• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

What the? You listed me, then filled up without me? :(

Sorry dude, it was almost 20 minutes between when you posted about doing it and when you responded to my group post. You said you had already done those phases so it seemed like it made sense because ethomaz only needed those phases... ?

We're just doing normal DSinger quick right now then I need to hop out anyway. So go ahead and join up now if you need DS, and the spot is still open for you on HM Scrota.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The level design is so good, the scale is insane at times.

txlDy5K.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No problem. I am top tier Knight duty so I'm always up for doing it whenever in a team whether on normal or hard.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Plus with Ruin wings I have heavy to help out with DPS and even if there are wipes I'm good. Have my ruin wings setup in the beginning and switch to saint helm setup before knight duty. That's how it is.

Is all of his information true and based or did he get creative with somethings?

I've watched his Dark Souls videos for a while. At least with those, he takes some creative liberties with the in-game material to "connect the dots" so to speak. Haven't watched all of that Crota vid yet but I imagine it's similar.

I am top tier Knight duty

We all know how precise you are with bubble placement...

Anyone see this?

Crota's End raid, no gun run.
Thought it was pretty cool and hilarious, it also goes to show how poorly designed the whole encounter is.

Abyss
Bridge
Deathsinger and Crota

Hint: Lots of Titans.

I watched that. It's pretty cool then you wonder why is it even possible that they could do that successfully.

The way they downed Crota is hilarious though. That was the part I was sure they weren't gonna be able to do it.

Cool.. Poetaster is sending a request now.

You became a pro last night, right around the time you dodged the boomer fire... and the Gate Keeper! ... so I could grab the last sword:

vV50l8.gif

And finish off Scrota. I like how the sword disappears but the super still activates...

yXYzz8.gif

One of these days I'm going to make a video of all the times Kartik says he needs a bubble.

There is definitely more to Knight duty than just dancing in the bubble. Props to cilonen for this clutch save:

vJaVOV.gif

How is it possible I've done VoG three times and the best thing I've gotten was one shotgun and Chatterwhite?

Always Shards, even after boss battles.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Forrest we can do normal with two other people if you can form a group.

I think it's all about efficiency when it comes to hard mode Crota. You can goof off in normal and do whatever most of the time.

With a titan I have the Ruin Wings setup in the beginning to make as much heavy ammo as I need. You actually don't need more than two for a perfect run. I always equip Midi for fast movement and Hunger or Crota for helping out on DPS. As soon as we're ready to go out I switch to the Saint Helm setup before I run and hide behind the right pillar.
Once the swordkeeper is down and the swordbearer grabs the sword I shoot the knights to get their attention. Right before they go Resident Evil on me I pop the bubble and peek out shooting my primary to dwindle down Crota as the rest of the crew waits to unload on him for the first set of hits. After that I count a few seconds before I jump in the air and shoot a rocket followed by shooting my primary at Crota just in case the team isn't in sync. Rinse and repeat.

When the swordbearer has already grabbed the sword one person can take care of thralls down there to help out to ensure there are no stray hits while the other two lightly takes down Crota's shield with primaries. As soon as the swordbearer is good to go, the one person shooting thralls can switch to rockets and fire and he should go down. With the second set everybody just fires a rocket and shoots their primaries afterwards.

darthbob

Still? That's terrible. I somewhat know how that feels, was missing hunter boots even with two hunters, for 2 months.... :(

Well, it's not like it even matters now. VoG gear is completely pointless and useless.

Only reason I run VoG anymore is for a shot at the Vex and an Exotic from the Gorgon chest. Good game design, Bungle.

LordofPwn

Normal Crota is now a joke. Half-assed it with a relative noob (he was 31 atleast) and had a lvl 30 vet. Ran sword with warlock (so slow) using left strat for 1st time. 28min clear. which is my fastest.

Normal Crota is now a joke. Half-assed it with a relative noob (he was 31 atleast) and had a lvl 30 vet. Ran sword with warlock (so slow) using left strat for 1st time. 28min clear. which is my fastest.

Yep I ran the sword using my titan. Normally I am use to hunter jumps, so the jump, height, time it takes to drop back down and etc threw me off alot. Died every single shield break :p but Crota was dead at the 4th sword and we didnt even wipe. Once everyone is level 32, Crota's End hard mode will be just like normal mode now.

Yeah, I'm missing Hunter chest and the Praetorian Foil. Gotta catch em all.
Mehh I want it but too lazy to form a fresh VoG HM raid.

Top Bottom