• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Let me shout at Wicked. He is neither Gjallarhorny or a Fartbringer so his position in the clan has always been awkward. Maybe he can fix one of those.

Ok, cool. If we can't find a couple people then we might just do another quick NFall and call it a day. We definitely don't need 6, especially if one is a Titan with I-WoL. I can run relic and everyone else just DPS, pretty easy.

Can I stay up on the ledge sniping?

Yep, definitely.

We were probably just wowed by it in early Destiny. Now that it is a disgusting "commoner" weapon, it has magically become nerfed.

It probably has more to do with other newer and more amazing snipers like BH and Spear replacing it and freeing exotic slot than Xur selling it to everyone.

Dazzler

was doing ROC strikes last night and was randomly dropped into some dude's solo run against the Archon Priest with the boss down to a quarter health. Never happened to me before...

This happen to anyone else? ROC playlist wouldn't be such a clusterfuck if people were dropped in mid-strike to replace people who quit

Had two others on my fireteam quit last night between the tank and getting to Valus, fuck the time needed to solo that

Welp, I had done well at spending time away from Destiny and now my wife's cousin just got it in the mail today. He got it because I had it and he wanted to play it with me.

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys. I'll probably level up my Hunter while I play with him.

Easy, tiger.

No one spread misinformation. 3 people said they felt like it was slower. [Edit: 4, see the post directly above.] There was also no implication at it being degraded simply because it was sold by Xur. I even offered that it was possible that the change was made pre-sale.

Thanks for taking the time to check. That said, some of us do our gaffing at work, so it's not exactly an option to browse around Youtube, watch videos of a video game, break out a stop watch, then test it in the game.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to check and put it to rest, but the accusatory tone wasn't necessary.

Easy, tiger. I was being sarcastic with the "commoner" comment. However, there are people both here on GAF and Reddit that genuinely believe that Xur selling good weapons is a bad thing and that it magically degrades their value in your own arsenal. I personally think that is really funny. Because...it is a game and having better players in PvE is a good thing. The misinformation part stems from the fact that people were starting to use "secret nerfs" like the IB supposedly, as reasoning that Gjallarhorn would get nerfed if sold by Xur. That is all. You just caught the tail end of a larger discussion I guess.

Sullichin

was doing ROC strikes last night and was randomly dropped into some dude's solo run against the Archon Priest with the boss down to a quarter health. Never happened to me before...

This happen to anyone else? ROC playlist wouldn't be such a clusterfuck if people were dropped in mid-strike to replace people who quit

Had two others on my fireteam quit last night between the tank and getting to Valus, fuck the time needed to solo that

They do replace people who quit, you probably replaced a quitter in that Archon strike. But it usually takes too long.
So many people quit Omnigul and Undying Mind. If I start them solo I will usually have another player or two by the time I get to the boss.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It probably has more to do with other newer and more amazing snipers like BH and Spear replacing it and freeing exotic slot than Xur selling it to everyone.
Well that makes perfect sense, but you did say you stopped using Ice Breaker "because of this reason," which isn't actually a thing :p

Dazzler

Saw reignofsparrows was running Crota last night so dropped in super quick with my warlock

Literally one minute later they completed the Bridge Section and I got the Abyss Defiant

Unbelievable luck. Pity it's such a pea shooter

Lima

DeeJ is still level 31? He's not playing the bugged out raid is he?

"We're guinea pigs" confirmed.

Apart from the raid boots why the fuck would you use your raid gear in PvP? I'm always lvl 31 when playing PvP using gauntlets with higher reload speed for hand cannons etc.

Atkison04

Let me shout at Wicked. He is neither Gjallarhorny or a Fartbringer so his position in the clan has always been awkward. Maybe he can fix one of those.

Yeah, and who approved his clan request? -.- Him and jdirty are both liars! They may as well set their controller down when we do anything challenging :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Saw reignofsparrows was running Crota last night so dropped in super quick with my warlock

Literally one minute later they completed the Bridge Section and I got the Abyss Defiant

Unbelievable luck. Pity it's such a pea shooter
yeah you're gonna want to unlock focused fire. It's a pretty goddamn sweet AR, even before it can make wizards go all woozy

stb

Easy, tiger. I was being sarcastic with the "commoner" comment. However, there are people both here on GAF and Reddit that genuinely believe that Xur selling good weapons is a bad thing and that it magically degrades their value in your own arsenal. I personally think that is really funny. Because...it is a game and having better players in PvE is a good thing. The misinformation part stems from the fact that people were starting to use "secret nerfs" like the IB, as supposed reasoning that Gjallarhorn would get nerfed if sold by Xur. That is all. You just caught the tail end of a larger discussion I guess.

Ah. OK. That context makes your post make more sense.

I remember seeing a "Destiny Mythbusters" YouTube video months ago debunking some rumors about the game at the time.

