• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Midas

Finally got something good from nightfall; Apotheosis Veil. Will be useful for the few times I'll run hard mode of Crota's End.

That is a lie! I tried to make a joke of finding him and Ji66a off Drizzay-LFG, but it probably got drowned out because none of you actually listen to me anymore...

Honestly with having a Titan distracting the Boomers we could probably 4 man it (provided everyone has Gjallarhorns). The only tricky part has been getting the Swordbearer down in time (without it falling through the friggin map). That and typical Son of Whoryx BS.

Did you say something? I have NAT issues with you.

Ha! Phaethon told us that he got Crits off destiny lfg! I had no idea he was your dude! I appreciate your help man.

Thanks for helping us out last night DrD!

That is a lie! I tried to make a joke of finding him and Ji66a off Drizzay-LFG, but it probably got drowned out because none of you actually listen to me anymore...

Did you say something? I have NAT issues with you.

I <3 DGAF

In PvP I think the Gjallerhorn has a bit of proximity explosion too... In the same situation my gjallerhorn rocket would explode whilst my Radegast (tracking) rocket would just fly past the guy....

Ridwald

I have sort of a technical question, has anyone tried or know if the perks "Rangefinder" and "Send It" do stack to have an increased range ?

Gordon

lol after farming fist and patrol blades for eons on my main with no husk in sight, I dropped one while doing blades on earth for a bounty on my baby titan alt, and then another promptly dropped from the next blade. Oh RNG, you passive aggressive
cunt

Gotta say though - my level 11 character is pretty impressed with the 138 attack rating. Compared to the 80-90 most of my green trash is at, the husk melts shit. Probably helps that I'm comfortable with high RoF sentinel beam style stuff. And damn that sound it makes - sounds like a fucking hand cannon. Fucking sweet.

This is awesome. Slowly going through it.
BTW, of course Eris crew got destroyed. You won't beat Crota with 6 Warlocks! You need to have a Titan on boomer duty and a Hunter using the sword. Bunch of newbs... ;)

Well we did beat him with 5 warlocks and a hunter in our reset run, and the hunter was too scared to run the sword so he was on DPS duty :p

Yeah, I forget who it was, but they had one. Or, at least , the titan towels from the expansion elude to it.

I think it was all warlocks because they were all said to be the members of the Order of Praxic Fire.

BokehKing

Banned
Did the same. LOL my son would kill me if I came home with one.

"Hey bud, I know you're playing Destiny on the 360, but hey, here's a new Bone!"

GLARE

"What?"

"You mean I have to
grind
level ANOTHER character to 32? I HATE YOU"
Technically you wouldn't, as long as it's the same system family

Well we did beat him with 5 warlocks and a hunter in our reset run, and the hunter was too scared to run the sword so he was on DPS duty :p

I think it was all warlocks because they were all said to be the members of the Order of Praxic Fire.

Yeah. That's what I understood as well.

i now have all weapons from CE. probably just keep playing NM and hope for an exotic drop.

Lik, do you do reset runs? We are going to do 1 Full Run and 2 just Crotas, all normal on next week's reset. Kadey won't make it, so we need one more.

LiK

Lik, do you do reset runs? We are going to do 1 Full Run and 2 just Crotas, all normal on next week's reset. Kadey won't make it, so we need one more.

yea, i'm up for any CE NM runs. they are so easy and quick, I can join any. I can only join after 5PM EST tho.

noomi

i now have all weapons from CE. probably just keep playing NM and hope for an exotic drop.

That's what I'm doing next week, normal crota full x3, then hard mode crota checkpoint 3x for double exotic loot rolls. Also trying to get a normal gorgon chest checkpoint, so i can double up on that as well. Probably doesn't matter, but I feel like it could help with my quest for "the handcannon"

LiK, have you exhausted all your Tuesday reset exotic chances yet?

That's what I'm doing next week, normal crota full x3, then hard mode crota checkpoint 3x for double exotic loot rolls. Also trying to get a normal gorgon chest checkpoint, so i can double up on that as well. Probably doesn't matter, but I feel like it could help with my quest for "the handcannon"

Did you and Nuska did normal VoG up till the Gorgons chest last night? Did someone keep the CP?

I still have to do it this week.

LiK

still have one more CE NM run and also 3x VoG HMs.

noomi

Did you and Nuska did normal VoG up till the Gorgons chest last night? Did someone keep the CP?

I still have to do it this week.

