• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

vctor182

I also think this is the case or else story missions would have a matchmaking option as well. I hope they figure it out eventually because it seems like a no brainer thing.

They can make them work with the invite system, if you set it to closed then all missions are solo, friends only would be like what weeklies are now and public can enable matchmaking

bitsurugi

Crota's End - Full clear (Normal or Hard depending on group) - leaning towards normal for now

1. US-Frostburn (Can sword for the team unless someone else wants to)
2. Feorax :pSN - MattIgoe
3. Midas :pSN - Rajala
4. Bitsurugi (same psn)

Reply with your PSN ID if different from GAF name, level and preference on NM or HM.

Lets get a group going ASAP, save me from spending $60 because I'm bored!

NM or Hard, same for me.

Frostburn

NM or Hard, same for me.

Cool, added you to the list. We need 2 more and we'll knock out a quick normal then anyone that wants to do Hard can stick around in the party.

Edit: Drinking coffee and watching a show while we get 2 more then I'll hop on PSN and send out party invites.

Cool, added you to the list. We need 2 more and we'll knock out a quick normal then anyone that wants to do Hard can stick around in the party.

Edit: Drinking coffee and watching a show while we get 2 more then I'll hop on PSN and send out party invites.

I'll join! psn captscience

noomi

Anyone want to glimmer farm with me?

I have the normal gatekeeper checkpoint, don't want to start until I have a few people, goes much quicker that way.

Nice, just had an engram net me a Longbow Sniper with Shortgaze/Ambush scope, Unflinching and very high stability. 5 round mag.

Selectable perks, Lightweight, Armor Piercing and custom optics.

rezn0r

@Frostburn if you still have room in the normal run, reznuh on PSN. if not that's ok too. probably don't have time for multiple runs (but it looks like some people want in for hard only after anyway)

RdN

So.. I got to IB level 5.

Gheleon's Demise is very good. Amazing impact, low recoing. I didn't re roll it, since I feel like it's current roll is really great. Lack of Field Scout isn't much of an issue when you have fast reload after a precision kill.

The Shotty is pretty good, too. I re rolled it a lot, ended up with Full Auto and something else that I don't remember right now, and it did very well for PvP.

I also got both Gauntlets and Legs, mainly because I've been having the WORST luck in the Raid, 3 weeks in a row without ANY armor drops. Now I'm only a Helmet/Chest away from hitting 32.

I know complained before, but it wasn't that bad, grind-wise. Yes, the multiplayer mostly sucks, and getting killed by Supers most of the time you're capturing a Control point is frustrating, but I think the rewards for this one are worth it. I played about 1.5h a day, mostly until I finished all the bounties. Having all 3 IB items and the buff helped a lot.

phen0m24

NLB Daily 02/20/15 - The Buried City

Not even medical emergencies can stop this NLB train.

Dude, you around tonight? Have you seen Hard Mode™ in this thread talking about how he's extra hard mode tonight?

Oh gosh, heaven help us

I've only done Crota once on HM, once on Normal, no Atheons, and only one NIghtfall.
Not that I feel like doing much of absolutely anything. Just went to a friend's wife's funeral today. So sad. :(

Dude, you around tonight? Have you seen Hard Mode™ in this thread talking about how he's extra hard mode tonight?

Oh gosh, heaven help us

I've only done Crota once on HM, once on Normal, no Atheons, and only one NIghtfall.
Not that I feel like doing much of absolutely anything. Just went to a friend's wife's funeral today. So sad. :(

We are in sync right now. That is borderline creepy... GET OUTTA MY HEAD!

Sorry about your buddy's wife. That's terrible.

Frostburn

@Frostburn if you still have room in the normal run, reznuh on PSN. if not that's ok too. probably don't have time for multiple runs (but it looks like some people want in for hard only after anyway)

Alright so Crota's End - Full clear Normal Mode

4. Bitsurugi (same psn)
5. captscience
6. rezn0r - reznuh

For Hard Mode only (run after normal):

1. ethomaz
2. Akai XIII

Hopping on now to send out Party invites, see you all soon!

rNilla

Oh gosh, heaven help us

I've seen word of the Hardest Mode yet. Not sure if I'll be around but if so I'd love to join.
Unfortunately I can't Hard Mode myself. :(

I'm going to go ahead and put myself down as the third in your fireteam. GKW Hard Mode enabled.

