• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

LiK

I'm just glad I finally got Hunger. Gonna be my main Rocket Launcher for PVP so I can use Exotic Primaries.

Atkison04

That is a lie! I tried to make a joke of finding him and Ji66a off Drizzay-LFG, but it probably got drowned out because none of you actually listen to me anymore...

Honestly with having a Titan distracting the Boomers we could probably 4 man it (provided everyone has Gjallarhorns). The only tricky part has been getting the Swordbearer down in time (without it falling through the friggin map). That and typical Son of Whoryx BS.

Bruh! You are probably right man, all I heard was LFG so I assumed you meant the site lol. And you are right again, between Jdirty24 and Branaghs I can't really hear anything going on at all :)

Steroyd

I dun goof, didn't do bounties at reset to level my stuff and now my will to play this game right now is dead, thanks Persona.

Normal DSinger is the new hard Gorgon CP. Run DS+Scrota 3x super quick after reset for exotic chances.

On that note, you're going to have to find an extra alt to replace me next week, RL stuff popped up and I only have 40 minutes from reset time, hoping we can speed run Crota normal x3 then I bail.

I dun goof, didn't do bounties at reset to level my stuff and now my will to play this game right now is dead, thanks Persona.

On that note, you're going to have to find an extra alt to replace me next week, RL stuff popped up and I only have 40 minutes from reset time, hoping we can speed run Crota normal x3 then I bail.
Soo good!

yea, made by Terramantis. I've been watching his videos for a while. he does mainly Dark Souls stuff. pretty cool Bungie tweeted out his video.

First video of his I saw was the Manus one, very well done. Really made me pay more attention to that prison cell with the bonfire and the broken wall leading into Manus' lair. I like his Scrota vid but it's a little "over written" in places and relies too much on the grimoires (he said ~one third of the total script is verbatim grimoire cards). I also wish he'd use more footage from his teams actually playing the raid/missions instead of looping the same promotional footage I've already seen 100x.

Vaati's best videos use captured in-game footage that's staged to sync directly with the voice over. For example, he had his character wear Siegmeyer's Onion Knight armor and weapon set to aggro the Siegmeyer daughter NPC in Ash Lake. He intentionally lost to her to reenact the fight between hollowed father and heart broken daughter, which is described but never actually shown in-game.

vMlMMP.gif

I like a lot of things about Destiny lore and the clear influence of Souls series on their story-telling delivery... but TerraMantis has less to work with here compared to Souls. Hard for the videos to have the same quality when pulling from weaker source material.

My 6 year old is trying to solo the bridge on normal...wish him luck! Wizards are out.

Good luck Hudson Jr. !!! Just get Colonel Jr. to join if it gets too hectic... :)

GutZ31

This is awesome. Slowly going through it.
BTW, of course Eris crew got destroyed. You won't beat Crota with 6 Warlocks! You need to have a Titan on boomer duty and a Hunter using the sword. Bunch of newbs... ;)

Sai Mota is a Hunter, and I know that one of the others is a Titan in the team.

Code:
Eriana-3: This is Eriana-3 of the Praxic Warlocks. Marked by the Cormorant Seal.
I am alongside the Hunter Sai Mota. Our Light is nearly gone. The ash of untold Hive covers the ground in our wake.

Talking to Vell or Eriana-3 I believe.
Code:
Toland: I have no doubt the Fist will welcome your challenge, Titan. When we face him, you will lead the charge. 
Come, Crota's Temple lies ahead. If we can breach it, I'm sure another fight awaits.

Also, It looks like Eris might be a Hunter too, even though all of them are part of the Praxic Fire Warlock Faction.
Code:
Eris: Why do you hold these secrets like weapons, to damn us all?

Toland: Because they are weapons. And we are going to use them to show the Hive they are not the only ones who breed fear.

Eris: How?

Toland: You’re hunters—hunt. Find the Eyes that are upon us.

Omar: Then?

Toland: We blind Crota and use what's left of your dying Light to lead us to where these monsters seek to conjure their master.

These are all taken from the Hive grimoire for Crotas minions.

E92 M3

I've done everything in the game without this weapon, it's the only thing I play for. Just need it for my collection. I still have 6 chances at it before next reset..

The chase is fun (read: frustrating), but playing with the weapons is even better. I can't wait to get everything I want - damn you Fatebringer - and just play without a care in the world.

