• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

E92 M3

I didn't learn about Xur until the week just after: I was playing the game slowly the first weeks, and not paying attention to end level stuff or whatnots.
If he ever sells the Horn again, I'll buy 4 of them: 3 for my alts, and the last one so I can shard it in revenge for all those hours without it dropping.

I don't have it in me to shard extra Gjallys. So they just end up clogging my inventory. Of course once Xur sells them again it will lose the legendary and mythical status which will lead me to shard the dupes.

Instead of doing today's NLB Daily I'm spending my day off in a hospital waiting to be poked and proded. :/

Hope you get well soon, I know I particularly loved when they'd bring around the students and then proceed to talk about you as if you're a training dummy that happens to breath

Im convinced ghorn will be on sale to drum up some hype between now and HoW or right before an investors call.

I predict Comet resets the weapon loot table when we go to base XP level 30 and get all new level 30 required weapons.

Gjallarhorn will be sold shortly before Comet to drum up hype, only to be left in the dust with all other weapons.

Same here. It feels inspired by a nice little blend of different games. I was getting RE4 vibes during some moments.

I wonder if reviewers are doing it a disservice though. Feels like they are criticizing it for what it is not, rather than what it is. So far it is like a more polished Heavy Rain. It is a unique genre that is not to everyones liking, but should be reveiwed from that perspective.

Its like a music critic reviewing a Rap album and slighting it because it isn't Pop.

Navy Bean

"I want to get away...I want to flyyyyy away...yeah yeah yeah."*

*Heard that song on the way into work and it's stuck in my head and driving me nuts. Naturally, I thought I'd share it with all you fine people. Enjoy!

EL CUCO

I wonder if reviewers are doing it a disservice though. Feels like they are criticizing it for what it is not, rather than what it is. So far it is like a more polished Heavy Rain. It is a unique genre that is not to everyones liking, but should be reveiwed from that perspective.

Its like a music critic reviewing a Rap album and slighting it because it isn't Pop.
Yup. I definitely am getting that impression from most of the reviews I've read. It's a shame...I can see it getting as low as 7's, but the 5's and 6's are ridiculous.

does anyone already have voidfang vestments on their warlock? I would like to see what the bottom half looks like before spending the strange coins for it

Default colour, it changes with shader.
B-TZRzsIYAAwt1B.jpg:large

B-TZZY9IcAImWyg.jpg:large

Jito

Banned
What about people going for A on Blind Watch after we've already secured B and C?

Worst I've noticed today is people just ignoring B on Twilight Gap and constantly fighting over A/C. No idea how such high levels don't know how to play PVP.

Looking for HM Crota kill.

Lost a lot of motivation to grind IB or any other form of this game to be honest. I will probably just stick to doing the weekly reset stuff like NF, Weekly, Atheon, Gorgon, and Crota kill, but once I get Mida and Crux I'm just going to do NF and Weekly.

todd360

Holy fuck he's selling erotic chest engram. Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god is this the day? Could it possibly be my lucky day? First thing I'm doing when I get home is playing the chest lottery. Best xurday in months just because of the praxic lottery ticket.

rNilla

Holy fuck he's selling erotic chest engram. Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god is this the day? Could it possibly be my lucky day? First thing I'm doing when I get home is playing the chest lottery. Best xurday in months just because of the praxic lottery ticket.
This must be recorded with mic. You must do this.

This is what I've been waiting for.

E92 M3

*rocky music*

HEART OF THE PRAXIC FIRE Acquired!!!!

aaawwwww yissssssssss

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My daughter is starting to despair about the raid rewards. She's done about eight full runs between the two, and is now sitting on over 80 ascendant energies, a couple of legendaries she never plans to use, some ships, and shaders. CE at least gave her a couple armor pieces.

She's also never gotten an exotic from the Nightfall. Just materials, and a few legendaries (that she also does not plan to use). RNG has been really, really brutal to her. I'm not sure what to tell her - I said a few weeks ago she was bound to get some good stuff soon. Nope. :(

(My experience is actually identical, but she's run more raids than I.)
sent ya a PM

Did anyone post this earlier? Some guy predicted (or was able to see) exactly what Xur was going to sell today 5 hours prior. The kind of messed up thing though is that he claims NLB was originally Hard Light (ironically something a few of us running Crota last night were saying we'd buy), but it was changed manually and that's not the first time it's happened. Kind of fucked up/trollish if legit.

Is it really? From a business point of view it makes sense for them to keep some exotics off of xur's menu. If he sold every weapon then they would lose players. I have all exotic weapons and I don't really care about doing high level content anymore. I'll help my friends from time to time but besides that there's no drive for loot anymore. Speaking from my experience

Top Bottom