• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

We all need to collectively decide on our new favorite game so that we can take the best part of Destiny with us. :p

Well, I think a large portion of us were talking about Bloodborne during some of the down time. Can imagine that's a safe bet for ps4DestinyGAF.

I'd guess XBO folks will do Evolve. There's also Battlefield Hardline for both it and PS4 too, though I think the impressions are mixed on that too.

360/PS3 crew need to join the current gen club :D

PuMa

Im curious where this leaves the mythoclast....?

I was thinking the same thing. Since they didn't specifically mention it, I'm guessing it falls in with all fusion rifles...??? I hope it isn't a big change. It's my go-to in the cruc.

Why can they separate PvP from PvE for shotguns but not ARs? It's ridiculous how many times ARs are getting nerfed just because most people don't know better and to play with handcannons etc... Jesus Christ Bungie...

That being said, even though the shotgun nerf is a long time coming and fair, I still hate em cos my judgement will no longer be making my enemies cry. And I also got Helm of Inmost light outta legendary I got from Crucible. Most luck ive had in a while... Even if the helm ain't that great

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yea overall it's good and interesting to me. Shotgun, Fusion and Pulse have good changes. AR and HC are debatable. I think if the HC range is just a tiny bit weaker, that's fine. I'm definitely curious to see the exact range now. They didn't mess with Scouts so that's also good.
sounds right.
We all need to collectively decide on our new favorite game so that we can take the best part of Destiny with us. :p
it's obviously Bloodborne, and XB1 Guardians get the next instance in a long line of getting screwed with their pants on.

noomi

I don't think its affected since it only shoots 1 projectile at a time but with Bungie coding...who the fuck knows.

I was thinking the same thing. Since they didn't specifically mention it, I'm guessing it falls in with all fusion rifles...??? I hope it isn't a big change. It's my go-to in the cruc.

Well it's like a autorifle/fusion rifle hybrid....

I would just be afraid to see it get nerfed from both ends :eek:

Namikaze1

They needed to buff Pulse Rifles. They didn't need to nerf ARs yet again since their last nerf made them shit. Now Necrochasm is even shittier.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Oh god they're going to fuck with handcannons now?! CMON!

Isn't the hawkmoon supposed to be great at long ranges? I guess now I'll never fucking know....

What does this quote mean, less damage up close?

Just a convoluted way of say the damage drop off for long range shots starts sooner.

Bring on The Order!
Amen!

2.5% is not much of a nerf and some of the reactions may be over-exaggerated. Nonetheless, no one likes to be on the end of a nerf, no matter the game. ARs just sting even more, because this is now two nerfs to the weapon type.

Mythoclast is a Fusion Rifle though.
If what you say holds true and they don't nerf the Vex, then that would be a Christmas miracle.

Rubenov

Okay, just got home and read the update. So the answer is nerf everything and buff pulse rifles?

Sad, sad day. Farewell Hawkmoon, Last Word, Suros. It is not your fault.

Looks like my Wii U is going to be getting a lot more play time. I just don't have enough to do in Destiny to last until HoWs. I've been an everyday player until about a week ago, now it'll be more like once or twice a week.

Looking at raw DPS [damage per second], the Auto Rifle is the most lethal primary weapon class across all of Destiny’s activities.

How could anyone that plays this game honestly believe that's true for PvE content?? There's no freaking way whatsoever. I wanna see the receipts. So apropos that we were just bitching about misapplied statistics and then this thing rolls out... wow.

Wow that hand cannon nerf. The range fall off is not my concern it's this "shots should be paced" language that has me terrified.

That's the concern for me too: HC nerfs are very vague right now as far as I can tell. Maybe it won't be noticeable, we can hope.

The Division. Whenever the hell that's coming out...

Well, I think a large portion of us were talking about Bloodborne during some of the down time. Can imagine that's a safe bet for ps4DestinyGAF.

Afaik Division doesn't even have a release date yet. BBorne sadly has another ~45 days to go. ;_; Would have been perfect timing if BB kept the original Feb. release but I'm always glad for games to get more time in the oven. Here's hoping the Order is good, I guess? I'll be playing Bayonetta 2 on Jinjo's recommendation! (edit: lol Hawk @X1 owners, maybe they'll have their revenge w/ Halo 5 and/or Scalebound).

|OT18|House of Nerfs

or

|OT18|Swept Under the Wolf Rug (since we need a bad OT title apparently)

^Obviously I'll be taking some time this month with The Order, and whatever games I said I'd get to in the 3 for Feb. thread. Also have to try and finish at least Dark Souls and possibly start Demon's before Bloodborne, as I'm not sure I'll be able to go back after what I've seen.

Namikaze1

Well, time to buy Majora's Mask 3D. That'll keep me busy till The Order. That will keep me busy for a week and then it's back to some other game till Bloodborne.

Thank god I moved on from ARs to SRs. Though I really enjoyed the time I spent with my Abyss Defiant. Why Bungie has it out for ARs I don't know...

Shocker!!! People use AR's in a modern FPS. Even if they make them the least effective weapons, which they're close to becoming, people will still use them because they're just easy and satisfying to use

The buff shouldn't be that bad most likely. And the raid pulse is super easy to get. 2 chances with each char.

