• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Jinjo

lol DGAF is awesome.

With that said, I'm gonna play something else now. Which backlog game to start with...

What games are in your backlog?

I finished Dragon Age over Christmas and now I'm looking to start Far Cry 4. Evil Within is a lost cause for me, can't get back into that game.

"Here it is: The darkest of all the Hive's chambers."

Man, what a coincidence. Long ago, the moon fell to Crota (Sardon's army helped shatter it), and these tunnels go on for miles, but we so just happen to stumble upon the darkest of their chambers. The darkest one. Be careful of Crota's miniature sword though, its power is dark.

lol the writing in this game is so bad

raindoc

urgent, transmission
incoming

on
all​
channels​

..from the speaker

my favorite line in the game is from the epic ending of the "campaign": "the shroud of darkness is lifting and light returns to the traveler. the speaker is calling us home."
there's more cheese in those two sentences than in both raids combined.

Download Apotheon from PS +

You will probably love it, I've been playing it so much.

Hmm just finished installing actually, might fire that up. Transistor is downloading now.

What games are in your backlog?

I finished Dragon Age over Christmas and now I'm looking to start Far Cry 4. Evil Within is a lost cause for me, can't get back into that game.

Oh man, so many. Mostly older stuff, nothing else on PS4 except the PS+ this month. Bayonetta 2 is the only recent one, otherwise might dust off the ol' PS3 and do Dragon's Dogma or even my PS2 for Viewtiful Joe...

I have a PS4, PS3 and a PS2 that plays PS1 games all hooked up to my TV, haha.

Jinjo

Oh man, so many. Mostly older stuff, nothing else on PS4 except the PS+ this month. Bayonetta 2 is the only recent one, otherwise might dust off the ol' PS3 and do Dragon's Dogma or even my PS2 for Viewtiful Joe...

I have a PS4, PS3 and a PS2 that plays PS1 games all hooked up to my TV, haha.

Go Bayonetta 2. That's the only game that managed to capture my attention for me to finish within a few days during the early days of Destiny. Plus, it's only like 10-14 hours. You can finish that easily enough before you slide back lol.

Also, it's supergood.

blazeuk

seriously. i've got 400 shards in my vault, but only 150 energies or so.

It's a currency they need to figure out something to do with, at least Ascendant Energy is still useful for legendary weapons, Ascendant Shards have absolutely no use for those with raid gear, it just builds and builds (i'm also sitting on hundreds of shards).

Jinjo

It's a currency they need to figure out something to do with, at least Ascendant Energy is still useful for legendary weapons, Ascendant Shards have absolutely no use for those with raid gear, it just builds and builds (i'm also sitting on hundreds of shards).

They never should have introduced radiant mats in the first place (and fucking commendations). If they would have kept ass mats for raid gear Destiny wouldn't have had the problem of "people not getting excited/not going for a better raid piece", because they lack the upgrade materials.

Manp

ran two normal CE in the past couple of days, still no Hunger. i still haven't had a rocket launcher drop from either raid :|

out of two characters (Titan and Warlock) and 30something full runs i'm still missing from VoG:
Titan boots (do they even exist?)
Fusion rifle
Pulse rifle
Rocket launcher
Normal mode ship

from CE:
Rocket launcher
Normal mode ship
Scooter

can't really complain. i'd like a second Fatebringer tho.

Ambitious

Apparently some guy thinks it's funny sitting in the Venus loot room to prevent me from farming Super kills for the bounty. Now we're both sitting there, he inside and me outside.

Well, fella, let's test your patience. I've got plenty work to do in the meantime, how about you?

Holy crap you guys weren't lying. Fatebringer is amazing! But what perk do you guys do on the second tree? I like ER, but sometimes it interferes with Firefly.

Holy crap you people weren't lying. Fatebringer is amazing! But what perk do you guys do on the second tree? I like ER, but sometimes it interferes with Firefly.
Explosive Rounds will cancel out the firefly perk. Personally I use field scout, which only adds 1 bullet to the mag..so its kinda..yeah..

deadduck

45 VoG clears (not all HM) and still no Fatebringer.

I think I still need 4thHorseman, Necrocasm and the void raid handcannon, but FB is the only gun I want.

k1t4j

Hello,

Does anyone need the weekly still?

