• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Deku Tree

Destiny has 16 million registered accounts and players play for an average of 3 hours a day! Wow! That's massive.

GAF is such a tiny little fraction of that 16 million even if we are a huge community.

So Destiny sold at least 16 million copies?

Not remotely necessary dude. My post was simply clarifying that people like myself and others I know aren't making a big deal about the nerfs or other smaller issues, like you insinuated in your original post. It's a broader issue of Bungie's post-launch support, as described in my linked post.

If you honestly want to defend unpatched glitches and lack of content then you have every right to do so, just as anyone here has the right to express their concerns about the same issues. But you're not going to persuade anyone with low-grade posts like that.

Yeah, in the grand scheme, it's not a big deal. I may have even shrugged it off if they had increased the vault space first, but now I have to make decisions. Do I shard an auto rifle or hand cannon that I've been leveling, or ranked up a vendor to purchase, or ground IB for to make room for pulse rifles now? If I say fuck it and keep going with my AR's and HC's, then the nerf/buff didn't achieve any Bungie goals to get me to try a PR, it just made my inventory a little less fun. If I do switch, then that's a huge loss in time invested, and that is pattern with this game that can't be ignored.

Either way, it does nothing to encourage me to play more, just less.

Bugs, glitches, content...are you people fucking kidding me?

First of all, by now you should now the only bugs and glitches that Bungie cares about fixing are those that enable players to cheese. Look at the heavy ammo glitch, they've admitted knowing about it for a while yet nothing gets done and my guess is that they're still sitting with a thumb up their ass on that one.

And regarding content, since day one this game has been lacking content. I'm done bitching about that, I'll simply play other games when I get bored of Destiny. And when HoW is released then I'll jump back in, simple as that. But people are constantly whining about lack of content and I bet Bungie could give two shits about it.

I just take this game for what it is and enjoy it, I'm done complaining or hoping for upgrades, buffs, fixes, etc. Life is too damn short.

I think Bungie cares more about what people say here than you think.im also pretty sure that most people here will simply do something else with their lives once they are done with this game. I don't think anybody is forcing anyone to play this game.

Greenymac

That with Ahnold!, know your 1980's Action Hero Icons, JEEZ!

More like:
6VWwb49.gif

You 2 need to get a room

GRX *scorned third wheel*

Dammit youre right!!!

patchday

Destiny has 16 million registered accounts and players play for an average of 3 hours a day! Wow! That's massive.

GAF is such a tiny little fraction of that 16 million even if we are a huge community.

So Destiny sold at least 16 million copies?

I suspect this is a clever play on wording. 16 million accounts may include active & inactive accounts (via used game sales).

The remaining 'active' players play 3 hours a day.

Still, even if that's the case, 16 million customers coming & going is impressive

Deku Tree

I suspect this is a clever play on wording. 16 million accounts may include active & inactive accounts (via used game sales).

The remaining 'active' players play 3 hours a day.

Still, even if that's the case, 16 million customers coming & going is impressive

Accounts can also I include free trial accounts right?

Accounts can also I include free trial accounts right?

I know several people who participated in the alpha/beta and never bought the game. I also know a couple of people who bought the Destiny PS4 bundle, tried the game and never went bak to it.

One thing i've noticed from talking to people is that the initial bad word of mouth after the game launched really hurt the sales of the game. Not saint it didn't sell well, but it could have sold a lot more

Lol It's all good. Bungie knows how to bring out the best in us sometimes ;)

Yeah lol

Also removed the Dax bit, since I have a lot of respect for her and miss her despite whatever disagreements I had with what was going on in the community at the time.

Edit: If Red Death is on sale any time this month, the Xurspiracy will be real

Never thought I'd say this, but I've gotta level up my Red Death.

RD is awesome. RD + Eff Speer w/ armor piercing + Hungry Scrota is my favorite HM Scrota load out. Just get that 2nd unique perk unlocked and you are golden, takes ~less than half of total exotic weapon XP.

Also is anyone planning on playing this game indefinitely like me? I mean nobody knows what the future holds, but it seems like there is a ton of negativity and people counting days until they stop playing the game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So far, I haven't seen an unreasonable criticism to Bungie's weekly update and tuning article. No "'F' Bungie" or "Destiny is shit game" or anything of that nature. All rather well-reasoned responses from people who have been playing since Day 1 or close-to-it.
conscious or otherwise, this is definitely true and I just wanted to say I appreciate it.
Also is anyone planning on playing this game indefinitely like me? I mean nobody knows what the future holds, but it seems like there is a ton of negativity and people counting days until they stop playing the game.
lol, nope. it's just going to be you!

deep breaths
Yeah. I already liked Red Death. It'll be totally viable after a 10% damage buff, I bet.
It already is. 50-50 shot it becomes dominant, but I suppose it has earned its day.

I think people will just take breaks, which, imo, is natural. The majority will be back for all the dlc/expansions, and if that content is good enough they will stick around for even longer. I fall into this category at least.

I'll keep coming back to it for the majority of content drops, including Comet and onward. Reset days I'll keep dropping in for.

Don't think I could ever ditch this community, even if Bungie....no, best not say it.

RD is awesome. RD + Eff Speer w/ armor piercing + Hungry Scrota is my favorite HM Scrota load out. Just get that 2nd unique perk unlocked and you are golden, takes ~less than half of total exotic weapon XP.

Yeah. I just unlocked the second perk. It's a decent weapon for a pulse.

Frenden

Banned
conscious or otherwise, this is definitely true and I just wanted to say I appreciate it.

lol, nope. it's just going to be you!

deep breaths

It already is. 50-50 shot it becomes dominant, but I suppose it has earned its day.

