• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Titan smash those Bladedancers. Best feeling ever.

Yup, just Fist of Havoc everything.

Arc Blade? Fist of Panic
Ward of Dawn? Fist of Panic
Nova Bomb? Fist of Panic
Gold Gun? Fist of Panic
Fist of Panic?
Fist of Panic

After playing Defender for so long, it's nice to play Striker and just say fuck everyone.

lol I have no idea what sweatiest means in this context, but doesn't sound like a good thing :p

Don't worry sometimes I empty the clip blindly into cover hoping that one of the armor piercing rounds will hit:

RemorsefulVictoriousBlackbird.gif

Sadly it's extremely normal for VoG loot drops which were notoriously abysmal. The drop tables were much improved in CE although far from perfect.

Isn't it just lightswitch? Or was that not the daily w/ that modifier?

there are people running around with a green gozen-c sniper with the final round perk. they'll shoot the first two bullets and keep the last shot so it's a OHK anywhere to the body.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah, but that strike takes so long. There are like 16 bosses before you finally get to the end.

skipping the start, then go on cliffside with icebreakers for the captains and the tank, then skipping through to valus. Somehow survive Valus.

I think that is the only strategy I would want to try without going bonkers

E92 M3

Yup, just Fist of Havoc everything.

Arc Blade? Fist of Panic
Ward of Dawn? Fist of Panic
Nova Bomb? Fist of Panic
Gold Gun? Fist of Panic
Fist of Panic?
Fist of Panic

After playing Defender for so long, it's nice to play Striker and just say fuck everyone.

I get so frustrated with Fist of Panic - easiest kills in Destiny. In fact, I think Warlocks (super melee that can reach half the football field) and Titans with their shoulder charge that can 1-hit you are really frustrating and better for PVP than hunters, at least in IB. Hunter's only have speed and that's it. Doesn't even make sense that a throwing knife is not 1-hit kill when it's much harder to use than a shoulder charge.

I know my opinion will be unpopular, but just what I noticed from the IB this weekend. Hunters were always easy to kill and with no shenanigans. Titans and warlocks are a different story though.

I hate how people have to justify "why we play Destiny" like it's some kind of drug. For me, it has nothing to do with RNG and random loot - in fact that just makes me frustrated. I love the shooting mechanics; it's simple as that.

Yeah I agree 100%. The basic gameplay/game feel, VoG and the community have carried my interest completely. Loot is just a random side thing that's fun to laugh about with friends.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
I know my opinion will be unpopular, but just what I noticed from the IB this weekend. Hunters were always easy to kill and with no shenanigans. Titans and warlocks are a different story though.

I disagree. Try playing a party of hunters which I ran into multiple times this weekend. Add lag and how fast hunters are. Forget about it.

ethomaz

Banned
Titan smash those Bladedancers. Best feeling ever.
My PVP Bladedancer beat a lot of asses in IB last week... it was fun to see the fear.

One of the best time was when I got the 5 guys together to cut all them in pieces... I felt like a God killer in the ring.

Daemul

I get so frustrated with Fist of Panic - easiest kills in Destiny. In fact, I think Warlocks (super melee that can reach half the football field) and Titans with their shoulder charge that can 1-hit you are really frustrating and better for PVP than hunters, at least in IB. Hunter's only have speed and that's it. Doesn't even make sense that a throwing knife is not 1-hit kill when it's much harder to use than a shoulder charge.

I'm a Titan and I agree, I can deal with Hunters with ease, but Titans and Warlocks can be a real pain in the ass to deal with, they have too many OP gimmicks at their disposal, not even including their supers. Like seriously, what the fuck is up with that Warlock melee range? That shit can get you from half way across the map. Thankfully most people seem to play as Hunters in PvP, so it's not really as big a problem as it easily could be.

E92 M3

Yeah I agree 100%. The basic gameplay/game feel, VoG and the community have carried my interest completely. Loot is just a random side thing that's fun to laugh about with friends.

Pretty much. Destiny is all about the community and the gameplay. People that just want to troll don't understand that.

I disagree. Try playing a party of hunters which I ran into multiple times this weekend. Add lag and how fast hunters are. Forget about it.

I haven't ran into a lot of hunters actually, but the ones I did face were easy kills. Most of my deaths came from a Titan or Warlock. Why is that they have super armor when activating, but golden gun has nothing? Small stuff like that is just frustrating.

