• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Looking to run a flawless raider tonight for the trophy, have a group of four that have run both raids into the ground, need two more, or one of your kind souls who've already completed it to guide us.

Edit: looks like we just need 1.

So now when I am LFGing, do I put "gatekeepers" as my checkpoint or "gorgon's maze"?

What is the most effective way to find a group in the hive-mind's experience? I would join a group here, but I am pretty sure I am just not up to snuff skill/knowledge-wise.

Say your CP is Gate Keepers. For doing VoG, I imagine there aren't too many restrictions when looking for LFG groups, especially if you are doing normal mode. Hard mode is definitely another beast if it's your first time. Just be wary of any LFG groups making lots of demands for members to be allowed to join (i.e. must have maxed GHorn, IceB, Lv32, etc etc).

Don't worry about joining in with groups here, I promise we won't judge and berate you for not being an obsessive weirdo like us
(me)
! But seriously, there are many people around here who are happy to sherpa newer players through raids, VoG especially. Although Xbox is much less represented here than PS4, as I'm sure you've noticed by now.

House of Wolves needs to be great. It needs to be. If the May date is true, then Bungie will need to do their best in pulling people away from these games:

Mortal Kombat X - April
Bloodborne - March
Witcher 3 - May 19
Batman Arkham Knight - June 2

I think May 19 is the rumored date for HoW. Good luck getting anyone to play that on Witcher Day.

Evolve - Next Tuesday. I am looking forward to it, hopefully I see some of my lonely boners play it too.

What is the luckiest people have been in the Strike Playlist (Tiger/ROC)? I've never ever gotten a Legendary drop in a ROC Strike but seen a billion other players get something. Destiny RNGesus is a mongrel as it is but that's a bit daft.

Got The Last Word from a Roc strike. Already had one, but it's the only exotic drop I've ever got from a strike.

Looking to run a flawless raider tonight for the trophy, have a group of four that have run both raids into the ground, need two more, or one of your kind souls who've already completed it to guide us.

Edit: looks like we just need 1.

Do Normal Crota's End for flawless. There's no comparison whatsoever. More Titans the better, although one Hunter for extra-easy sword slashing is nice too. Should be easy to down Scrota in 2 swords, even if slicing him conservatively. Having 1 person solo the abyss while everyone else stays up top can be nice, but it's not hard to do legit either especially with Titans.

Edit: normally I'd be happy to help on a flawless run but if you are looking to start now-soonish I won't be able to get back online until later tonight. It's so easy that anyone here can do it just fine. If you have a death at the bridge or later, just finish it through as a practice run and make sure your strats are set for each section. Even a wipe on Scrota only takes ~20 minutes to get back to him. The brevity of CE is the key over VoG, but it's also straight up easier.

SkylineRKR

What is the luckiest people have been in the Strike Playlist (Tiger/ROC)? I've never ever gotten a Legendary drop in a ROC Strike but seen a billion other players get something. Destiny RNGesus is a mongrel as it is but that's a bit daft.

Last Word, MIDA and Truth after ROC strikes.

Fatebringer got hit too

I'll make it work..

tumblr_ls3hxeVzsB1qddko5.gif

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
yeah that shit is really snide . everyone knows what the community wants, noone asked for this. maybe a few ragers in pvp that's it.

Nah, the FR range was stupid. It's supposed to be like a medium ranged shotgun but it simply wasn't functioning that way. Same goes for ARs - they're intended to become less accurate at long range but they weren't. They're essentially rapid fire scout rifles without the nerf.

Daemul

Bungie should also put the tagline back then.

This is what I want the most.

The Red Death being neutered in the exotics patch was painful, but the "Guardian Killer" tagline getting removed felt like a dagger going through my heart. Now my beloved is returning to me in it's full glory, and hopefully, it's tagline as well.