Yeah. I didn't get it before they balanced it down a bit with the last exotic patch. I hear it was pretty beastly in PvP before that. Now? Maybe a return to top-tier glory.

It's already fine in PvE. It'll just be better than it was against mobs that didn't drop in one precision burst that required follow up shots.

If they can't establish a PVP vs. PVE balance for the weapons and keep doing knee-jerk reactions NERF EVERYTHING THAT PEOPLE LIKE, then yeah, my time with this is getting shorter. There have been issues that have needed fixing for a LONG time that they still haven't addressed but are quick to fix any sort of "cheese" that pops up. Crota/Atheon glitching? They'll get to it "in the future" (ie, never). More vault space? Haha, keep begging. It's all about playing the game "their" way. The game has much to offer and could be so much better, but we can only put up with so much.

Palocca

I'm with you. I'm actually not upset that they announced that the next DLC is going to release in Q2. I was starting to get really burned out by having to raid multiple times a week, so just that I feel like I was properly geared for the next content. Now, I could spread my time with other things, especially with the Order, Bloodborne, and FF Type-0 coming out in the next coming weeks. I'll feel less pressured to run all of the weeklies, and now I could just pop in the game whenever I have a couple hours to spare. The only thing I worry about is whether or not the player base dwindles.

I am, however, annoyed by the balance changes. I think it's fine to try and raise the TTK in PvP, but why, just why are they having it apply to PvE too?

To those who still look for Hawkmoon- hope you get it before the patch ...no more sniping with it :(

That would be the second time they did that. With Send It it was glorious.

Not sure what they were thinking. At range hand cannons have much worse dps than scouts accounting for recoil. Next game they need to completely isolate pvp from pve. Gear, weapons, patches, everything. Evidently that don't know how to juggle the two.

I've said before but I'll say again: I'll keep playing Destiny in some form as long as DGAF "exists." My actual level of engagement is up to Bungie's ongoing support.

Right now: I don't do any bounties, don't care if/when I finish raids/NFalls/Weeklies, don't play any PvP or Roc strikes, etc. My only Destiny time is reset raiding with my regulars and helping people I know, mostly gaffers. That ends up being a fair amount of time because I know so many people by now, but it's a completely different relationship with the game than I had at any point from launch until HM CE dropped. Last week I collected <100 Vanguard marks total across 3 characters and 0 Crucible marks, first time since launch I didn't hit the 100 mark cap at all. This week will be the same or less.

I've said before but I'll say again: I'll keep playing Destiny in some form as long as DGAF "exists." My actual level of engagement is up to Bungie's ongoing support.

Right now: I don't do any bounties, don't care if/when I finish raids/NFalls/Weeklies, don't play any PvP or Roc strikes, etc. My only Destiny time is reset raiding with my regulars and helping people I know, mostly gaffers. That ends up being a fair amount of time because I know so many people by now, but it's a completely different relationship with the game than I had at any point from launch until HM CE dropped. Last week I collected <100 Vanguard marks total across 3 characters and 0 Crucible marks, first time since launch I didn't hit the 100 mark cap at all. This week will be the same or less.

Yeah i didn't hit the cap either. Been several weeks now. Problem with that is I need the marks to buy the mats so I can level my raid gear...

btw Epic Sax may need your services soon. I'm sure you've noticed that our members are dropping like flies

LiK

i think now we know HoW won't be out anytime soon, the drop off will be much faster. People gonna move onto other games. I'm frankly bored now. Still love playing with Gaffers here but i don't wanna play anymore Destiny without Gaffers now.

HigXx

Hearing that House of Wolves is coming out in q2 has disappointed me greatly. I dont know how i'll be able to stay interested for another two months with no new content

patchday

Surprising to see so many bummed out that HoW is getting pushed back. That made me super happy. Fuck releveling the same old exotics and getting knocked off the top of the mountain. I want to enjoy being L32 for many weeks and blowing mobs away with my max ballarhorn

Granted, I took big breaks inbetween to play DA: I and CoD: AW. Just got the expansion bout 3 weeks ago?

[edit] Looking at my receipt I purchased TDB on Jan 16th!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
i think now we know HoW won't be out anytime soon, the drop off will be much faster. People gonna move onto other games. I'm frankly bored now. Still love playing with Gaffers here but i don't wanna play anymore Destiny without Gaffers now.
Yeup. I stopped when Hard Mode Crota launched but it still didn't work right. I realized too that I didn't need to be level 32 for... anything. Didn't even do last weeks Nightfall. But, I like the look of the weapon patch. Is it live right now? Because I'd love to jump on and play with my newly buffed Pulse Rifle and Shotgun.

I'll probably hop on for a week or two but TBW has been utterly disappointing. I don't like the Raid that much and the new content is simply mediocre. Especially on the Exotics front. Anyway, is the weapons patch live?

Gordon

So what exactly are Bungie trying to get at with this rebalance?
"We've been listening to feedback and we're hearing that everything is too good except Pulse Rifles..."

Like seriously nerfing EVERYTHING because it's moderately useable? As a proud Canadian I gotta say, you're making my government look less effete and flaccid by contrast. So thanks?

Hearing that House of Wolves is coming out in q2 has disappointed me greatly. I dont know how i'll be able to stay interested for another two months with no new content

Has this been confirmed?

Black Hammer and a better Primary than FateBringer is why I'm playing. That and helping other Gaffer's that has helped me or needs help.

I got my Hunter to level 32 and just decided I'm not going to build an other class of guardian. What really made me enjoy this game was when I started playing with Destiny Gaf. Once Destiny Gaf moves on I'll move on too.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Put it this way

We will see Omnigul Strike as NF/Weekly 6 more times before House of Wolves
Rasputin Daily at least 975 more times!
mSY0i.gif

*Yes it does*

Top Bottom