I'm a Titan and I agree, I can deal with Hunters with ease, but Titans and Warlocks can be a real pain in the ass to deal with, they have too many OP gimmicks at their disposal, not even including their supers. Thankfully most people seem to play as Hunters in PvP, so it's not really a major problem as it easily could be.

At least you understand my perspective.

Manp

i played IB as a hunter and a titan and i get killed left and right by everyone and their dog...

fist of havoc? there were 4 fucking people around and i killed ONE?!
golden gun? the radar was all fucking RED! where the fuck is everyone now?! oh cool one guy ther... *super runs out*
arc blade? ahah payback time bitches! i'm super fast i can kill everyone in that pack of enemies... *shotgunned in the face by the first guy*

so no, i don't really see the problem. but then again, i'm terrible at pvp.

:)

Had a pretty great Destiny weekend: Vision of Confluence, Abyss Defiant, and Oversoul Edict. Also finally got my first character to lvl 32 and had another Plan C drop during a strike. Throw on the clan trophies for Raid and Strike, and I'd call this past weekend a resounding success. Many thanks to everyone who helped, love this group.

ethomaz

Banned
I don't see difference to kill any class in PVP.

My stats:

Titans: 2236 killed
Hunters: 2604 killed
Warlocks: 3254 killed

Seems like I face more Warlocks than others but it is not that big difference.

_Legacy_

Anyone recommend a good roll for Radeghasts Fury. I have two, rolled both once and managed to get the tracking perk on both and might settle. I think one has tracking and third eye, the other has the clown perk.

Fist of Havoc is definitely easy, I main Titan, but it's pretty lame.

With Arc Blade you at least have to be in a certain distance. If you rush a team from too far, they can easily gun you down.

Ward of Dawn is great if the other team doesn't have their supers up, if they do it's GG.

Nova Bomb requires good positioning for it to hit.

Golden Gun requires you to at least aim, and you can still easily get killed if not paying attention.

Fist of Havoc on the other hand, doesn't really require anything. If you're running Unstoppable, you are pretty much guaranteed to get it off. It's a free kill(s), unless you really fuck it up.

Shito

So, about that "soon to come" weapon balance patch: will the change to shotguns make the 4th Horseman one of the most damaging burst option in the game?
I mean, they intend to straight up double the amount of damage it does in PVE...

Yes, I got one yesterday.

ethomaz

Banned

Fist of Havoc on the other hand, doesn't really require anything. If you're running Unstoppable, you are pretty much guaranteed to get it off. It's a free kill(s), unless you really fuck it up.
I can count in one hand the times I died with First of Havoc...

Well I'm not a runner so maybe it is more for guys that keep running in the map... most times I kill the guy before it reaches close enough to First of Havoc.

I don't see difference to kill any class in PVP.

My stats:

Titans: 2236 killed
Hunters: 2604 killed
Warlocks: 3254 killed

Seems like I face more Warlocks than others but it is not that big difference.

That Warlock number is probably the difference between killing a warlock, having them self rez when they shouldn't, and then killing them again. It's not that you're running into more warlocks, its that they keep standing back up and you keep knocking them back down.

B-iWKf1CcAA0dg-.jpg:large

Plan C and the IB RL from one match. Too bad RL didn't have field scout so neither drop was terribly exciting, still cool though.

there are people running around with a green gozen-c sniper with the final round perk. they'll shoot the first two bullets and keep the last shot so it's a OHK anywhere to the body.

Oh trust me, I know about that move. Been doing it a lot with my IB sniper, through walls with the AP round. Given the timing of your post I'd assumed it was referencing my post just a few minutes earlier:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153297335&postcount=19397

Lima

Anyone recommend a good roll for Radeghasts Fury. I have two, rolled both once and managed to get the tracking perk on both and might settle. I think one has tracking and third eye, the other has the clown perk.

Grenade and horseshoes, field scout and clown cartridge. Bam best rocket.

Namikaze1

Fuck me! The game of peek-a-boo I had with a Golden Gun wielding Hunter didn't record. Bastard missed all his shots. I was literally ten feet in front of him and he still fucking missed. I think Phanteon was backing me up at C point on Rusted Lands at the time when it happened.

All I could think was how the fuck was I still alive. Like who were you shooting at?!

