• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

coy

Thanks again Tears that run provided the ship (and 8th Word) which leaves only the Crux. I'm not done with HM once I get it, though. Good way to start the morning.

This past week IB was really laggy. Made me flabbergasted so many times.

Yeah, a baseline level of lag is expected in any online game, but some Crucible matches skyrocket into totally unplayable levels. Every enemy is Neo from the Matrix bending time and space to dodge bullets. Even if you get a kill you only learn about it 3 seconds later after that guy has already killed you. We just did some IB that was mostly fine until the last few matches that went off the charts.

GG to everyone, I had to take a break before the rage grew too strong, haha.

Edit: the highlight was definitely making that one dude lose his fucking mind raging out about my P-Infinity (even though Reaper was doing the carrying). The best part was beating him 1v1 after I'd joined his party chat invites he kept spamming me. Furiously t-bagging while talking so much trash, hilarious.

Unknown is a master swordsman.

I'll help if you guys need a 6th.

Thanks again for the Templar CP, much appreciated! How did the newbie VoG run go? Did he enjoy his ass?

Yeah, a baseline level of lag is expected in any online game, but some Crucible matches skyrocket into totally unplayable levels. Every enemy is Neo from the Matrix bending time and space to dodge bullets. Even if you get a kill you only learn about it 3 seconds later after that guy has already killed you. We just did some IB that was mostly fine until the last few matches that went off the charts.

GG to everyone, I had to take a break before the rage grew too strong, haha.

Thanks again for the Templar CP, much appreciated! How did the newbie VoG run go? Did he enjoy his ass?

Yeah it was pretty horrible. When your thunderlord is less effective than your enemies AR, then the game is pretty much lost..

We broke up after you left since no one could be bothered continuing anyway

No problem, anytime.

The newbie raid will continue another time, he had to leave after oracles due to power failure.

We farmed some glimmer at gatekeepers and then destroyed Atheon. Normal VoG is so relaxing :)

Are we all still good? What time were we thinking of doing this if we get the others?
I wanted to do it asap but haven't seen others chime in. I have about an hour.

Unknown are you still interested? Looking for 1 more for HM Crota (swordbearer)

1. Darknyss
2. Darryl_M_R
3. PrivateWHudson
4. ruthlesbarbarian
5. Raindoc

Edit: ok Raindoc is in if we start soon.

Yeah it was pretty horrible. When your thunderlord is less effective than your enemies AR, then the game is pretty much lost..

We broke up after you left since no one could be bothered continuing anyway

Watching you shotty that BDancer then start to run away and randomly vaporize a couple seconds later from his "arc blade" was the lag highlight to me, haha. I'll be up for more later if people are trying to get another team going.

While waiting for Crota HM I'm doing random nfs for eris bounty. Send me invite when we are ready

What's Unknown PSN name and yea I think we could use you if you don't mind

I can hop back on real quick if you still need a sword man. I owe you one for disappearing the other night after real life got in the way, haha. Of course if someone else can take over and actually needs the drops then they should go for it.

No problem, anytime.

The newbie raid will continue another time, he had to leave after oracles due to power failure.

We farmed some glimmer at gatekeepers and then destroyed Atheon. Normal VoG is so relaxing :)

Ahh, that sucks about the power failure, hopefully I can hop in and help out for real next time. So true about normal VoG, I've spent hundreds of hours in VoG and never get tired of it. Just the opposite, I grow to appreciate it more and more.

Scrota's Ass raid is exactly like that except the complete opposite. Every minute just reminds me of what a missed opportunity it is and how clearly gutted the staff working on it was compared to VoG.

Ok, sounds like Drizzay has answered the bat signal. Will send out invites now.

lol :p no problem, I'll sign on now.

nIyT189.gif

I can hop back on real quick if you still need a sword man. I owe you one for disappearing the other night after real life got in the way, haha. Of course if someone else can take over and actually needs the drops then they should go for it.

Haha thanks man I would appreciate your help.

