• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Is it really? From a business point of view it makes sense for them to keep some exotics off of xur's menu. If he sold every weapon then they would lose players. I have all exotic weapons and I don't really care about doing high level content anymore. I'll help my friends from time to time but besides that there's no drive for loot anymore. Speaking from my experience

"Fucked up" is going too far, but trollish I think is apt lol. Even if it makes business sense. Hard Light is one of the few exotics Xur has never sold, making it one of the more rare ones. So for it to finally come up on rotation and manually replace it with NLB of all weapons, a gun that has been sold 3 times in the past 9 weeks, seems to be heavily weighted to drop during Deathsinger, and is largely considered a joke beyond the curiosity of how much of a joke it is, would be kind of trollish.

To be fair though, I'm trying to get a source from the person claiming this was the case anyway. Reading back, I think they might have been misinterpreting a translation.

Ambitious

NO YOU DON'T

bladedancera9ouo.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
disagree about all the hunter helms :D except arachnid.

darryl is mistaken about the mask of the third man's unstable current, it applies to all arc blade attacks. Inverse Shadow on Knucklehead makes it great in PvE even if you don't rely on the ADS-radar (though I do, while using it with Hawkmoon), while sensor pack isi nvaluable to my playstyle in PvP. Having a fourth Golden Gun shot in the Crucible doesn't isn't useless because you don't get four kills with it; you can miss a shot and still have an extra chance.

I love Ahamkara's Spine in PvP too when using a gunslinger/fusion rifle build though.
To be fair though, I'm trying to get a source from the person claiming this was the case anyway. Reading back, I think they might have been misinterpreting a translation.
so do I. Hard Light and Thunderlord appear to be mentioned as "coming up for sale" nebulously some time in the future.

Taking from Reddit, the optimal vault and consumable set up you can have

The maximum amount of heavy ammo one should buy with 3 characters of space is 440 (80 per char, 200 vault). That is 22 stacks and costs 88 strange coins. (I break it down below)

The reason behind it is that if you buy more than that then you will be at risk of over filling yourself and it can actually become a hassle. (Think not being able to collect and store axiomatic beads and other things, and you'd be surprised as to how many things you can't discard or sell.)

If you have 15 consumable spaces and you carry;

Consumables (80 per character)

Primary ammo synth.
Special ammo synth.
Network Keys.
Axiomatic Beads.
House Banners.
Silken Codex.
Resupply Codes.
Blue Polyphage.
Ether Seeds.
Black Wax Idol.
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Clear so bug doesn't happen.
In the General section of your Vault you have 20 places which would look like this;

Vault (200 Total Heavy synth)

Scout Rifle telemetry.
Pulse Rifle telemetry.
Auto Rifle telemetry.
Hand Cannon telemetry.
Sniper Rifle telemetry.
Fusion Rifle telemetry.
Shotgun telemetry.
Rocket Launcher telemetry.
Machine Gun telemetry.
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Heavy ammo synth. (20)
Empty for transfers.
Excuse my OCD mind about it, I bought too much last time as I didn't want to buy too little and it backfired, so now I have an exact number to go by.

noomi

Sorry dgaf looks like ill be cheating on you this weekend with 1886 and driveclub, no hard feelings.

It's not you.... it's me....

"Fucked up" is going too far, but trollish I think is apt lol. Even if it makes business sense. Hard Light is one of the few exotics Xur has never sold, making it one of the more rare ones. So for it to finally come up on rotation and manually replace it with NLB of all weapons, a gun that has been sold 3 times in the past 9 weeks, seems to be heavily weighted to drop during Deathsinger, and is largely considered a joke beyond the curiosity of how much of a joke it is, would be kind of trollish.

