• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Crota summons his oversoul
Toland died.
Omar died.
Vell died.
Eriana-3 died.
Sai Mota died.
Eris died.
Eris self-resurrected

Eris has left the fireteam

Oversoul drains your super energy/light, same as Annihilator Totems and Templar's Ritual of Negation. It would have to be:

Vell: "Yo Eris, look out for the boomers!!!"
Eris: "Nah, I got my self-res, no worries" (if she's actually a warlock, not a hunter like it seems in-game)
Eris died.
Crota summons his oversoul
Eris self-resurrected
Everyone else: "Shoot the Oversoul !!!!"
Eris has generated 1 Orb of Light
Eris: "lolz, I punched a thrall"
--Wipe--
Toland, Omar, Vell, Erianna and Sai Mota have left the fireteam.

You became a pro last night, right around the time you dodged the boomer fire... and the Gate Keeper! ... so I could grab the last sword:

vV50l8.gif

And finish off Scrota. I like how the sword disappears but the super still activates...

yXYzz8.gif

There is definitely more to Knight duty than just dancing in the bubble. Props to cilonen for this clutch save:

vJaVOV.gif

I love this community. I'm laughing my ass off. My exploits will forever live in Destiny's OT 17.

That match actually inspired me to build a Warlock with self regenerating equipment.

What you didn't see or know was that my health was so low you couldn't see the red bar or a slither of it, all you could see was flashing red. If that Gate keeper was to just blow in my Hunter's ear I would have died.

I still maintain Ice Breaker's ammo regen has been slowed down at some point, possibly before the sale.

+1

I had Ice Breaker at beginning of the game and today the regen is too slow.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, have had one since first Archon NF and it definitely feels slower. You never had to wait for ammo to regen in old Icebreaker, at least not as frequently as you do now. I've actually stopped using it because of this reason.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, have had one since first Archon NF and it definitely feels slower. You never had to wait for ammo to regen in old Icebreaker, at least not as frequently as you do now. I've actually stopped using it because of this reason.

This should be easy enough to confirm with old youtube videos of people running Nightfalls or whatever with Ice Breaker.

I love this community. I'm laughing my ass off. My exploits will forever live in Destiny's OT 17. .

haha nice! I try to "enshrine" memorable moments of various gaffers as much as I can....

I was definitely nervous at the time but have to admit even then I was secretly laughing really hard on the inside. Watching you hop over the Gate Keepers head was too good. :p

Saw two exotics drop in a single Crucible match.

Thunderlord and No Land Beyond. Second NLB drop today, I swear this thing drops way too fucking frequently.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know if it's just me, but it always felt to me I moved quicker with MIDA than with IB.
MIDA Multitool has Lightweight, and its unique effect boosts move speed.
Together they provide the highest possible move speed boost in the game. A Bladedancer with Fleet Footed, the MIDA (and ideally Radiant Dance Machines) is nearly untouchable

Namikaze1

Yesterday was the first time I used Ice Breaker in over 7 weeks. I immediately switched back to my LDR. Gun feels like shit after the much more stable LDR. And the ammo regen seems like it was secretly nerfed.

LiK

MIDA Multitool has Lightweight, and its unique effect boosts move speed.

Together they provide the highest possible move speed boost in the game. A Bladedancer with Fleet Footed, the MIDA (and ideally Radiant Dance Machines) is nearly untouchable

I have all these, maybe I should try it in PVP

Want to join us for HM VoG, bonus atheon kills, then CE NM on Friday night like last week? We still need folks.

yea, i'll join VoG if you get a group together.

Atkison04

Well said man. Hopefully that post wasn't aimed at me for my sloppy post about Xur. I'm just bored at work posting unfocused things to pass time.. I really wish Bungie would let Xur sell Gjallarhorn again. I raid with several people that are legitimately bummed out that they have grinded for hundreds of hours and never had it drop. The people that are still actively playing this game surely deserve a chance to get the best exotic in game, no doubt about it.