I'll be enabling HM tonight. Hit me up if you need my services (
shenanigans
)

Also this.

coy

If Jolder's is for sale in the next IB, I am definitely staying up for reset the day before. Aside from an old Swarm, all my MG drops are of the high RoF/low Impact variety. I've got one weekly heroic, Crota and Atheon to do then IB all weekend. I'm even passing up a Marvel movie night with friends to play this weekend.

For E92 :p
inside joke
Is that Driving Miss Deathsinger?

phen0m24

I've seen word of the Hardest Mode yet. Not sure if I'll be around but if so I'd love to join.
Unfortunately I can't Hard Mode myself. :(

Also this.

You ok? Medical emergencies? Egads.

That's ok, I don't hard mode ever so I'll just be laughing as I am called
Cupcake, Pumpkin and Sweetheart
among other things I'm sure. hehe

jaaz

300 heavy ammo synthesis bought. Still have close to 200 strange coins--lol.

So what's the DestinyGAF verdict on The Order? It's Out for Delivery from Amazon. I know about the crappy "mainstream review" scores, but I don't trust reviews by "journalists" anymore for a myriad of reasons. But you guys, my Destiny brethren, will give it to me straight.

E92 M3

If Jolder's is for sale in the next IB, I am definitely staying up for reset the day before. Aside from an old Swarm, all my MG drops are of the high RoF/low Impact variety. I've got one weekly heroic, Crota and Atheon to do then IB all weekend. I'm even passing up a Marvel movie night with friends to play this weekend.

Is that Driving Miss Deathsinger?

Yes lol! Glad you got that haha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna push back IB slightly and do some other stuff first . Gonna start a train at 9PM instead if anyone wants to get in on that.

blazeuk

It still amazes me how little people understand about how to win control matches, I hate playing with randoms simply because people are oblivious to what's happening around them - it really isn't difficult to realise that trying to take 3 points is stupid and it's not difficult to pick up on which sides tend to be the better to hold either. Just another rank until I can purchase gloves and stop playing PvP for a while again...

darthbob

300 heavy ammo synthesis bought. Still have close to 200 strange coins--lol.

So what's the DestinyGAF verdict on The Order? It's Out for Delivery from Amazon. I know about the crappy "mainstream review" scores, but I don't trust reviews by "journalists" anymore for a myriad of reasons. But you guys, my Destiny brethren, will give it to me straight.

idk what the overall consensus is but the prevailing opinion seems to indicate that it's a fun enough game for your first go around with it, but after you finish it there's no real reason to play it again except to attain the trophies (you can platinum the game in a single run btw)

Just doesn't seem worth $60.

rNilla

You ok? Medical emergencies? Egads.

That's ok, I don't hard mode ever so I'll just be laughing as I am called
Cupcake, Pumpkin and Sweetheart
among other things I'm sure. hehe

Yeah I'm OK. Still waiting to find out what's wrong with me. I don't think it's anything serious.

Mindlog

HM05 finally got his Hard Crota Solo Kill.
is killing those hive majors in cosmodrome patrol still the quickest way for black wax idols?

overloaded with rad energies
Another popular spot is the Sword of Crota mission on Heroic.
Complete the first objective and get to the part where you first enter the Darkness Zone (gatehouse entrace or something.) Three or four majors spawn in the back. You can kill them, jump off the cliff and repeat.

It still amazes me how little people understand about how to win control matches, I hate playing with randoms simply because people are oblivious to what's happening around them - it really isn't difficult to realise that trying to take 3 points is stupid and it's not difficult to pick up on which sides tend to be the better to hold either. Just another rank until I can purchase gloves and stop playing PvP for a while again...

People capping A on Blind Watch when you're holding B & C is one of the most frustrating things in the game lol. That and multiple people literally running right by heavy ammo.

Alright so Crota's End - Full clear Normal Mode

4. Bitsurugi (same psn)
5. captscience
6. rezn0r - reznuh

For Hard Mode only (run after normal):

1. ethomaz
2. Akai XIII

Hopping on now to send out Party invites, see you all soon!
i am down for a hard raid, I gotta run to gamestop and get some gas but I should be back by the time you're done with the normal raid
Edit: I can run
scrub
the sword as well for hm

Hmm I bought one chest engram got Heart of the Praxic fire >_< What am I supposed to do with that. I am not making a warlock, no. No, no no no NO!

Top Bottom