• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

I'm hoping they will get it together. I don't think bungie was ready/expected people to play the content as much as they did. Lack of content is real, but something that can be overcome. FF14 is kind of a good comparison IMO. When it first came out everyone said it was awful, but they have really turned it around since then. I think they probably just have the majority of their team working on destiny 2 , so I have a feeling most of what we will be getting will indeed be more of the same. I , for one, at least feel like I've certainly gotten my money worth.

I have gotten my moneys worth, it is my most played game ever. more so than FF7 back in the day trying to gear up to kill the weopons. but it seems like Bungie is actively trying to make there game less appealing all the time. they could have litterly done nothing from the get go and it would have been fine, but instead they continuiously release updates making it worse all the time. why do they feel the need to sabatoge thier own game. is it some kind of social experiment just to see how much will take before we rage?

weopon nerfing
hard crota
grinding for new currencies

these are all bad things, but it seems like the things they are all proud of. I really wish I could understand the meaning behind all of this becuase it makes no sense to me. its like a GF treating you badly to get you to break up with her so she doesnt hurt your feelings. but than laughs at you all the time.

joecanada

so lets just say the 9.7 % pr buff is actually useful..

anyone try praedyths timepiece out much? impressions?

I have a super pox as well with some good perks, anyone use the pox?

RdN

Great that they are increasing the Pulse Rifle damage.

I got one a couple days ago and it's my only Legendary 331 damage weapon, so it's nice to know that it might be useful in the near future.

lunlunqq

Finally. Nerf the Necochasm. That OP POS needs to be knocked down a peg or five.
How much would I have to pay to see the percentage of players that have the Necrochasm vs the numbers that actively use it? I bet it's lower than Praedyth's Timepiece.

Exactly. While we are at it. They definitely need to nerf No Land Beyond, too. Who the heck ar Bungie thought putting such a game breaking OP gun in is a good idea??!?!?!!

It's not gonna happen until at least 7 pacific time, I was just posting well in advance.

Ok, right on. I will keep an eye on the thread. I always try to give priority to people who still need the trophy especially now that flawless is so much easier in CE. But if you still need/want someone experienced hopefully I'll be able to hop in real quick and we can bust it out quick.

Code:
Earth -> Fallen, introduce the Hive invasion, culminate with big set piece 
against the Fallen in the Cosmodrome (Sepiks Prime) -> Moon to find the source of 
the hive, Find out about Crota -> big set piece Hive battle (Crota's End) -> Venus for unknown
 reasons (exo stranger is a sticking plaster over the massive cuts to the 
original vision) -> Reef, introduce awoken, introduce Queen's Fallen posse -> kill 
gate lord --> back to reef where Queen's fallen have gone rogue, you owe her a favor 
so chase them over earth, the moon and Venus before the big Venus Fallen (now HoW)
 set piece raid -> Mars, really poorly fleshed out Cabal and Black Garden -> sends you to 
the source of the Vex at the Vault of Glass and Atheon.

I don't think they were able to pull off this sequence of events (or something like it) in the time they had and had to get the game out, so butchered it into what we ended up getting and as they are finishing bits we're getting them as DLC with new lore to patch them in to the overall universe.

Man, you are so right about how much of an improvement that sequence would be. Having CE as the first raid would have helped so much. It would flesh out the content really well (CE is still better than the stories and strikes after all) and function as a natural progression into the real end game of the Vex and VoG. CE's limitations would have been more forgivable and finally reaching Atheon at the end of all that would have felt even more triumphant. They wouldn't have to hide behind level scaling to make CE seem "hard", etc. etc.

Damn, so many missed opportunities with this game.

Yo, if this nerf fucks up my TLW I'm out. Bungie got me once when they nerfed the Suros and I went through a week or two without anything that could surefire back me up when carrying the scrub teams I'm on.

Now that I run nothing but TLW, and I feel like it fits me even better than the Suros I can't deal with them screwing it over as well.

Sorry, AR whiners and co may not like TLW (HC) domination but it's not like TLW is easy to use.

