• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Deku Tree

I feel like people stopped talked about glimmer cap increases and so have Bungie. What do you guys think are the other features of the patch that Deej hinted at? I am expecting bug fixes, nothing too exciting.

Yeah increasing the glimmer cap and increasing Vault space are too big things that Deej talked about publicly before Xmas and then after that we heard almost nothing...

... well Deej posted a few weeks ago that "increasing Vault space requires a lot of planning" or something like that so that is a long term change not a short term fix...

... I haven't heard anything about increasing the glimmer cap... ...although I have over 80k of glimmer consumables in my vault... and I'm getting close to the glimmer cap so I need to buy things...

Dyno

I had a great IB this time around! I didn't spend much time getting to Rank 4. I bought the gloves and boots. As a Rank 3 I got lucky drops, scoring the IB rocket launcher and the hand cannon. The launcher tracks and the pistol has exploding bullets.

I really like that IB is giving players a chance to hit 32. PvP should be just as big a pillar in the game as PVE. I got raid gauntlets in Crota but I bought IB gauntlets as a back-up because Ascendant Mats are easier to get than Radiant Mats.

Lothars

Chances that the patch is tomorrow?
Hopefully really good because they kept saying before the end of the month. I didn't expect to get to rank 5 in IB this week but I am 4.5 and will be rank 5 tonight than I have to farm glimmar.

I am looking forward to playing with the scout rifle. I really like the look of it plus I now can get to level 32 with all my characters just need more shards.

Hopefully really good because they kept saying before the end of the month. I didn't expect to get to rank 5 in IB this week but I am 4.5 and will be rank 5 tonight than I have to farm glimmar.

I am looking forward to playing with the scout rifle. I really like the look of it plus I now can get to level 32 with all my characters just need more shards.

I'm expecting it Thursday for some reason.

E92 M3

Yeah increasing the glimmer cap and increasing Vault space are too big things that Deej talked about publicly before Xmas and then after that we heard almost nothing...

... well Deej posted a few weeks ago that "increasing Vault space requires a lot of planning" or something like that so that is a long term change not a short term fix...

... I haven't heard anything about increasing the glimmer cap... ...although I have over 80k of glimmer consumables in my vault... and I'm getting close to the glimmer cap so I need to buy things...

Vault space I expect with HOW if we're lucky, buy I figure the glimmer cap be raised much sooner.

Yea they have bad balancing issues. Blue shotties should not be OHKing me when I had full health (in IB), or maybe they still would idk. Just doesn't seem right.

Shito

I like it... one question... I can reroll it to some elemental damage? It have no elemental damage right now :(
No you can't.
Only raid primaries can deal elemental damage at the moment.
I would love for it to change, but I don't see it happening ever...

ethomaz

Banned
No you can't.
Only raid primaries can deal elemental damage at the moment.
I would love for it to change, but I don't see it happening ever...
Garbage... I need a Scout Rifle with void damage to fullfill my Warlock with all possibilities (she is my Scout Rifle girl).

forrest

formerly nacire
If anyone was attempting to join me, I'm about to zone back in. I had a lvl 25 in the group who I don't think was glimmer farming.

Yea they have bad balancing issues. Blue shotties should not be OHKing me when I had full health, or maybe they still would idk. Just doesn't seem right.

This is one reason why I never saw the point of running an exotic shotgun, they're going to OHK at close range regardless. That being said, I do love using Invective. However, it's more for the fact that it's full auto with regen ammo. Hopefully I can get full auto on my Felwinter's Lie, however I'm kind of low on Motes, so I don't see it happening. :(

LTWood12

Finally deleted my third Titan to try another class. I've gotten my Hunter to level 9 in less than a couple hours of play. When she hits 20, I've got a mask of the third man and some level 31 boots for her. That gets her to 26 once leveled.

From there what do you guys think is the quickest way to get up to 29/30 for CE normal? Grinding Marks/Rep from Roc Strikes & Bounties, or should I immediately fire up VoG and hope for some level 30 gauntlets or chest. Interested in other's approaches here.

Daemul

The shoulder charge is the worst, lol.

It's OP, but I love it. I've gotten a couple of 10 kill streaks in PvP just by exclusively using shoulder charge, and the opposition team always ended up just ganging up on me in order to put my run to an end lol

It's so easy to use and once you get the timing down, you can always have it available whenever you run into an enemy player.

I just need flawless raider to become guardian lord.

Anyone want to help me out? I was thinking tonight. Will certainly need some shepherds through the process as I enjoy dying (but I promise to do this sober so I should be fine).

Deku Tree

My Destiny Exotics Progress Report Feb. 23 Edition

Exotics armor I am missing that I actually want

Helm St 14
Ruin Wings

Exotics armor that I don't have (I don't care)

Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
The Armamentarium

Knucklehead Radar

Exotic Weapons that I don't have (I don't care)

Thunderlord
Necrochasm

Everything else I have... I wouldn't mind getting 2 more Gjallarhorn but whatever...

I would like to get two more Hunger of Crota, two more Fang, one more Abyss Defiant, and two more Oversoul Edict so that I can have every Raid weapon on every Toon but whatever...

Gotten Feb 21 2015 From Xur

Gotten Feb 13 2015 From Xur

Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)

Finally deleted my third Titan to try another class. I've gotten my Hunter to level 9 in less than a couple hours of play. When she hits 20, I've got a mask of the third man and some level 31 boots for her. That gets her to 26 once leveled.

