• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
A couple of days ago was hard light day, today is Praxic fire day. Mine comes with 157 discipline so I'm happy despite wasting 23 motes. Going to take a while to level this thing up.

I wouldn't shard it, Dark Lord of the Penguins.

I now run one of each character, just because I kept getting sweet warlock gear. I got HoTPF running a Nightfall with Vibrations - and the fit he had when I got it told me I should keep it. Vaulted it and when I got around to that 3rd character - she had a nice present waiting in the Vault.

Now that said, I wish I hadn't sharded a Saint 14 because I thought it looked silly
VERY
early on. UGH

I guess you don't dig the "penis with a broom on top" look either :-/

BokehKing

Banned
Any good? Ha, I'd answer but I'm pretty sure GAF is about to do that for me.

Best Warlock exotic in my opinion an arguably one of the top two exotics in the game along with Saint-14
Saint 14 is that funny feather helm right? Got that from xur months ago (he was selling) makes all enemies blind when in bubble, feather looks dumb and fashion wise it goes with nothing, but I love that bubble/blind

I don't get it, how are people getting such good drops? I all my nightfalls, I have never got a single exotic. Either legendaries, energies/shards or coins. I know it's all RNG but come on....maybe PS4 users are more favoured? Haha

im on xbox one lol.

usually get shards/energy/coins but maybe since i do usually do the nightfalls on tuesday. maybe the key is waiting until later on in the week lol

I swear, getting over this game is like getting over my first Ex, just when I had a new muse it tires to pull me back >_<

I might make one after my hunters get all the raid gear.

Heh I never though I'd make a character of another class and so I've sharded, Mask of the 3rd man, void fang, some claws and alpha lupi :-(

Oh boy, the urge to do that is strong!

You'll get over sharding them. From what I can tell, the must haves are Heart of Praxis Fire, Saint-14, Obsidian Mind, and Don't Touch Me. All of the rest are optional.

jaaz

Just got from xur? Any good or do I stick with my warlock helm 'light beyond nemsis'

NdwsQfs.jpg

Problem is, I have no other healm

Personally, I think it's overrated. If you're playing a Sunsinger Warlock, you're probably not using your super offensively very much anyways, but rather saving your super to come back from the dead (fireborne). When you die and rez, 99% you're worried about getting away as fast as you can from whatever killed you, not about being able to throw an extra fusion grenade or two.

But it does look spectacular!

Personally, I think it's overrated. If you're playing a Sunsinger Warlock, you're probably not using your super offensively very much anyways, but rather saving your super to come back from the dead (fireborne). When you die and rez, 99% you're worried about getting away as fast as you can from whatever killed you, not about being able to throw an extra fusion grenade or two.

For PvE maybe.

using Radiant Skin in PvP is pretty crazy. Sticky grenades everywhere!

Saint 14 is that funny feather helm right? Got that from xur months ago (he was selling) makes all enemies blind when in bubble, feather looks dumb and fashion wise it goes with nothing, but I love that bubble/blind

Yup, that's the one. The bubble blinding is ridiculous.

I really don't care how the stuff looks as long as it's effective.

Frostburn

i am down for a hard raid, I gotta run to gamestop and get some gas but I should be back by the time you're done with the normal raid
Edit: I can run
scrub
the sword as well for hm

Alright we are ready for the HM run if you are (We'd love to have you as our swordbearer, plenty of rockets will be shot for your help :)

BokehKing

Banned

I do kind of feel the same you're right

Mindlog

Switching between 3 characters over and over to sort out vault space is fun!
It's looking like 60 Heavy on my Hunter/Titan and 80 on my Warlock. I'll also have 120 Heavy Synths in my Vault.

Did they ever announce plans to fix the stupid full inventory ammo glitch? I could buy 180 more Heavy Ammo Synths, but I'm leaving space to avoid running into that bug at a bad time.

phen0m24

Just got from xur? Any good or do I stick with my warlock helm 'light beyond nemsis'

NdwsQfs.jpg

Problem is, I have no other healm

Raid with what you've got, keep Praxic in the Vault until you get a Raid helm with Infusion. Then keep that and roll with HOTPF.

:)

I guess you don't dig the "penis with a broom on top" look either :-/
Yeah, pretty much. I also sharded Inmost Light because I thought it looked corny. I did the same with my first Glasshouse - because it legitimately looked horrible. Now I just keep as much as possible.

Hoping my team right now kills Crota HM pretty fast. Then I need to grind 3 NF to do Eris bounties so I have another shot of not getting Praxic.

Titan and a Hunter if I recall correctly

Hit me up when you want to rock. I'll be online around 5pm. Gotta grab some happy juice on the way home. Might be playing The Order but will obviously switch to Destiny just for you,
pumpkin

Any interest in HM Atheon checkpoint? It's my last shot at the Horn for the week. I think I'm going to try to get a group together to roll through that real quick.

coy

Honestly, don't do it
If your concern is me choosing IRL friends over a game, I appreciate that. No worries as this is an ongoing event leading up to Avengers 2. Besides, the films will be Iron Man 2 and Thor. I think I am making the right decision. I will be there for Cap 2 and GotG definitely when it comes up.

Small ounce of wisdom #2 for the day: Always try to put yourself in a winning situation (that's some Art of War shit right there).

By asking Colonel to explain the method to his madness, you are doing the opposite ;P

Duly noted

*Scribbles in mental notepad "Be afraid of Colonel, be very afraid" *

phen0m24

Hit me up when you want to rock. I'll be online around 5pm. Gotta grab some happy juice on the way home. Might be playing The Order but will obviously switch to Destiny just for you,
pumpkin

Any interest in HM Atheon checkpoint? It's my last shot at the Horn for the week. I think I'm going to try to get a group together to roll through that real quick.

I'll be on in a bit. Still at work. Leaving shortly. Yeah we can do Atheon. That works.

Infusion is for sissies. Suck it up and use Suros or Red Death to regen health. Someone needs to shoot the thrall.

I only recently leveled Suros to that perk, and my Red Death is a 300. I put Red Death on the Hunter but obviously you know what I like to bring with me..
Come on we have a Horn for each char, got to level them up :p
But yeah, Red Death is pretty amazing.
Narmer will almost assuredly quote this and rave about it. He's smitten.

Revenant get! I wasn't expecting much of it but CE Hunter gear looks pretty cool with it.

It only took...14 Dead Orbit ranks to get it...-_-

This gives me hope. Just got rank 11 myself. I've heard the horror stories of people on here who are rank 38 and haven't received anything.

Jaeyden

Pro's taking a friend through VOG normal - his second raid, 4 of us, looking for one or more if anyone is bored. Send me a FR if you want in.

Top Bottom