• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Just sent a friend request.

Did you send it to Boguester? Because that's actually my wife's account that she's never even used... :p My PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Sadly people had to bail so the group broke up for now. But we'll be running him this weekend, if not before then. So we'll get you in there for sure if you're available.

It was never that hard to get strange coins
What were the exotics people were passing on? I bought pretty much all of them. Still only use about half of them but I don't trust bungie hotfixes lol

Not hard to get coins, but very few had 17 coins in week 2 for Gjallarhorn, I think I was low Light Level 20's and could count the number of strange coins I owned on 1 hand. A lot of people also passed on it since everyone was gunning for Primary Exotics. Without knowing Gjallarhorns true worth, many were hesitant to pull the trigger on a Rocker Launcher as their first exotic.

joecanada

I've swapped in raid lvl 32 gear just to show off Hanged Man before quickly switching back to the "real" PvP gear (and level 31).

Seeing DeeJ be 31 is actually a good thing, there.

Yeah. I was horrified when I saw how little of a damage increase it was in Crucible. Quickly resolved never to use it.

Ya I always swap back too. At least the warlock raid gear is ok, looks like a giant demon.

In iron Banner would it matter much if you were 31.75 or 32? Does it take your armour rating or just level

WipedOut

So does anyone else find themselves with a plethora of exotic shards? I'm sitting at 31 and counting, what exactly am I going to do with all of these?

Atkison04

Did you send it to Boguester? Because that's actually my wife's account that she's never even used... :p My PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Sadly people had to bail so the group broke up for now. But we'll be running him this weekend, if not before then. So we'll get you in there for sure if you're available.

It was Phaethon that left, wasn't it? Sounds like something he is capable of doing...

:)

Well that makes perfect sense, but you did say you stopped using Ice Breaker "because of this reason," which isn't actually a thing :p

Well it is one of the reasons, but like I said above it might have more to do with regen not being so hot anymore (nerfed or not) than it used to.

Dude! you have the normal mode gorgon chest checkpoint? I won't be home for about another 4 hours, but would REALLY love to grab if off you if you are still on tonight!

Or if someone else can grab it off of raindoc and then share it later, I would <3 you forever!

I grabbed it from him, but I'm going to glimmer farm at GK so it will get overwritten. If this is why you wanted it then feel free to join me later at GK.

noomi

So does anyone else find themselves with a plethora of exotic shards? I'm sitting at 31 and counting, what exactly am I going to do with all of these?

yeah about 22 shards now, all those exotic dupes...

I grabbed it from him, but I'm going to glimmer farm at GK so it will get overwritten. If this is why you wanted it then feel free to join me later at GK.

Oh thanks man, but I actually just want the normal gorgon chest checkpoint to carry over until next reset. I just feel like if I do normal chest first and then hard chest, my hawkmoon chances are greater..... I'm doing everything I can to get it lol.

And yes... I know hard chest gives double rolls....but yeah, I still want to do the chest twice...

My prediction for Xur tomorrow: He sells Praxic Fire for Warlocks and Ballerhorn or Thunderlord so Bungie can try to show that Xur is random. But he's not.

It was Phaethon that left, wasn't it? Sounds like something he is capable of doing...

:)

I wish I could blame it on him but I think pretty much all of us had to hop off as it turned out. Sometimes I forget to eat thanks to Destiny.

Have no fear, I'm sure it won't be long before we have something to legitimately blame him for....

rNilla

I only have 3 exotic shards but I've also maxed most of my exotic armor pieces and some weapons. I am also not fortunate enough to have exotics rain down upon me, dupes or not.

Sullichin

Ya I always swap back too. At least the warlock raid gear is ok, looks like a giant demon.

In iron Banner would it matter much if you were 31.75 or 32? Does it take your armour rating or just level
I think it's just level but I could be wrong.
I did just fine in the last couple IB as level 31. You barely do any less damage to 32s, the damage output numbers are a single digit difference in my experience. A Hawkmoon headshot doing 3 less damage isn't going to save them. 30 or 29 vs 32 might have more problems.

Yeah I sent it to her account then. Just let her know to ignore. sounds good to me. I'll watch the thread for updates on when you're going to do other runs and send me an invite whenever I'm on if you need a filler or someone who can do a specific role.

I only have 3 exotic shards but I've also maxed most of my exotic armor pieces and some weapons. I am also not fortunate enough to have exotics rain down upon me, dupes or not.

As always, I am a little behind the curve of everyone. I have 1 exotic shard. I also have 4 exotics with all but the last bubble filled. I think I am just starting to get to the hump where Shards will be rolling. I have about 2/3 of all exotics so I am likely to start piling dupes now.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I have like 20 exotic shards. I may not have a Ghorn but I get so many dupe exotics, it's ridiculous.

