didn't had them on. If it fell, I would have heard. Motherfucking Majora's Mask was in it. When I got home, all I found was my headphones. I'm so pissed right now and wanting to cry. Fucking hell. Nearly $300 gone in an instant. Problem is I don't know which damn bus I lost it on. I took 3 buses today and I know I didn't lose it on the first since I was listening to music then.

Damn dude, that sucks :( Not much chance of getting it back if someone saw it they would have almost no way of knowing who it belonged to.

Fucking hell. I lost a ton of shit. I lost Smash Bros 3DS (digital), the 600+ Pokemon stored in the Pokemon Bank, Majora's Mask, some old games, and Ocarina of Time 3D. And that 3DS was a gift from a good friend who passed away last year. I already called the bus company and told them of the two rides I was in. Nothing was found in either ride.

Oh, man. That's awful. All that stuff is retail? Why do you carry so much with you?

Also, I don't get why you'd lose your pokemons. Cant you download them to another 3DS?

ethomaz

Banned
On my last run, we let Milkham do the sword and he was getting 4x R2 consistently with a Warlock. I think it helps when you say "fire" and trust your team to take down Crota's shield fast.
That is the key... you don't need to know if Crota is down just need to say fire and jump while the team take him down... you will get him standing yet and do safe 3x R2 (you can even try a 4x R2 but it is less safe).

Frostburn

Anyone doing VOG HM Atheon or any of Crota's End on Normal or Hard? I want to do some raiding if any groups are forming hit me up on PSN US-Frostburn

Namikaze1

I should've just gone and watch the fucking movie instead. If I had, I would still have my 3DS since it was on me at the time. Instead I decided to take a bus downtown to kill some time. Fuck me.

pringles

Is it worth going after Rank 5 in IB for Ghaleon's Demise if I have a Satierienne Rapier w Explosive Rounds (LOVE this gun)? I see it's got a slightly larger clip and more impact, but no explosive rounds.. decisions decisions..

Started ROC playlist.

Omnigul.

NOPE.
Huh. I think it's both the most fun Strike and the best for quickly taking care of a variety of bounties.

GRIP

HM CE Abyss, Bridge, Crota (skip hallway and deathsinger, unless people need them)

1) ich00 (PSN Ichabod00)
3) dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (GriP17-)
5)
6)

I'd like to join.Pretty sure you know I don't have a mic, but I know the drill.

Namikaze1

Oh, man. That's awful. All that stuff is retail? Why do you carry so much with you?

Also, I don't get why you'd lose your pokemons. Cant you download them to another 3DS?
All but Ocarina of Time is digital. As for the Pokemon thing, I think the bank is tied to your Nintendo ID which would mean I am screwed. I'm trying to remember if I ever deleted my CC from it.

cilonen

My sympathies, man.

All but Ocarina of Time is digital. As for the Pokemon thing, I think the bank is tied to your Nintendo ID which would mean I am screwed. I'm trying to remember if I ever deleted my CC from it.

Damn, losing things precious to you really sucks.
As for your CC I think calling the bank will be a good idea.

Anyone doing VOG HM Atheon or any of Crota's End on Normal or Hard? I want to do some raiding if any groups are forming hit me up on PSN US-Frostburn

Crota hm abyss + bridge, you want to join? We have one spot.

Edit: nvm Darknyss filled the spot.

Huh. I think it's both the most fun Strike and the best for quickly taking care of a variety of bounties.

Omnigul, fun and best in the same sentence?

I can't.....

Lnkn52

I should've just gone and watch the fucking movie instead. If I had, I would still have my 3DS since it was on me at the time. Instead I decided to take a bus downtown to kill some time. Fuck me.

I know how that feels. You will relive and rethink this day over and over. I hope you find it, if not, don't mind donating a few dollars since you are a big help in this community.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Last night as blade dancer i killed a guy and got shot by a rocket right after. i took 0 damage from that rocket. i felt like i was cheating. Thats why i want a nerf. But the nerf im proposing would still keep b-dancers effective in crucible. Instant health regen on kill, no invincibility time for regen.
I didn't realize hungering blade even gave an invincibility frame, that explains a lot of situations I've heard people describing that shouldn't have happened.

