• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Sullichin

while I've never gotten an exotic, I have gotten extra engrams (blue) and 2 accendant energies that only appeared after I got sent to orbit by the game.

I have no proof but it happens to me all the time in ROC and to lesser extant Weekly and Nightly.
This happens in ROC if neither of your two rewards are engrams, because the playlist guarantees an engram. It used to show an empty box next to the other two if you got three rewards.

Also pretty positive that the first time Hawkmoon dropped, it didn't appear in the lower corner at the end of the strike, because I was grinding strikes for that reason and was looking intently.

hydruxo

Pretty sure destinystatus.com's time played thing is wrong, the numbers are waaay higher than the ones on bnet. I think I remember someone saying destinystatus factors in loading screen time & AFK time and bnet only counts time you spend in actual activities.

Because my destinystatus time played is...extremely high haha.

Lol! 555 hours with me playing every single day since the release of the game... holy shit.... there hasn't been one day where I haven't played destiny since release... even when I was away on a business trip and vacation I made sure to have my vita to do dailies and check xur... hahaha

Are you playing the game or is the game playing you?

rNilla

destinystatus.com says 1004 hours.
Bungie.net says 593 hours.

Hmm. That's quite a discrepancy. I'm not usually one to sit in Orbit all day.

Sullichin

Lol! 555 hours with me playing every single day since the release of the game... holy shit.... there hasn't been one day where I haven't played destiny since release... even when I was away on a business trip and vacation I made sure to have my vita to do dailies and check xur... hahaha
My PS4 and Destiny has been on subways, trains, busses, cars and planes. My suitcase got searched at JFK, probably because the PS4 was in there.
I've never done remote play, I don't know where my Vita is and the battery has been dead for like a year. I always ignore my handhelds after a while for some reason

deadduck

Crota Hard X2 ( I have the check point)

Templar Hard X3 ( I don't have the check point)

Anyone else interested in knocking that stuff out right now let me know

psn: Ryck007

Looking for Fatebringer, got 3 32 characters, happy to do full raids if required.

Atkison04

Personally I think/hope normal CE will become more common and hard CE will drop off, as more people finish their collection of primaries, etc. Maybe I'm wrong but that's certainly where I'd like to go. Normal Scrota is so silly that it's fun. Rawr getting killed with the sword every time and still finishing off Scrota w/o wiping, ha.

Yeah, that's certainly where I would rather go once all my regular guys get the loot they want from hard mode. I see absolutely no reason to play hard mode after primaries are obtained. Normal crota is a lot more "fun" anyways.

Lol well at least I'd have been covered

Right, that's why I used the word "vacuum." The math is sound, it just doesn't necessarily translate into actual gameplay conditions

If I'm firing at a Hallowed Acolyte and do 10 headshots with focused fire, it will be substantially more total damage than 5 body shots and 5 headshots without; since Focused Fire makes it easier for me to get those headshots, claims that it "reduces damage output" are not compelling to me.

Since before the weapon dropped for me Ive been hearing about how the higher RoF delivers more DPS but I tried both options and the lower RoF just seems better. The magazine size is my primary concern

Also if it fired slower and did more damage then what would be the purpose of even having a higher RoF option since the low RoF would be superior in every way. The damage might be less but like you said you are hitting more crit shots and of course reloading less.

noomi

Are you playing the game or is the game playing you?

Holy fuck.....that's like some next level shit right there man!

My PS4 and Destiny has been on subways, trains, busses, cars and planes. My suitcase got searched at JFK, probably because the PS4 was in there.
I've never done remote play, I don't know where my Vita is and the battery has been dead for like a year. I always ignore my handhelds after a while for some reason

Now that's what I call dedication my friend. I think I would be too afraid of damaging the ps4 on trips like that. I don't even like moving my ps4 from the living room to the office lol.

Unrelated.. but I just hit ctrl+b by accident while typing and it automatically threw up the bold tags.... ctrl+i or ctrl+u works as well.... what the hell, this will save me so much time. WHAT ELSE DON'T I KNOW!??!

Atkison04

Any indication to what will happen with Vanguard/Crucible commendations with future dlc? I have about 20 vanguard commendations sitting in the vault with nothing to use them on. Hopefully they can be used with HOW vanguard gear/weapons and not made obsolete.

Lima

ya but even 5 points of damage is a big deal with precision...

