• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Jaleel

DBZ? Really? Why is it better this time around? I feel like it's been the same game over the past 4 iterations.

Worth noting I don't buy DBZ games, but my cousin is addicted to them, so I always play when I go to his house.

I haven't purchased a DBZ game in ages but this one just looks like great mindless fun until Bloodborne arrives. The create a character with all the races plus quest mode looks really fun.

So yeah, I joined the darkside. I feel like I’m cheating on my Titan (we’ll call Mr. Robot Titan) with a female hunter (let’s just call her Martha). It’s not like you think, I just leveled her to 31 while Mr. Robot Titan (stupid name anyway) sits at 29.

I admit it, Bladedancers are extremely fun in PVP and in strikes (invisible resurrections make me feel useful). It could be that she’s rocking a pair of Don’t Touch Me or that Martha is running around with my fully upgraded MIDA and a leveling Swordbreaker, but my Warlock (we’ll call him Brian) doesn’t feel as nimble in PVP.

I still feel that Brian is god tier with Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind with his non-stop supers and I don’t foresee myself changing my avatar away from the bearded Brian Blessed Warlock, but I acquiesce, Hunters are an amazing class.

I would like to run the hard Crota this week for a chance at the Fang of Ir Yût since it’s my dream primary gun. I know y’all love the Hawkmoon, but I’m not so good with the pistols (I’m still leveling Thorn after my wife and Hawkian helped me acquire it earlier this week).

Anyhoo, thanks for reading and all hail the frabjous and more importantly SPACEBEARDS (do it Bungie)!!

Brian_Blessed.jpg

So yeah, I joined the darkside. I feel like I’m cheating on my Titan (we’ll call Mr. Robot Titan) with a female hunter (let’s just call her Martha). It’s not like you think, I just leveled her to 31 while Mr. Robot Titan (stupid name anyway) sits at 29.

I admit it, Bladedancers are extremely fun in PVP and in strikes (invisible resurrections make me feel useful). It could be that she’s rocking a pair of Don’t Touch Me or that Martha is running around with my fully upgraded MIDA and a leveling Swordbreaker, but my Warlock (we’ll call him Brian) doesn’t feel as nimble in PVP.

I still feel that Brian is god tier with Bad Juju and Obsidian Mind with his non-stop supers and I don’t foresee myself changing my avatar away from the bearded Brian Blessed Warlock, but I acquiesce, Hunters are an amazing class.

I would like to run the hard Crota this week for a chance at the Fang of Ir Yût since it’s my dream primary gun. I know y’all love the Hawkmoon, but I’m not so good with the pistols (I’m still leveling Thorn after my wife and Hawkian helped me acquire it earlier this week).

Anyhoo, thanks for reading and all hail the frabjous and more importantly SPACEBEARDS (do it Bungie)!!

Brian_Blessed.jpg

Obsidian Mind + Bad Juju allowed me to solo the abyss as a warlock for the first time (no jumping, walking the whole thing).

It really is an amazing duo.

Steroyd

My backlog's almost empty now. I had planned to play Metro 2033 and Last Light this month, but I quit about two hours in. It's not for me. So all that's left now is Persona 4, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, Planescape Torment and potentially The Order.

Well I'll be damned, never thought I'd see those words on a gaming forum. Mad respect for that achievement.

What's this, week ten of CE raiding...and I still haven't downed Crota. Reset night, and I'm with a group where I know a couple of them (decent players) and no-one wants to run sword. Now's my chance. It's just normal, piece of cake.

Something they are doing has the sword bearer running everywhere. No rockets. I have to hunt him down myself, and without a horn, he runs and regens during my HoC reloads. Of course Crota moves after the first kneel.

Then comes the waves of them taking forever to drop his shields half of the time, and him going down right away the other half. The only problem was that I wouldn't know which was going to happen until it was too late.

This went on for about a half hour until I just threw in the towel.

Fast forward to last night. I don't care, I just want to get the drop and go to bed. I'm on DPS.

Crota's moving toward the center...here's the sword, under the bridge by the left rock. DPS...okay, .5 seconds later he's on his knee...every time.

patchday

Oh man, do you have a club formed I can join; or we should start one. I've been holding off playing it and we'll need to unlock those club cars.

