• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Let's me honesty here. The nerf is a bad move besides the PR buff, move. However to me its meh. Bungie has not indicate any intend to fix the glitches that plague hard mode. Even the heavy ammo glitch MIGHT be release next month. Instead it appears alot more bullet sponges is the way to go..I feel like this is the last few nails in the coffin. At this point the majority of destinyGAF already reach the peak of everything and there's noting to really gain. With no true content, extremely paper thin content and a lot of games releasing soon, a lot of players will be dropping the game. I will still do the raids since they are fun
fuck hard mode crota
but the desire to countine to grind for...?

Either way destinygaf feels like my home thread on Neogaf and its a shame seeing the community disgruntled.

Unless they have a decent PvE event or two in the works to fill the gap between now and HoW, I think releasing as late as May (or even possibly later) is a huge mistake. I'm really curious to see what the community looks like come late March if that turns out to be the case.

SkylineRKR

200.gif

My beloved Red Death, my Guardian Killer, is returning to me.

That puts it above 100 per burst, the current is 96 damage. Which means it enjoys the higher ROF + 2 burst. This weapon will probably enter the top tier.

Bungie should also put the tagline back then.

Daemul

OMG, they're seriously rebuffing my Red Death(along with other Pulse Rifles). I'm seriously about to cry with joy here.

Unless they have a decent PvE event or two in the works to fill the gap between now and HoW, I think releasing as late as May (or even possibly later) is a huge mistake. I'm really curious to see what the community looks like come late March if that turns out to be the case.

Wouldn't a 6 month gap between house of wolves and comet be even worse though?

Hzoltan69

HM Crota full run.

1. Hzoltan969
2. Ps_flocki
3. Hetchi
4. US- Frostburn
5. Raindoc

Need 1 more. Hope you guys are still ok, sorry for the delay.

DaddyO

Neo Member
Long-time lurker (XBone Titan 31), tried my first raid (VoG) a few nights ago with some randoms.

We got to the jumping puzzle.

So now when I am LFGing, do I put "gatekeepers" as my checkpoint or "gorgon's maze"?

What is the most effective way to find a group in the hive-mind's experience? I would join a group here, but I am pretty sure I am just not up to snuff skill/knowledge-wise.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wouldn't a 6 month gap between house of wolves and comet be even worse though?

It's all bad. I thought a March release for HOW and a September release for the big expansion would be brutal. I think this gap is going to be even worse, though, because of the general dissatisfaction with CE.

I'm in the same boat as you, hopefully we can stick together with other games and come back for HoW whenever that actually gets released, until then... not too much for us to do.
yeah I hope so as well. This is still the best gaming community I have played with :)
People are disgruntled because Bungie seem to care a lot about how people play their game. For some reason, it bothers them that 20% of the people who play destiny use AR's, even though I'm sure this stat is probably even higher in other modern fps. I don't understand this obsession they seem to have about how we play their game. It really rubs people the wrong way

It comes across as "hey you like to use this weapon in PVE, here lets nerf it so you won't enjoy it as much anymore"
yeah. Hard mode already shown us that :/

Wait, Rawr. . buddy. . what happened? What bad news are you talking about?
Bungie is nerfing auto rifles, HCs, fusion rifles, and etc. HoW release date is between April, May or June. But they did buff PR at least :p

agreed. There's noting to really play for besides playing with the community, too bad bungie wants us to play thier way..

the bad news is that we've become legend my friend, and there are no battles left to be fought

except hard mode crota for some, but fuck that
haha wisely said!

gdt

Hand cannons should not be as effective as they are at the ranged they get. Thorn and Hawkmoon (<3) are basically snipers.

That's a solid nerf IMO.

patchday

]Well, those nerfs will finally push me to leave the game. I loved playing Crucible as I'm primarily a PvP / shooter kind of guy... what other recent shooter games are good out there right now?[/B]

Keep in mind I've been inside a Destiny bubble for months so I haven't kept up with gaming news.

