• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

300 heavy ammo synthesis bought. Still have close to 200 strange coins--lol.

So what's the DestinyGAF verdict on The Order? It's Out for Delivery from Amazon. I know about the crappy "mainstream review" scores, but I don't trust reviews by "journalists" anymore for a myriad of reasons. But you guys, my Destiny brethren, will give it to me straight.

So, I've only played a little myself and haven't completed the game. I have watched gameplay videos etc so take my "review" for what you will.

The visuals/graphics are pretty crazy. It actually looks as good as I had hoped. Gameplay is boring (think Ryse) and full of "filler." Characters, thus far, seem really well done and the overall artistic direction of the game is very solid.

Basically, you need to take this game for what it is versus what it is not. The reviews I've read seem to really miss that point. It's like they expected CoD and got The Order instead. If you enjoy a really well-done, cinematic TPS, The Order is really good. If you're expecting complex gameplay and a ton of content, this game just isn't for you.

Hmm I bought one chest engram got Heart of the Praxic fire >_< What am I supposed to do with that. I am not making a warlock, no. No, no no no NO!

tumblr_inline_nit5flH60o1t5hd3k.gif

edit: damn, this gif can be used for just about anything related to Destiny.

Navy Bean

Hmm I bought one chest engram got Heart of the Praxic fire >_< What am I supposed to do with that. I am not making a warlock, no. No, no no no NO!
Just don't do what I did when I got Saint-14 for Titan and sharded it thinking I'd never make a Titan...Now I have a L28 Titan in need of a sweet helmet lol.

border

Last week I made a Warlock just because I got Heart of Praxic Fire from a Nightfall.

It's surprisingly fast to level up another character, particularly if you've saved up some armor for other classes in your Vault. Getting to 20 takes like 5-6 hours if you go heavy on bounties, and if you have an exotic and a couple legendary pieces to get you to 27-29 then you're ready to start running Weeklies and Nightfalls almost immediately.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Son of a....

This is what happens when you are groggy and not thinking clearly. Bought three chest engrams. Discarded one because I wasn't thinking straight. #%$@@@%$@ Those 23 motes don't grow on trees.

upload_convert.gif

border

So what's the DestinyGAF verdict on The Order? It's Out for Delivery from Amazon. I know about the crappy "mainstream review" scores, but I don't trust reviews by "journalists" anymore for a myriad of reasons. But you guys, my Destiny brethren, will give it to me straight.

Maybe you disagree with the scores or qualitiative statements in the reviews, but what everyone can objectively agree on is that it is a 6-8 hour cover shooter with big production values, very good graphics, a lot of unskippable cutscenes. If that sounds like it is fun to you then by all means purchase The Order.

If you've got Destiny to keep you busy though I don't know why you would buy it on Day 1 though, when it will almost definitely be available for $40 or less in a couple months.

Destiny whispers*Make a warlooooooock*

Join us @_@

tumblr_inline_nit5flH60o1t5hd3k.gif

edit: damn, this gif can be used for just about anything related to Destiny.

I swear, getting over this game is like getting over my first Ex, just when I had a new muse it tires to pull me back >_<

I might make one after my hunters get all the raid gear.

Just don't do what I did when I got Saint-14 for Titan and sharded it thinking I'd never make a Titan...Now I have a L28 Titan in need of a sweet helmet lol.

Heh I never though I'd make a character of another class and so I've sharded, Mask of the 3rd man, void fang, some claws and alpha lupi :-(

You know what to do: shard and post the gif. Embrace your dark side.

Oh boy, the urge to do that is strong!

Sorry Kadey. There really needs to be an undo where you go to the vendor and can get dismantled stuff back. Even if it's only for the same tower instance. Anything

I want to buy an engram or 2, but the odds of getting Praxic seem small. Ahh the temptation.

phen0m24

I swear, getting over this game is like getting over my first Ex, just when I had a new muse it tires to pull me back >_<

I might make one after my hunters get all the raid gear.

Heh I never though I'd make a character of another class and so I've sharded, Mask of the 3rd man, void fang, some claws and alpha lupi :-(

Oh boy, the urge to do that is strong!

I wouldn't shard it, Dark Lord of the Penguins.

