• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

rNilla

Maybe this is why I keep getting Pulse rifles on consecutive Nightfalls. All this time I thought I was being trolled, they were simply preparing me for the future.

Me too (and vendor packages). Unfortunately I didn't have room for any of that garbage.

ocean

Banned
I guess I should upgrade that CE PR then. The only two Pulse Rifles I have are that and Red Death. Never shot a single bullet with either of them though, it was drop->vault automatically.

cilonen

We were talking about this the other day after scrubbing it up for 30+ minutes on an Atheon kill. We were still all laughing and having a grand ol' time because it didn't feel cheap and artificial. I don't think you can overstate how boring the forced-underleveling is for HM CE. All Lv32 enemies with Lv33 Scrota to still make sword damage reasonable would have been sooo much more tolerable.

Yeah the stuff I've been hearing about Evolve is discouraging. Just today I saw their new ad on YouTube was... live action, eww.... and the nail was driven in a bit more. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I was there, but why we were still having fun didn't dawn on me until later and I'd gone offline :)

Maybe this is why I keep getting Pulse rifles on consecutive Nightfalls. All this time I thought I was being trolled, they were simply preparing me for the future.

hahahaha shards/energy/coins for me lately. I thought I was being trolled and I'm still correct. Damnit!

MildSoss

I'm starting to wonder if bungie even plays their own game anymore, if they did they'd see how shit AR's are in Pve. Now they're going to be practically useless.

Depends on the distance I suppose, but it comes off as more of the "you're playing this all wrong" attitude they seem to constantly have.

I don't see why they didn't just tackle the problematic FRs (Murmur, PROTONE.1., Plan C, Light of the Abyss) in PvP. Clusters aren't really that common to what they've talked about with players in PvP, and depending on the spread it may put them in Shotgun territory that rules out FRs altogether.

Here's something...in a mode where Titans and Warlocks tend to have gigantic defense/offense advantages over Hunters (won't make me stop being frabjous though) through abilities and supers and map design is already not so great, why not just buff shit to the level of stuff instead of continuously paring it down?

I get that they are forcing us to stop using A as much so we start using B, C, and D more, but I don't find that productive and true to the spirit of what I've played of the game in both Vanguard and Crucible.

If you get it, let me know and we can do some co-op! BL2 is a blast but yeah I probably put the same amount of hours in as you but still didn't get as deep into it as I wanted to before I moved on to other games. Plus I never played any of the DLCs which are included with the PS4 version.

Yea I'll definitely let you know!

Jinjo

Afaik Division doesn't even have a release date yet. BBorne sadly has another ~45 days to go. ;_; Would have been perfect timing if BB kept the original Feb. release but I'm always glad for games to get more time in the oven. Here's hoping the Order is good, I guess? I'll be playing Bayonetta 2 on Jinjo's recommendation!

Good man!

I don't know what else is coming out soon though. I guess Bloodborne yeah, but that's not a heavily community driven game (also I suck at PvP in Dark Souls lol). The Division is definitely the only Destiny-like game that's coming up which might move (part of) the community.

MildSoss

So the joke was really on me for laughing at you for those nightfall pulse rifles. LOL

lt519

I was already going casual
filthy
until HoW but now I may extend my two week hiatus until the dust settles from this patch.

Tapiozona

Banned
So what's the best pulse rifle? Red death seems great with the perks but I don't think 10% more damage is enough to make it any good.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just read the update. Confirming a Q2 date for the next DLC is BRUTAL. Tbh I'm not sure the game can survive it, as many of us are already burned out. Now we have to wait up to 4 months for anything remotely new? Ummmm....

The saddest part is the fact that they could easily introduce new content between now and then. For whatever reason, they refuse to. As much as we all love the game, it's a long time to wait.

Re: the weapons patch, I give that a big boo. I'm not a fan of nerfing autos and hand cannons. I don't know anyone that ever said either were too strong in any part of the game.

Reads weekly update.
Pre-orders the order.

RAD announces they are nerfing the triple barreled, explosive round shotgun to instead fire balls of cotton candy fluff.

