• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

It's worrying that there isn't a back up of our hard-earned loot and everything can vanish in second. I would love to pay 5 dollars a month for more updates, security and better management from Bungie. In fact, I think they should have some kind of 2-step authentication for Destiny 2

Agreed. I would be happy paying a small subscription fee for this game if it meant more robust support and more content.

What's the point of investing my time into data that cannot be backed up?

DeeJ basically said they can't...
I don't believe bungie will restore the kids stuff. It sucks and it's a terrible thing but he will know not to trust a stranger online and if they did, a lot of people would ask or make up false stories about getting x or y deleted.

edit: there's no one to blame besides the kids and the dick. Kid was too trusting of complete stranger that offer something wayyy too good to sound true. And on the other hand, there's a complete asshole doing these type of things. LOL too much of a neutral when it comes to taking sides and look at things from both sides.

p.s anyone want to trust me with their account ;)

joecanada

Seriously, fuck anyone who insults the kid and his mother. That goes out to those in that thread on gaming side too.

Well look at it this way. There's a lot of assholes out there, at least the Internet shows who they are, makes you appreciate normal people more

For E92 :p
inside joke

RCjD8Ge.jpg

E92 M3

Agreed. I would be happy paying a small subscription fee for this game if it meant more robust support and more content.

What's the point of investing my time into data that cannot be backed up?

Yes, I think this game is bigger than Bungie anticipated and they are learning a lot. Definitely looking forward to see what they do.

I don't believe bungie will restore the kids stuff. It sucks and it's a terrible thing but he will know not to trust a stranger online and if they did, a lot of people would ask or make up false stories about getting x or y deleted.

edit: there's no one to blame besides the kids and the dick. Kid was too trusting of complete stranger that offer something wayyy too good to sound true. And on the other hand, there's a complete asshole doing these type of things. LOL too much of a neutral when it comes to taking sides and look at things from both sides.

p.s anyone want to trust me with their account ;)

I'd actually trust all of the regulars in this thread with my account lol. Maybe that's foolish, but I don't think we have any dickbags here.

For E92 :p
inside joke

LOL! That's great! How long did it take you to do?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
His response is righteous and I would be proud of him, as a parent.
Hay (sic) guys my name is actually Henry, I am currently 11 years old and just got a ps4 for Christmas I legitamitly (sic) ranked up my warlock to level 31, some of you are haters but some of you are supporting me, I accept both," Henry wrote in a comment posted to the video below. i indeed was trying to cheat but he convinced me into doing it right before the video started, he currently has a YouTube and does this everyday... I accept the fact that I got 'rekt' not so many people are supporting me so I kind of feel discouraged do (sic) can you please leave out the hurtful comments I tried to cheat yea I deserve it, but it doesn't mean you have to say mean things about me... Thank you for your time.
There's an enormous amount of nuance there for an 11-year-old, especially in the admission that he "deserved" what happened because it was the result of attempting to cheat. As I mentioned yesterday, I found that partially immaterial- any asshole trying to scam a kid like this could have just as easily offered to demonstrate something legitimate via shareplay and the outcome would've been the same, and exactly as indefensible on the part of the asshole. But demonstrating an appreciation for the role that his own decision-making played- saying "yes" to doing something wrong- is incredibly mature.

Anyone targeting this kid or his mother instantly void any potential respect I could ever have for them.

But this (the mother's comment) is what I was trying to get at yesterday, about the truly sad aspect of all this:
"I think this is a great opportunity to reiterate to the gaming community about the importance of not trusting anyone online, even if you think they are your friends," Kramer says. "
That's exactly the lesson he will take away from this, and it will be a powerful one, but also a tragic one. It's gutwrenching that such an approach- "trust no one"- is an axiom we consider appropriately applied to a scenario as fraught with danger as... kids playing videogames. But of course, we have to.

I'd actually trust all of the regulars in this thread with my account lol. Maybe that's foolish, but I don't think we have any dickbags here.
Hahaha well that makes 3 of us since I do trust my fellow destinyGAFfers :)
I was actually given someone's PSN account to upgrade X and Y for him while he was on vacation. Glad he trust me even tho I have relations to OSU and he is from University of Michigan :p

Waldini

Bungie can gift that kid stuff right? Give the kid some cool, unreleased stuff... give him Legendary gear and enough materials to get back to the level he was?

Throw a Horn at him, that Exotic Rifle (unreleased one) and you are done. Maybe some other cool unreleased gear...

He will scream his guts out once he gets some neat stuff.

Bungie needs to do something about this.. they REALLY do.

LiK

Bungie can gift that kid stuff right? Give the kid some cool, unreleased stuff... give him Legendary gear and enough materials to get back to the level he was?

Throw a Horn at him, that Exotic Rifle (unreleased one) and you are done. Maybe some other cool unreleased gear...

He will scream his guts out once he gets some neat stuff.

Bungie needs to do something about this.. they REALLY do.

you need to be terminally ill to get anything.

Frostburn

Im up for another run if we can get 4 more.

Crota's End - Full clear (Normal or Hard depending on group) - leaning towards normal for now

1. US-Frostburn (Can sword for the team unless someone else wants to)
2. Feorax :pSN - MattIgoe
3. Midas :pSN - Rajala
4. Bitsurugi (same psn)
5. captscience
6. rezn0r - reznuh

For Hard Mode only (run after normal):

1. ethomaz
2. Akai XIII

ethomaz

Banned
Crota's End - Full clear (Normal or Hard depending on group) - leaning towards normal for now

1. US-Frostburn (Can sword for the team unless someone else wants to)
2. Feorax :pSN - MattIgoe
3. Midas :pSN - Rajala

Reply with your PSN ID if different from GAF name, level and preference on NM or HM.

Lets get a group going ASAP, save me from spending $60 because I'm bored!
I'm down for Hard Crota mode only... after you guys do the normal you can call me for hard ;)

Rtas

Well bought one exotic engram becasue I only had 24 motes to spare. And fuck me I got heart of praxic fire first try.

jeanRicK

Got a Praxic on my first ever exotic engram from Xur!! :D ... Still need a proper primary though ... running around with a Dr Nope lol.

Dave_6

Grind. Just grind.

I started to play it over my lunch break today. Gameplay is thin as hell but, damn, visuals are impressive. For what it is, a cinematic TPS, I'm digging it.

I went on lunch to find a copy, and both the Gamestop and Walmart I checked were sold out. I was surprised. I've got a NF to run tonight and can do some IB I guess.

Does anyone have a normal Atheon checkpoint? I'm doing it on normal first and then hard to see if I can get that horn to drop.

Those are the last two chances at it for the week.

Top Bottom