It's more the nerfing. I just invested a bunch of time leveling up guns that I find fun. I don't want to be even more under leveled in the raid, even if it is only 3% or whatever.

Rainbow 6 Siege is one I'm stoked for. Hopefully it doesn't get super delayed or cancelled like Patriots because the E3 trailer last year had me hyped. Probably a "Q4" release at best.

If House of Wolves really isn't coming till May or June I hope to God they have some interesting events planned to tide people over. Maybe Queen's Wrath or come up with some new PVE event because If it's just "Hey, Iron Banner is back again for the 7th freaking time guys"; I might as well not bother and catch up on my backlog.

joecanada

They're buffing Pulse Rifles so expect that to be the new shit for a while. Altho I hate PRs as a whole cuz I'm not a burst fire user.

bad juju is your new friend - auto pulse...

also you were right previously about all the kills in crucible being mass casuals... of course all the casuals use AR, they are easiest to use.

but of course bungie got that grade 6 math going on, "gee what has the most kills lets nerf it".
if they were smart they would have checked players k/d ratio or something and said "whoa people using fusion rifles consistently have a 2.0 or higher k/d"
or "whoa of those 5% of people who got hawkmoon, they kill on average 20 people with it"...

it's almost sad. Also anyone else notice that wolfpack round in pvp don't really track other guardians? they kind of do, but mainly swarm the one target... which is good for obvious reason, but odd.

If House of Wolves really isn't coming till May or June I hope to God they have some interesting events planned to tide people over. Maybe Queen's Wrath or come up with some new PVE event because If it's just "Hey, Iron Banner is back again for the 7th freaking time guys"; I might as well not bother and catch up on my backlog.

Still betting that Queen's Wrath will either be repurposed as the vendor character for House of Wolves or will be at the eve of the DLCs release.

joecanada

|OT18|House of Nerfs

or

|OT18|Swept Under the Wolf Rug (since we need a bad OT title apparently)

^Obviously I'll be taking some time this month with The Order, and whatever games I said I'd get to in the 3 for Feb. thread. Also have to try and finish at least Dark Souls and possibly start Demon's before Bloodborne, as I'm not sure I'll be able to go back after what I've seen.

haha or..

OT 18 - revenge of the nerfs

lt519

Keep using that Horn!

Shouldn't of sharded my Super Plox VLO or whatever it was called. 10% is still not enough, they'll still be useless.

Scout Rifles are going to just be beasts at this point. Sadly Hand Cannons were way more fun to play with.

i kind of forget that bad juju and and red death are supposed to be "pulse" rifles

when i think of pulse rifles i think of strangers rifle and oversoul edict

heck even necrochasm feels more like a pulse rifle to me

TheOddOne

(Sorry for repeating myself)

Would any Xbone people mind helping me out with the last part of the Thorn bounty? Not directly now, but tomorrow. Add me to your friendslist: TheOddOne187.

Huge thanks!

hydruxo

I never finished BL2 (PC). Maybe 30 hours in. Slightly debating on getting it for PS4. It was pretty fun.

If you get it, let me know and we can do some co-op! BL2 is a blast but yeah I probably put the same amount of hours in as you but still didn't get as deep into it as I wanted to before I moved on to other games. Plus I never played any of the DLCs which are included with the PS4 version.

EL CUCO

Maybe this is why I keep getting Pulse rifles on consecutive Nightfalls. All this time I thought I was being trolled, they were simply preparing me for the future.

Thing is, In Atheon HM, two people go down and the party can save it. the Rocky theme kicks in in your head and you can pull it off. That's why it's fun even if you scrub it and wipe a few times.

Crota HM, either the wrong person goes down or two people bite it and that's a wipe. Plus get it all right and the game still might glitch it away from you to an unrecoverable point.

We were talking about this the other day after scrubbing it up for 30+ minutes on an Atheon kill. We were still all laughing and having a grand ol' time because it didn't feel cheap and artificial. I don't think you can overstate how boring the forced-underleveling is for HM CE. All Lv32 enemies with Lv33 Scrota to still make sword damage reasonable would have been sooo much more tolerable.

I'm 98% sure it's Going to be BloodBorne. I played the Evolve beta and didn't like it.

Yeah the stuff I've been hearing about Evolve is discouraging. Just today I saw their new ad on YouTube was... live action, eww.... and the nail was driven in a bit more. Hope I'm wrong.

Rubenov

Well, those nerfs will finally push me to leave the game. I loved playing Crucible as I'm primarily a PvP / shooter kind of guy... what other recent shooter games are good out there right now?

Keep in mind I've been inside a Destiny bubble for months so I haven't kept up with gaming news.

It's more the nerfing. I just invested a bunch of time leveling up guns that I find fun. I don't want to be even more under leveled in the raid, even if it is only 3% or whatever.

For me the guns and gunplay in this game have always been the big draw. Right now I've been going through an AR phase and I've been enjoying (cherishing) my vanquisher, up for anything, and abyss defiant. It really sucks knowing they nerfed them yet again. It really makes me not wanna play the game. It's kind of painful cause you play and "work" hard for your weapons. This is especially the case when you know a nerf is the last thing they need in PVE

Top Bottom