• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Almost done with nightfall then it kicks my fireteam out of the match. Now I remember why I've given up on this shit.

Jinjo

Goddammit Crota, why did you bestow the Crux upon me? Now I gotta farm for this stupid Husk. I thought I was nearing Destiny retirement dammit!

Shito

That would be amazing.

Friday nights!!!

I honestly think it is simply because of how it started since new releases are always on Tuesday and same with expansions.

BUT the reason it will never change is because other games come out on Tuesday too, so they don't want you playing other games. It's reset day!
That is a very US centric view. ^^
Here in Europe games usually are released on Friday.

I know far too many people who do their stuff later in the week. A lot of people seem to have real life and work during the weekdays. Plus you have to contend with releases and everything coming out on Tuesday. I know a few people who don't bother with the game because of this. They could experiment for a short period to see how it is. Maybe for a month or two at a time have resets on different days to see how things are.

I disagree, weekends already have high traffic. Reset on Tuesday ensures a big spike during the week. It probably has a higher overall increase of playtime.

I can see both sides. They really should at least experiment with it.

Tuesday morning Pros: look forward to Tuesday night after work
Cons: can't do anything right at reset, can be difficult at times to find groups.

Saturday morning Pros:
Can play at reset and probably a massive amount of groups / have fun alongside everybody.
Cons: my weekend sleep schedule would be weird.

I would definitely like to see try weekend reset out.

High caliber rounds are very good on the Fang. Really useful stunning the Knights and Swordbearer. Using it with spray and play and you can have fast reloads, no need for field scout.

Jinjo

High caliber rounds are very good on the Fang. Really useful stunning the Knights and Swordbearer. Using it with spray and play and you can have fast reloads, no need for field scout.

And stunning the boomers most importantly. I used those throughout the raid too yesterday. Only switched to field scout for Crota.

raindoc

I know far too many people who do their stuff later in the week. A lot of people seem to have real life and work during the weekdays. Plus you have to contend with releases and everything coming out on Tuesday. I know a few people who don't bother with the game because of this. They could experiment for a short period to see how it is. Maybe for a month or two at a time have resets on different days to see how things are.

resetting on a saturday (us-time) would split the weekend for the greater part of the planet.
reset when xur comes to town. that way the whole planet has the full weekend to play without having to worry about loosing all their raid checkpoints during family activities on saturday afternoon.

A few random people I have played with claimed the Crux drops like the husk, ie you can get it anytime after multiple completions of HM Crota, :lol

That is simply not the case, and its unfortunate that wouldn't take my word for it.

When I got my crux, I jumped straight into HM Crota via checkpoint, it was on my hunter who had only killed HM Crota once before with Hawkian. I wasn't even carrying the husk.

Its just straight up RNG, just like the Vex.

Its funny because I was saying to Drizzay that if anyone desevered the Crux, he did for all the help his given peeps, then BOOM, he gets the crux lol. I got it on our third run.

Was real fun, had a good laugh.

someday

Banned
Is anyone doing normal Crota and needing a couple extras? I have 2, possibly 3 level 31s who are interested.

PSN-someday

Jinjo

A few random people I have played with claimed the Crux drops like the husk, ie you can get it anytime after multiple completions of HM Crota, :lol

That is simply not the case, and its unfortunate that wouldn't take my word for it.

When I got my crux, I jumped straight into HM Crota via checkpoint, it was on my hunter who had only killed HM Crota once before with Hawkian. I wasn't even carrying the husk.

Its funny because I was saying to Drizzay that if anyone desevered the Crux, he did for all the help his given peeps, then BOOM, he gets the crux lol. I got it on our third run.

I can confirm you don't even need the Husk or Eidolon Ally for it to drop. #forevernohusk here and I got the Crux yesterday. I was the only one in the party without a Husk and offcourse only I got the Crux lol. I think I called it while we were running Crota too.

Admittedly, I called it every week since HM released lol.

I'm still buzzing from last nights drops! This has been the best reset week for me ever. I've had MIDA, gjallerhorn both drop for me. Had a duplicate plan c and radiant dance machines. Just need that black hammer from my last normal crota run. But I'm willing to wait till next week for that.

The horn and plan c both dropped during VoG normal. Horn from the gorgon chest and plan c from atheon. Made it well worth staying up late for and being tired in work this morning.

I'm still buzzing from last nights drops! This has been the best reset week for me ever. I've had MIDA, gjallerhorn both drop for me. Had a duplicate plan c and radiant dance machines. Just need that black hammer from my last normal crota run. But I'm willing to wait till next week for that.

The horn and plan c both dropped during VoG normal. Horn from the gorgon chest and plan c from atheon. Made it well worth staying up late for and being tired in work this morning.

