• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

todd360

As part of 1.1.1, we’re changing the Weekly Heroic Strike to be a matchmade activity.

Xûr will stop forgetting to bring his Exotic engrams when he visits us from… wherever Xûr is from.

Bungie listens to mythocast confirmed.

raindoc

"Grimoire cards will drop when they're supposed to"

A little too late no? I can't go back and get some of those cards. The only way is to create a whole new character

I'm missing the one you get for the reef cutscene. The game makes me rewatch every other cutscene time and time again, but that single one I'd have use for?
Nope.
So funny.

No way I'm going to replay that campaign again. Getting 3 chars through it was more than enough - I can't stand the thought of deleting one of them to do it a fourth time.

Conspiracy theories I've heard, with probably no validity, is that Xur isn't selling synth anymore. Who knows. Very strange that it's gone this long already.

Also: Zoba Strikes Back o_O

rNilla

As part of 1.1.1, we’re changing the Weekly Heroic Strike to be a matchmade activity.

Xûr will stop forgetting to bring his Exotic engrams when he visits us from… wherever Xûr is from.

Bungie listens to mythocast confirmed.

Exotic Khvostov incoming.

todd360

At least the microscopic chance of erotic chest engram appearing tomorrow has went up a small amount since Xur can't "forget" to bring engrams now.

I'm missing the one you get for the reef cutscene. The game makes me rewatch every other cutscene time and time again, but that single one I'd have use for?
Nope.
So funny.

No way I'm going to replay that campaign again. Getting 3 chars through it was more than enough - I can't stand the thought of deleting one of them to do it a fourth time.

I guess the other solution would be to ride along with someone who is leveling an alt. good luck with that one though

Conspiracy theories I've heard, with probably no validity, is that Xur isn't selling synth anymore. Who knows. Very strange that it's gone this long already.

That actually seems very plausible, but they conveniently forgot to communicate that to us.

I also think maybe they feel it isn't right to sell it when so much will be consumed by the bug.

I anticipate Heavy Ammo Synth to make a glorious return when the bug fix goes live with a big Xur sale and maybe a few in the Postmaster as a make-up gift.

Or maybe that is just wishfull thinking. Bungie seems to shy away from small gesture goodwill.

We always talk about Randos not understanding control but can you blame them? The system encourages capping all 3 points, which is detrimental for the end goal of winning the match

I don't blame anyone for not understanding anything about Destiny. I mean you can "upgrade" 331 exotics at Xur i.e. pay a shit ton of currencies to delete the shit ton of currencies you'd already invested. I feel terrible for kinderguardians off on their own, no gaf to support them.

todd360

That actually seems very plausible, but they conveniently forgot to communicate that to us.

I also think maybe they feel it isn't right to sell it when so much will be consumed by the bug.

I anticipate Heavy Ammo Synth to make a glorious return when the bug fix goes live with a big Xur sale and maybe a few in the Postmaster as a make-up gift.

Or maybe that is just wishfull thinking. Bungie seems to shy away from small gesture goodwill.

They didn't have an awesome black Friday sale with new gear not sold before. Nothing good for Christmas either.

raindoc

Uh... I just found this, from December 2014:

Bungie Forum Post said:
To all fellow guardians,

Please watch out for PSN: kermitTHEfrog

I have a friend on ps4 who has a couple of higher level characters and has been playing since the game came out. He was nice enough to show me a lot of what I now, know how to do in the game as a result. His gf also plays destiny. She has slaved for months since day zero doing the daily grind, day in and day out farmed all the materials to get her warlock to level 30. I haven't even gotten to 30 and I've been playing for months. She also did it the real way not by buying the materials using marks but by farming them spending HOURS...

She was at the tower a few days ago when a fellow level 30 (kermitTHEfrog) sent her a message complimenting her raid gear and mentioned how he had never used the Gjallahorn before. He asked if she wanted to raid with him and his group. After joining the party, he was very sincere and nice complimenting her warlock. She had a lot of my buddy's exotics on her character as well. He asked her is she would be nice enough to SHAREPLAY... She said of course thinking everything would be fine and they would raid together after...

Boy was she wrong....

The most horrifying thing that could ever happen to any fellow guardian was about to happen....

This mother -blam!-er kermitTHEfrog DELETED my friends gf's LEVEL 30 warlock in front of her eyes and she could do nothing about it.
In the time it took for him to log in to shareplay, and go straight to deleting the character she couldn't react fast enough.

I am writing this because last night I had a nightmare after hearing this story that my guardian was erased from existence. Laugh if you want but imagine spending all that time on something and it being ripped away from you without warning because you did something out of the goodness in your heart.

-blam!- you, mother -blam!-ing kermitTHEfrog
It's mother -blam!-ers like you who make people not want to SHAREPLAY w strangers

Bungie please help out my friend's gf get her stuff back and ban kermitTHEfrog

My gamer tag is PSN: Xx4LeafMafia20xX for his privacy please contact me if you need details on this tragedy. My friend has share play history and can show you, that the story I am telling you is true...

Thanks for reading...
Tread carefully but carry a big stick...

Don't worry about doing the new weeklies solo, I'm sure the other two people in your party will just AFK anyway

B9MxddNCMAAc9Gv.jpg

and a neogaf name was never more appropriate!

I was thinking the same thing

RetroMG

-blam!- you, mother -blam!-ing kermitTHEfrog
It's mother -blam!-ers like you who make people not want to SHAREPLAY w strangers

I don't want to seem like I'm blaming the victim here, because it's a horrible thing that was done, and I hope this Kermit guy faces consequences.

But shareplaying with strangers seems like a monumentally stupid idea. Like, "responding to a Nigerian Prince" stupid.

Shito

At least the microscopic chance of erotic chest engram appearing tomorrow has went up a small amount since Xur can't "forget" to bring engrams now.
Nah.
It's worded like this will be included in the next patch. Why, I don't know, but I can see Xur not having an engram tomorrow from miles away. Remember how he always love to go against every single weekly update?

Top Bottom