From there what do you guys think is the quickest way to get up to 29/30 for CE normal? Grinding Marks/Rep from Roc Strikes & Bounties, or should I immediately fire up VoG and hope for some level 30 gauntlets or chest. Interested in other's approaches here.

Get to lvl 27 and run normal Crota first. Normal VoG armor starts at 18 light, while CE armor starts at 30 light.

E92 M3

It's OP, but I love it. I've gotten a couple of 10 kill streaks in PvP just by exclusively using shoulder charge, and the opposition team always ended up just ganging up on me in order to put my run to an end lol

It's so easy to use and once you get the timing down, you can always have it available whenever you run into an enemy player.

Glad you admitted it. People love to dance around it lol.

Helm St 14
Ruin Wings

The Armamentarium

Knucklehead Radar

Thunderlord
Necrochasm

Everything else I have... I wouldn't mind getting 2 more Gjallarhorn but whatever...

I would like to get two more Hunger of Crota, two more Fang, one more Abyss Defiant, and two more Oversoul Edict so that I can have every Raid weapon on every Toon but whatever...

Don't care about the Thunderlord?! Borderline heresy friend.

Helm St 14
Ruin Wings

The Armamentarium

Knucklehead Radar

Thunderlord
Necrochasm

You only don't care about Thunderlord because you've never used it.

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah

Oh also, I leveled up Don't Touch Me gauntlets on my hunter.

That combined with blink strike invisibility, BD invisibility, and crouch to go invisible... well... I'm basically invisible all the time.

It's a shitload of fun actually. Makes sneaking past enemies and/or sneaking up to them to melee from behind pretty easy.

Daemul

I hope the patch comes tomorrow, I actually want time to try out the weapons before I disappear off the face of the earth for a couple of days to watch House of Cards S3.

Deku Tree

Glad you admitted it. People love to dance around it lol.

Don't care about the Thunderlord?! Borderline heresy friend.

That's actual heresy. Thunderlord is best lord.

I have three Song of Ir Yut; one on each toon. It is a legendary Arc Machine gun that shoots through hive knight shields.

Yes I know it is not as good as Thunderlord. But the Song is a legendary, and I don't think I would want a HMG for my exotic slot.

I would like to get TL, but I don't care about grinding for a small chance to get it from RNG.

And I am not going to make emo posts about not having TL...

I have Thunderlord... are you using field scout or stability perk?

I don't really see what's so good about it. I have a Deviant Gravity with rodeo and stability perks (60 round mag) that basically doesn't move when you shoot it. I feel like that's the main goal with a machine gun.

What do I know though, I'm just a casual.

I'd totally forgotten that. I guess I'll have to depend on the charity of my fellow gaffers. :)

Eris Urn quest till give you 31 gloves. You can buy 31 chest from vanguard once you have rep 2 and 75 marks.

Bounties are the fastest way to grind vanguard rep. Eris quests also give you around 30 marks if I'm not mistaken. Do nightfall and weekly, then some ROC and you should have 75 marks in no time.

I have three Song of Ir Yut; one on each toon. It is a legendary Arc Machine gun that shoots through hive knight shields.

Yes I know it is not as good as Thunderlord. But the Song is a legendary, and I don't think I would want a HMG for my exotic slot.

I would like to get TL, but I don't care about grinding for a small chance to get it from RNG.

Song of Ir Yut is a terrible machine gun. If you actually like it, Thunderlord will blow your fucking mind.

It's okay.

I have Thunderlord... are you using field scout or stability perk?

I don't really see what's so good about it. I have a Deviant Gravity with rodeo and stability perks (60 round mag) that basically doesn't move when you shoot it. I feel like that's the main goal with a machine gun.

What do I know though, I'm just a casual.

Field Scout generally. Doesn't matter if it moves, only takes 3 bullets max to kill someone.

E92 M3

I hope the patch comes tomorrow, I actually want time to try out the weapons before I disappear off the face of the earth for a couple of days to watch House of Cards S3.

So hyped for House of Cards!

You have never used a Thunderlord during Arc Burn. It's most the most satisfying thing ever!

dB Viper

I hope you can get a Thunderlord before an Arc Burn comes through. Using that on Phogoth rips him like butta.

I've found 3x Thunderlord out in the wild.... one for each character

phen0m24

Fig this may be blasphemous but I prefer my Against All Odds in void to my Thunderlord now.

Three shots kill anyone in pvp (and lets me use Hawkmoon). In PvE it's a glorified machine gun sniper rifle. Love that thing. Plus it sounds just like Thunderlord

Shito

Fig this may be blasphemous but I prefer my Against All Odds in void to my Thunderlord now.

Three shots kill anyone in pvp. In PvE it's a glorified machine gun sniper rifle. Love that thing. Plus it sounds just like Thunderlord
I don't have Thunderlord yet, but I do love my Against all Odds. It is a beastly machine gun.
And I can't play a strike with many knights without switching to Song of Ir Yut anymore. Sure it's not as good for regular enemies, but it just melts those knights clean. So satisfying.

Three shots kill anyone in pvp (and lets me use Hawkmoon). In PvE it's a glorified machine gun sniper rifle. Love that thing. Plus it sounds just like Thunderlord

I only use Gjallarhorn in PvE.

And Fatebringer.

Jinjo

So hyped for House of Cards!

You have never used a Thunderlord during Arc Burn. It's most the most satisfying thing ever!

I just discovered House of Cards this weekend. Bingewatched season one over the weekend lol. So good.

Since the Great Destiny Depression hit I've been able to catch up on so many tv shows lol.

Top Bottom