Would be cool if there's a DGAF club in Driveclub! I would join :)
I purchased driveclub at launch. It's come a long, long way

I haven't purchased a DBZ game in ages but this one just looks like great mindless fun until Bloodborne arrives. The create a character with all the races plus quest mode looks really fun.

Yeah I'm planning to pickup DBZ Xenoverse myself. I'd love to create my own character in the DBZ universe. They got me right there... Will tie me over til Bloodborne

Jinjo

Journal entry #999

For days, I alone fought against omnigul's mighty horde. Many messages were sent to the Tower requesting help. None came.

Journal entry #1019

She's dead. She's finally dead. I can now tell the Tower to suck it for leaving me to die.

Burn in hell, you fuckers!

*dies*

Lol. This cracked me up.

Yup, I has driveclub and I currently I suck at it :p

Sorry for the no-show yesterday Dhruv. Forgot I had plans later in the day lol. I wanna say we should try again tomorrow, but The Order might happen.

Which I should have finished by saturday by the reports I'm hearing lol.

cilonen

What's this, week ten of CE raiding...and I still haven't downed Crota. Reset night, and I'm with a group where I know a couple of them (decent players) and no-one wants to run sword. Now's my chance. It's just normal, piece of cake.

Something they are doing has the sword bearer running everywhere. No rockets. I have to hunt him down myself, and without a horn, he runs and regens during my HoC reloads. If course Crota moves after the first kneel.

Then comes the waves of them taking forever to drop his shields half of the time, and him going down right away the other half. The only problem was that I wouldn't know which was going to happen until it was too late.

Fast forward to last night. I don't care, I just want to get the drop and go to bed. I'm on DPS.

Crota's moving toward the center...here's the sword, under the bridge by the left rock. DPS...okay, .5 seconds later he's on his knee...every time.

That sounds like us this morning. After a couple of hours of it all going wrong, and to be honest a few schoolboy errors from myself included we couldn't take it. So I swapped to my 31 hunter and pulled in a 31 buddy who hadn't run HM before to go through and grab the abyss and bridge with a couple of the guys who hadn't gone to regain sanity in Iron Banner.

We decided to carry on and got Crota second time, would have been first time if the last sword hadn't vanished.

How do i get to level 32? My exotic helmet is maxed is so is my legendary armor, all have 33 light expect helmet which is at 36 i think. I cant see any armor that goes higher

nOoblet16

Something they are doing has the sword bearer running everywhere. No rockets. I have to hunt him down myself, and without a horn, he runs and regens during my HoC reloads. Of course Crota moves after the first kneel.

I find the best way to kill the sword bearer is to have someone stun lock him with blackhammer,with a fully upgraded blackhammer you can take him down alone in seconds. When I am running sword I try to do this and get his health down to at least 20-30% because it helps other people hit him and I can also know just when to run for the sword without losing time as I can keep an eye on his health.

As for DPS on Crota, if you are having trouble then you should ask your teammates to switch to snipers as soon as they fire rockets and continue to damage him. With this you can pretty much kneel him twice with two rocket guys who then switch to their snipers as soon as they fire their rockets.

The most difficult part of this IMO is the time it takes to kill the second swordbearer. That alone can mess things up for you if you take too long. The second most difficult (with respect to timing) would be taking Crota down fast so that the swordrunner is not sitting there waiting, but it's a non issue if your team has Ballerhorns and Truth.

E92 M3

At least we can have Destiny threads without constant bashing. The Order is the current target lol.

I REALLY hope Bloodborne turns out okay. They are trying to make it very mainstream with all of this coverage. Hopefully the game isn't diluted.

PuMa

At least we can have Destiny threads without constant bashing. The Order is the current target lol.

I REALLY hope Bloodborne turns out okay. They are trying to make it very mainstream with all of this coverage. Hopefully the game isn't diluted.

I have no doubt that Bloodborne will be amazing.

nOoblet16

By the way I have a HM checkpoint from Death singer if anyone wants to form up.

However I just need Crota kill so if anyone has checkpoint for that then that's be even better !

boofa

Neo Member
How do i get to level 32? My exotic helmet is maxed is so is my legendary armor, all have 33 light expect helmet which is at 36 i think. I cant see any armor that goes higher

Crota's End raid armor is 36 light. You have to run it and hope for the drops. Helmet only drops from Crota, but you can get everything else from either the Abyss (lamps) or Bridge. If you have an exotic helm, you don't even need to kill Crota to get 32, though normal mode is pretty easy with a group now as long as a couple of people know what they're doing.