Hard to find a dedicated pvp shooter worse than Destiny in regards to core features. Don't get me wrong; I love Destiny. But the PVP has a LOT of issues:
- lack of ***map voting***. Damn, how could they not bring this over from Halo??? Staple feature in all shooters I know of (CoD: AW, Halo, Killzone!)
- lots of deaths you have no control over (like getting one shot by Nova Bomb when capping a point in a tight little room)
- Maps just not built with Movement powers in mind. They cater to shotgun so strong at the expense Hunter Triple Jump, Blinks, etc cannot get out of range of a nuke
- Fusion rifles dominating Rumble pretty bad
- no gamemode that turns off supers'
- Does not award the best performers. Newbies / AFKers / Bad performers (way below 1.0 K/D) get same rewards as great players with 7+ K/D

Played BF Hardline this morning and had fun. Been playing CoD: AW a lot for my pvp outlet as well. I would go back to play Halo 3/4 more but my kids snagged my Xbox. So waiting on Halo 5 and will buy X1 (I think)

Inspite of all the issues I still play Destiny Crucible a bit too. Hard to beat the sheer variety. Also, it is always humorous to hulk smash a Hunter that just popped Blade dancer or Gunslinger. But I'd recommend almost any shooter over Destiny for *serious* pvp.

Lothars

(Sorry for repeating myself)

Would any Xbone people mind helping me out with the last part of the Thorn bounty? Not directly now, but tomorrow. Add me to your friendslist: TheOddOne187.

Huge thanks!

Yes I would be willing to my GT is Lothars

i will add you to my list.

Axoman

How does Bungie get even more out of touch?

Why can they increase shotgun damage in PVE only but not other weapons?

Why can't they keep AR PVE damage the same or even increase, but only decrease in PVP?

Why appear to only balance weapons based on the cluster that is and always will be Crucible?

No mention of CE glitches/bugs.

No mention of black hammer or word of crota special perk being fixed.

So much for "we're listening."

SkylineRKR

It's all bad. I thought a March release for HOW and a September release for the big expansion would be brutal. I think this gap is going to be even worse, though, because of the general dissatisfaction with CE.

I'm done with CE and have about everything you can get in this game. I'll put it away for the time being, probably playing crucible with the buffed Red Death now and then.

But May means Bloodborne, Witcher, Dark Souls 2 and a fuckload of other games that eat precious time.

Carbonox

What is the luckiest people have been in the Strike Playlist (Tiger/ROC)? I've never ever gotten a Legendary drop in a ROC Strike but seen a billion other players get something. Destiny RNGesus is a mongrel as it is but that's a bit daft.

Rubenov

OMG, they're seriously rebuffing my Red Death(along with other Pulse Rifles). I'm seriously about to cry with joy here.

It would've been a welcomed move if it wasn't accompanied by nerfing of other classes.

Can someone use the "RIP Vex Mythoclast (dates)" image and do the same for Hawkmoon? I'm seriously depressed about my Hawkmoon, lol.

Let's me honesty here. The nerf is a bad move besides the PR buff, move. However to me its meh. Bungie has not indicate any intend to fix the glitches that plague hard mode.

Yeah, exactly the same for me. All the regulars were taking time away already, the nerfs aren't a big deal in and of themselves but rather reinforce this trend of Bungie ignoring the community and putting their efforts into things we don't care about that much.

I'd deal with the grind, I'd get over the nerfs, I'd re-level my exotics every expansion... if that expansion came with a VoG-tier raid or better. It's always been about the content and they cut it way, way too thin with TDB. Hopefully they realize this which explains the long wait for HoW, but these types of updates and glacial to non-existent bug fixes support the theory that most of the manpower has moved on to Destiny 2.

The TDB and HoW strikes and story missions were on your disc at launch. The only hope has ever been the new raids. But CE was a clear indicator to me that, while the main 4(?)-man raid team was likely still there, they didn't have nearly the same support staff and/or development time to bring their vision to life.

Ambitious

Jinjo recommends Bayonetta 2? The collector's edition has been sitting on my shelf since release. Still need to buy a Wii U, though. At some point.

GhaleonEB

I don't do Crucible, so the non-PVP stuff was what I focused on. The shotgun and pulse rifle boosts are most welcome. I might actually try using a shotgun! They feel like they do the same, or worse, as a melee currently.

