• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

WipedOut

finally heavy ammo from xur. Bought enough to have 40 on each character leaving me with 70 coins. Think I will do all 3 weekly's and buy 27 more paks.

Waldini

finally heavy ammo from xur. Bought enough to have 40 on each character leaving me with 70 coins. Think I will do all 3 weekly's and buy 27 more paks.

70? Ha! I got 120 on all 3 chars. No Exotic left for me to buy anyway. Now I can fire my Gjallarhorn as much as I want.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
My daughter is starting to despair about the raid rewards. She's done about eight full runs between the two, and is now sitting on over 80 ascendant energies, a couple of legendaries she never plans to use, some ships, and shaders. CE at least gave her a couple armor pieces.

She's also never gotten an exotic from the Nightfall. Just materials, and a few legendaries (that she also does not plan to use). RNG has been really, really brutal to her. I'm not sure what to tell her - I said a few weeks ago she was bound to get some good stuff soon. Nope. :(

(My experience is actually identical, but she's run more raids than I.)
Hey Ghaleon, don't worry about it. One day you will hit the RNG jackpot and that day shall be glorious.

I currently have 37 exotic shards--not kidding.

noomi

Has Xur even sold the red death upgrade since TDB came out? It's the only non upgraded exotic I have left after today.

My daughter is starting to despair about the raid rewards. She's done about eight full runs between the two, and is now sitting on over 80 ascendant energies, a couple of legendaries she never plans to use, some ships, and shaders. CE at least gave her a couple armor pieces.

She's also never gotten an exotic from the Nightfall. Just materials, and a few legendaries (that she also does not plan to use). RNG has been really, really brutal to her. I'm not sure what to tell her - I said a few weeks ago she was bound to get some good stuff soon. Nope. :(

What legendaries has she gotten? Some people don't like it when they get legendaries from nighfalls, but you can get some great weapons.

Not nearly as many people on my friends list playing The Order as I would have expected. Maybe it isn't selling well.

GAF better bring it when Bloodborne drops.

Still a majority playing Destiny which makes sense considering almost 100% of my friends list is GAFers from this thread.

Nuszka

Has Xur even sold the red death upgrade since TDB came out? It's the only non upgraded exotic I have left after today.

What about the ... Oh i forgot.. Anyway have you seen the video with the kid sharplaying destiny to a stranger and that person deleting his characters? Guess what his 31 lock was holding?

Not nearly as many people on my friends list playing The Order as I would have expected. Maybe it isn't selling well.

Still a majority playing Destiny which makes sense considering almost 100% of my friends list is GAFers from this thread.

Reviews killed it man, deflated any hype there was

bitsurugi

You will definitely see me there from Day1¸onwards, 24/7 :D

noomi

What about the ... Oh i forgot.. Anyway have you seen the video with the kid sharplaying destiny to a stranger and that person deleting his characters? Guess what his 31 lock was holding?

( ͡ʘ╭͜ʖ╮͡ʘ)

Yeah I saw that video, everytime a Hawkmoon gets deleted the Cryptarch cries.

Poor kid though :(

All three of my characters have 140+ heavy ammo synth on them, BUT I am always going to use the heavy ammo glitch with NLB and Ice breaker. Only going to pop synths when it makes sense.

Also I want to know if Mida is in Xur loot table, it's the only exotic I need left.

Looking for HM Crota kill.

Game is starting to get stale, another normal crota, another shit drop. Weeks upon weeks of no black hammer (or light of the abyss for that matter) Lovely community tho, so I bought this:
qvq4j4jm.png

kidko

That's super discouraging, I empathize.

It may be superstition, but I would suggest putting the game down for a while. For some reason, it seems all my good RNG days come after days off.

Homeboyd

Try having 3 characters, doing all the activities she's doing (and more, per character) x3 each week, and still having the same results. RNGesus is an ass.

Also VOG has terrible loot drops compared to CE, but it's a much better raid. So you can play a mediocre at best raid and have much better shots at raid gear/exotics, or play the much better raid and be at the mercy of the terrible loot drop rate that raid has for some reason. I'm guessing she's only playing with one character... so you have to think, if I run the same stuff she does but 3 times more each week and get the same results, it's equivalent to her getting nothing for 3 straight weeks.

Loot system in this game is pretty terrible all around.

What's the best way to grind for Motes? I need like 9 more to try my 4th attempt for Praxic. .

A few ways I can think of right now. Some are guaranteed

- Eris urn quest final mission gives 5 motes per character
- Eris nightfall bounty gives 3 per character
- daily public event reward
- XP progression bar reset after 80,000 XP earned you get 1 mote of light
- ROC strikes to find engrams that can turn into motes of light
- Faction leveling reward can possibly award motes of light

Shito

Pretty disappointed to hear Ghorn not in Xur's loot table. Oh well.
Well, we know they can manually change its stock when they want to, so they can always decide to stop being the bad guys for once and show some heart one of those weeks...
#teamhope

Frostburn

Well, we know they can manually change its stock when they want to, so they can always decide to stop being the bad guys for once and show some heart one of those weeks...
#teamhope

I don't think I'd even care as much if I didn't decide not to buy the GHorn the one week Xur sold it. I was still stuggling at that point to get enough strange coins to buy one thing a week from Xur and was holding out for a primary exotic because I'd get more use from it. Between not buying it then and having 550+ hours and 3 level 32s with not a drop in sight it kind of bugs me. If Xur did sell it I would buy 3 in a heartbeat now and spend the next several days leveling them all up smiling the whole time.

noomi

what they should do is add the hawkmoon to the loot table for the ps4.... such bullshit.

"Hey, the PS4 is getting exclusive content, but you can't access it because RNG is a cold hearted bitch!"

#teamhope

Im convinced ghorn will be on sale to drum up some hype between now and HoW or right before an investors call.

Shito

I don't think I'd even care as much if I didn't decide not to buy the GHorn the one week Xur sold it. I was still stuggling at that point to get enough strange coins to buy one thing a week from Xur and was holding out for a primary exotic because I'd get more use from it. Between not buying it then and having 550+ hours and 3 level 32s with not a drop in sight it kind of bugs me. If Xur did sell it I would buy 3 in a heartbeat now and spend the next several days leveling them all up smiling the whole time.
I didn't learn about Xur until the week just after: I was playing the game slowly the first weeks, and not paying attention to end level stuff or whatnots.
If he ever sells the Horn again, I'll buy 4 of them: 3 for my alts, and the last one so I can shard it in revenge for all those hours without it dropping.

I didn't learn about Xur until the week just after: I was playing the game slowly the first weeks, and not paying attention to end level stuff or whatnots.
If he ever sells the Horn again, I'll buy 4 of them: 3 for my alts, and the last one so I can shard it in revenge for all those hours without it dropping.

Nailed it.

Top Bottom