My reasoning is that Bungie is saving selling Ghorn again until the player base starts to fade, then BOOM, oh look everyone xur is selling gjallarhorn! I think a lot of us are feeling a bit of a destiny slow down lately and bungie allowing xur to sell ghorn would excite the community again.

Shit, offer Gjallarhorn as a new end all exotic bounty quest. Make it the hardest bounty thus far, but people would have hope that they would actually get it at some point. One of my raid buddies got his first gjallarhorn last week during the deathsingers portion of the raid and it was one of the best moments I've had with the game so far. He was so damn excited that it was contagious man. Nothing like hearing a grown man squeal like a school girl over something that only destiny players know about :)

Ambitious

You're all wrong, Eris was secretly contracted by Oryx to get guardians to kill Crota and his spawn.

Crota was planning to overthrow daddy and be king.

Who's Oryx anyway? The god of all Hive? But Crota, his son, is a god too. However, unlike Oryx, Crota actually interacts with the real world, while Oryx apparently stays in Hiven.
So Crota is basically Hive Jesus. Has anyone counted his apostles disciples?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
not necessarily disputing the reality of the Ice Breaker stealth nerf you guys are talking about but I can't imagine it regening ammo any faster. it already makes nearly any situation soloable and feeds any other special weapon if you have a tiny bit of patience. the fact that it has infinite ammo in the first place is a property shared only with a single shotgun
I have all these, maybe I should try it in PVP
Combine with Blink, Fast Twitch, and if you don't mind being thought of as a sadistic asshole, a high-range shotgun

EL CUCO

Who's Oryx anyway? The god of all Hive? But Crota, his son, is a god too. However, unlike Oryx, Crota actually interacts with the real world, while Oryx apparently stays in Hiven.
Also, Crota is supposedly the weakest of his brothers.
Look how much we learn about Destiny when it's actually presented to us, Bungie

Atkison04

I bought one as well. Another friend of mine got one pretty damn early on and kept raving about it.

My only Xur regret is not buying Red Death. Bought the Helm of Inmost Light instead. So. Not. Worth it.

I would also like Red death. I remember watching a Destiny video before the game came out that featured that gun. I thought the skull and bone sights looked cool as hell. Of course when xur sold it I said nope because, well pulse rifle. Then I hear how useful it is in hard raid and I'm sad I missed it.

LiK

not necessarily disputing the reality of the Ice Breaker stealth nerf you guys are talking about but I can't imagine it regening ammo any faster. it already makes nearly any situation soloable and feeds any other special weapon if you have a tiny bit of patience. the fact that it has infinite ammo in the first place is a property shared only with a single shotgun

Combine with Blink, Fast Twitch, and if you don't mind being thought of as a sadistic asshole, a high-range shotgun

I do have Secret Handshake with Shot Package and range perk. :3

I'd really like to see someone test that Ice Breaker regen speed as I noticed it last week as well. Might be completely in my head though. You'd figure that's a test Reddit would have taken care of pretty quick.

You destroyed his shrine. You killed his son. He will have his revenge.......in Destiny 2.

Well said man. Hopefully that post wasn't aimed at me for my sloppy post about Xur. I'm just bored at work posting unfocused things to pass time.. I really wish Bungie would let Xur sell Gjallarhorn again. I raid with several people that are legitimately bummed out that they have grinded for hundreds of hours and never had it drop. The people that are still actively playing this game surely deserve a chance to get the best exotic in game, no doubt about it.

My reasoning is that Bungie is saving selling Ghorn again until the player base starts to fade, then BOOM, oh look everyone xur is selling gjallarhorn! I think a lot of us are feeling a bit of a destiny slow down lately and bungie allowing xur to sell ghorn would excite the community again.