DGAF has good gaming taste. Although sadly I'm apparently the sole Persona dissenter. I respect P4G and understand why people love it but don't personally enjoy it. I much prefer other combat systems like Etrian Odyssey series, and I can't get into the story. The bland protagonist who is automatically Mr. "women want him, men want to be him" as soon as he shows up in town.

No video and just memory but I got a Hawkmoon from Hard Crota in the first HM week after I had already done normal (and didn't get an exotic on normal). So at least I know that I had a chance to get an exotic on both normal and hard. Still not sure if you have a chance to get an exotic on hard after getting one on normal.

Hmm yeah I get what you are saying. I guess it would still make sense that getting an exotic would use up your chance for that CP on that week, but can't say for sure until someone confirms getting two weapons.

There's no proof he is the one. Some speculate that it is him while others speculate that it isn't. I'm on the latter camp as the events of Eris and team's journey into the Temple of Crota took place years prior to your revival..

I getcha, could go either way I guess. The line about his light being gone made me feel it was related to the Scrota team but some of the Wizards or the Hive in general could have drained the light like they talk about in other grimoires.

No worries. If we can't kill normal Scrota 3x in 40 minutes I will delete my game.

We can also skip reset raids if people really aren't feeling it.

Jinjo

DGAF has good gaming taste. Although sadly I'm apparently the sole Persona dissenter. I respect P4G and understand why people love it but don't personally enjoy it. I much prefer other combat systems like Etrian Odyssey series, and I can't get into the story. The bland protagonist who is automatically Mr. "women want him, men want to be him" as soon as he shows up in town.

I really strongly dislike Persona 4. Couldn't get myself to finish it even. There. I said it.

Steroyd

No worries. If we can't kill normal Scrota 3x in 40 minutes I will delete my game.

We can also skip reset raids if people really aren't feeling it.

Oh I know we can do 3 in about 10-15 minutes, I'm just counting time down like Checkpointsaurus dishing out checkpoints and Yzen being Yzen lol, 2 trips to the Tower per run etc... I hope I'm exaggerating how long all that stuff takes.

so much wrong in this thread smh. we are better than this DGAF!

Hmm yeah I get what you are saying. I guess it would still make sense that getting an exotic would use up your chance for that CP on that week, but can't say for sure until someone confirms getting two weapons.

actually I did NM Crota last week and got NLB/Universal Remote/Mida (one of those three, can't remember which) on each completion I did get an exotic from Crota.

Did HM later on the same character and got Dragon's Breath. Not sure if Atheon is as generous.

I've been using field scout but I may switch to high caliber now.

It's great. Keep those pesky Swordbearers and bullet sponge Knights in a stun lock.

noomi

Hope xur sells heavy ammo synth tomorrow, c'mon now, what's it been like a month? I have 330 coins ready for some action.

Mida multi tool would also be nice, I think he's only sold that once.

E92 M3

Hope xur sells heavy ammo synth tomorrow, c'mon now, what's it been like a month? I have 330 coins ready for some action.

Heavy ammo would lead to so much rejoice! Even though Xur isn't really exciting these days, I still look forward to Fridays.

Two Midas dropped at once off the Deathsinger yesterday. What are the odds of that?

I got Hard Light off her and another Universal Remote from Scrota.

Just Crux and 4th Horseman and I have em all.

Like I said yesterday If he brings synth, i'm gonna stock up all the way till COMET.

dB Viper

2 normal CE runs, no weapon drops at Crota. Unreal... can't get ANYTHING here except the Machine Gun.

Nightfall 1: Light Beyond Nemesis Helm (kept this)
Nightfall 2: 10 ass energy (GTFOOH).

Xur better bring heavy synth or I might just kill a man.

Sai Mota is a Hunter, and I know that one of the others is a Titan in the team.

Code:
Eriana-3: This is Eriana-3 of the Praxic Warlocks. Marked by the Cormorant Seal.
I am alongside the Hunter Sai Mota. Our Light is nearly gone. The ash of untold Hive covers the ground in our wake.

Talking to Vell or Eriana-3 I believe.
Code:
Toland: I have no doubt the Fist will welcome your challenge, Titan. When we face him, you will lead the charge. 
Come, Crota's Temple lies ahead. If we can breach it, I'm sure another fight awaits.