Also, this made me laugh:

ok_zps80s4bfyv.png

rNilla

I don't do Crucible, so the non-PVP stuff was what I focused on. The shotgun and pulse rifle boosts are most welcome. I might actually try using a shotgun! They feel like they do the same, or worse, as a melee currently.

ok_zps80s4bfyv.png

Haha I didn't notice that. Nice catch.

Jinjo

ok_zps80s4bfyv.png

Whahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jinjo recommends Bayonetta 2? The collector's edition has been sitting on my shelf since release. Still need to buy a Wii U, though. At some point.

Yeah, I honestly do. It's really good action game and it was a solid distraction from Destiny at the time. I bought a Wii U for it too.

GameInformer has clarified in their article on the Activision earning call that those 16 million players are from active accounts that play approximately 3 hours per day.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/02/05/destiny-has-16-million-registered-users-playing-an-average-of-three-hours-daily.aspx?utm_content=buffer0e2b9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Also:

In combination with Hearthstone, Activision&#8217;s other new title in the 2014 fiscal year, Destiny is responsible for $850 million.

|OT18|Their Nerf, Our Ball

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm loving these weapon changes, however:

- none of the nerds needed to be applied to PVE
- the AR changes are perfect and I'm glad they finally get what the ARs role should be...but the 2.5% dmg reduction? Get the fuck out of here.

SHOTGUNS IN PVE ALL DAY YAAAAAAY

Namikaze1

Oh shit! I forgot Witcher 3 is slated for a May release and soon after that it's Batman Arkham Knight. Holy shit, Bungie! What a great time to release House of Wolves! Right in between one of the most hyped games of the year and the last of Rocksteady's trilogy. Let's not even forget there's rumors of The Phantom Pain releasing sometime in the April-June range. You fucked up, Bungie!

MORE VAULT SPACE might be the most important fix along with heavy ammo glitch. End of February is laughable. CE glitches should be next. Then weapon balancing.

Their team should really be big and smart enough to do these all at the same time.

Yeah, exactly the same for me. All the regulars were taking time away already, the nerfs aren't a big deal in and of themselves but rather reinforce this trend of Bungie ignoring the community and putting their efforts into things we don't care about that much.

I'd deal with the grind, I'd get over the nerfs, I'd re-level my exotics every expansion... if that expansion came with a VoG-tier raid or better. It's always been about the content and they cut it way, way too thin with TDB. Hopefully they realize this which explains the long wait for HoW, but these types of updates and glacial to non-existent bug fixes support the theory that most of the manpower has moved on to Destiny 2.

The TDB and HoW strikes and story missions were on your disc at launch. The only hope has ever been the new raids. But CE was a clear indicator to me that, while the main 4(?)-man raid team was likely still there, they didn't have nearly the same support staff and/or development time to bring their vision to life.

Not just the raid but other content as well. Outside of CE, my TDB experience has been the same two dailies almost every day and waking the hive and fist of Crota for the Eris bounties. It's kind of embarrassing when you think about it.

I think this is one reason they are delaying it, to make sure HoW is really something special. At least....I hope....

No because even if a lot of people stop playing after HoW, comet is a big enough addition to being them back

Comet has the chance to be small potatoes if its like everything else. 6 hours or less of a dry single player with no real motivation to complete aside from being able to do new strikes and a raid. And a raid that possibly will be so buggy and bland that nobody wants to play it.

E92 M3

Let's me honesty here. The nerf is a bad move besides the PR buff, move. However to me its meh. Bungie has not indicate any intend to fix the glitches that plague hard mode. Even the heavy ammo glitch MIGHT be release next month. Instead it appears alot more bullet sponges is the way to go..I feel like this is the last few nails in the coffin. At this point the majority of destinyGAF already reach the peak of everything and there's noting to really gain. With no true content, extremely paper thin content and a lot of games releasing soon, a lot of players will be dropping the game. I will still do the raids since they are fun
fuck hard mode crota
but the desire to countine to grind for...?

Either way destinygaf feels like my home thread on Neogaf and its a shame seeing the community disgruntled.

Feels like my home thread as well - sad to see so much turmoil. Bungie brings it on themselves.