Let me continue to mow down bad players Bungie.

Yeah TLW takes time to master. It really isn't an easy weapon to use but once you learn to use it well it's so satisfying

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, those nerfs will finally push me to leave the game. I loved playing Crucible as I'm primarily a PvP / shooter kind of guy... what other recent shooter games are good out there right now?

Keep in mind I've been inside a Destiny bubble for months so I haven't kept up with gaming news.
Was really nice playing with you Rubenov :)
DestinyGAF right now:

oDWrztc.jpg

In particular Hawkmoon GAF lol
lol I'm alright. the range is a little silly in the Crucible. just a shame it all has to cross to pve.

Ok, right on. I will keep an eye on the thread. I always try to give priority to people who still need the trophy especially now that flawless is so much easier in CE. But if you still need/want someone experienced hopefully I'll be able to hop in real quick and we can bust it out quick.

Man, you are so right about how much of an improvement that sequence would be. Having CE as the first raid would have helped so much. It would flesh out the content really well (CE is still better than the stories and strikes after all) and function as a natural progression into the real end game of the Vex and VoG. CE's limitations would have been more forgivable and finally reaching Atheon at the end of all that would have felt even more triumphant. They wouldn't have to hide behind level scaling to make CE seem "hard", etc. etc.

Nice, thanks I'll post when we get a definitive time hammered down

Namikaze1

Here's a list of games, both rumored and scheduled, releasing in April-May:

April
7 Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
7 Etrian Mystery Dungeon
14 Mortal Kombat X
15 Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
28 State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition
TBA Mighty No. 9
TBA Queen At Arms
TBA WAS The Hourglass of Lepidoptera
TBA Galactic Civilizations III
TBA Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

May
19 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
26 Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
TBA Chaos Reborn
TBA Splatoon
TBA Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition

June
2 Batman: Arkham Knight
9 The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
TBA Lego: Jurassic World

Should've gone with an early March release, Bungie.

Not just the lack of content but the way the story was presented was just so painfully bad. They sold this game as an epic space odyssy. I've been watching the pre launch marketing videos for this game and it's iust been reminding me how disappointing this game really ended up being. All the talk about "exploration" when the maps are really not that big when you compare them to a fps game like far cry 4.

So yes, I've gotten more than my money's worth with this game but that doesn't make it any less disapponting

I agree with that sentiment 100%

Namikaze1

...well, wait, what is it you're showing that's supposed to be competing with House of Wolves? Witcher 3?
Bungie is planning to launch it in quarter 2. If the rumored May 19 date is true, they will be competing with Witcher 3. Then they have Batman to deal with. They will be releasing between two of the biggest game of the year. Good luck to Bungie.

Jinjo

Was really nice playing with you Rubenov :)

lol I'm alright. the range is a little silly in the Crucible. just a shame it all has to cross to pve.

Yeah, exactly. I said it since day 1 and I'll say it again. Shared weapon stats for PvE and PvP is the single greatest mistake Bungie made with this game. Okay, maybe there are more of these mistakes lol. But the PvE weapon balance should remain untouched. You definitely notice the lack of effectiveness with AR's in PvE already. Even the SUROS increased damage during bottom half of the mag was PvP driven and the nerf actually hurts the gun in PvE most of all.

Don't worry they'll nerf it to hell next patch

Looks like we're gonna have another Vex situation in our hands pretty soon. Kneejerk nerf included that will totally ruin the gun and take them months to fix. We're nearly full circle again. We just need a new exotic patch after that followed by news the day after that everyone basicly has to start over again for HoW lol.

bitsurugi

TLOU MP is easily the best MP I've ever played. It's so underrated that it should be a felony... or something...

Couldn't agree more. Played a lot last summer, when ps3 version released, it is really a unique experience and very rewarding esp 2 fireteams battling each other in mind games.

cilonen

Yeah, exactly. There are little hints still in the game too, like at the end of Shrine of Oryx where you destroy the device in the shrine and the ghost mentions "... It was talking to their God.. or King... or God-King"

What Destiny was supposed to be fascinates me almost more than what Destiny actually is. If they had got it close to what I think they were going for... with these shooting mechanics, man....