Shit, offer Gjallarhorn as a new end all exotic bounty quest. Make it the hardest bounty thus far, but people would have hope that they would actually get it at some point. One of my raid buddies got his first gjallarhorn last week during the deathsingers portion of the raid and it was one of the best moments I've had with the game so far. He was so damn excited that it was contagious man. Nothing like hearing a grown man squeal like a school girl over something that only destiny players know about :)

I definitely believe Bungie are intentionally withholding Gjallarhorn from Xur. Not because it will break their game, but like you just said, because it is an ace in the hole they can pull out a week or two leading up to HoW. I was super stoked when I decrypted an engram into the horn as well. But the sustained excitement and joy has been running content with friends who all have progressed in the game and have solid arsenals that we now feel like we are that much more powerful than we were during the early weeks of Destiny. Destiny has a lot of systems that insure you are never OP in the game. Personally, I love being able to absolutely demolish early game content in RPGs after I am a fully leveled beast. The Horn gives you a slight taste of that, and everyone who has dumped an inordinate amount of time into this game, deserves a chance to feel that.

This should be easy enough to confirm with old youtube videos of people running Nightfalls or whatever with Ice Breaker.

What's funny is that I can't really show that its been slowed and even in the oldest of old videos I can see that the ammo regens at same constant tick of 5sec. Maybe its just in our head since we're not as wowed by its infinite ammo perk as we used to back then. Or maybe they nerfed the Mulligan perk so we lose more ammo now than we used to. I know they nerfed this on PI so it is possible.

The Icebreaker ammo regen has not been nerfed.

I just took the 35 seconds it requires to confirm this. You can see in this video here, back from September, time the ammo tick up between ammo 4 and ammo 5. It takes 5 seconds. I timed several other ammo regens in this guys video and they all took 5 seconds. I just fired up Destiny, fired my Icebreaker...5 seconds per bullet of regen. There has been no Icebreaker nerf. It takes very little effort to check something before spreading misinformation on hunches. Icebreaker has always taken 5 seconds per bullet regen.

Edit: What Decarb said. We were probably just wowed by it in early Destiny. Now that it is a disgusting "commoner" weapon, it has magically become nerfed. Haha. I hope Xur sells Gjallarhorn just to see the ridiculous reactions, both positive and negative.
Edit 2: Whoops, my first youtube link was incorrect, still had the DeeJ Teabag youtube video copied. It now points to the September IB vid.

stb

It hasn't. I've been using it since October.

Interesting: 3 yeas and 1 nay. I think IB was my first exotic and it's essentially lived in my Special slot since then. It's entirely possible it's just in my head.

As someone else mentioned, it should be testable by looking for an icebreaker video from September.

Sullichin

Interesting: 3 yeas and 1 nay. I think IB was my first exotic and it's essentially lived in my Special slot since then. It's entirely possible it's just in my head.

As someone else mentioned, it should be testable by looking for an icebreaker video from September.
I went from using it as my only sniper to using it sometimes so I'll just assume it's in my head.

stb

The Icebreaker ammo regen has not been nerfed.

I just took the 35 seconds it requires to confirm this. You can see in this video here, back from September, time the ammo tick up between ammo 4 and ammo 5. It takes 5 seconds. I timed several other ammo regens in this guys video and they all took 5 seconds. I just fired up Destiny, fired my Icebreaker...5 seconds per bullet of regen. There has been no Icebreaker nerf. It takes very little effort to check something before spreading misinformation on hunches. Icebreaker has always taken 5 seconds per bullet regen.

Edit: What Decarb said. We were probably just wowed by it in early Destiny. Now that it is a disgusting "commoner" weapon, it has magically become nerfed. Haha. I hope Xur sells Gjallarhorn just to see the ridiculous reactions, both positive and negative.

Easy, tiger.

No one spread misinformation. 3 people said they felt like it was slower. [Edit: 4, see the post directly above.] There was also no implication at it being degraded simply because it was sold by Xur. I even offered that it was possible that the change was made pre-sale.

Thanks for taking the time to check. That said, some of us do our gaffing at work, so it's not exactly an option to browse around Youtube, watch videos of a video game, break out a stop watch, then test it in the game.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to check and put it to rest, but the accusatory tone wasn't necessary.

2nd edit: I've also gone back and edited my post that started the discussion today to link to your thorough debunking, just to make sure it isn't misconstrued as misinformation.

Top Bottom