Ridwald

You need to get into the Crota's End Raid to obtain armor that only drops there, these have 36 light. Once you have these armor pieces you'll need radiant shards, which also drop only in CE, to upgrade it.

If you like PvP you can also do the Iron Banner and level your reputation to lvl 3 (i guess) to be able to buy two pieces of gear that have 36 light (these only need ascendant shards to be upgraded).

mamoui

All your armor must be at 36 light.

Raid armor, iron banner armor and exotics are the only one to go there.

boofa

Neo Member
You need to get into the Crota's End Raid to obtain armor that only drops there, these have 36 light. Once you have these armor pieces you'll need radiant shards, which also drop only in CE, to upgrade it.

If you like PvP you can also do the Iron Banner and level your reputation to lvl 3 (i guess) to be able to buy two pieces of gear that have 36 light (these only need ascendant shards to be upgraded).

IB gauntlets are 3, pretty sure the boots are 4 though.

Edit: Confirmed, boots are rank 4.

I find the best way to kill the sword bearer is to have someone stun lock him with blackhammer,with a fully upgraded blackhammer you can take him down alone in seconds. When I am running sword I try to do this and get his health down to at least 20-30% because it helps other people hit him and I can also know just when to run for the sword without losing time as I can keep an eye on his health.

As for DPS on Crota, if you are having trouble then you should ask your teammates to switch to snipers as soon as they fire rockets and continue to damage him. With this you can pretty much kneel him twice with two rocket guys who then switch to their snipers as soon as they fire their rockets.

The most difficult part of this IMO is the time it takes to kill the second swordbearer. That alone can mess things up for you if you take too long. The second most difficult (with respect to timing) would be taking Crota down fast so that the swordrunner is not sitting there waiting, but it's a non issue if your team has Ballerhorns and Truth.

Yeah, but this was normal, and they were all experienced players. None of them wanted to listen or coordinate. Each thought they knew what they were doing but were all doing something different. "Why did Crota move so soon?" because everyone was goofing off and trying to kill the swordbearer with primaries. It just feels like bad luck that every time I get the chance to practice with the sword, I get a stubborn/lazy team.

nOoblet16

Yeah, but this was normal, and they were all experienced players. None of them wanted to listen or coordinate. Each thought they knew what they were doing but were all doing something different. "Why did Crota move so soon?" because everyone was goofing of and trying to kill the swordbearer with primaries. It just feels like bad luck that every time I get the chance to practice with the sword, I get a stubborn/lazy team.
I see.
The "move aside I've got Ballerhorn" dudes are the worst. Messing up the timings and thinking they are invincible because they can just fire that rocket.

noomi

I'm firing mine up this weekend.

Did you and Kartik get Driveclub btw?

I think I'll get it this weekend.

Ooo! I actually bought it at release and never even opened it haha, it's sitting with the plastic wrap still on. Was waiting for the updates to roll out and then just forgot about it. No idea how it is with multiplayer or clubs and all that, but if you guys are playing I will gladly come along and join in on the fun :D

Lnkn52

Ooo! I actually bought it at release and never even opened it haha, it's sitting with the plastic wrap still on. Was waiting for the updates to roll out and then just forgot about it. No idea how it is with multiplayer or clubs and all that, but if you guys are playing I will gladly come along and join in on the fun :D

I'm firing mine up this weekend.

Did you and Kartik get Driveclub btw?

I think I'll get it this weekend.

I'd like to join this group!

is it possible to get Iron Regalia Vestments as a reward for doing IB?

No, only things that drop besides the usual blue stuff/shaders/ships etc. are weapons: IB rocket launcher and hand cannon, as well as all exotic weapons. Exotic drop rate definitely seems to be higher than normal Crucible but obviously sample size is still pretty small (just 1 man after all) even though I've played a lot of matches this week.

LordofPwn

Had a timurs with outlaw and third eye but no field scout. so i decided to re-roll it...
took longer than i wanted but i finally got outlaw, armor piercing, field scout, and final round. almost perfect for both PVP and PVE.

