• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

LordofPwn

Yep I ran the sword using my titan. Normally I am use to hunter jumps, so the jump, height, time it takes to drop back down and etc threw me off alot. Died every single shield break :p but Crota was dead at the 4th sword and we didnt even wipe. Once everyone is level 32, Crota's End hard mode will be just like normal mode now.

Mehh I want it but too lazy to form a fresh VoG HM raid.
I now want to try jumping from the middle and doing 3 shield breaks for 1 sword. I'm running out of stuff to do lol. I only need the crux and shotgun and that's it for Crota. Then it's back to VoG for 15 more Atheon kills and hope to get a hard light.

Still missing the warlock chest armor and titan chest+ boots from VoG. I kinda want them cause of pokemon reasons.

Wow, that sucks. RNG is such bullshitt

Well, it's not like it even matters now. VoG gear is completely pointless and useless.

Only reason I run VoG anymore is for a shot at the Vex and an Exotic from the Gorgon chest. Good game design, Bungle.

No Vex either? I dismantle one almost every week :(

Yeah, I'm missing Hunter chest and the Praetorian Foil. Gotta catch em all.

GJALLARHORN!

Mehh I want it but too lazy to form a fresh VoG HM raid.

Let's do it...
enablers

WipedOut

Not a bad night, much better than last night

3 Atheon Clears - Hard light and 2 Vex
3 Gorgon Clears - 2 Red Death and Shards/Energy.

Besides Thorn And Invective (I have the Bounty's) I'm now down to only one exotic left to get. That Horn!

Not a bad night, much better than last night

3 Atheon Clears - Hard light and 2 Vex
3 Gorgon Clears - 2 Red Death and Shards/Energy.

Besides Thorn And Invective (I have the Bounty's) I'm now down to only one exotic left to get. That Horn!

RNG be trolling. That's amazing and infuriating to have that be the only one left.

I don't particularly care about collecting all the Exotics, but I am reasonably close to getting them all now.

Just need: Suros, Red Death, Necro, NLB, 4th Horseman and Truth.

I could have bought several of those through Xur, but didn't feel like parting with the coins at the time. Now, I will buy it regardless.

WipedOut

RNG be trolling. That's amazing and infuriating to have that be the only one left.

I don't particularly care about collecting all the Exotics, but I am reasonably close to getting them all now.

I could have bought several of those through Xur, but didn't feel like parting with the coins at the time. Now, I will buy it regardless.
When he sold Ghorn I was a lowley level 10 and only had one character, Now 3, 32's later and countless hours in this game it's weird that it's the only one that I'm missing. I have 33 exotic shards now. +1 if I decide to dismantle my extra red death.

jadedm17

That's the point, no one does, but we : a. Have nothing else to do. B. Lost sight of why we're playing and - like in life - focus too much one what we don't have and not what we do.
Got Gjallahorn in a crucible match days ago and my life's pretty much the same.

Bladelaw

Thanks Ichabod00 for running #forevernofatebringer.
On the third run I got the elusive Hand Cannon. I didn't realize it until I went back to the postmaster. Hurray!

That's the point, no one does, but we : a. Have nothing else to do. B. Lost sight of why we're playing and - like in life - focus too much one what we don't have and not what we do.
Got Gjallahorn in a crucible match days ago and my life's pretty much the same.

I only got Gjallarhorn a day ago, and while not life changing, it certainly feels good. Of course it has no real world implications, but it certainly does in the game. Besides being desirable with LFGers, it does improve your efficiency in many encounters. It may not seem like much, but it is time saved or more stuff complete over a long period of time.

It was also the big carrot-on-a-stick for me and I do wonder how things will change when the Honeymoon period is over. Collecting the rest of the exotics doesn't have the same appeal to me.

I think I used up any luck I had with that one Gjallarhorn a couple of weeks ago lol, but hopefully something else will come my way.
-
NF 1 - 10 coins
NF 2 - Time on Target Pulse Rifle :/
Been getting garbage for the last few weeks. I def used all my luck a ~month ago when I got ballerhorn, hawkmoon, 4th hourseman and hard light within a week.
I am including dragon's breath and no land Beyound in the trash as well :p

Rehsa

I only got Gjallarhorn a day ago, and while not life changing, it certainly feels good. Of course it has no real world implications, but it certainly does in the game. Besides being desirable with LFGers, it does improve your efficiency in many encounters. It may not seem like much, but it is time saved or more stuff complete over a long period of time.