EL CUCO

...well, wait, what is it you're showing that's supposed to be competing with House of Wolves? Witcher 3?
Honestly, HoW scheduled for Q2 will give me enough time to play and possibly Platinum both The Order and BB.

I personally am not interested in any of those games from that list. Bungie gets a solid GG from me :)

I skipped DkS2 because of no PS3 anymore so for me its a first time and the 60fps + improvements article put it very close to BB in terms of hype for me personally.

DkS2 with all the DLC included from the get-go and the visual + FPS upgrades will be an amazing experience for any Souls fan that didn't play it yet. The 3 DLC areas are my top 3 sections of the entire game, they responded so well to community feedback and delivered big time on what vanilla DS2 was missing *cough Bungie cough*.

I'll buy it eventually but I already got a disc and digital copy on PS3 and put ~250 hours into it... so I'll be happy to replay it way down the road when I can get a cheap copy.

ethomaz

Banned
Guys. I need to do before the weekend.

2x Crota Hard Kill with Warlock lvl 32 and Hunter lvl 32
1x Possible CE Hard run with Titan lvl31

Gjllahorn with a lot of heavy ammo ;)

Yeah, exactly. I said it since day 1 and I'll say it again. Shared weapon stats for PvE and PvP is the single greatest mistake Bungie made with this game. Okay, maybe there are more of these mistakes lol. But the PvE weapon balance should remain untouched. You definitely notice the lack of effectiveness with AR's in PvE already. Even the SUROS increased damage during bottom half of the mag was PvP driven and the nerf actually hurts the gun in PvE most of all.

That bottom half of magazine perk on the suros was so good against majors. you aways knew you would get the kill before your mag emptied. This was pre all the nerds when the suros was a beautiful and elegant weapon in PVE. I still can't use it cause it's just too painful. PVE and PVP are completely different game modes with completely different weapon balancing needs. I can't believe they haven't figured this out yet. They can split the stats too. They just did it with the shotgun

Frostburn

Nami, Lik, Hawk.. Anyone want to come kill Crota HM? We are finishing up trash from Deathsinger and someone has to go. We have a good group, just need a replacement.

lunlunqq

Master, you are going to do another flawless run?

Mindlog

The Necrochasm doesn't even need a buff to be powerful. It needs a buff to be reasonably useful. The only exotic primary that's more useless to me is Universal Remote, but that's because I hate shotguns and I have better exotics to waste my primary ammo with. I'll use it for half of the next arc-burn Nightfall then after I stop laughing I'll go back to Fatebringer.
Especially since PvE ranges typically vary much more than PvP ranges.
It eerily feels a little bit like the Abyss Defiant DPS discussion. Idealized numbers taking too much priority over what really happens in-game.
Here's a list of games, both rumored and scheduled, releasing in April-May:

28 State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition
Forgot about that game. Even though it was very easy I had a lot of fun with that. Might have to pick up a One.

Ambitious

Having to kill the remaining adds after killing the Deathsinger is ridiculous. Six of us went down into the pit. Only one crawled.. oh for fuck's sake. All but one of us were dead, and obviously it took a goddamn eternity to kill dozens of level 33 Knights. So stupid.

Wallach

Bungie is planning to launch it in quarter 2. If the rumored May 19 date is true, they will be competing with Witcher 3. Then they have Batman to deal with. They will be releasing between two of the biggest game of the year. Good luck to Bungie.

The idea that console gamers really give a fuck about The Witcher, much less it being one of the biggest games of the year? Come on dude. Do you remember how The Witcher 2 did on 360? That game's release was a wet fart in the console space. This is not an arena they have weight to throw around.

Having to kill the remaining adds after killing the Deathsinger is ridiculous. Six of us went down into the pit. Only one crawled.. oh for fuck's sake. All but one of us were dead, and obviously it took a goddamn eternity to kill dozens of level 33 Knights. So stupid.