I now run one of each character, just because I kept getting sweet warlock gear. I got HoTPF running a Nightfall with Vibrations - and the fit he had when I got it told me I should keep it. Vaulted it and when I got around to that 3rd character - she had a nice present waiting in the Vault.

Now that said, I wish I hadn't sharded a Saint 14 because I thought it looked silly
VERY
early on. UGH

Haybro

Well good news is that I did get a Praxic with my last engram. And I got a better stat roll Crest.

upload_convert.gif

Nice, seems like a lot of HotPF's going around today. As much as I want it, I think I'm going to save my motes for a shot at the Saint-14.

Mindlog

People capping A on Blind Watch when you're holding B & C is one of the most frustrating things in the game lol. That and multiple people literally running right by heavy ammo.
Especially after working so freaking hard to flip C. I normally just try to camp C anyways if someone caps A. If you don't block spawns then the sudden fight on top of your head can get very intense. Lots of memorable multikills fending off a spawn flip.
My solo effort (nothing y'all haven't seen before but what the heck..):

http://youtu.be/90NQVimXt5g

OMG dat cursed thrall @ 8:24! I go to jump-slash but the sword autotargets the thrall >_<
Well done. I know that sword lock on game well :]
Son of a....

This is what happens when you are groggy and not thinking clearly. Bought three chest engrams. Discarded one because I wasn't thinking straight. #%$@@@%$@ Those 23 motes don't grow on trees.
I know this game too. I had to to stare at myself a bit after that.

If Jolder's is for sale in the next IB, I am definitely staying up for reset the day before. Aside from an old Swarm, all my MG drops are of the high RoF/low Impact variety. I've got one weekly heroic, Crota and Atheon to do then IB all weekend. I'm even passing up a Marvel movie night with friends to play this weekend.

Honestly, don't do it

Hunters have more fun.

Oh, I'll be keeping one hunter and that somehow reminds me how did the emergency checkup go?

I wouldn't shard it, Dark Lord of the Penguins.

I now run one of each character, just because I kept getting sweet warlock gear. I got HoTPF running a Nightfall with Vibrations - and the fit he had when I got it told me I should keep it. Vaulted it and when I got around to that 3rd character - she had a nice present waiting in the Vault.

Now that said, I wish I hadn't sharded a Saint 14 because I thought it looked silly
VERY
early on. UGH

I-i hmm did you have a titan that time?

_Legacy_

Took me forever to get my first WoC (finally on Wednesday, actually). After you get your first, they drop like hot-cakes. Got another one yesterday, lol.

Hopeful I can get a Praxic in a few hours as well when I test my luck.

Sadly I didn't get it, got another legendary speeder though and Glowhoo. Must be due to me running it on normal with my Titan earlier in the week.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Revenant get! I wasn't expecting much of it but CE Hunter gear looks pretty cool with it.

It only took...14 Dead Orbit ranks to get it...-_-

XL4NWFE.jpg

Just got from xur? Any good or do I stick with my warlock helm 'light beyond nemsis'

NdwsQfs.jpg

They both have their purpose. Light beyond nemesis is good for fast revives, creating orbs, and regen of health during hard Crota by picking up orbs. Praxic fire lets you spam 10-12 grenades during radiance. It makes all cool downs during radiance super fast, to the point where you don't like it when you're not wearing it cause everything regens so slow. I personally wear either praxic Fire or obsidian mind. Hard crota has definitely made the nemesis relevant though

_Legacy_

nightfall 1: mask of the third man
nightfall 2: suros
nightfall 3: *hopefully ghorn*

I don't get it, how are people getting such good drops? I all my nightfalls, I have never got a single exotic. Either legendaries, energies/shards or coins. I know it's all RNG but come on....maybe PS4 users are more favoured? Haha

BokehKing

Banned
They both have their purpose. Light beyond nemesis is good for fast revives, creating orbs, and regen of health during hard Crota by picking up orbs. Praxic fire lets you spam 10-12 grenades during radiance. It makes all cool downs during radiance super fast, to the point where you don't like it when you're not wearing it cause everything regens so slow. I personally wear either praxic Fire or obsidian mind. Hard crota has definitely made the nemesis relevant though
In that case I better grind enough marks to buy a legendary helm because it sure as shit not dropping in the raid for me

Top Bottom