Also, It looks like Eris might be a Hunter too, even though all of them are part of the Praxic Fire Warlock Faction.
Code:
Eris: Why do you hold these secrets like weapons, to damn us all?

Toland: Because they are weapons. And we are going to use them to show the Hive they are not the only ones who breed fear.

Eris: How?

Toland: You’re hunters—hunt. Find the Eyes that are upon us.

Omar: Then?

Toland: We blind Crota and use what's left of your dying Light to lead us to where these monsters seek to conjure their master.

These are all taken from the Hive grimoire for Crotas minions.

Eris is definitely a Hunter. She's even wearing the potato sack.

Good afternoon! I've been awake for a while now.

spyder_ur

Trust me, if he was home from school today he would be all over it. :)

Move to Boston and he would have had like 2 days of school these past two weeks. Think of the grinding he could do for you in all that time.

Don't think I booted up Destiny yesterday. First time in a while I have had time to play for a night and opted for something else entirely.

LiK

Move to Boston and he would have had like 2 days of school these past two weeks. Think of the grinding he could do for you in all that time.

Don't think I booted up Destiny yesterday. First time in a while I have had time to play for a night and opted for something else entirely.

more snow next week, Winter sucks

Atkison04

Heavy ammo would lead to so much rejoice! Even though Xur isn't really exciting these days, I still look forward to Fridays.

Agreed man. It's exciting to wake up on Friday mornings and go see what he has. I'd honestly be excited just for heavy ammo packs or even more so for helm of Saint 14. Of course gjallorhorn going on sale would probably rejuvenate some of the player base that seems to be losing steam. I would buy another one just for the sake of that f'er being sold again!

Shito

2 normal CE runs, no weapon drops at Crota. Unreal... can't get ANYTHING here except the Machine Gun.

Nightfall 1: Light Beyond Nemesis Helm (kept this)
Nightfall 2: 10 ass energy (GTFOOH).
I only have CE's machine gun as well, and my first nightfall yesterday gave me my second Light Beyond Nemesis (with better stats, though).
I'm now afraid to run my second nightfall and see myself getting stupid energies... ^^

GutZ31

Xur better bring heavy synth or I might just kill a man.

Eris is definitely a Hunter. She's even wearing the potato sack.

Good afternoon! I've been awake for a while now.

The Eyes Of Crota grimoire card would lead me to believe so, and so would her over all appearance.

But then we have this dumb comment to throw us for a tizzy:
https://gotgame.com/2014/12/19/destiny-interview-bungie-community-manager-eric-osborne/
Code:
Eric (Osborne) – Yeah, she’s a Warlock, so she’s a Guardian. She’s a protector of the City.

^shameful page toppers this morning. Sad day in DGAF history. I expect a 1 gif-100 word count minimum going forward. OR ELSE.

so much wrong in this thread smh. we are better than this DGAF!

hmm I guess Persona fans can be a wee bit touchy... what I meant to say is P4G is pure joy manifested in video game form. Best game ever. It definitely doesn't
not
suck.

Good to hear about the double exotics. I wonder if there's any relationship with vanilla and TDB exotics, and if we can get confirmations for any other CPs. I'll just do normal Scrota next week but probably end up clearing HM with other groups on at least my hunter and titan, so maybe I'll get lucky. I'll save videos of any Scrota kills that drop exotics.

Shito

If Glowhoo actually affected the white-ish potato hat I would rock it. It saddens me that it does not.
On this subject, I'm still amazed at how Bungie can have and leave weird bugs for sooo long in their game.
I verified with my girlfriend that shaders are working on exotics for women but NOT for men. My Insurmontable Skullfort is showing white (and classy) on my female Titan with Chatterwhite shader, but hers is defaulting to (ugly) grey and black on her male Titan, with the same shader.
That's...

rNilla

On this subject, I'm still amazed at how Bungie can have and leave weird bugs for sooo long in their game.
I verified with my girlfriend that shaders are working on exotics for women but NOT for men. My Insurmontable Skullfort is showing white (and classy) on my female Titan with Chatterwhite shader, but hers is defaulting to (ugly) grey and black on her male Titan, with the same shader.
That's...

Nearly everything about the way shaders work is nonsensical.

Top Bottom