I consider not having heavy ammo for a couple of weeks when they were most needed (hard crota) trollish. Especially when they know there is a heavy ammo losing bug. Not selling an exotic weapon he's never sold before is not that big of a deal for me. I do agree that selling no land beyond again is a dick move though. Especially when it drops in pretty much every hard crota run

Gordon

Well last night was decent. Cleaned up my second Nightfall (got slightly better roll Ruin Wings, wife got another 331 Mida) and managed to get my first and second Crota clears consecutively (with different groups no less) landing myself a (!!!) Fang and then another Fang and my third pair of boots. My wife got a strength roll helmet. She's not over the moon because she's not a fan of the resultant build, but she's pretty happy that she'll be beating me to 32 lol

I consider not having heavy ammo for a couple of weeks when they were most needed (hard crota) trollish. Especially when they know there is a heavy ammo losing bug. Not selling an exotic weapon he's never sold before is not that big of a deal for me. I do agree that selling no land beyond again is a dick move though. Especially when it drops in pretty much every hard crota run

Not to me either, but it would be if said gun was supposed to be sold per their own RNG system and manually taken out for literally the worst gun in the game. Hopefully that wasn't actually the case here.

Gordon

They're bringing the heavy back, fixing the bug, and I'm going to go out on a limb here but I think they might be stealth-patching the heavy ammo exploit. I personally have had all of my heavy except maybe one or two packs despawn after clearing enemies about 90% of the time recently. I haven't been doing anything differently. It feels like something to do with loot clean-up has been tweaked a little.
It was nice to say fuck it and just use Xur's cheap and plentiful supply instead of waiting for everybody to dump their primaries and exploit Bungie's characteristically 'whimsical' coding schemes. feelsgoodman.jpg

Where does this guy store all his Shards, Energy, Motes of Light, Strange Coins and Exotic Shards..?

I'm assuming those are character specific as well as with his planet material, would make sense just to have those on your character and if you need to transfer you have that 1 spot (I would rather have 1 row empty out)

Is there anyway to move around items in your vault so they look nicer?

Also Bungie gets very little sympathy from me when people blame them on their poor coding and bugs. It is obvious that they can make Xur sell an item always (the new update to allow him to sell engrams all the time) but they did not make him sell Heavy Ammo when everyone was being affected by the bug. It just seems childish that they ignored this.

Iceman829

Not to me either, but it would be if said gun was supposed to be sold per their own RNG system and manually taken out for literally the worst gun in the game. Hopefully that wasn't actually the case here.

Please buy our DLC for $20. Thank you!

You running IB tonight Guitar? We are looking to get a train started at some point. I'll be happy to do all the cursing again tonight.

They're bringing the heavy back, fixing the bug, and I'm going to go out on a limb here but I think they might be stealth-patching the heavy ammo exploit. I personally have had all of my heavy except maybe one or two packs despawn after clearing enemies about 90% of the time recently. I haven't been doing anything differently. It feels like something to do with loot clean-up has been tweaked a little.
It was nice to say fuck it and just use Xur's cheap and plentiful supply instead of waiting for everybody to dump their primaries and exploit Bungie's characteristically 'whimsical' coding schemes. feelsgoodman.jpg

That's strange cause it worked fine for me yesterday during the nightfall. Maybe thats different cause when theres juggler, the game doesn't auto replenish your ammo so you can literally use ice breaker the entire time. It was fun though, used gjallarhorn the entire strike lol

The forced Matchmaking for Weeklies really bugs me. This is typical of Destiny-era Bungie. Try to fix or improve something, but do so in a way that actually removes or hurts how others want to play. Even if the way you want to play isn't cheesing or hacking or whatever.

The Weeklies getting matchmaking is great for a lot of players. I've had to help a lot of players out that don't know about DestinyLFG.net.com. But why isn't matchmaking optional? My buddy and I love running the Weekly and Nightfall together. I really enjoying soloing the Weekly too. Nope!

Remember when Bungie re-balanced strikes to make them easier for groups? And then wound up making them tougher to solo? Bungie said that wasn't great and they were working on how to support the solo player after all. Well, good news! They fixed solo balancing by removing soloing as an option.

Is Bungie happy with this solution? At least last time they admitted that the strike re-balance wasn't ideal.

There are three ways I can see it: 1) Bungie doesn't care that it's changes hurt how some players want to play the game or 2) Bungie is so overwhelmed by the changes and with the new content they have to make that they can't get the engineering/QA to actually do it right or 3) Destiny is so hamstrung by last-generation that it's not actually possible to make matchmaking optional.

These kinds of things keep happening. One step forward. One step back. I started this week skipping the Nightfall, but I'm ending it wondering how much more I want to play at all. There's no uproar here or in the subreddit over this. I may be the only one complaining, but this is Another NITC for me. I was such a believer in this game, especially through it's troubled start. I wanted to believe.