Nope, we ran out of time and called it a night right after crota. I will try and run a VoG NM today after work though and grab the chest checkpoint on one of my alts, will gladly share it with you if needed :)

Actually.... does anyone here have any interest in doing a quick VoG NM for old times sake later today (3:30PM EST)? I really just want that gorgon CP from normal mode... it would probably take like 15min lol.

Holla!

Nope, we ran out of time and called it a night right after crota. I will try and run a VoG NM today after work though and grab the chest checkpoint on one of my alts, will gladly share it with you if needed :)

Actually.... does anyone here have any interest in doing a quick VoG NM for old times sake later today (3:30PM EST)? I really just want that gorgon CP from normal mode... it would probably take like 15min lol.

Holla!

If I'm online I'm in.
3:30 PM EST is 5:30 PM here.
I'm usually home 5:45~6:00 pm.

Finaly got a decent drop from a nightfall, it's been months since my last. Heart of Praxic fire.

Shame I don't have the raid helmet so I can actually use it ;)

Namikaze1

And with the lone strength of the Titan Vell Tarlowe, we felt invincible.

We called her Verok; it was her and her Thrall that finally overwhelmed him.

Those are the two descriptions for the Eris Titan class items.

50 posts per page? Ewww.... Smh
I'm on mobile and the amount of jpegs and gifs people post on GAF would crash the browser.

^Edit: holy fuck that's a terrible page topper. I need to change to 100 ppp just to make it go away. :p

Normal DSinger is the new hard Gorgon CP. Run DS+Scrota 3x super quick after reset for exotic chances.

Nobody knows for sure, but I doubt that you get double exotic chances if you do a CP on normal and then hard. The only way to know for sure is if the same character gets an exotic weapon at the same CP during the same week, which is very low odds even if it is possible. The fact that the CE exotic chest loot drop was moved to DSinger and only drops once on hard or normal makes me doubt the "double exotic chance" possibility for other CPs.

Definitely pay attention and make a note (ideally w/ video) if a character gets the double exotics. Just keep in mind that Crux and Vex are a separate loot roll from the exotic weapon roll so they don't count in that regard.

Eris did in fact had a Titan on her team. His name was Vell Tarlowe.

Yeah, he's the "we've woken the hive" ambassador.

Deku Tree

^Edit: holy fuck that's a terrible page topper. I need to change to 100 ppp just to make it go away. :p

Normal DSinger is the new hard Gorgon CP. Run DS+Scrota 3x super quick after reset for exotic chances.

Nobody knows for sure, but I doubt that you get double exotic chances if you do a CP on normal and then hard. The only way to know for sure is if the same character gets an exotic weapon at the same CP during the same week, which is very low odds even if it is possible. The fact that the CE exotic chest loot drop was moved to DSinger and only drops once on hard or normal makes me doubt the "double exotic chance" possibility for other CPs.

Definitely pay attention and make a note (ideally w/ video) if a character gets the double exotics. Just keep in mind that Crux and Vex are a separate loot roll from the exotic weapon roll so they don't count in that regard.

No video and just memory but I got a Hawkmoon from Hard Crota in the first HM week after I had already done normal (and didn't get an exotic on normal). So at least I know that I had a chance to get an exotic on both normal and hard. Still not sure if you have a chance to get an exotic on hard after getting one on normal.

Jinjo

Yeah I don't even want it.

Just give me the ghorn so I can quit this game till next dlc..

You don't quit when you get the best gun in the game. You make every single enemy pay for all the pain and suffering
more like luck
it took to get this weapon.

Namikaze1

There's no proof he is the one. Some speculate that it is him while others speculate that it isn't. I'm on the latter camp as the events of Eris and team's journey into the Temple of Crota took place years prior to your revival.

Also, I fucking love these cookies. So chewy. And the hot cocoa isn't bad either.

boofa

Neo Member
After playing this game since launch and having 3 characters since early October, I got my first ghorn drop 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I typically have terrible luck with drops and rarely get exotics. Well, now Destiny has decided its time to troll me. In 3 normal runs of deathsinger and Crota last night, I got 2 exotics from the DS (2nd ghorn and NLB) and a 3rd from the final Crota (ANOTHER NLB!). All while still missing several other exotics. At least it would seem my luck is turning around about the time I was thinking of moving on to another game until HoW.

Anyone killing crota this morning? I spent a lot of time yesterday with good groups that just didn't have a sword runner with the precision needed to kill him on hard.

Top Bottom