I'd go for it.
So what's the best pulse rifle? Red death seems great with the perks but I don't think 10% more damage is enough to make it any good.

Probably Bad Juju. Someone had a list in |OT|16...maybe Hawkian.

Well, those nerfs will finally push me to leave the game. I loved playing Crucible as I'm primarily a PvP / shooter kind of guy... what other recent shooter games are good out there right now?

Keep in mind I've been inside a Destiny bubble for months so I haven't kept up with gaming news.

hmm good question. The Last of Us MP is great and very underrated imo, although completely different vibe than Destiny in addition to obviously being 3rd person. Battlefield 4 is pretty stable nowadays from what I hear. I don't have an X1 but I imagine Halo MCC would be good if they've finally fixed it by now.... I'm as far behind on recent games as anybody though :)

Lnkn52

aGJ1hXS.jpg

void666

Banned
I just now realized my primaries for PVE are all hand cannons. I don't use auto rifles anymore. Except for Atheon's epilogue when i need to shoot some oracles. All other AR are crap for PVE. It takes forever to kill.

For me the guns and gunplay in this game have always been the big draw. Right now I've been going through an AR phase and I've been enjoying (cherishing) my vanquisher, up for anything, and abyss defiant. It really sucks knowing they nerfed them yet again. It really makes me not wanna play the game. It's kind of painful cause you play and "work" hard for your weapons. This is especially the case when you know a nerf is the last thing they need in PVE

My last two legendary drops were vanisher viii's. I was so excited, and now I'm not. No statistics to back it up, that's just the way it is.

Oh, no! I did se Kadey's Definitive method for guaranteed Hawkmoon drop that you giffed and posted though :-D

There is definitely more to Knight duty than just dancing in the bubble. Props to cilonen for this clutch save (from the video you'd uploaded):

vJaVOV.gif

You re-aggroed that Boomer lickety-split before he had a chance to finish me off, and it turned out to be the winning run!

Jinjo

hmm good question. The Last of Us MP is great and very underrated imo, although completely different vibe than Destiny in addition to obviously being 3rd person. Battlefield 4 is pretty stable nowadays from what I hear. I don't have an X1 but I imagine Halo MCC would be good if they've finally fixed it by now.... I'm as far behind on recent games as anybody though :)

Dude you play TLOU? I absolutely loved that multiplayer to death. One of my faves. I played that almost every single day on PS3 & 4 up until Destiny.

Got pretty into Battlefield 4 for a while, but I imagine myself raging pretty hard at my lack of skills right now lol. So I'm not gonna bother getting into that again.

Well, those nerfs will finally push me to leave the game. I loved playing Crucible as I'm primarily a PvP / shooter kind of guy... what other recent shooter games are good out there right now?

Keep in mind I've been inside a Destiny bubble for months so I haven't kept up with gaming news.

I'm definitely down for some TLOU MP! It's so good. It's probably the most intense MP PvP I've played since Socom 2.

Edit: Jinjo above as well

Let's me honesty here. The nerf is a bad move besides the PR buff, move. However to me its meh. Bungie has not indicate any intend to fix the glitches that plague hard mode. Even the heavy ammo glitch MIGHT be release next month. Instead it appears alot more bullet sponges is the way to go..I feel like this is the last few nails in the coffin. At this point the majority of destinyGAF already reach the peak of everything and there's noting to really gain. With no true content, extremely paper thin content and a lot of games releasing soon, a lot of players will be dropping the game. I will still do the raids since they are fun
fuck hard mode crota
but the desire to countine to grind for...?

Either way destinygaf feels like my home thread on Neogaf and its a shame seeing the community disgruntled.

Jinjo

I'm definitely down for some TLOU MP! It's so good. It's probably the most intense MP PvP I've played since Socom 2.

Edit: Jinjo above as well

Let's do this soon. I bought the latest DLC but never got 'round to using the new guns extensively. Time to dust of the old burst rifle.

Edit: Real top of the page pressure.