That should be nerfed, yeah. I don't actually use the perk in the Crucible myself, and Arc blade really feels about right to me weighed against the other supers.
wait what is this? I've been out of state for a month and haven't touch the game in a while lol!
Radiant Skin, it's a valuable perk that's very commonly passed over for Fireborn.
Done!

I already did Crota normal on my Hunter this week

So if it is ok, I will play with a L32 Titan til we get to Crota. then switch to Hunter for the training. should only take a min to make the switch.
If all goes according to plan, we just start out at the Normal Crota CP; bring whichever character you like. :) It's not meant to be a full raid at all.
So I went to use that checklist in the OP and it's a bit out-dated. I started adding CE and ended up rebuilding the whole thing as a form so the checkboxes look right, so anyhow anybody want to check it out and let me know if it fucks up?

http://goo.gl/forms/caY5eaf1xB
I hate to say this, and thank you very much for the effort, but my original checklist and this are both completely obsoleted by www.destinystatus.com which updates checkpoints automatically for you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
damn, sorry about your stuff Nami. Definitely check in with the bus company for a couple more days. Might be a long shot, but some people would return it.

Considering I'm not a Nintendo guy, explain to me like I'm 5 yo.

You can't like deactivate the system online and re-download your stuff to a new system?

I had a 3DS and I sold it a while back. All I did was format the system before selling it. Does that mean if I had bought digital games I wouldn't be able to re-download them on a new system?

Ryck

Ok guys gonna do a Templar x3 run. And most likely Atheon x3 right after. I need 4 people. Already have the Templar CP ready to go.

Psn:

1.Ryck007
2. Friend

stb

I'll join! I still need Deathsinger but I'll go with whatever the group decides.

Added.

I wouldn't mind running that part too. Anything that can still give me the chance to get Red Death or Thunderlord I'll take.

I'm down for whatever. If at least 2 of us need deathsinger, we can probably manage it even with my 31 ass weighing us down.

Do you have a third character you need the deathsinger drop on, though?

I'd like to join.Pretty sure you know I don't have a mic, but I know the drill.

Added.

Updated list:

1) ich00 (PSN Ichabod00)
3) dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
6)

Namikaze1

Finished talking to Nintendo CS. Got my CC deets off but can't do nothing about my games since I don't have a second unit to transfer my shit to. They can do it but I need a 2DS or 3DS to do so. I don't have the funds to run out and buy a second unit what with being laid off.

Frostburn

You can't like deactivate the system online and re-download your stuff to a new system?

I had a 3DS and I sold it a while back. All I did was format the system before selling it. Does that mean if I had bought digital games I wouldn't be able to re-download them on a new system?

Your Nintendo ID is tied to a specific system only, not an online account you could sign in to on any system and download your content (Yes, its super archaic in this day and age and VERY Nintendo) so basically with your Nintendo ID you can sign in to one 3DS and one Nintendo Wii U no more then that. If you were to upgrade your 3DS you actually need to delete your Nintendo ID and all content from the old system and transfer it to the new system through a fairly complicated process. It is horrible but if you want to use a portable system with digital games it is something you have to deal with.

He MAY be able to call Nintendo and get them to remove his info from the old system but it is not the norm.

Sullichin

Finished talking to Nintendo CS. Got my CC deets off but can't do nothing about my games since I don't have a second unit to transfer my shit to. They can do it but I need a 2DS or 3DS to do so. I don't have the funds to run out and buy a second unit what with being laid off.

Check PMs

stb

Call support; nintendo can de-couple your NNID from the lost 3DS and make it available to pair with a new unit (and re-dowload your stuff), and remove the banking stuff. At least I'm pretty sure. A guy I know just did this because he had his 3DS stolen and bought a n3DSXL.

Edit: way late.

Last 9 ROC strikes in 30 mins:

Omni
Omni
Omni
Valus
Archon
Valus
Omni
Valus
Archon

Ffs bungie
Bungie on the left, you on the right:

rub-it-in-your-face-middle-finger-in-your-face.gif

Yeah you can't, the games are tied to your account AND your system. If you delete your account from a system you actually run the risk of losing everything forever, which is same as losing the system itself. If you registered your games with Club Nintendo it acts as an insurance and you can get your games back on new system, but you need to call them in person. Its a shitty system that has all the flaws of digital content but none of its benefits.

Top Bottom