That is a great haul. Yesterday was similarly good to me too.

Gjallarhorn and a dupe Monte Carlo from Nightfall then Plan C from Deathsinger. Even got a Raid helm for my Warlock that can now get to level 32. (Still missing chest, but whatever).

bitsurugi

Hey Bitsurugi just accepted your friend request, what's up? I haven't seen you post today.

I did earlier today :)

Noticed we still haven't been friends, so i poked you about it, this way we can see each other when we are online.

I have finished everything for this week, but if you still need someone to fill the fireteam, feel free to poke me, will gladly help, if needed.

Other then that, will be doing random pvp in crucible or Roc's (still need that Thunderlord).

Goddammit Crota, why did you bestow the Crux upon me? Now I gotta farm for this stupid Husk. I thought I was nearing Destiny retirement dammit!

Do not farm for Husk under any circumstances. It's the worst possible way I could imagine spending time in this game, which is saying something. I'd rather play Skirmish with randos!!!

You'll get Husk eventually, maybe do Eris bounties a little bit. Necrochasm is even worse than you've imagined. It's almost hard to imagine exactly how bad it is until you've pissed away an entire clip and killed nothing.

haha too good... Those were definitely some fun runs. People love to make up explanations for the RNG in this game.

Crux = Vex, end of story. (edit: with the CE "fun drop" loot system added, which is why nobody got it 1st week)

Do not farm for Husk...

The husk farms you

Fake edit: Top post position get >_<

Moar edit: I haven't been actively taking part in CE raids but I haven't stopped. If anyone needs help or desperately need a 6th with either raid feel free to either PM to message me on psn.
I'll be happy to help in whatever capacity I can :)

Amazing runs, and as smooth as one could hope seeing all the HM horror stories. Milfhouse was completely on point with the sword, and it was only fair Drizz ended up getting the crux.

Ambitious

"Here it is: The darkest of all the Hive's chambers."

Man, what a coincidence. Long ago, the moon fell to Crota (Sardon's army helped shatter it), and these tunnels go on for miles, but we so just happen to stumble upon the darkest of their chambers. The darkest one. Be careful of Crota's miniature sword though, its power is dark.

Lothars

Yay I finally got fatebringer and Praedyth's Timepiece. I'm so excited to finally get fatebringer.

I'm only missing one vault of glass weapon and three crota weapons.

I really would like to run hard mode crota to get my hands on the fang or word.

The husk farms you

Moar edit: I haven't been actively taking part in CE raids but I haven't stopped. If anyone needs help or desperately need a 6th with either raid feel free to either PM to message me on psn.

lol yes I can relate... and therefore approve of this page topper... :p

Anybody want to do an NFall and/or Weekly or two? Otherwise I might *gasp* play another game...

Man, what a coincidence. Long ago, the moon fell to Crota (Sardon's army helped shatter it), and these tunnels go on for miles, but we so just happen to stumble upon the darkest of their chambers. The darkest one. Be careful of Crota's miniature sword though, its power is dark.

Dinklebot was tracking the darkest chamber by the light of the guardians killed there....

The husk farms you

pfft...50 posts per page peasants!

Jinjo

Do not farm for Husk under any circumstances. It's the worst possible way I could imagine spending time in this game, which is saying something. I'd rather play Skirmish with randos!!!

You'll get Husk eventually, maybe do Eris bounties a little bit. Necrochasm is even worse than you've imagined. It's almost hard to imagine exactly how bad it is until you've pissed away an entire clip and killed nothing.

Haha, don't worry I won't. At most I'll start doing a few of the Eris bounties again (stopped doing those after getting to rank 4 on my main). Still, once I do get it, levelling up is gonna be a chore too ugh. I'd rather spend that time, exp, material & glimmer levelling up my raid primaries.

Anybody want to do an NFall and/or Weekly or two? Otherwise I might *gasp* play another game...

Dinklebot was tracking the darkest chamber by the light of the guardians killed there....

I've been playing some grey goo and like it. Also thinking about getting the order.

The way it's worded the sword should have a DoT effect because it's dark is corrupting our light

I'm at work otherwise I'd totally jump on it.

Well, as long as there's light left a ghost should be able to revive them. At least that's what I gather from countless "There'snothingleftnoteventhelightwhere'shisghostwemaywanttomovebackwe'vewokenthehive". But yeah, I think trying to make sense of those things will lead to a headache.

Jinjo

You're overanalysing/ridiculing a lot of the lore lately lol. I love it haha.

It really is ridiculous when you stop to think about. The darkest of the Hive chambers is just a casual 2 minute stroll through a few tunnels lol.

Top Bottom