• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

No burn in next week's NF and Weekly strike. It's gonna be Spongebob.

kD7OHAX.jpg

eJCpxBa.jpg
Prob wont do them. Took me almost 3 days to finish this week.

Prob wont do them. Took me almost 3 days to finish this week.

I still haven't finished all of mine. It's just not fun. I will probably do all nightfalls and weeklies before Tuesday though.

Maybe you can help me :)

gao gao

No burn in next week's NF and Weekly strike. It's gonna be Spongebob.

kD7OHAX.jpg

eJCpxBa.jpg

I guess it just happens to fall on no burns sponge bob, which is nothing new. As long as they don't add more no burns nightfalls I'm ok with it. Silver lining is that we won't have a no burns nightfall for a long time after next week

rNilla

Spongebob isn't that bad. No burn isn't that bad either. Nightfall is one of the few challenges left at this point. It can't always be easy mode.

Shito

I'd rather do this one no burn than Omnigul though. Still have one left of it to do before reset.
Yep.
Spongebob is not too bad, even without a burn. Just got to use Icebreaker and be a bit patient, but there's like no way you can wipe on it, at least.
Omnigul I just don't do it anymore, even with a burn.

What's the chance of an exotic chest engram actually decrypting a piece of armor? What are the other possible decrypts, like radiant mats or something?
100% but for what class? It's RNG

I still haven't finished all of mine. It's just not fun. I will probably do all nightfalls and weeklies before Tuesday though.

Maybe you can help me :)

gao gao

I guess it just happens to fall on no burns sponge bob, which is nothing new. As long as they don't add more no burns nightfalls I'm ok with it. Silver lining is that we won't have a no burns nightfall for a long time after next week
hahaha firehawk will help in my place ;)

Holy fuck he's selling erotic chest engram. Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god is this the day? Could it possibly be my lucky day? First thing I'm doing when I get home is playing the chest lottery. Best xurday in months just because of the praxic lottery ticket.

tumblr_m0rbk2dxLS1r7ewnzo1_500.png

vctor182

Oh wow, second nightfall gave me The Last Word. So Hawkmoon on #1 and this on #2 I already had it when Xur sold it last year, unupgraded and was planning to farm some glimmer but this just saved me all that.

Warlock. Looking at getting an exotic engram from Xur, but 23 motes is pricey for risking getting nothing.
There's a 33% chance that it's a warlock armor, 66% it's for another class

EL CUCO

Spongebob isn't that bad. No burn isn't that bad either. Nightfall is one of the few challenges left at this point. It can't always be easy mode.
Black Hammer + tank = Profit

You save a ton of time from that alone.
I'd take no burn Spongebob>Omnigul on every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's the chance of an exotic chest engram actually decrypting a piece of armor? What are the other possible decrypts, like radiant mats or something?

All exotic engrams decrypt only into the item type they are supposed to be. They can be for any class however, so there's a lot more value if you would get potential use from an item for other classes than the one you're on as well.

Oh, also. I've been helping my cousin-in-law with the game ever since he got it. He hit level 20 not too long ago and on one of our strikes he picked up a legendary engram. I told him not to get discouraged if it decrypted to nothing useful as that was the chance he was taking.

Not only did his legendary engram decrypt to a weapon, but it decrypted to an exotic.

Dragon's Breath.

I've put 250 hours into this game and have never gotten an exotic heavy. The dude rolls an exotic right after hitting 20.

St 14, Praxic, Mida. All I need to be set for HoW to drop.

Also I'm debating picking up the Hunter's boots. Hunters have shitty exotics in general especially for those who like to switch between classes. In PVP I can never let off all 4 of my golden gun shots when using the other exotic helmet. Sigh.

Also I hate TLW, for some reason the weapon doesn't like me, but I beast with Hawkmoon.

St 14, Praxic, Mida. All I need to be set for HoW to drop.

Also I'm debating picking up the Hunter's boots. Hunters have shitty exotics in general especially for those who like to switch between classes. In PVP I can never let off all 4 of my golden gun shots when using the other exotic helmet. Sigh.

Also I hate TLW, for some reason the weapon doesn't like me, but I beast with Hawkmoon.

3/4 hunter exotic helmets are very good. The arachnid is the only one that seems useless. 4 golden gun shots are awesome. Using less energy as a blade dancer plus infusion is very valuable. Having third eye with every primary weapon is super useful in PVP.

Shito

I wouldn't be except for still hunting Helm of Saint 14, Red Death and Thunderlord.
I'm still hunting my first Horn, but no way I'm going to spend that much time having no fun at all on that Omnigul strike. I can bear it in the ROC playlist, but add majors and ultras to it and nooo thank you.

Yeah I soloed Valus last time, way easier than Omnigul
Valus is probably the easiest one to solo of them all. With Sepiks a close second, maybe.

Sullichin

100 motes wasted on Timur's Lash feels so much worse looking at this chest engram I can't buy. Oh well, I'm sure there's no HoPF in there for me anyway

Going to attempt to get Praxic Fire when I get home. Wasn't even aware of its apparent awesomeness. Any equally sought after chest pieces for Hunter or Titan I should be looking out for? My hunter currently has the CE raid chest, and my Titan is rocking Armamentarium at the moment.

He kinda wants that 3rd ballerhorn now

Yeah that's how I felt when i got my second one. Might as well at that point. I kind of want to do Crota just to see if I'll get another one but I just can't bring myself to do that encounter anymore. Who knows though. We still have a couple of days before the reset

Got three more motes doing the Eris NF bounty. Another roll! Starfire Protocol again. goddamnit.