Had some good matches last night in IB. The trick is to do 5 matches and get the bounties you hate out of the way first. Like auto rifle headshots. and then take a break. I typically run with a HMG anyways so that bounty isnt a pain for me. just have to get re-used to my strat with them. Once i go back in i take out my hawkmoon and destroy things.

Also they need to nerf blade dancers. its easy mode using your super on tight maps. and the health regen effect completely nullifies any incoming damage as it's being filled which seems to take forever. It explains so much. They need to make the health regen near instant so as to make the invincibility time less of a factor.

esjayII

Neo Member
No, only things that drop besides the usual blue stuff/shaders/ships etc. are weapons: IB rocket launcher and hand cannon, as well as all exotic weapons. Exotic drop rate definitely seems to be higher than normal Crucible but obviously sample size is still pretty small (just 1 man after all) even though I've played a lot of matches this week.

*sigh* I guess I will just go for the gauntlets and boots. Just have to wait until the next IB to get the vestments. thank you for the heads up

I'll have to grind some IB this weekend for a shot at a horn. I have everything I want in terms of weapons. Will be nice to play IB casually this time around.

Also, when it rains, it pours in this game. After not getting a Word of Crota since HM went live, I got three this week. Perhaps it'll rain Ghorns on me at some point.

Three more attempts at a Ghorn this week. If one drops this week, GAF will get to vote on which exotic they'd like to see me shard (the Horn is off the table).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, but this was normal, and they were all experienced players. None of them wanted to listen or coordinate. Each thought they knew what they were doing but were all doing something different. "Why did Crota move so soon?" because everyone was goofing off and trying to kill the swordbearer with primaries. It just feels like bad luck that every time I get the chance to practice with the sword, I get a stubborn/lazy team.
Come to sword school this sunday!

Come to sword school this sunday!

Yeah, what Hawkian said.

Hit up his sword school and you'll be just fine.

dB Viper

Deathsinger is my new best friend. Since CE's release, she's given me the following exotics:

Red Death (first one ever)
Universal Remote (first one ever)
No Land Beyond (meh lol)
Truth
Thunderlord (3rd one)

Pretty lucky. I just need her to drop me Hard Light. And Crota drop Crux.

Of course, during the Crota kill someone else got Hard Light and another got Crux. Me want Hard Light :(

Also they need to nerf blade dancers

haha I certainly understand the balance issues, both Hunter supers are tailor-made for PvP. Personally I love playing as BDancer, my favorite overall PvP subclass, so fun. Picture from our epic BWatch comeback yesterday, this was the largest deficit (~7.3k) before we turned the tide.

B-JOvR4CMAAfZFK.jpg:large

Another reason to love PInifinity abuse. Only non-heavy that can obliterate all supers with defensive buffs, inclduing BDancers, Sunsingers, and even Striker Fist of Panic and Defenders in Armor of Light bubbles.

y3EA97.gif

Definitely easy mode when combined with Blink in tight spaces, like you said. Four kills here and distracted the other two guys on top of C so that Ray could kill them both even though they got me first:

vq5W4Z.gif

Similar thing here, even when I screw up the 4th BD kill, it freaks out the guy enough for us to tie and to get him off that snipe spot:

yDJ3Eg.gif

LTWood12

Haven't had any time to play this week. Had about an hour to kill last night before bed, so I booted up my first nightfall of the week with a friend and another random. Get Omnigul down to about 15%. Friend dies. Thinking he's going to leave and come back, but forgetting to make one of us party leader, he takes us to orbit while we're both screaming NOOOO, STOOOOP!

He thought we were both yelling at Omnigul.

Ambitious

While trimming my latest gameplay recordings, I realized I've got loads of clips which I haven't posted yet. Might do so later today, I just need to convert them to GIFs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Deathsinger is my new best friend. Since CE's release, she's given me the following exotics:

Red Death (first one ever)
Universal Remote (first one ever)
No Land Beyond (meh lol)
Truth
Thunderlord (3rd one)

Pretty lucky. I just need her to drop me Hard Light. And Crota drop Crux.

Of course, during the Crota kill someone else got Hard Light and another got Crux. Me want Hard Light :(
I just got my second Hard Light from last night's (brutal, irredeemable) Nightfall.

No Crux, which isn't so bad as I still haven't seen a Husk of the Pit yet, but I do want the Necrochasm pretty bad to finish off my collection.

Top Bottom