IB handcannon - 95 damage headshot = 100 headshot at level 32? thats the question

It's not that much unfortunately. The damage difference was 1. You did one more damage with Vex, Suros whatever you name it being a 31 and playing against 32's. IB is still such horse shit because there is almost no difference to regular crucible other then when the odd 25 or even lower join in. Then it's fun for like a game or two to just slaughter them.

Any indication to what will happen with Vanguard/Crucible commendations with future dlc? I have about 20 vanguard commendations sitting in the vault with nothing to use them on. Hopefully they can be used with HOW vanguard gear/weapons and not made obsolete.

same for me and crucible commendations trying to get those goddamn faction shaders

haven't got a single one to drop across 3 characters

PuMa

Probably obsoleted. I think they were a mistake to being with.

Atkison04

Probably obsoleted. I think they were a mistake to being with.

Agreed. Wasted my time purchasing vanguard gear before I jumped in crotas raid. I won't be doing that this go round. If anything I'll use the "new" commendations for that vanguard scout rifle and sniper rifle that was datamined.

Atkison04

same for me and crucible commendations trying to get those goddamn faction shaders

haven't got a single one to drop across 3 characters

Lol I grinded Eris to rank 4 just for that sunsetting shader. Now I wear it on exactly none of my alts. Glowhoo all the way at the moment!

dB Viper

425 hours.

32 Warlock
32 Hunter
26 Titan (newly created, deleted Warlock alt)

The new character has infused a fresh feel into the game. Currently on the grind to get Titan gear, which, I don't have many exotics for him at all (2 helms, that's it).

Just need 7 strikes then I'll buy vendor boots, and then complete the Eris quest to get the gauntlets. A handful of bounties and shards later, he'll be 31 and ready to Raid in CE.

Enjoying the Titan quite a bit, although not as much as #WarlockMasterRace.

Lima

It's seems fine to me. What needs investigating is the abysmal crit damage bonus of AR's in PVE

Yeah they nerfed AR's so hard that everyday I'm surprised when someone uses one in this game. And that goes for PvE and PvP. They went from AR dominating the field to hand cannons dominating everything.

also don't understand why factions only take crucible marks when they can be leveled up by doing non crucible activities..

Vanguard vendor - vanguard marks
Crucible vendor - crucible marks
Faction vendors - vanguard and crucible marks

That would make sense to me. There are patrol missions you do for the factions. Makes no sense

Yeah they nerfed AR's so hard that everyday I'm surprised when someone uses one in this game. And that goes for PvE and PvP. They went from AR dominating the field to hand cannons dominating everything.

Hand cannons are fun so I don't mind them being so good but I like to change things up and AR's are as good as pulse rifles in PVE at this point. I have a beautiful vanquisher, an up for anything, and an AD that I want to use in PVE but they're just not that good

LiK

ARs are a joke now. Pretty sad what Bungie did to them cuz people were whining. Now people can die from 2-3 shots from HCs instead. Enjoy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I still saw plenty of Suros in IB (and used it myself quite a bit).

Did normal Scrota for the first time last night since hard mode came out... Boomers die in one headshot? Knights don't have yellow health bars? I can regen my shield with the chalice? Felt so foreign lol

I always ignore my handhelds after a while for some reason

But.... but....

majora__s_mask_3ds_on_box_by_capuchinomedia-d41w7mz.jpg

I'll be dusting off the ol' 3ds for that soon... or more likely buying a new New 3ds...

It was Phaethon that left, wasn't it? Sounds like something he is capable of doing...

:)

Poor Phaeton. Bails on your groups and always seems to join in mine after we're full or just finished :(
;)

I wish I could blame it on him but I think pretty much all of us had to hop off as it turned out. Sometimes I forget to eat thanks to Destiny.

Have no fear, I'm sure it won't be long before we have something to legitimately blame him for....

CqqTKoQ.gif

^ haha sorry P-man. No more picking on you, starting now! From now on this is us:

cast.jpg

My new Monster Hunter themed new 3ds xl should be arriving soon. Can't wait.

oooh, almost forgot about the MHunter, good call. 3ds had a down 2014 relative to 2013 but still a great system. Really optimistic about the new head tracking 3d technology from previews I've read.

I still saw plenty of Suros in IB (and used it myself quite a bit).

I used an AR only for the AR bounty but yeah I guess people still use them. When was the last time you saw someone use an AR in PVE though? They're as common as pulse rifles at this point and that's just sad

Am_I_Evil

When i went to TX to visit family in Nov (i think, maybe October) i actually rented a PS4 for a week from Rent-A-Center and rented Destiny from a local video rental place...

Top Bottom