_Legacy_

Has anyone bought Gheleon's Demise yet, is it worth the 11500 glimmer?

I've nearly reached rank 5 but am now wondering whether to just buy the Goldspiral shader instead...

E92 M3

I love the Necrochasm so much. Yes, it's on the weaker side - but it's one of the coolest looking weapons in the game. Not looking forward to it getting nerfed again.

1. Darknyss
2. Darryl_M_R
3. PrivateWHudson
4. ruthlesbarbarian
5. Raindoc

ah sorry was away, can't make it atm. :(

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I love the Necrochasm so much. Yes, it's on the weaker side - but it's one of the coolest looking weapons in the game. Not looking forward to it getting nerfed again.

For an exotic it's awful I think but to each their own. :) it really needs to look cooler. It's basically no different from the Ally or Murmur. Whereas with the Vex, for example it's impossible to mistake it for any other weapon and it's actually useful.

Feorax

Bungie really needs to do something about improving the drop rates in PvP.

Having one blue engram drop for an entire winning team is complete horseshit.

Raybunny

1. Darknyss
2. Darryl_M_R
3. PrivateWHudson
4. ruthlesbarbarian
5. Raindoc

If you got a spot I can join in. I can be swordbearer if you want.

Edit: nvm you got it full.

E92 M3

For an exotic it's awful I think but to each their own. :) it really needs to look cooler. It's basically no different from the Ally or Murmur. Whereas with the Vex, for example it's impossible to mistake it for any other weapon and it's actually useful.

Yeah, I know that I am on the opposite end of the spectrum, but something about the weapon really clicks with me. It does need the power of a raid exotic though.

Yes, it needs to be like strikes. That would really liven up PVP.

Namikaze1

Guys, I'm so happy right now. Like I said yesterday, there are some great gaffers here and Sullichin is definitely one of them.

Since someone brought up Necrochasm, here's the daily Necrochasm dump. Enjoy.

Necrochasm 21/02/15 Daily

Please note that I forgot to closed my fireteam for this so someone had jumped in towards the end.

Manp

looking for a raid team to do hard CE, full raid or just crota, on PS4. i'll bring my lvl 31 hunter with all the good stuff.

:)

no groups need one to fill up?
no mic but i listen and know what to do. cleared HM a bunch of times already :)

It sucks, but PvP was designed to play into primarily PvP oriented players and not PvE players using PvP to supplement their PvE.

If you you play primarily PvP, a steady stream of loot isn't nearly as important. Marks need to be doled out more slowly so you don't cap too fast. PvP experience becomes playable and effective with a much smaller investment requirement so more frequent loot drops does little to enhance the experience.

Watching you shotty that BDancer then start to run away and randomly vaporize a couple seconds later from his "arc blade" was the lag highlight to me, haha. I'll be up for more later if people are trying to get another team going.

That moment just had me like
Wat8.jpg

Didn't even make me all that angry...

Disregarding the false start when not 1, not 2, but 3 Knights bum-rushed us, #teamsecondtry ftw. GG everyone.

GAF greatly appreciates your contributions, but don't forget to take care of yourself.

I feel appreciated, otherwise I wouldn't bother trying to help, haha. Thanks man :) Going to do some "take care of self" stuff now.

Thanks so much everyone and especially Drizzay for the Crota kill. Didn't get the crux but if I level my Titan up to 31 I have one more chance this week. . we will see

Has anyone bought Gheleon's Demise yet, is it worth the 11500 glimmer?

I've nearly reached rank 5 but am now wondering whether to just buy the Goldspiral shader instead...

It's a great PvE primary. Really high impact with the Outlaw + Firefly perk combo that is excellent. No need to re-roll the vendor version at all. If you really need glimmer, just try to get on a normal GK farm team around here sometime this weekend if you can. With a group of 4+ you can farm 11500 in ~15-20 minutes.

sdn still isn't perfect [for me]

What say you, good sir zoba, lord of the baby blues: worth keeping?

B-YWQPNCcAAd0U6.jpg:large

Top Bottom