Dude you play TLOU? I absolutely loved that multiplayer to death. One of my faves. I played that almost every single day on PS3 & 4 up until Destiny.

Got pretty into Battlefield 4 for a while, but I imagine myself raging pretty hard at my lack of skills right now lol. So I'm not gonna bother getting into that again.

TLOU MP is easily the best MP I've ever played. It's so underrated that it should be a felony... or something...

Nice, glad to hear TLOU getting love. I got both MP faction trophies on PS3 and PS4. The slower paced, strategic style is much more up my alley than the lightning fast TTK Destiny hullabaloo.

Frostburn

Let's me honesty here. The nerf is a bad move besides the PR buff, move. However to me its meh. Bungie has not indicate any intend to fix the glitches that plague hard mode. Even the heavy ammo glitch MIGHT be release next month. Instead it appears alot more bullet sponges is the way to go..I feel like this is the last few nails in the coffin. At this point the majority of destinyGAF already reach the peak of everything and there's noting to really gain. With no true content, extremely paper thin content and a lot of games releasing soon, a lot of players will be dropping the game. I will still do the raids since they are fun
fuck hard mode crota

Either way destinygaf feels like my home thread on Neogaf and its a shame seeing the community disgruntled.

I'm in the same boat as you, hopefully we can stick together with other games and come back for HoW whenever that actually gets released, until then... not too much for us to do.

Let's do this soon. I bought the latest DLC but never got 'round to using the new guns extensively. Time to dust of the old burst rifle.

TLOU MP is easily the best MP I've ever played. It's so underrated that it should be a felony... or something...

Nice, glad to hear TLOU getting love. I got both MP faction trophies on PS3 and PS4. The slower paced, strategic style is much more up my alley than the lightning fast TTK Destiny hullabaloo.

I'm so upset I never bothered to check it out for PS3 but it's mainly what I did on the PS4 version. But yea, let's do it soon!

Edit: I never understood the quests you have to choose when events happened during the week or whatever X_X

Ambitious

Huh. I did a bunch of Roc strikes in the last hour. I just met one of the randoms from one of the strikes in the Tower. What a coincidence. I guess right now there aren't many players from my region online.

hydruxo

Sometimes I think Bungie only nerfs/buffs weapons to stay busy. Pulse Rifles needed a buff, and have needed one for a very long time, but otherwise they could've just left things the same and it'd be fine. It's frustrating to have whole weapon classes that you use alot to become less effective, and this has happened multiple times. I wish they'd stop nerfing things and instead bring everything on a level playing field.

10% damage buff is significant, its the difference between vanilla exotics and 331 dmg exotics. A 331 dmg Red Death after the buff would be roughly equivalent to 360 dmg weapon of itself pre-buff.

fuck hard mode crota

People are disgruntled because Bungie seem to care a lot about how people play their game. For some reason, it bothers them that 20% of the people who play destiny use AR's, even though I'm sure this stat is probably even higher in other modern fps. I don't understand this obsession they seem to have about how we play their game. It really rubs people the wrong way

It comes across as "hey you like to use this weapon in PVE, here lets nerf it so you won't enjoy it as much anymore"

Jinjo

I'm so upset I never bothered to check it out for PS3 but it's mainly what I did on the PS4 version. But yea, let's do it soon!

Obligatory: "Do you even burstfire?"-vid

I hope this link works.

Edit: better link

fuck hard mode crota

Wait, Rawr. . buddy. . what happened? What bad news are you talking about?

cilonen

There is definitely more to Knight duty than just dancing in the bubble. Props to cilonen for this clutch save (from the video you'd uploaded):

vJaVOV.gif

You re-aggroed that Boomer lickety-split before he had a chance to finish me off, and it turned out to be the winning run!

Fantastic :-D Thanks man!

I'd been figuring out that you didn't need to sniper to aggro them the last couple of runs before that, sustained fire over a longer duration seemed more reliable for me than spaced out sniper shots. A burst of AR fire forced them to focus on me.

And that goes right back to my comment earlier about Bungie must have noticed I was having too much fun with an AR in the raid and nerfed them.

Top Bottom