• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Wouldn't a 6 month gap between house of wolves and comet be even worse though?

Hard to say. Really depends on the content in HoW and what they plan on doing in between that and Comet.

The more I think about it, the more I think they should have held TDB to mid January. Hard mode could have released a week after. They would have had more time to put polish on the whole thing in general. Maybe even have had time to develop a couple more exotics. Then a May release of HoW wouldn't sound so bad. But as it is now, with no word on any special events in between (Trials of Osiris sounds ok, but a lot of people aren't interested in Crucible), I think releasing any later than April is going to risk a huge drop off of the player base.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think it's a decent balancing update. I mean nothing they can do can make Crucible 'balanced' but glad they're at least trying. They have weapon usage data so based on that the updates make a little sense. I never use ARs in PvP so I can imagine people who use it getting pissed after the nerf. Personally I've never had any major problems with them so I think it's an unnecessary nerf.

The main problem for me was people using HCs, ARs and FRs as a sniper rifle, I mean that's just wrong and I am happy they are addressing this. It's fun to sit back and snipe with a HC but that just breaks the game.

Shotgun effectiveness in PvE increased? That's great. I still won't use them though. Trying to go up close to a bunch of lvl 30 yellow hobgoblins is suicide.

It'll make you want to cry

You are a great player, Rub. You will still kick ass after the AR nerf :p

not approximately, an average of 3 hours per day.

but.. yeah... 16 million

Eh, some statistical 'A' word that's still going to get ignored by most in their claims of "Beta' and 'free-trial' propping up the numbers (though I'm sure there's a few souls out there playing that much of the free trial').

Blood sugar was/is tanked when passing the word lol

Edit: And honestly DVPred, I'd agree if it weren't for past experience. We are at DefCon 2 here. Reports of ice have been received.

Another tuning patch that balances PvP at the expense of PvE.

Auto rifles in PvE may have been most common, but they were far far from optimal. Now they're going to be even less worthwhile. Your Nechrochasm just got nerfed. Gonna stop leveling Abyss Defiant. Shotguns getting a buff is cool, but won't be used for high level play like Hard Raids, Nightfalls or anything with light switch. And hand cannons. I really hope the changes are minimal. Fatebringer is the best gun I've ever used, eclipsing even the Godlike Halo 1 pistol. Please don't ruin it, Bungie.

My saltiness was just starting to fade too.

CLBridges

I knew the weekly would cause a bit of conversation. I just got Three Little Words pulse rifle so I'll keep it for now. Haven't even done any Crota HM this week, hopefully I'll get some time before reset, still missing the scout. And if HoW is really coming in May, go ahead and give us an outline of what's in store in between. Iron Banner is a given just hope some other activities/events are introduced.

Im on the boat for that,too. Not to mention Bloodbourne and The Order...plus Ive recently started playing Super Metroid again...
Gotta respect the Super Metroid...

Add to all the above the Metroid Trilogy, Demon's Souls, third of Dark Souls, and Infamous 2+Festival of Blood.

And that's the lighter end of the backlog.

Wallach

People here sleeping on Witcher 3. smdh

I don't recall Witcher 2 launching simultaneously across different platforms. I also don't recall it having the marketing budget Witcher 3 will have.

I'm not sleeping on anything, TW3 will do much better than their (wack-ass) previous effort in the console space not just because of the simultaneous launch and marketing push, but because it is filling a gap players are hungry for. I'm just being real about the mindshare this series has - they may as well be advertising a completely new IP in the console space, the series really has no clout whatsoever as a brand outside the PC market. You're talking about trying to catch the same lighting-in-a-bottle response Shadow of Mordor did without the benefit of the LotR license backing it. Hell, even that level of reception probably wouldn't impact HoW's performance to a significant degree.

The idea Bungie is supposed to be concerned about the DLC they are selling to maybe the largest active console user base in the entire market because of TW3 is silly. Their only real threat is their own performance between now and when it launches; their first challenge won't come until the following release when they are back to selling to their entire user base (i.e. post "season 1 pass" sales).