I'm just tired of doing it. It takes way too long and I usually end up dying at least once during the crystal phase and then have to start all over again.
I just hate it.

Ditters

Reached level 5 last night in IB. I still have 60+ motes and can't decide if I should stop while I am ahead or reroll. My timurs has performance bonuse, crowd control and field scout. Felwinters with return to sender, hammer forged and shot package. Keep going, or good enough?

ethomaz

Banned
That Warlock number is probably the different between killing a warlock, having them self rez when they shouldn't, and then killing them again. It's not that you're running into more warlocks, its that they keep standing back up and you keep knocking them back down.
Good point... most guys self rez instantly that make me wonder "you really want to be killed lol" but some times you face some smart self rez guys... these are the worst because you need to deal with a new enemy and the self rez guy in your back :p

forrest

formerly nacire
Could I get the GK normal checkpoint from someone please?

Hit rank 5 last night and realized I'm too low on glimmer to buy the weapons. 😠

Deku Tree

I'm just tired of doing it. It takes way too long and I usually end up dying at least once during the crystal phase and then have to start all over again.

I just hate it.

I can regularly sparrow to the final hallway... Sometimes all the way to the ogre.

Then if you have at least one friend with you and your whole team focus fire on one wizard at a time it goes very quickly and the lightswitch in the final room is not so bad.

I usually skip this daily if I'm alone though.

Namikaze1

I have enough glimmer to buy one of the IB weapons. I'm rank 4 right now. Should I buy the shotgun and go on a glimmer run? I haven't done Weekly on my Titan yet and with Ether Seeds + Black Wax Idols on, I can easily net 3-4k glimmer on just one run. I currently have over 14K glimmer.

ethomaz

Banned
Ok.

So many farming grimming guys...

I will try to remote play from my 3G phone to share the checkpoint... try to join me guys ;)

Edit - Fist try Destiny servers are down... it is not even a Remote Play issue :p

Namikaze1

I can regularly sparrow to the final hallway... Sometimes all the way to the ogre.

Then if you have at least one friend with you and your whole team focus fire on one wizard at a time it goes very quickly and the lightswitch in the final room is not so bad.

I usually skip this daily if I'm alone though.
Thing is there's a bounty to collect 200 shards or whatever it's called on the moon today. No skipping for me.

E92 M3

With Arc Blade you at least have to be in a certain distance. If you rush a team from too far, they can easily gun you down.

Ward of Dawn is great if the other team doesn't have their supers up, if they do it's GG.

Nova Bomb requires good positioning for it to hit.

Golden Gun requires you to at least aim, and you can still easily get killed if not paying attention.

It's comical when it's just used for me by a corner camping titan. Frustrating at the same time though.

forrest

formerly nacire
I have enough glimmer to buy one of the IB weapons. I'm rank 4 right now. Should I buy the shotgun and go on a glimmer run? I haven't done Weekly on my Titan yet and with Ether Seeds + Black Wax Idols on, I can easily net 3-4k glimmer on just one run. I currently have over 14K glimmer.

I bought the boots thinking it would take me a bit to get rank 5, then I hit rank 5 just wrapping up some bounties leaving me to broke to buy a weapon. I'll remedy that soon enough, but I kind of wish I saved for the scout first. At least then I could be levelling it while glimmer farming.

forrest

formerly nacire
Ok.

So many farming grimming guys...

I will try to remote play from my 3G phone to share the checkpoint... try to join me guys ;)

Edit - Fist try Destiny servers are down... it is not even a Remote Play issue :p

Weird I see you in orbit, but can't join.

IHaveIce

Banned

man I couldn't agree more with this

Namikaze1

I bought the boots thinking it would take me a bit to get rank 5, then I hit rank 5 just wrapping up some bounties leaving me to broke to buy a weapon. I'll remedy that soon enough, but I kind of wish I saved for the scout first. At least then I could be levelling it while glimmer farming.
I had over 20k but I wanted the boots as well so I bought it. I'm just gonna wait till I hit rank 5 and buy the scout rifle first.

E92 M3

I feel like people stopped talked about glimmer cap increases and so have Bungie. What do you guys think are the other features of the patch that Deej hinted at? I am expecting bug fixes, nothing too exciting.

man I couldn't agree more with this

The shoulder charge is the worst, lol.

Top Bottom