Grim & Spyder_ur, what did I ask both of you the other day during our normal crota runs... are both of yall hard? Hahaha it was something like that but I can't remember because we were laughing too much

Atkison04

Poor Phaeton. Bails on your groups and always seems to join in mine after we're full or just finished :(
;)

I'm convinced that Phaethon is a destiny groupie of some sort. He is always jumping in and out of party chats. It's truly heartbreaking. It's like spending some quality time with your girl only to have her texting on her phone the whole time lol.

I always picture Phaethon looking like Mr. Bean with a Vin Diesel voice in real life?

dB Viper

I just want Hard Light for my collection.

Wait, no I don't.. I forgot, I need to NOT want something, and then RNG blesses me with it.

So.......

I don't want HoC, WoC or the Crux, either. None of it.

My prediction for Xur tomorrow: He sells Praxic Fire for Warlocks and Ballerhorn or Thunderlord so Bungie can try to show that Xur is random. But he's not.

If he sells Praxic, I will buy it and then drop my controller. It's the only exotic piece I want. Crest of Alpha Lupi for Titan and Hunters would be cool too but Praxic! My main was a Warlock and it took 120 play hours to make alts and I've wanted Praxic since I heard about it in the beginning. >_<

#ForeverNoPraxic

Wait, no I don't.. I forgot, I need to NOT want something, and then RNG blesses me with it.

So.......

You need to get your Wife/gf to enrage and threaten you with your life. After smoothing things over run a Nightfall and your dreams will come true. At least, that's what worked for me.

Sullichin

If he sells Praxic, I will buy it and then drop my controller. It's the only exotic piece I want. Crest of Alpha Lupi for Titan and Hunters would be cool too but Praxic! My main was a Warlock and it took 120 play hours to make alts and I've wanted Praxic since I heard about it in the beginning. >_<

#ForeverNoPraxic
I made my first character a Warlock for Praxic Fire specifically because of the Dark Souls reference in the description. Still don't have it. I never had the Skull helmet drop for me either.

lunlunqq

So.......

Yup, you don't know how much I HATE the hawkmoon. My hatred for it keeps me from falling asleep at night. :mad:

dB Viper

You need to get your Wife/gf to enrage and threaten you with your life. After smoothing things over run a Nightfall and your dreams will come true. At least, that's what worked for me.

Haha, glad to hear it worked for you.

My wife doesn't mind me playing Destiny.. so I'm fine there. :D

Xur Wishlist:

4th Horseman
Heart of Praxic Fire (Warlock)
Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)

Upgrades:
Red Death

Heavy Ammo Synths

Grim & Spyder_ur, what did I ask both of you the other day during our normal crota runs... are both of yall hard? Hahaha it was something like that but I can't remember because we were laughing too much

Lol I can't remember the exact quote but it was something along those lines.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Focus fire on the Abyss Defiant actually reduces damage output, fyi.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...damage_comparison_abyss_defiant_vs_vision_of/

tldr; use hip fire
It doesn't reduce damage output for me...

as with the suros regime, to each their own; but these calculations conducted in a vacuum (extrapolating precision hip fire damage per shot to comparable DPS) are all essentially moot because the purpose and effect of focused fire is to make it easier to hit more headshots more consistently. I can't get the sustatined precision DPS firing from the hip that is calculated here in practice, or anywhere close. But if you can, of course more power to you.

Homeboyd

Xur Wishlist:

4th Horseman
bugsjpg.png
bugsjpg.png
bugsjpg.png
bugsjpg.png
bugsjpg.png
bugsjpg.png

ethomaz

Banned
Xur Wishlist:

4th Horseman

Upgrades:
Red Death

Heavy Ammo Synths
4th Horseman is exclusive :p

I want Heart of Praxic Fire since first Xur... I didn't bought G.horn to hold coins to buy Heart of Praxic Fire.

I made my first character a Warlock for Praxic Fire specifically because of the Dark Souls reference in the description. Still don't have it. I never had the Skull helmet drop for me either.

Yea it forever eludes us :(

I've even seen my friend that hopped in my nightfall get it and he only has a Titan >_<

Sullichin

Xur Wishlist:

4th Horseman

Upgrades:
Red Death

Heavy Ammo Synths

Can't happen, he doesn't sell PS exclusives.

My wish list is Gjallarhorn, with Red Death in a distant second
Upgrades:
Hard Light
Patience and Time

Neither are very good but I don't have much else to upgrade.

Heart of Praxic Fire
MOTTM I guess. Kinda want the arachnid helm even though it sucks

Xur Wishlist:

4th Horseman

Upgrades:
Red Death

Heavy Ammo Synths

The one Exotic I really want is the Helm of Saint-14. Like a dummy I wasted nearly all my notes rerolling IB weapons and then he of course had exotic helmet engrams.

Top Bottom