Nuszka

Just got back from work, seems a lot happened , need to read those weekly updates. I did glance through some comments and they do not seem to positive.

Having to kill the remaining adds after killing the Deathsinger is ridiculous. Six of us went down into the pit. Only one crawled.. oh for fuck's sake. All but one of us were dead, and obviously it took a goddamn eternity to kill dozens of level 33 Knights. So stupid.

It's called padding a 15min raid to 25min

Im on the boat for that,too. Not to mention Bloodbourne and The Order...plus Ive recently started playing Super Metroid again...
Gotta respect the Super Metroid...

I mean, I knew you were a man of refined tastes Greeny but now you took it to another level. We need a SM spiritual successor on the new 3DS, pronto. Get on it Nintendo.

phen0m24

Darn it Hawkian we need to know where we are on the Sine wave so we can properly assess panic levels.

We need a new "We are here" graphic

Dwalls

Neo Member
And if HoW is really coming in May, go ahead and give us an outline of what's in store in between. Iron Banner is a given just hope some other activities/events are introduced.

I'm not Bungie, but here you go: Nothing is in store.
Why does this thread believe Bungie is going to magically pull some actual new content out of their ass at some point? This is it guys, the same 5.5 hours of stuff you're already playing is what they expect you to burn another 800+ hours on, only slightly slower because our time to kill was too fast and we were having too much fun. At this point I feel like it's obvious they have nothing left, there is no ongoing development, at best, there's maintenance, and it's pretty poor maintenance at that. The next hour of faux content will be here come may and it will be as terrible as TDB was. I assure you, remember this post so I don't have to quote it when may rolls around. Enjoy rep grind nr 129929348828291993882991928819288bufferoverflowerror.

Another tuning patch that balances PvP at the expense of PvE.
That's been their problem from day one. PVE doesn't need any form of nerf. It amazes me that Bungie never thought of keeping the two separate. I believe WoW was the same at first until they implemented a balancing system where the two were separate. Would have thought someone would bring up the issue of keeping both modes the same in terms of balancing.

Either that or have PVP not carry any of the weapons that you own in PVE.

I got a 3rd character going and have another working for a 2nd Bad Juju to give to my new character

this news of Pulse rifle buff is nice

but the news of Auto nurf is a bummer;

LOL at the Iron Banner
iron_banner_graph.jpg

You can't blame people for using Suros Regime in Iron Banner when one of your Bounties was '' achieve Headshots using an Auto Rifle'''

Bungie is planning to launch it in quarter 2. If the rumored May 19 date is true, they will be competing with Witcher 3. Then they have Batman to deal with. They will be releasing between two of the biggest game of the year. Good luck to Bungie.
You keep saying the switcher but it's far from a big series. I doubt it will sell 1/10th of Destiny.

Lnkn52

That's been their problem from day one. PVE doesn't need any form of nerf. It amazes me that Bungie never thought of keeping the two separate. I believe WoW was the same at first until they implemented a balancing system where the two were separate. Would have thought someone would bring up the issue of keeping both modes the same in terms of balancing.

Either that or have PVP not carry any of the weapons that you own in PVE.
They bit more than they could chew. They are just catching up, fixing the game.

blazeuk

First VoG HM run this week actually dropped 2 exotics at Atheon for me; Vex and Red Death. The Vex Mytho took until last week to drop for me and I've had it in 3 runs since, Red Death I got 2 weeks ago and that's dropped 3 times for me now too. More importantly I've finally got every weapon from VoG, amazingly after giving up on ever getting it RNG decided it was my time to get the Fatebringer! Second VoG run wasn't very good though, it was pretty much all shards.

Now I've still got 2 CE HM's to run on my 2 days off starting tomorrow, I need 14 radiant shards to get my Titan to 32 (and hopefully finally have some weapon drops).

The majority want new content and updates, bug fixes, new events, more vault space, etc.
By not addressing most of those issues and talking about weapons, most are upset. Especially the nerfs. And add to the fact that the DLC is indeed delayed for April-June when a lot of people are already getting bored with nothing left to do in Destiny, well... boom.

