• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

gatti-man

The Sine wave insanity cycle continues.
AR 2.5% Nerf (world ending)
HC range Nerf (Hawkmoon users weeping)
Pulse Rifle 9.5% buff (both Red Death users rejoice)
Shotgun buff in PvE (cricket cricket)
Less ammo for shotguns and fusions in pvp = meh

It's the same old deal. Bungie goes for the "easy" yet wildly unpopular fix "let's buff Pulse Rifles"
so they can say a lot of people bought Red Death tomorrow from random Xur
instead of zeroing in on some of the last hopes people cling to:
Vault space
Heavy Weapon bug
raid glitches

We are now likely under the mid-point level of the Sine wave again.

:)
I was happy with the buffs and nerfs however I really felt the auto rifle nerf wasn't needed. Auto rifles will always be the most commonly used gun just because it's the default type of weapon. They are balanced. IMHO they are always inferior to hand cannons and fusion rifles. This nerf makes it even worse and poor Hard Light needs major help now.

Gutterboy44 & Haybro, it filled up quick but I'm gonna run another weekly on my warlock in a sec if you guys still want in

I'll invite you guys when I switch my guns over

I am running weekly on my last alt, my titan. Just about to start the three waves part if you want to join in and invite the third.

I've said before but I'll say again: I'll keep playing Destiny in some form as long as DGAF "exists." My actual level of engagement is up to Bungie's ongoing support.

Right now: I don't do any bounties, don't care if/when I finish raids/NFalls/Weeklies, don't play any PvP or Roc strikes, etc. My only Destiny time is reset raiding with my regulars and helping people I know, mostly gaffers. That ends up being a fair amount of time because I know so many people by now, but it's a completely different relationship with the game than I had at any point from launch until HM CE dropped. Last week I collected <100 Vanguard marks total across 3 characters and 0 Crucible marks, first time since launch I didn't hit the 100 mark cap at all. This week will be the same or less.

Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, that is how I want to play the game and am nearly at a point where I can feel comfortable doing that. Now that Ghorn dropped, I just need to stock up on Destination mats and class mats and I will be playing more carefree. A few more weeks I will have the mats and a full set of capped marks to just coast into HoW and not feel compelled to have to run every checkpoint, drop and weekly reset activity across every character.

I think I will enjoy playing a lot more when I am no longer at the mercy of RNG to provide the carrot - on - stick driving over-playing.

tumblr_inline_nbwxs3FSCt1qhjvtr.gif

someday

Banned
Looks like someday is missing, need one for a Newbie raid, VoG Normal (min level 26... could take a 25 with this group)

Post PSN if you would like the spot, we're heading down now.
Hey Hawk, I didn't realize I had signed up for tonight. I just did Crota last week so figured I was locked out this week. I must have screwed up last week when I used the google form.

E92 M3

Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, that is how I want to play the game and am nearly at a point where I can feel comfortable doing that. Now that Ghorn dropped, I just need to stock up on Destination mats and class mats and I will be playing more carefree. A few more weeks I will have the mats and a full set of capped marks to just coast into HoW and not feel compelled to have to run every checkpoint, drop and weekly reset activity across every character.

I think I will enjoy playing a lot more when I am no longer at the mercy of RNG to provide the carrot - on - stick driving over-playing.

Playing carefree is my ultimate Destiny goal. Nothing better than to be released from the shackles of dependency on RNG.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Heard about exotics dropping from Vanguard Strike Roc Playlist. Thought why not give it a try. Did 3 strikes and got Red Death and Hard Light. I'm never this lucky. Now, the world is going to blow up.

Heard about exotics dropping from Vanguard Strike Roc Playlist. Thought why not give it a try. Did 3 strikes and got Red Death and Hard Light. I'm never this lucky. Now, the world is going to blow up.

Wow, congrats. They can drop but are still a very rare drop. Like around ~1% chance.

Got home from class, ate dinner, got on Destiny for 10 minutes and the fiancee starts to enrage. Welp I'll just be on gaf tonight in the bed. Grind time will be tomorrow. Hopefully Xur has something good.

Magik

Great run with j_rocca's team. Very smooth no glitch run.

Haul was:

Oversoul Eddict
Abyss Defiant
Arms
Legs
No Land Beyond aka Exotic Shard
Word of Crota
Red Death

All I really want is the Scout Rifle.

Top Bottom