• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

In case folks missed it, Destiny won Outstanding Online Gameplay at DICEawards 2015.

https://twitter.com/Official_AIAS/status/563550396291903489

Fake edit: And won Best Original Music Composition

https://twitter.com/Official_AIAS/status/563552321099931650

Lost Outstanding Sound Design to COD: AW

Destiny won Outstanding Sound Design, now corrected on the AIAS Twitter.

. Middle Earth is hilariously wiping the awards.

And Ken Levine is posting his personal Tenebaum fanfic or something...well, back to Destiny.

Edit: Unsurprisingly lost Outstanding Innovation to Middle Earth, which is tracking to take home the overall Outstanding GOTY title.

on the last kneel when crota enrages he just jumps up enrages and foregoes his oversoul summoning animation and hits our swordbearear immediately even when he's invis.

Is their a way to avoid that, he was to the left of crota if you look at it from sword b's perspective. do you need to be behind him, and not on the sides? or is that a glitch, plus the sword runner had host, luckily i was ready to grab sword and take him down,

Marty O'Donnell sure does have to make a lot of really awkward acceptance speeches these days.

It didn't load in time to see it unfortunately.

But Jade Raymond (blonde now and rocking the frames!) and Rhu from RAD just gave Outstanding Action Game to Destiny!

Edit: Not Marty for this, but it was an awkward acceptance.

Woots, took 9 attempts but finally picked up an Abyss Defiant, yahoo

Nice pickup, it is surprisingly good with the Focus Fire perk. Wish it did a little more damage with Hive Disruptor but it plays well. It's not a VoC killer, but if next DLC bumps new content to level 32, it will probably be the better pick.

Qwell

Nice pickup, it is surprisingly good with the Focus Fire perk. Wish it did a little more damage with Hive Disruptor but it plays well. It's not a VoC killer, but if next DLC bumps new content to level 32, it will probably be the better pick.
I mostly just want it to piss off wizards, cause screw wizards

Been running Crota three times a week since launch and I still don't have Blackhammer. I've gotten Swordbreaker 5+ times and this week I got the machine gun and the rocket launcher for the first time. Crota hates me. At least I got the helmet for my hunter finally.

Mindlog

We just lost 2 also. Connection issues. Middle of crota fight.
Looks like that drop hit a lot of people.

Tired, but quick normal run. Thanks.
No helmet with healing unfortunately. Did get my Third Last Word.
Is it still the Last Word the third time?
Whelp bungie just fucked us on our flawless run, gonna give up for the night because we'd rather not get KTA again :/
Ahh, that sucks.

Poor Destiny didn't seem to get any applause during the DICE nomination announcement for GOTY.

It's going to Mordor anyway

Inquisition Upset!

patchday

[edit] Ah coo I see UF_C filled up. Any HM Crotas running then? Would like to get the helm to drop for my L32 titan

sandboxgod

Can also run Weekly L30

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm still baffled by the AR dmg nerf. The range needed to be changed for sure, but dmg?? People are just going to drop them altogether and they'll have to backtrack months from now.

Nerfing hand cannons, auto rifles and fusion rifles.

Buffing shotguns and pulse rifles.

Secret nerf to Gjallarhorn.

Bungie U MAD?

Buffs are fine, but there was no reason to nerf AR and HC. Fusion rifles I understand, but damn. AR's are a staple in shooters and if they cripple them too much, they could actually hurt the playerbase. 2.5% may not be enough to rock the boat, but it has been a slow process. The burner is on High but the water has yet to boil.

I'm still baffled by the AR dmg nerf. The range needed to be changed for sure, but dmg?? People are just going to drop them altogether and they'll have to backtrack months from now.

Imagine doing Thorn bounty with an even shittier Atheon Epilogue.

Sullichin

Vendor ARs like For the People and Do Gooder, and Monte Carlo, do 20dmg per headshot in PVP. They are currently good enough but I think require more skill than using the rarer, higher impact ARs. The nerf could really suck for these weapons even if it's only a couple points of damage difference for low impact ARs.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm waiting on his friend request reply, sent one. I started nightfall now in meantime if you wanna join, joecanada or invite if you guys are in. Psn seems slow

Sorry joe! I got pulled away by a call as soon as I put that up and been away from my comp and PS4 since. Didn't see your post. My bad.

Buffs are fine, but there was no reason to nerf AR and HC. Fusion rifles I understand, but damn. AR's are a staple in shooters and if they cripple them too much, they could actually hurt the playerbase. 2.5% may not be enough to rock the boat, but it has been a slow process. The burner is on High but the water has yet to boil.

Imagine doing Thorn bounty with an even shittier Atheon Epilogue.

...or worse, Word of Crota. I used it in VoG, it's no good.

I don't get the buffing of shotgun for pve. Who the hell uses them in pve?

There has been over 5 Ghorn drops this reset. Xur selling Ghorn tomorrow?!

iNHPh4LwnphvM.gif

EL CUCO

HM Crota is freaking repulsive tonight.

Disconnects, Lag, Sword disappearing almost immediately after Swordbearer goes down, Knights rushing through the glass (before any bubble was up, as well).

We were able to kill him once with no issues. I guess Crota wasn't about to let anyone have seconds...

I'm curious, is this stuff happening on X1 too?

Lima

I'm curious, is this stuff happening on X1 too?

Just joined a random Lfg group cause I was bored again. Took him down first try with two swords. Everything went better than expected. No issues. Everyone with green connection too. At this point I just tell people to kick people with weak connections. They fuck up the whole timing of the fight.

Top Bottom