I am about to jump in solo if anyone feels like helping or still need it:

Kitaj84 on PSN

Thanks

Holy crap you guys weren't lying. Fatebringer is amazing! But what perk do you guys do on the second tree? I like ER, but sometimes it interferes with Firefly.

Field Scout, one bullet sounds insignificant but you get overall more ammo. Explosive rounds are good to look at but they screw up Firefly and just spreads your bullet damage over larger area.

Field Scout, one bullet sounds insignificant but you get overall more ammo. Explosive rounds are good to look at but they screw up Firefly and just spreads your bullet damage over larger area.

Hum... I usually use explosive rounds.

How do you use your Fang of Yut? High Caliber, Prefect Balance or Field Scout?

Omni

Yanno I just can't get this raid pistol.

I've got everything else including the Necro. But it just doesn't come. I guess on the bright side I got a new raid Titan helmet which replenishes my health when picking up orbs (which is a lot better roll than my current)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How many fucking times must I massacre Telthor in Chamber of Night mission, HOLY SHIT!

It's been given like 3 days straight, with these 3, I've killed him roughly 9 times, poor Ogre

k1t4j

I wish I saw this before deleting the bounty for completing a weekly or nightfall. :(

Ahaha no problem ;)

I never delete 5k bounties though, sometimes I let them stack up for when I get something decent to level up.

Anyways it's done, Word of Crota doing god's work ^^

Hyun Sai

All my Warlocks are 32, I've got 3x Abyss Defiant, 3x Fangs of Yr Ut, 3x Hunger of Crota and one crappy Word of Crota. Only need to max some of those weapons.

Mode cool relax, will still do hard CE in the upcoming weeks, last night session was too much fun.

Atkison04

lol DGAF is awesome.

With that said, I'm gonna play something else now. Which backlog game to start with...

Hey man, thanks for dropping in to help out my crew over the last week or so. Always a good time! Lost half my crew last night and with the help of Ji66a man and a lfg guy we managed to 5 man it.

I promise I wasn't calling you out for leaving to eat last night too. I misunderstood and thought that Phaethon had told you that he needed you and another guy to hop in so he could go eat himself lol. Phaethon left us about fifteen minutes after that anyways!

Bradach

A purple weapon engram turned into an exotic heavy weapon. A rocket launcher called 'Truth'.

My first exotic weapon. yay

It's a fine upgrade from what I was using but how does it rate against other exotic heavies?

Atkison04

A purple weapon engram turned into an exotic heavy weapon. A rocket launcher called 'Truth'.

It's a fine upgrade from what I was using but how does it rate against other exotic heavies?

It is the best pvp exotic rocket launcher because of its aggressive tracking. I'm finally getting around to leveling mine up since I've just had it sitting in the vault. Of course gjallarhorn is by far the best heavy, imo. Some of these other guys can probably do a lot better info comparing it to machine guns since I don't typically use those too much.

ethomaz

Banned

It is the best PVP RL in my opinion... pretty good in PVE too if you don't have G'horn.

Tracking and proximity explosion makes this a killer weapon for PVP.

Bradach

It is the best pvp exotic rocket launcher because of its aggressive tracking. I'm finally getting around to leveling mine up since I've just had it sitting in the vault. Of course gjallarhorn is by far the best heavy, imo. Some of these other guys can probably do a lot better info comparing it to machine guns since I don't typically use those too much.

It is the best PVP RL in my opinion... pretty good in PVE too if you don't have G'horn.

Nice one! I'm a little happier with it now :)

Gordon

Holy ever-loving fuck.

So I'm working on my (level 10) alt, just cleaning up a couple Eris bounties. Killing hive with a sword on Earth. Okay, so I'm cruising around Mothyards and a Blade spawns. I go to kill him, and as I drop him I get one-shotted by something. Odd. So I respawn and head back to get the sword, and promptly get one-shotted again. That's weird, there are level 20 Acolytes everywhere - "Son of Oryx" showing up as the weapon they're using? WTF?
Alright, fuck it. Must be some leftover from somebody doing a campaign mission or something. I mean, I haven't seen a blueberry at all this instance, but whatever.
Another Blade starts spawning, head to the spawn point, and the three acolytes performing the ritual are level fucking 20 :/
Killed the Blade and went to orbit.
5959710.jpg

noomi

I did earlier today :)

Noticed we still haven't been friends, so i poked you about it, this way we can see each other when we are online.