That's destiny though. It's what it is. I doubt it's ever gonna change really. I expect the same
From destiny 2
I'm hoping they will get it together. I don't think bungie was ready/expected people to play the content as much as they did. Lack of content is real, but something that can be overcome. FF14 is kind of a good comparison IMO. When it first came out everyone said it was awful, but they have really turned it around since then. I think they probably just have the majority of their team working on destiny 2 , so I have a feeling most of what we will be getting will indeed be more of the same. I , for one, at least feel like I've certainly gotten my money worth.

I got a Hawkmoon from a Tiger strike. That's the second time I ever got an Exotic from a reward screen. The first time was a MIDA Multi tool from a Nightfall. I know I got to rank 4 the second time Iron Banner was around and the best thing I got from there was a blue engram.

Namikaze1

I've gotten a ship, many legendary engrams, and three exotics. One of the exotics is a Plan C. Can't remember the other two.

Wallach

House of Wolves needs to be great. It needs to be. If the May date is true, then Bungie will need to do their best in pulling people away from these games:

Mortal Kombat X - April
Bloodborne - March
Witcher 3 - May 19
Batman Arkham Knight - June 2

I think May 19 is the rumored date for HoW. Good luck getting anyone to play that on Witcher Day.

I don't think I would expect gangbusters performance from Witcher 3 in the console arena. If anything CDPR would probably not be excited to launch alongside Destiny DLC.

Do Normal Crota's End for flawless. There's no comparison whatsoever. More Titans the better, although one Hunter for extra-easy sword slashing is nice too. Should be easy to down Scrota in 2 swords, even if slicing him conservatively. Having 1 person solo the abyss while everyone else stays up top can be nice, but it's not hard to do legit either especially with Titans.

Edit: normally I'd be happy to help on a flawless run but if you are looking to start now-soonish I won't be able to get back online until later tonight. It's so easy that anyone here can do it just fine. If you have a death at the bridge or later, just finish it through as a practice run and make sure your strats are set for each section. Even a wipe on Scrota only takes ~20 minutes to get back to him. The brevity of CE is the key over VoG, but it's also straight up easier.

It's not gonna happen until at least 7 pacific time, I was just posting well in advance.

Iceman829

Long-time lurker (XBone Titan 31), tried my first raid (VoG) a few nights ago with some randoms.

We got to the jumping puzzle.

So now when I am LFGing, do I put "gatekeepers" as my checkpoint or "gorgon's maze"?

What is the most effective way to find a group in the hive-mind's experience? I would join a group here, but I am pretty sure I am just not up to snuff skill/knowledge-wise.

Let me know if you need help. I can also help walk you through any of the content if you need it. There is a possibility I might lootwhore your drops though. I'm also known to make it rain exotics if I'm in a good mood. Xbox GT is same as my name and I normally play in the evening.

SkylineRKR

That release list looks legit.

I just forgot about MKX, want to play it so bad, lol. Its not far away.

But Bloodborne + Dark Souls 2 + Witcher is going to kill me. Also can't resist REv 2 and isn't Ultra SFIV slated for Spring?

I'm hoping they will get it together. I don't think bungie was ready/expected people to play the content as much as they did. Lack of content is real, but something that can be overcome. FF14 is kind of a good comparison IMO. When it first came out everyone said it was awful, but they have really turned it around since then. I think they probably just have the majority of their team working on destiny 2 , so I have a feeling most of what we will be getting will indeed be more of the same. I , for one, at least feel like I've certainly gotten my money worth.

Not just the lack of content but the way the story was presented was just so painfully bad. They sold this game as an epic space odyssy. I've been watching the pre launch marketing videos for this game and it's iust been reminding me how disappointing this game really ended up being. All the talk about "exploration" when the maps are really not that big when you compare them to a fps game like far cry 4.

So yes, I've gotten more than my money's worth with this game but that doesn't make it any less disapponting

Qwell

I know in the end these nerfs won't really effect the dps numbers too much, but it still annoys the hell out of me especially since they are looking at PVP charts and having the changes affect the PVE game. What is even more aggravating is that they then close comments on that bit of news since I'm sure they got a huge backlash as can be seen on their main update from Deej.