NastyBook

Sorry dgaf looks like ill be cheating on you this weekend with 1886 and driveclub, no hard feelings.

It's not you.... it's me....
If it's a no-burn spongebob next week, I'm gonna be playing The Order as well. And ToX2. Any time there is a no burn NF, I am just fucking done with the game for that week. It's not a challenge, Bungie. It's just a test of fucking patience.

If it's a no-burn spongebob next week, I'm gonna be playing The Order as well. And ToX2. Any time there is a no burn NF, I am just fucking done with the game for that week. It's not a challenge, Bungie. It's just a test of fucking patience.

No burns plus unflinching angry shielded phalanxes :-/

Sullichin

NO YOU DON'T

bladedancera9ouo.gif

Ooh I have a Firebase gif also. Who needs Field Scout when you have throwing knives
(GIF Video: http://imgur.com/0zGHxiB)

Took this video specifically to show that throwing knives activate Don't Touch Me (note the hunter I hit goes invisible), yet throwing knives don't count for the IB melee bounty/regular Crucible bounty. So annoying.
EDIT: Im bad at gifs apparently, linked to a .gifv for now. What do you guys use to make GIFs?

Anyone up for some Iron Banner? Or have a spot?

Also that 'interview' is pretty hilarious but I just can't shake the feeling some people in Bungie must feel this way... Yet, even though I've been suckered, I keep coming back to this game...

Feorax

The chest engram I bought this morning turned into an Alpha Lupi, which I thought was for a titan.

Turns out it was the hunter version, and since I got the helm from normal CE today, I have ligt 36 on all of her armour now! (And no mats to upgrade her with...)

Just need the raid helm or chest piece for the titan now.

The forced Matchmaking for Weeklies really bugs me. This is typical of Destiny-era Bungie. Try to fix or improve something, but do so in a way that actually removes or hurts how others want to play. Even if the way you want to play isn't cheesing or hacking or whatever.

The Weeklies getting matchmaking is great for a lot of players. I've had to help a lot of players out that don't know about DestinyLFG.net.com. But why isn't matchmaking optional? My buddy and I love running the Weekly and Nightfall together. I really enjoying soloing the Weekly too. Nope!

Remember when Bungie re-balanced strikes to make them easier for groups? And then wound up making them tougher to solo? Bungie said that wasn't great and they were working on how to support the solo player after all. Well, good news! They fixed solo balancing by removing soloing as an option.

Is Bungie happy with this solution? At least last time they admitted that the strike re-balance wasn't ideal.

There are three ways I can see it: 1) Bungie doesn't care that it's changes hurt how some players want to play the game or 2) Bungie is so overwhelmed by the changes and with the new content they have to make that they can't get the engineering/QA to actually do it right or 3) Destiny is so hamstrung by last-generation that it's not actually possible to make matchmaking optional.

These kinds of things keep happening. One step forward. One step back. I started this week skipping the Nightfall, but I'm ending it wondering how much more I want to play at all. There's no uproar here or in the subreddit over this. I may be the only one complaining, but this is Another NITC for me. I was such a believer in this game, especially through it's troubled start. I wanted to believe.

It's simple. They don't have a system to do solo and matchmaking. It is an either/or type of thing. They don't have resources to develop a system to accomodate both.

Lima

Yo fuck that guy on reddit telling me how I should manage my character inventory and vault space.
Bought 1000 heavy ammo synths. No fucks given.
#Yolo

Sullichin

With the new matchmaking I'll no longer be able to say "ok I'll start up the weekly just join me when your done in the tower"... Ugh

I think it's better than not having matchmaking at all. People have been asking for this for a long time. Now that it's here I don't even care. I'll probably still do it with people here, especially if it's Omnigul

It's simple. They don't have a system to do solo and matchmaking. It is an either/or type of thing. They don't have resources to develop a system to accomodate both.

I also think this is the case or else story missions would have a matchmaking option as well. I hope they figure it out eventually because it seems like a no brainer thing.

Deku Tree

I think it's better than not having matchmaking at all. People have been asking for this for a long time. Now that it's here I don't even care. I'll probably still do it with people here, especially if it's Omnigul

How many AFKers will we get in the weeklies now? Can I now AFK my way to my weekly 27 strange coins?

Top Bottom