Long-time lurker (XBone Titan 31), tried my first raid (VoG) a few nights ago with some randoms.

We got to the jumping puzzle.

So now when I am LFGing, do I put "gatekeepers" as my checkpoint or "gorgon's maze"?

What is the most effective way to find a group in the hive-mind's experience? I would join a group here, but I am pretty sure I am just not up to snuff skill/knowledge-wise.

What's your gt? Also there should be a list in the OP with Xbox folks, I believe.

--

It's funny that a bunch of casuals (majority of destiny players) are using ARs caused Bungie to think they are overpowered. Statistics need proper evaluation and apparently they have problems with that. I don't even use ARs and it's hilarious to see them getting a 3rd nerf.

PVE SHOULD NOT BE GETTING NERFS PERIOD. Buff weak weapons such as the pulse and leave others in tact. I just don't understand how they are so clueless about their own game. Does no one play it over there?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

ok_zps80s4bfyv.png

I really hate the tone of their communications.

hmm good question. The Last of Us MP is great and very underrated imo, although completely different vibe than Destiny in addition to obviously being 3rd person. Battlefield 4 is pretty stable nowadays from what I hear. I don't have an X1 but I imagine Halo MCC would be good if they've finally fixed it by now.... I'm as far behind on recent games as anybody though :)

so far behind on gaming news as well. havnt touched destiny this week at all. first time since launch. this update did nothing to get me excited to play again. actually kind of hurt my chances of getting back on anytime soon.

the only game I completed since the destiny launch was bayonetta 2 but have purchased several other games. I got so much to catch up on. if anyone wants to far cry 4 co-op let me know. I also need to get started on evil within and I dont think I have any plans on finishing AC unity eck..

we should start a DestinyGAF mario kart 8 tourney!

I wanna play Destiny, I just wish Bungie would stop pushing me away. its gonna be along wait till May

Oh shit! I forgot Witcher 3 is slated for a May release and soon after that it's Batman Arkham Knight. Holy shit, Bungie! What a great time to release House of Wolves! Right in between one of the most hyped games of the year and the last of Rocksteady's trilogy. Let's not even forget there's rumors of The Phantom Pain releasing sometime in the April-June range. You fucked up, Bungie!

Yep, not a good time at all. I've been foregoing a lot of titles due to Destiny, but that's over this month between the backlog I'm powering through and The Order 1886. Outside of reset day and maybe a clean-up period, Destiny is more-or-less going on the back burner once baby Sunbro brings me Guardian Lord.

yeah I agree with you. Seems like it's the lack of content in addition to everything else that's becoming a major deal breaker now. But we will see...Maybe people, def including myself, are jumping the gun.

I think this is one reason they are delaying it, to make sure HoW is really something special. At least....I hope....

Comet has the chance to be small potatoes if its like everything else. 6 hours or less of a dry single player with no real motivation to complete aside from being able to do new strikes and a raid. And a raid that possibly will be so buggy and bland that nobody wants to play it.

That's destiny though. It's what it is. I doubt it's ever gonna change really. I expect the same
From destiny 2. Maybe this is all that they are capable of making. Given time, resources, and talent this is what it will always be. I'm done dreaming of "something special". If only they were half as good at making a game as they are marketing it

GameInformer has clarified in their article on the Activision earning call that those 16 million players are from active accounts that play approximately 3 hours per day.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/02/05/destiny-has-16-million-registered-users-playing-an-average-of-three-hours-daily.aspx?utm_content=buffer0e2b9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Also:

More like
|OT18|Their Kick, Our Balls

Jinjo

Also:

From the article:

On average, Destiny players are spending three hours in the game.

Per what? Day? Week? Total amount played for each account? If it's the latter (which is how I am interpreting it) that's an abyssmal number.

Namikaze1

House of Wolves needs to be great. It needs to be. If the May date is true, then Bungie will need to do their best in pulling people away from these games:

Mortal Kombat X - April
Bloodborne - March
Witcher 3 - May 19
Batman Arkham Knight - June 2

I think May 19 is the rumored date for HoW. Good luck getting anyone to play that on Witcher Day.

Top Bottom