I'm not too upset that they have weapon tweaks while still having other bugs since I'm sure they are actually different departments within the company, they even mention the guy who wrote the weapon update as the resident weapon balance guy. But the sweeping changes that effect PVP and PVE at the same time are just stupid. If they really want to balance PVP, they should do more of a standard weapon loadout, or perhaps go old school and go with weapon pick-ups or something.

I can't remember the last time I used an AR, even my Suros Regimes are pretty much vaulted (don't get me started on vault space gadmalhgadkarjelkjad!!2lkaj1!) in favor of Scouts and HC for the range and dps in PVE.

cilonen

Yeah, exactly the same for me. All the regulars were taking time away already, the nerfs aren't a big deal in and of themselves but rather reinforce this trend of Bungie ignoring the community and putting their efforts into things we don't care about that much.

I'd deal with the grind, I'd get over the nerfs, I'd re-level my exotics every expansion... if that expansion came with a VoG-tier raid or better. It's always been about the content and they cut it way, way too thin with TDB. Hopefully they realize this which explains the long wait for HoW, but these types of updates and glacial to non-existent bug fixes support the theory that most of the manpower has moved on to Destiny 2.

The TDB and HoW strikes and story missions were on your disc at launch. The only hope has ever been the new raids. But CE was a clear indicator to me that, while the main 4(?)-man raid team was likely still there, they didn't have nearly the same support staff and/or development time to bring their vision to life.

I'm also worried about what the tweaks say about their use of the data they are mining to shape and tailor the game to how we play.

Deej drops hints about this team watching the stats and figuring out better ways to play based off what we do most, but there is absolutely no knowledge or understanding of why we're doing what we are doing.

At the most basic level what if they looked at us all glimmer farming at the Gatekeepers and thought "they love the shit out of that bit" and we get wall to wall gatekeeper-like sections in a forthcoming Vex raid. It's a hyperbolic example but I don't really trust them not to do silly stuff anymore.

You are spot on about how thin the content is too. Having played both raids, the way CE is it just doesn't feel like a culmination. I'm willing to bet that the original structure of the game ran along the lines of:

Code:
Earth -> Fallen, introduce the Hive invasion, culminate with big set piece 
against the Fallen in the Cosmodrome (Sepiks Prime) -> Moon to find the source of 
the hive, Find out about Crota -> big set piece Hive battle (Crota's End) -> Venus for unknown
 reasons (exo stranger is a sticking plaster over the massive cuts to the 
original vision) -> Reef, introduce awoken, introduce Queen's Fallen posse -> kill 
gate lord --> back to reef where Queen's fallen have gone rogue, you owe her a favor 
so chase them over earth, the moon and Venus before the big Venus Fallen (now HoW)
 set piece raid -> Mars, really poorly fleshed out Cabal and Black Garden -> sends you to 
the source of the Vex at the Vault of Glass and Atheon.

I don't think they were able to pull off this sequence of events (or something like it) in the time they had and had to get the game out, so butchered it into what we ended up getting and as they are finishing bits we're getting them as DLC with new lore to patch them in to the overall universe. It's why some of the content was already on the disc, and why Mars feels so odd (like the map area between the transit station in freehold up the hill towards where the vex confluence is that was empty for months after launch until they added a couple of Vex spawns there around the time of TDB). I think they ran out of time doing Mars, the shit hit the fan, people left and it was salvaged into what we now know as Destiny.

Namikaze1

That release list looks legit.

I just forgot about MKX, want to play it so bad, lol. Its not far away.