If someone were inclined, it'd be really interesting and useful to put together a video debunking some of these "secret nerfs".

E92 M3

I never use Ice Breaker, ever. Black Hammer occupies that slot while my Ballerhorn is the exotic I role with.

Same here. I still love the IB, but Black Hammer is in that slot 95% of time. I even stopped using fusion rifles. BH is one of my favorite weapons in the game currently.

patchday

Apart from the raid boots why the fuck would you use your raid gear in PvP? I'm always lvl 31 when playing PvP using gauntlets with higher reload speed for hand cannons etc.

- To level it up
- Heavy weapon ammo bonus (you already pointed out)

Yeah, raid gear not much use in PvP I agree. Speaking from perspective of a L32 titan / L31 Hunter with raid gear

zewone

So you can be the one who plants the flag for your team.

rNilla

Same here. I still love the IB, but Black Hammer is in that slot 95% of time. I even stopped using fusion rifles. BH is one of my favorite weapons in the game currently.

Me three. I mess up the BH perk constantly but I still roll with it. I am also a known Ice Breaker dissenter.

Black Hammer or even LDR-5001 has definitely become my go to sniper slot these days. But it was a nice reunion with the mighty Icebreaker during this week's NF. I ran IB all the way until Archon Priest finally came out of his tanning bed and then it was finishing him off with Black Hammer. Icebreaker has been and still is a god send when running Nightfalls solo. It is funny that running the Archon Priest solo almost felt nostalgic. He has been out of rotation for so long, and I don't waste time with solo's any more since they made it more of a slog.

Steroyd

HM Templar kill, starting asap

1.) <---
2.) casmith
3.) Frost
4.) Phaethon
5.) Wicked
6.) ?

Is it just templar? Could do with a run at it.

Edit: Well when I say could do with a run, I mean a third fatebringer for convenience sake, so I'm low priority.

EL CUCO

Oversoul drains your super energy/light, same as Annihilator Totems and Templar's Ritual of Negation. It would have to be:

Vell: "Yo Eris, look out for the boomers!!!"
Eris: "Nah, I got my self-res, no worries" (if she's actually a warlock, not a hunter like it seems in-game)
Eris died.
Crota summons his oversoul
Eris self-resurrected
Everyone else: "Shoot the Oversoul !!!!"
Eris has generated 1 Orb of Light
Eris: "lolz, I punched a thrall"
--Wipe--
Toland, Omar, Vell, Erianna and Sai Mota have left the fireteam.
We joke about this, but there's no doubt in my mind that Eris is a Warlock...not just that, a Sunsinger. You can tell by how she praises the sun on the tower.

noomi

Gorgon checkpoint, normal @me

Dude! you have the normal mode gorgon chest checkpoint? I won't be home for about another 4 hours, but would REALLY love to grab if off you if you are still on tonight!

Or if someone else can grab it off of raindoc and then share it later, I would <3 you forever!

Daemul

People wear their raid gear outside of the raid? LOL! You wouldn't catch me dead wearing that ugly piece of shit outside of CE.

Bizazedo

So you can be the one who plants the flag for your team.
I've swapped in raid lvl 32 gear just to show off Hanged Man before quickly switching back to the "real" PvP gear (and level 31).

Seeing DeeJ be 31 is actually a good thing, there.
Focus fire on the Abyss Defiant actually reduces damage output, fyi.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...damage_comparison_abyss_defiant_vs_vision_of/

tldr; use hip fire
Yeah. I was horrified when I saw how little of a damage increase it was in Crucible. Quickly resolved never to use it.

raindoc

Dude! you have the normal mode gorgon chest checkpoint? I won't be home for about another 4 hours, but would REALLY love to grab if off you if you are still on tonight!

Or if someone else can grab it off of raindoc and then share it later, I would <3 you forever!

np.
EDIT: just bomb me with psn messages until i reply.

EL CUCO

Noomi, you were right about Ruin Wings also providing more heavy for teammates. Last night one of us had them equipped through the Nightfall and heavy was dropping like crazy for us. When he took them off for a bit, nothing was dropping. He equipped them again...and boom, heavy everywhere.

noomi

np.
EDIT: just bomb me with psn messages until i reply.

haha, thanks man, really appreciate that. Right after I get home, I'll hop and and scoop that up from you :)

Will pay it forward to others as well if needed.

Noomi, you were right about Ruin Wings also providing more heavy for teammates. Last night one of us had them equipped through the Nightfall and heavy was dropping like crazy for us. When he took them off for a bit, nothing was dropping. He equipped them again...and boom, heavy everywhere.

Yup! It's weird how it works that way, can be pretty inconsistent sometimes though. I wish hunters could wear ruin wings :(

Namikaze1

Got my hand bandaged up.

My little brother tricked me into giving him my hand. He said he was gonna bandage it up for me. Nope. He ran off laughing after smacking my palm. Had to bandage it up myself.

Top Bottom