It was also the big carrot-on-a-stick for me and I do wonder how things will change when the Honeymoon period is over.

I am definitely loving mine which was recently acquired, the Archon went down in seconds with rocket spam. He died quick and a ship dropped about 4 Captains on us and killed us all

My Hunter has now gotten 2 Cruxes of Crota and 2 Word of Crota doing hard mode, still no damn CE Helmet from a clear every week since TDB launched.

Fuck.

Rehsa

Been getting garbage for the last few weeks. I def used all my luck a ~month ago when I got ballerhorn, hawkmoon, 4th hourseman and hard light within a week.
I am including dragon's breath and no land Beyound in the trash as well :p

That is good, I seem to get one here and there, not crazy like some of the people here. I did get a NLB
shard
last week and didn't realize until I went to the postmaster lol

I am definitely loving mine which was recently acquired, the Archon went down in seconds with rocket spam. He died quick and a ship dropped about 4 Captains on us and killed us all

I had a disappointing experience with my Gjallarhorn on the one Nightfall I did with it.

When I was going through first, a fireteam member rocked Archon with his Gjallarhorn so fast I don't think anything else spawned before going down. That's when mine dropped.

Later that night after I unlocked Wolfpack rounds I ran it again for no reward. Got 1 shot in on Archon, then the 2nd rocket missed as he teleported away just in time. (Other jabronies were not stunlocking him with Snipers). I got careless as I reloaded and died. By the time I was resurrected it was almost over.

Oh well, need to try again. I really want to do Omnigul on a Solar Burn.

My Hunter has now gotten 2 Cruxes of Crota and 2 Word of Crota doing hard mode, still no damn CE Helmet from a clear every week since TDB launched.

Fuck.

I can't get a weapon drop from Crota to save my life. We are polar opposites. I have had Helms drop my last 4 Crota kills on 2 separate characters. I've never had a weapon drop outside the guaranteed drop on first run.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep. No problem.

I think they should make use of the sparrow in the house of wolves. For the raid, there should be a sparrow section where you go at it with dregs on pikes or something. Make things more interesting.

And I'm disappointed in the CE sparrow being the same as Timebreaker. At lest make the trail green.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
All of my CE weapons are upgraded. Do I need to keep radiant energy for if I ever get a crux?

ich00

Thanks Ichabod00 for running #forevernofatebringer.
On the third run I got the elusive Hand Cannon. I didn't realize it until I went back to the postmaster. Hurray!

No problem, that went super smooth. 4 out of 7 people got one, still none for me, maybe next week rng will be nicer to me.

I can't get a weapon drop from Crota to save my life. We are polar opposites. I have had Helms drop my last 4 Crota kills on 2 separate characters. I've never had a weapon drop outside the guaranteed drop on first run.

Damn.

My Titan got 5 helmets doing all his runs since launch.

Still nothing for my Warlock either.

I think Bungie should make resets on Saturday morning. Would benefit so many people and maximize traffic.

I disagree, weekends already have high traffic. Reset on Tuesday ensures a big spike during the week. It probably has a higher overall increase of playtime.

Rehsa

I had a disappointing experience with my Gjallarhorn on the one Nightfall I did with it.

When I was going through first, a fireteam member rocked Archon with his Gjallarhorn so fast I don't think anything else spawned before going down. That's when mine dropped.

Later that night after I unlocked Wolfpack rounds I ran it again for no reward. Got 1 shot in on Archon, then the 2nd rocket missed as he teleported away just in time. (Other jabronies were not stunlocking him with Snipers). I got careless as I reloaded and died. By the time I was resurrected it was almost over.

Oh well, need to try again. I really want to do Omnigul on a Solar Burn.

Damn. Yeah Omnigul was fun with Solar

I think Bungie should make resets on Saturday morning. Would benefit so many people and maximize traffic.

That would be amazing.

Friday nights!!!

I honestly think it is simply because of how it started since new releases are always on Tuesday and same with expansions.

BUT the reason it will never change is because other games come out on Tuesday too, so they don't want you playing other games. It's reset day!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I disagree, weekends already have high traffic. Reset on Tuesday ensures a big spike during the week. It probably has a higher overall increase of playtime.

I know far too many people who do their stuff later in the week. A lot of people seem to have real life and work during the weekdays. Plus you have to contend with releases and everything coming out on Tuesday. I know a few people who don't bother with the game because of this. They could experiment for a short period to see how it is. Maybe for a month or two at a time have resets on different days to see how things are.

Top Bottom