But Bloodborne + Dark Souls 2 + Witcher is going to kill me. Also can't resist REv 2 and isn't Ultra SFIV slated for Spring?
I didn't add DkS2 or USFIV since they're ports but they'll still drive some folks away from Destiny. DkS2 is gonna drive some Xbox folks away since PS4 folks will be too busy with BB to even bother with DkS2.

jaaz

Um, if that May date is true, this current "content" isn't going to hold anyone over for over 3.5 months. We have gone well beyond amateur hour at Bungie...

SkylineRKR

Red Death is the best pulse rifle without question. Its pretty much the Gjallarhorn of PR. Far above any other I've toyed with.

I didn't add DkS2 or USFIV since they're ports but they'll still drive some folks away from Destiny. DkS2 is gonna drive some Xbox folks away since PS4 folks will be too busy with BB to even bother with DkS2.

I skipped DkS2 because of no PS3 anymore so for me its a first time and the 60fps + improvements article put it very close to BB in terms of hype for me personally.

Yo, if this nerf fucks up my TLW I'm out. Bungie got me once when they nerfed the Suros and I went through a week or two without anything that could surefire back me up when carrying the scrub teams I'm on.

Now that I run nothing but TLW, and I feel like it fits me even better than the Suros I can't deal with them screwing it over as well.

Sorry, AR whiners and co may not like TLW (HC) domination but it's not like TLW is easy to use.

Let me continue to mow down bad players Bungie.

Jinjo

How I imagine Bungie devs seeing player reaction after every
bad
changes they make to the game:

7pyAQNR.gif

joecanada

Nah, the FR range was stupid. It's supposed to be like a medium ranged shotgun but it simply wasn't functioning that way. Same goes for ARs - they're intended to become less accurate at long range but they weren't. They're essentially rapid fire scout rifles without the nerf.

its still a waste of resources , of which bungie has made it clear they have very strict use of ....
who cares? nerf one, two more take its place... nerf FR then I take out a shotgun with long range, high impact or TLW
Nerf AR , I use Mida multitool, Bad Juju, and more melee... it wont change a thing. In fact I'm going to love bad juju + void walker, be prepared for void bomb spam.

also the high skilled players won't be using AR already, so it won't matter. Effredits Spear with final round? even more devastating now don't even have to dodge AR bullets.

Mindlog

I don't mind most of the nerfs. I just don't like the philosophy of shoehorning ARs into a specific role with some very arbitrary penalties. Why wouldn't an autorifle be the preferred weapon? That's an autorifle's primary role.
Besides, I hate spamming the fire button :\
Goals:

Auto Rifle is optimal at close to medium range
That's a Fusion Rifle.

My first exotic drop was, Suros.
Then all the kids started using it and it got nerfed .
My second favorite Crucible weapon was, Thorn.
Then it got buffed (WTF?) Then all the kids started using it and now I fear the HC nerf.
Now I'm looking at Bad Juju.
/keikaku achieved.

Increase damage by 2x (100%) against all non-Guardian combatants (aliens)
Well, duh. Finally nice to see more movement on the co-op vs pvp end of things. Autorifles are getting kind of dumb in PvE so maybe they'll get a modifier too.
"Why did you “nerf” my favorite weapon? Why not make the other ones better and leave mine alone?"

Good question!
That is not a good question and you know it.
:smug:
ice breaker backlash is nuts, it's phenomenal
I rarely ever have to choose between Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn. They work great together. I have a lot of great snipers, but I'll always have an Icebreaker for when I run out of ammo.
I think this is one reason they are delaying it, to make sure HoW is really something special. At least....I hope....
The bitter side wants to suggest that this is their solution to the rapid obsoleting problem. "See, we listened. Your upgrades lasted five months and now we can turn the grind machine back on again." I don't believe that's true... They delayed it to add more content... It was never delayed because Q2 was always the planned release date because there is so much content that they're going to add.

Finally. Nerf the Necochasm. That OP POS needs to be knocked down a peg or five.
How much would I have to pay to see the percentage of players that have the Necrochasm vs the numbers that actively use it? I bet it's lower than Praedyth's Timepiece.

Top Bottom