Need to make sure you're out of heavy ammo before facing Crota.

Jinjo

That bottom half of magazine perk on the suros was so good against majors. you aways knew you would get the kill before your mag emptied. This was pre all the nerds when the suros was a beautiful and elegant weapon in PVE. I still can't use it cause it's just too painful. PVE and PVP are completely different game modes with completely different weapon balancing needs. I can't believe they haven't figured this out yet. They can split the stats too. They just did it with the shotgun

Exactly. Pre-nerf Suros was a thing of beauty. Up there with Gjallarhorn in how good it was for an exotic. I loved using that thing in VoG, in everything PvE actually. It needed a range nerf and stuff for PvP yeah, but the practical use of the damage buff during low mag was very low in PvP anyway.

NeOak

I was going to come back to Destiny... then I read the 1.11 changes to weapons.

Uh... no. Bye.

RIP Mythoclast accuracy and using Fusion Rifles vs Shotgus. And RIP AR damage.

GG The Last Word too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
But those are extremely thin entries in terms of direct competition. I assume Witcher 3 will be great and hope it does well, and I hope Arkham Knight is good, but if we're looking at what Bungie is thinking from a release standpoint rather than a retention standpoint... I hadn't actually seen the list of upcoming released past March planned out like that... this might actually be a pretty solid business decision :/ Bloodborne is by far the game I've seen referenced by are internal community and that's a March release...

I mean when it comes to me-
Honestly, HoW scheduled for Q2 will give me enough time to play and possibly Platinum both The Order and BB.

I personally am not interested in any of those games from that list. Bungie gets a solid GG from me :)
was gonna say, lol.
The idea that console gamers really give a fuck about The Witcher, much less it being one of the biggest games of the year? Come on dude. Do you remember how The Witcher 2 did on 360? That game's release was a wet fart in the console space. This is not an arena they have weight to throw around.
ayup

Jinjo

I was going to come back to Destiny... then I read the 1.11 changes to weapons.

Uh... no. Bye.

RIP Mythoclast accuracy and using Fusion Rifles vs Shotgus. And RIP AR damage.

GG The Last Word too.

I haven't even stopped to think about the effects of fusion rifle nerfs on Mythoclast. That is worrying indeed. I doubt Bungie considered the effects of these buffs/nerfs on exotics. Damage buff on PR's makes Red Death a two shot/burst kill.

And my once beloved Suros is just a shell of its former self.

NeOak

I haven't even stopped to think about the effects of fusion rifle nerfs on Mythoclast. That is worrying indeed. I doubt Bungie considered the effects of these buffs/nerfs on exotics. Damage buff on PR's makes Red Death a two shot/burst kill.

If we go by how they destroyed the Mythoclast the first time... ugh.

Master, you are going to do another flawless run?

Terrordactyl has a group running tonight at 7pm PST/10 EST which I think only has one spot open. I'm sure you could hop in with them if that worked with everyone, or we could both join in there were 2 spots. Or if that timing/group doesn't work out then I could definitely help on another flawless run some night. We could even do it in place of the usual Fun Run raid if everybody was up for it. It's just normal CE, I'm sure that team could knock it out no problem. Colonel is a grizzled flawless vet at this point!

Just let me know what works for you, we'll definitely make sure you get in on a flawless run soon.

I'll be very interested to see how well Witcher 3 does, they're hyping it up and giving it a much bigger push. I was barely aware of the first two games but W3 seems to be swinging for the fences, trying to make that next big leap in popularity. If the combat system delivers on depth and responsiveness, and the world is fun and free to explore without too much yackety-sax dialogue/forced cut scenes, I'll be all over it.

Namikaze1

Yep. I remember Witcher 2 console and PC releasing simultaneously. Oh wait...

Anyone who wanted to play Witcher 2 would've gotten on PC by the time the 360 version released. Come on dude!

Top Bottom