• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

patchday

Yeup. I stopped when Hard Mode Crota launched but it still didn't work right. I realized too that I didn't need to be level 32 for... anything. Didn't even do last weeks Nightfall. But, I like the look of the weapon patch. Is it live right now? Because I'd love to jump on and play with my newly buffed Pulse Rifle and Shotgun.

I'll probably hop on for a week or two but TBW has been utterly disappointing. I don't like the Raid that much and the new content is simply mediocre. Especially on the Exotics front. Anyway, is the weapons patch live?

Being L32 helps out in Nightfall I think? Carried some randoms through NF last night with my L32 titan. Maybe I can take one extra hit than a L31? Because the L30 and L31 I was with died all the time but maybe they were drunk/high. Idk

Gordon

Yeup. I stopped when Hard Mode Crota launched but it still didn't work right. I realized too that I didn't need to be level 32 for... anything. Didn't even do last weeks Nightfall. But, I like the look of the weapon patch. Is it live right now? Because I'd love to jump on and play with my newly buffed Pulse Rifle and Shotgun.

I'll probably hop on for a week or two but TBW has been utterly disappointing. I don't like the Raid that much and the new content is simply mediocre. Especially on the Exotics front. Anyway, is the weapons patch live?
Doesn't sound like it.
What you’re about to read is a heads-up about some upcoming changes to the weapons in Destiny, scheduled to go live in February with Update 1.1.1.

Put it this way

We will see Omnigul Strike as NF/Weekly 6 more times before House of Wolves
Rasputin Daily at least 975 more times!

*Yes it does*

giphy.gif

Palocca

Put it this way

We will see Omnigul Strike as NF/Weekly 6 more times before House of Wolves
Rasputin Daily at least 975 more times!

Oh, you know what, I completely forgot to take this into account when I made my post.

If there's one thing Bungie ABSOLUTELY needs to do in the near future, it's to put these activities on a shuffled rotation. I can't believe how many times I got the same strike back to back to back in a ROC playlist.

grief

Anyone interested in doing HM VoG sometime tonight? I've done it before but I don't think I'm comfortable yet in taking lead on it

Zocano

Well, in future please say that you're referring to PVP.

balance changes are pretty much only discussed in the context of PVP though.

I mean I get pulse rifles are just way underpowered over everything else but in general, everything that is "broken" is only broken in PVP.

I've said before but I'll say again: I'll keep playing Destiny in some form as long as DGAF "exists." My actual level of engagement is up to Bungie's ongoing support.

Right now: I don't do any bounties, don't care if/when I finish raids/NFalls/Weeklies, don't play any PvP or Roc strikes, etc. My only Destiny time is reset raiding with my regulars and helping people I know, mostly gaffers. That ends up being a fair amount of time because I know so many people by now, but it's a completely different relationship with the game than I had at any point from launch until HM CE dropped. Last week I collected <100 Vanguard marks total across 3 characters and 0 Crucible marks, first time since launch I didn't hit the 100 mark cap at all. This week will be the same or less.

Yeah i didn't hit the cap either. Been several weeks now. Problem with that is I need the marks to buy the mats so I can level my raid gear...

btw Epic Sax may need your services soon. I'm sure you've noticed that our members are dropping like flies

Yeah after HM came out I've had almost no energy to play. Been dumping my gaming time into finally playing earthbound. We'll see how things go with the next expansion..

I kinda hope we all still hang out here a bit and shoot the shit about life and games even if we aren't playing much. At least until BBGaf, we can have DrunkGaf, SoulsGaf, FootballGaf, SignificantOtherGaf....

TBW has been utterly disappointing.

Ok, I'm trying to figure out what TBW stands for...

The Big Whiff-eroo? Thanks Bungie, Wow? That's Basically Worthless? They'll Bitch, Won't-they?
Ok, I'm out

Been dumping my gaming time into finally playing earthbound.

Earthbound! Need to boot that up again. Made it as far as kicking that kid's ass in the first main town, behind the video arcade.

Namikaze1

I kinda hope we all still hang out here a bit and shoot the shit about life and games even if we aren't playing much. At least until BBGaf, we can have DrunkGaf, SoulsGaf, FootballGaf, SignificantOtherGaf....

Ok, I'm trying to figure out what TBW stands for...

