• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

just did weekly with one friend, which was also my first omnigul run (i'm level 27). that is... not a fun strike! glad for the marks and coins, zero loot otherwise.

i love the game but man.

Namikaze1

I may be going back to having just 5 Gjallarhorn rockets instead of 7 but man does it feel good to not lose rockets upon death or even heading to orbit.

_Legacy_

Need to get to rank 5 before reset. Just a fourth of the way to it. First, I need to hit the glimmer cap to buy both the SR and the shotgun. Already bought the boots.

No problem

Good luck! I lost so many games with randoms during my climb from 4 to 5, I wondered if it was ever going to happen. Keep your head up and keep going! I'll probably buy the shotgun today just because of the grind.

I'm still shocked by the amount of people who run past or just ignore the heavy ammo drop, I mostly wait for a few seconds to at least get one more person but sometimes I don't even bother if the radar isn't showing any friendlies.

noomi

So do you guys think the new patch will hit tomorrow? They said they would try for the end of Feb, but I just can't see it coming tomorrow...

Deku Tree

Starting up daily 30 3x.
Looking for company because lightswitch.
Just join if you want to do it.
PS4 DekuBleep
Fireteam set to public.

Namikaze1

We know tomorrow's Nightfall will be Valus with no burns from the recent data mine if Bungie doesn't change it.

May I interest you in that patch probably coming this week?
Oh I can't wait for the patch but it just feels so good after months of being affected by that glitch. And I really like the look of the IB Titan boots over the CE boots.

HigXx

Oh I can't wait for the patch but it just feels so good after months of being affected by that glitch. And I really like the look of the IB Titan boots over the CE boots.

Those knee pads on the CE Titan Boots look absolutely disgusting. Im quite sad I have to wear them

So how is full auto on Felwinter's Lie? Just got it today but I haven't started rerolling yet. Does it improve the rate of fire? If not I'll probdbly just roll for range related perks.

From what I understand the full auto does improve RoF in general but I would still go for range perks with that shotty. If you could get full auto with shot package it might be worth it, but I'd say hammer forged + full auto are the "must have" perks.

The first perk could be final round, luck in the chamber, kneepads (if that's your playstyle) or grenadier. I'd prefer FR just because it does 33% bonus damage same as LitC except the shot it procs on is predictable. For sights, either Accurized Ballistics or Field Choke also increase range.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
From what I understand the full auto does improve RoF in general but I would still go for range perks with that shotty. If you could get full auto with shot package it might be worth it, but I'd say hammer forged + full auto are the "must have" perks.

The first perk could be final round, luck in the chamber, kneepads (if that's your playstyle) or grenadier. I'd prefer FR just because it does 33% bonus damage same as LitC except the shot it procs on is predictable. For sights, either Accurized Ballistics or Field Choke also increase range.

Guess I'll start rerolling the shotty.

nOoblet16

What are some of the good perks to have on Timur's Lash. I always seem to end up with the bad ones. After 5 rolls I now have third eye and range finder.....meh !! And now I only have two notes left and I need one for the IB buff.

Omni

Last page is hell for me using Chrome. Is posting large .gifs allowed here? Someone posted a 50MB one yesterday which was crazy

Daemul

Those knee pads on the CE Titan Boots look absolutely disgusting. Im quite sad I have to wear them

Yeah, fuck the Titan raid boots, I'm just going to stick to the IB ones since they look so much better. If I ever want the extra heavy ammo I'll just stick on the Armamentarium.

Talking about the patch, the heavy ammo disappearing bug isn't the only one that's getting fixed right? This bug affects special ammo too.

dear blinking bladedancers

giphy.gif

yXprGKj.gif

I was once like you and then I leveled a Baladancer to 31. I now go around exploiting my powers throughout the Crucible like a blind three year old with machete. It feels good when my super is up on Exodus Blue and I can go make friends while the other team is capping A in a match of Control. Don't worry though, I'll hang out there until the spawns flip so ya'll can take over C and then B really quickly ;)

SPACE MAGIC be damned!

noomi

So is it too late to buy this game and jump online with GAF or has that ship sailed, time to move on?

Cheers

I don't think it's too late, but it is a strange time.

Many people have either left or taken a break from the game until new content is delivered, so the populous isn't as strong as a few months back... I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem finding people to play with however...

So is it too late to buy this game and jump online with GAF or has that ship sailed, time to move on?

Cheers

Never too late, lots of people still playing and the regulars like myself and others are always happy to help newbies. Like others have mentioned, this is currently the slowest activity phase since the game has been launched but still plenty of action and groups forming, and if you start now you'll have some time to level up before the next expansion drops in 2nd quarter.

ethomaz

Banned
Would anyone be up for getting the clan trophies and Flawless Raider? Presumably around 2000GMT. Theyre like the only ones I need :(
I want to get this trophy ;)

We can make a schedule and find other guys.

Crota's normal seems the fastest way I guess but we need a safe and good sword guy.

What are some of the good perks to have on Timur's Lash. I always seem to end up with the bad ones. After 5 rolls I now have third eye and range finder.....meh !! And now I only have two notes left and I need one for the IB buff.

Outlaw, field scout, crowd control is ideal. Field scout is most important.

E92 M3

I hate how people have to justify "why we play Destiny" like it's some kind of drug. For me, it has nothing to do with RNG and random loot - in fact that just makes me frustrated. I love the shooting mechanics; it's simple as that.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member

Cheers

I just recently in the last month got back into this game. Never too late.

Side note, made it to IB rank 5 yesterday morning and bought both weapons. Should I leave them alone or should I reroll? I heard thru the grapevine the SR is good as is.

After leveling up Suros, IB was a breeze. Go figure.

Top Bottom