Bugs, glitches, content...are you people fucking kidding me?

First of all, by now you should now the only bugs and glitches that Bungie cares about fixing are those that enable players to cheese. Look at the heavy ammo glitch, they've admitted knowing about it for a while yet nothing gets done and my guess is that they're still sitting with a thumb up their ass on that one.

And regarding content, since day one this game has been lacking content. I'm done bitching about that, I'll simply play other games when I get bored of Destiny. And when HoW is released then I'll jump back in, simple as that. But people are constantly whining about lack of content and I bet Bungie could give two shits about it.

I just take this game for what it is and enjoy it, I'm done complaining or hoping for upgrades, buffs, fixes, etc. Life is too damn short.

What in the actual fuck is the justification for a hand cannon range nerf? I mean, you have to aim them via crappy iron sights most of the time, that and the recoil on the majority of them more than balances the range Thorn or Hawkmoon have.

Disclaimer - I love hand cannons, thank god scout rifle were left alone.

Arrrammis

Just got back from work, seems a lot happened , need to read those weekly updates. I did glance through some comments and they do not seem to positive.

I don't think there will ever be an update with positive comments unless there are serious changes to make things fresh or add more vault space. People will always be unhappy with weapon rebalancing.

joecanada

I've asked for a wider Fusion Rifle spread dropoff at least once a month

lunacy. commence panic.

Well that just means more shotguns in crucible, same shit.

Also first thing when I saw that was thinking

"ok more spread on fr, betcha I can hit even more people with 5 blast pocket infinity "

lol

People here sleeping on Witcher 3. smdh

I don't recall Witcher 2 launching simultaneously across different platforms. I also don't recall it having the marketing budget Witcher 3 will have.

You've never heard of the GAFlogic that a game can never sell more than or in significance of its predecessors?

Though in the end, only something like COD or GTA could eat up a majority of the Destiny player base in one go, and it's survived one COD and a GTA port-job/remaster so far. Only major player I see is MGS V so far, even though on GAF Bloodborne will be one.

E92 M3

What in the actual fuck is the justification for a hand cannon range nerf? I mean, you have to aim them via crappy iron sights most of the time, that and the recoil on the majority of them more than balances the range Thorn or Hawkmoon have.

Disclaimer - I love hand cannons, thank god scout rifle were left alone.

There is none - Bungie are bored.

I got Red Death earlier in the week so now I only need Suros and Thunderload for a complete exotic weapons collection. Hopefully Xur has something good this week. Last week was such a dud.

Trakan

Holy shit, it's about time.

I'm loving everything about the weapon balancing. It should make PVP much more enjoyable.

House of Wolves being Q2 is really lame though.

What a load of crock. I've never subscribed to the belief that OTs should be just positive or, in mp games, team-up hubs. If people don't talk about these things and voice their displeasure, than it reinforces what choices were made as being the right ones. So far, I haven't seen an unreasonable criticism to Bungie's weekly update and tuning article. No "'F' Bungie" or "Destiny is shit game" or anything of that nature. All rather well-reasoned responses from people who have been playing since Day 1 or close-to-it.

Don't be trying to shut out people because it doesn't align with your particular views; there's still plenty of room for lfg posts and general observations and comments that are the norm if that's your groove.

Had no patience for this sort of talk the first couple of weeks of this community, and I definitely don't have patience for it now.

Edited the last bit after rereading and [with help] seeing how hypocritical it was, as well as that I don't need to be calling out people.

noomi

To those who still look for Hawkmoon- hope you get it before the patch ...no more sniping with it :(

Yeah, it's really bumming me out, I fear I will never know the awesome of Hawkmoon :( much of the reason I wanted it is because of the range on it too.

Way to kill my most hyped weapon before I even get it bungie.

Frenden

Banned
Pulse rifle buff sounds alright. Hand cannon nerf is a little concerning.

Waiting until the rumored May timeframe sucks a bit for more content.

So, Red Death = new Crucible meta?

Top Bottom