:(

3/4 hunter exotic helmets are very good. The arachnid is the only one that seems useless. 4 golden gun shots are awesome. Using less energy as a blade dancer plus infusion is very valuable. Having third eye with every primary weapon is super useful in PVP.

I would disagree that they are "very good", St 14 is very good, Inmost Light is very good, obsidian mind is very good.

For me and others 4 golden gun shots are hard to pull off in PVP, and in PVE it makes more sense to be a blade dancer most of the time to at least go stealth. PVE golden gun shots barely do as much as a crit on some weapons.

Less energy on blade dancer is applied to the R2 moves if I'm not mistaken, it is usually better to just slash around then do R2. Infusion is a good perk, for HM Crota only. You can have legendary helmets with that perk so why waste an exotic. In PVE I don't believe you are worry about energy being wasted with that super. It is a good exotic, not very good.

Knucklehead is pretty basic. Unless you are walking aiming down sight all the time you know where your enemies are when you unscope.

Sullichin

Going to attempt to get Praxic Fire when I get home. Wasn't even aware of its apparent awesomeness. Any equally sought after chest pieces for Hunter or Titan I should be looking out for? My hunter currently has the CE raid chest, and my Titan is rocking Armamentarium at the moment.

Jealous of that hunter CE chest. Hunters only have two chests: Crest of Alpa Lupi (revive teammates faster, spawn more orbs, extra heavy + hand cannon ammo) and Lucky Rasperry (spawn with grenade energy, better arcbolt grenades, fusion ammo). Titans have the Crest too but I would say the chest you're using is more useful. HoPF is only so highly sought after because Xur has never sold it. It's also really good

I would disagree that they are "very good", St 14 is very good, Inmost Light is very good, obsidian mind is very good.

For me and others 4 golden gun shots are hard to pull off in PVP, and in PVE it makes more sense to be a blade dancer most of the time to at least go stealth. PVE golden gun shots barely do as much as a crit on some weapons.

Less energy on blade dancer is applied to the R2 moves if I'm not mistaken, it is usually better to just slash around then do R2. Infusion is a good perk, for HM Crota only. You can have legendary helmets with that perk so why waste an exotic. In PVE I don't believe you are worry about energy being wasted with that super. It is a good exotic, not very good.

Knucklehead is pretty basic. Unless you are walking aiming down sight all the time you know where your enemies are when you unscope.

I pretty much exclusively use Young Ahamkara's Spine gauntlets in PVP. With 100% DISC your trip mines last almost as long as your cooldown. I get a ton of postmortems and cap point grenade kills with it.
I agree with you with the helmets.

E92 M3

Jealous of that hunter CE chest. Hunters only have two chests: Crest of Alpa Lupi (revive teammates faster, spawn more orbs, extra heavy + hand cannon ammo) and Lucky Rasperry (spawn with grenade energy, better arcbolt grenades, fusion ammo). Titans have the Crest too but I would say the chest you're using is more useful. HoPF is only so highly sought after because Xur has never sold it. It's also really good

Overall, hunters have the most lackluster exotics.

I went from launch to December 29th with no Gjallerhorn.

Then in less than two months; January to now I got 3 of them.

RNG be fucked

My friend got his first gjallarhorn in december, got 4 more in the next month including two in one night for a total of 5. He's since stopped playing. Wonder if he would have gotten any more if he had kept playing.

Ok we might disagree on how effective they are but they definitely are not "shitty" by any means

4 golden gun shots during atheon oracle phase were invaluable. Most hunters i knew never even used golden gun during oracles unfortunately. In PVP, since you don't play gunslinger I understand you not appreciating the 4th shot. It give you an extra shot and If you know when to use your golden gun you can easily get 4 shots off. I think it actually extends the length of your golden gun period as well. Not sure about this though but it sure seems that way and that's very valuable.

I've only played blade dancer in PVE, but i'm sure both R1/R2 use less super energy. Without mask of the third man the blade dancer super doesn't appear to last that long. That to me is also very valuable

Knucklehead radar imo is very underrated. In certain maps like firebase delphi, with lots of entrances and corridors, i always use knucklehead radar cause I like to se my radar, while i'm waiting for someone to come through the death window

I agree that Saint 14 and Obsidian Mind are amazing exotics and hunters might not have anything similar to them, but that does not make the hunter exotics "shitty"

I pretty much exclusively use Young Ahamkara's Spine gauntlets in PVP. With 100% DISC your trip mines last almost as long as your cooldown. I get a ton of postmortems and cap point grenade kills with it.
I agree with you with the helmets.

I discarded my YAS and I regret it. I always talked about how I liked how it look but the perks were lame in my opinion. But god damn most of these perks are lame for Hunters. I wonder how fast I would be scoped with the exotic boots since I mainly use my Hawkmoon when I'm in PVP.

Bought so much heavy so I continue popping synths while everyone around me uses the heavy ammo glitch

Nah bro, even with like ~400 synth distributed throughout my characters I'm going to be using this heavy ammo glitch a lot. Only using synth when I need to. The drought has made me frugal.

Namikaze1

Holy fuck he's selling erotic chest engram. Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god is this the day? Could it possibly be my lucky day? First thing I'm doing when I get home is playing the chest lottery. Best xurday in months just because of the praxic lottery ticket.

This must be recorded with mic. You must do this.
No, he must invite us to a chat first before he even buys the engrams. I want to be there LIVE

Top Bottom