• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

How approachable would be getting into Destiny at this stage? An old fan of Halo 2/3 primarily but enjoy playing MMO's and just got a PS4 so wondering if it is worth jumping aboard.

The final Urn quest was really fun. Need to do it 1 last time with my Lock, someday.

I need to finish the urn quests with 2 still but I got the 5 motes when I helped with a character that didn't get to the end of the quests yet.

Omni

Didn't get Praxic this week. Feels like a wasted opportunity. Hopefully chest engrams start appearing more often.

Also today I ran into like 4 guys using it with void ;_;
How approachable would be getting into Destiny at this stage? An old fan of Halo 2/3 primarily but enjoy playing MMO's and just got a PS4 so wondering if it is worth jumping aboard.
You'll be locked out of all the cool stuff for a while and the 1-20 level game is really freaking boring. Especially now that most people have already done it and it's harder to get help.

There's so much grinding to do when starting from scratch. I guess if you start now you'll be good to go for the next expansion... but eh. If I were you I'd just wait for Comet or whatever at the end of the year.

Sorry xo and all, about to fall asleep. Was just playing on my Vita to try to get bounties completed before reset but failed. Managed to play 3 games and get 3 medallions.

TheOddOne

Did you buy the light 31 chest in the last IB? I passed on it since I knew we would get the light 32 variant eventually, and if the datamining is correct, it will be in the upcoming IB, which I'm looking forward to because the Titan IB chest looks so damn cool.
My Warlock has the +33 light chest and my Hunter has +29.

Eww, gonna have to re-grind for my Hunter.

Fun run guys Manny,Solio and Tineals and others.Manny ran that first sword bearing on hard like a boss and gratz Solio on your 3rd Ballerhorn!

I guess im out of the loop but what is this when i disturb the remains in the earth old loot cave that says in creepy voice "A million deaths are not enough for Master Rahool",is that an upcoming mission?

TheOddOne

I'm like level 2 in IB

Is it even possible to realistically get to level 5 before it goes away at this point?
Try to fit your loadout to the bounties, buy the buff and try to win matches.

Bounties do +100 rep and how well you do during matches (and win) will net you around +100-300 rep.

Born2Live

Rank 5 Iron Banner is mine and so is that lovely Scout Rifle. Is it worth buying another to re-roll for different perks or are the standard perks as good as it gets. Is it possible to roll full auto?

phen0m24

I guess im out of the loop but what is this when i disturb the remains in the earth old loot cave that says in creepy voice "A million deaths are not enough for Master Rahool",is that an upcoming mission?
That is the site of the old Loot Cave. Acolytes used to spawn there every few seconds, so in the "old days" people would stand there for a while (shooting hundreds of them) and collect the engrams once they ran out of ammo. But none of that mattered to Rahool because in those days, a purple could decrypt into a Blue, a Blue into a green, etc. Cryptarch was broken. ;)

Edit for Urk, who may not have known this:
Urk is the real boss, gains shields back faster than crota and vanishes into thin air when he's low on health.

Lima

That is the site of the old Loot Cave. Acolytes used to spawn there every few seconds, so in the "old days" people would stand there for a while (shooting hundreds of them) and collect the engrams once they ran out of ammo. But none of that mattered to Rahool because in those days, a purple could decrypt into a Blue, a Blue into a green, etc. Cryptarch was broken. ;)

None of that mattered? You cray boy I got my Ice Breaker from that cave. Good times

SgtCobra

I've always wanted a Timur's Lash specifically for PvP. I received one today from a random match with Range Finder, Perfect Balance and Third Eye. I ain't even mad.

Lima

I've always wanted a Timur's Lash specifically for PvP. I received one today from a random match with Range Finder, Perfect Balance and Third Eye. I ain't even mad.

Why? It's 98 per headshot so 2 headshots leave the enemy with a sliver of health.

The gun is pointless and I laugh at everyone that spends 100 motes re rolling it.

Oh that totally makes sense.I knew it was the loot cave but didnt think bungie could add a reference,figured all they knew how to patch in was invisible anti cheese walls.

_Legacy_

Rank 5 Iron Banner is mine and so is that lovely Scout Rifle. Is it worth buying another to re-roll for different perks or are the standard perks as good as it gets. Is it possible to roll full auto?

I hear the standard perks are good enough for Gheleon's Demise, up to you if you want to buy another and take a ride on the re-roll train.

SgtCobra

Why? It's 98 per headshot so 2 headshots leave the enemy with a sliver of health.

The gun is pointless and I laugh at everyone that spends 100 motes re rolling it.
Nah it's not pointless. The Last Word, that's pointless, it's fun to use it on one on one at close encouters but that's pretty much it imo.
Timur's Lash is actually a very satisfying weapon to use, I like my slow high damage hand cannons and I'm pretty used to kill enemies with three shots anyway. I'm also pretty sure I've killed plenty of Warlocks/Hunters with 2 shots too, but I'll check that out later today just to be sure.

SgtCobra

Should've put "for me" after that sentence haha, it just doesn't fit my playstyle.

Try firing it at long range (you already have) and you'll see what I mean.
It mostly loses against the Thorn and Hawkmoon when you're confronting multiple enemies.
The hipfire perk is pretty boring as it's a really occasional thing, I mean, I would never hip fire at mid range.

Rank three IB, good enough for now. I'll get rank four later today (if I feel like it), and rank five on Monday. I just want the leggings for the most part. Gheleon's Demise is nice, but I already have Another NITC with Firefly and Who's Next. So if I don't make it to rank five it's whatever.

Top Bottom