The Big Whiff-eroo? Thanks Bungie, Wow? That's Basically Worthless? They'll Bitch, Won't-they?
Ok, I'm out
American Football season is over though.

SingleGAF though will keep this thread alive next week.

I probably won't be alive next week. I'm going skydiving next Saturday. My body is not ready.

TsuWave

haven't played this for a week because i jumped back into TLOU multiplayer, my friend told me of the incoming nerfing news today, seriously not sure if i'm going to pick the game up again before HoW comes out

LiK

American Football season is over though.

SingleGAF though will keep this thread alive next week.

I probably won't be alive next week. I'm going skydiving next Saturday. My body is not ready.

all the drops into the Abyss should be plenty of training.

E92 M3

balance changes are pretty much only discussed in the context of PVP though.

I mean I get pulse rifles are just way underpowered over everything else but in general, everything that is "broken" is only broken in PVP.

Personally, I thought HC weren't OP at all in PVP. You had a few powerful ones, but nothing a Suros or fusion rifle couldn't handle.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
People I'll miss the most:

1. Drizzay
2. Cosmos
3. Private W Hudson
4. Greeny
5. ruthless
6. Rest of DGAF

100. Nami!

(kidding =D)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
how many you got? Haven't met anyone yet who can match my 865.... but my only real supply right now is Vault of Ass Gorgons-->Atheon.

I think I'll reach 1000 Ascendant Energies in about 2 weeks if I really push for it lol
I'm @600+ on the Ascendant Shards part

Will be hilarious to see if we get too 999 and then a new batch of 1 ascendant shard is created taking up 1 more vault box... FML!

E92 M3

Don't like advertising, but made a thread about community engagement and how Bungie compares to Respawn - check it out guys.

Feedback appreciated.

Frenden

Banned
LEAVE THE FUCKING GAME ALONE, YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!

*goes back to Shadow of Mordor because his + sub lapsed*

I have a spare Plus year-card sitting around if you need it, I think.

I come back from basketball and I'm confused as to what happened here. Just bummed about the nerfs?

Seems that way. I'm cautiously optimistic. Hand cannons will likely still be amazing, ARs were still okay after their last nerf, and I'd like an excuse to use PRs. I just want more content.

phen0m24

I come back from basketball and I'm confused as to what happened here. Just bummed about the nerfs?

The Sine wave insanity cycle continues.
AR 2.5% Nerf (world ending)
HC range Nerf (Hawkmoon users weeping)
Pulse Rifle 9.5% buff (both Red Death users rejoice)
Shotgun buff in PvE (cricket cricket)
Less ammo for shotguns and fusions in pvp = meh

It's the same old deal. Bungie goes for the "easy" yet wildly unpopular fix "let's buff Pulse Rifles"
so they can say a lot of people bought Red Death tomorrow from random Xur
instead of zeroing in on some of the last hopes people cling to:
Vault space
Heavy Weapon bug
raid glitches

We are now likely under the mid-point level of the Sine wave again.

:)

Gordon

Personally, I thought HC weren't OP at all in PVP. You had a few powerful ones, but nothing a Suros or fusion rifle couldn't handle.
^This. Even with Thorn/TLW I find a Shadow Price or Up For Anything is just way more efficient, given that they more-or-less occupy the same range niche. For that matter I don't think shotguns really had that much of a range issue. I've used them in PvP quite a bit and even the shotties with the highest range I've seen feel pretty tame outside of a Warlock's
obscene
melee range. Bungie can prattle on about keeping TTK up all they want - the fact of the matter is every time they update the game all they do is water it down and put the brakes on progression and gameplay in general. I've never played a game where updates were this consistently unwanted. Just terrible.

Hyun Sai

Seeing how Gaf was on fire, I checked the update and balance change.

Color me disappointed, nothing that will change my life (I don't play PVP).

The weapons stats were hilarious to see though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looks like someday is missing, need one for a Newbie raid, VoG Normal (min level 26... could take a 25 with this group)

Post PSN if you would like the spot, we're heading down now.

hydruxo

Gutterboy44 & Haybro, it filled up quick but I'm gonna run another weekly on my warlock in a sec if you guys still want in

I'll invite you guys when I switch my guns over

Top Bottom