I have finished everything for this week, but if you still need someone to fill the fireteam, feel free to poke me, will gladly help, if needed.

Other then that, will be doing random pvp in crucible or Roc's (still need that Thunderlord).

Absolutely man, I'm also done with everything for the week, just waiting for Tuesday to roll around again haha. I typically power through as many ROC strikes as time allows each day in between resets looking for the hawkmoon. Usually home around 3:30PM EST, so if your on I'll shoot you an invite and we can get a roc train going.

My mission before next Tuesday reset it to obtain a normal gorgon chest checkpoint (and hang on to it for as long as possible). It is not easy finding a group to do VoG NM with these days....

And that nothing was a normal acolyte...

:p exactly. I need to make a shameful gif of it or something...

Hey man, thanks for dropping in to help out my crew over the last week or so. Always a good time! Lost half my crew last night and with the help of Ji66a man and a lfg guy we managed to 5 man it.

I promise I wasn't calling you out for leaving to eat last night too. I misunderstood and thought that Phaethon had told you that he needed you and another guy to hop in so he could go eat himself lol. Phaethon left us about fifteen minutes after that anyways!

Phaethon pls! Very glad to hear you got Scrota down eventually, wish I could have stuck around to help out. I've had a blast playing with your team and helping to slice up that ugly mug. I especially liked how we 5-manned the HM abyss w/o wiping yesterday, with Phaethon's orb sitting back at the start...

And no worries at all, I knew you weren't trying to call me out or anything. Sometimes getting a group of 6 established can be confusing, I thought you needed two so I tried to direct Jigga and my buddy Crits your way. My wife had already brought home dinner so I was trying to not keep her waiting too long, I know you understand.

I'll raid with you guys anytime, just shoot me a PM or send Phaethon off to track me down. :)

Atkison04

:p exactly. I need to make a shameful gif of it or something...

Phaethon pls! Very glad to hear you got Scrota down eventually, wish I could have stuck around to help out. I've had a blast playing with your team and helping to slice up that ugly mug. I especially liked how we 5-manned the HM abyss w/o wiping yesterday, with Phaethon's orb sitting back at the start...

And no worries at all, I knew you weren't trying to call me out or anything. Sometimes getting a group of 6 established can be confusing, I thought you needed two so I tried to direct Jigga and my buddy Crits your way. My wife had already brought home dinner so I was trying to not keep her waiting too long, I know you understand.

I'll raid with you guys anytime, just shoot me a PM or send Phaeton off to track me down. :)

Ha! Phaethon told us that he got Crits off destiny lfg! I had no idea he was your dude! I appreciate your help man. Finally nabbed the word of crota so I can finally stop sweating the drops and just play it for fun/help.

I completely understand man. My wife was sitting at the desk doing homework so she didn't care about my destiny play time last night :) Always feel free to drop in if you see me or my squad doing anything that interests you bro!

Deku Tree

Have your rocket launcher firing squad keep shooting Crota with primaries while he is kneeling down to keep him kneeling the full length allowing your swordbearer to maximize his sword hits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkkqR1PEt4o

As seen in the video, everyone had a green connection.
3.9 seconds per down without primaries shot at Crota during his kneel. 4.4 seconds per kneel with primaries shooting at Crota. Difference of 0.5 seconds is big for getting lots of hits in.

Did anyone try this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ga_shoot_your_primaries_at_crota_while_he_is/

Ha! Phaethon told us that he got Crits off destiny lfg! I had no idea he was your dude! I appreciate your help man. Finally nabbed the word of crota so I can finally stop sweating the drops and just play it for fun/help.

I completely understand man. My wife was sitting at the desk doing homework so she didn't care about my destiny play time last night :) Always feel free to drop in if you see me or my squad doing anything that interests you bro!

That is a lie! I tried to make a joke of finding him and Ji66a off Drizzay-LFG, but it probably got drowned out because none of you actually listen to me anymore...

Honestly with having a Titan distracting the Boomers we could probably 4 man it (provided everyone has Gjallarhorns). The only tricky part has been getting the Swordbearer down in time (without it falling through the friggin map). That and typical Son of Whoryx BS.

Top Bottom