• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

patchday

Great run with j_rocca's team. Very smooth no glitch run.

Haul was:

Oversoul Eddict
Abyss Defiant
Arms
Legs
No Land Beyond aka Exotic Shard
Word of Crota
Red Death

All I really want is the Scout Rifle.

Awesome haul!

I like Fang trying to level it up.

I'd be up for that! I should be running through normal CE in a few, but I wanna try to get in on this one for my alt. PSN: theFLYINGPIGEON

I have you on my friend's list already, let me know if that's OK.

Perfect.

So far we got

1. uF_C
2. ditters
3. FlyingPigeon
4. Sandbox

EL CUCO

Here at HM Crota checking out my fireteam's gear
GHXS96Y.jpg
HujbPZi.gif

GhaleonEB

Hawkian's party just demolished Atheon in 1) the first try and 2) after only two time streams.

Nat got Plan C, her first non ship/shard/energy/shader drop after four VoG runs. Gotta start somewhere I guess. :lol

Defuser

I'm quite please for the weapon change update bungie made except for the AR nerf, Necrochasm/Hard Light/Monte Carlo/Atheon's Epilogue is even more useless now. Why can't they apply the same values they apply to shotguns together?

Pulse Rifle getting a damage boost? Good since hardly nobody uses them anyway.

Handcannon getting a range nerf? Fair enough but who are these people who sniped stuff with HC? Use a Sniper rifle for goddness sake.

Shotgun - Awesome buff against PVE, now I can actually use my shotguns against PVE without thinking why my shotgun damage is as the same as other special weapons.

Shotguns and Fusion in PVP - Fair enough, people had been bitching about those 2 dominating PvP so lesser ammo means people will be forced to use their primary weapons or scavage more ammo but risk being kill by enemies.

Does anyone have a link to a good glimmer farm guide including location of the consumable you need to boost your glimmer farm? I am going to check out the Venus spot tonight as I desperately need heavy synths before jumping into Crota again this week but I am not sure if this is actually an efficient method or not.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Josh holds his own. He usually has the most kills or nearly the most lol
Second highest!

Nailed Gatekeepers and Atheon first try, with a first timer and two fireteam members <13 years old

good day. :)
Hawkian's party just demolished Atheon in 1) the first try and 2) after only two time streams.

Nat got Plan C, her first non ship/shard/energy/shader drop after four VoG runs. Gotta start somewhere I guess. :lol
ouch, like me with armor in VoG >_<

Plan C is a really fantastic weapon, at least, even before upgrading

I'm quite please for the weapon change update bungie made except for the AR nerf, Necrochasm/Hard Light/Monte Carlo/Atheon's Epilogue is even more useless now. Why can't they apply the same values they apply to shotguns together?

Pulse Rifle getting a damage boost? Good since hardly nobody uses them anyway.

Handcannon getting a range nerf? Fair enough but who are these people who sniped stuff with HC? Use a Sniper rifle for goddness sake.

Shotgun - Awesome buff against PVE, now I can actually use my shotguns against PVE without thinking why my shotgun damage is as the same as other special weapons.

Shotguns and Fusion in PVP - Fair enough, people had been bitching about those 2 dominating PvP so lesser ammo means people will be forced to use their primary weapons or scavage more ammo but risk being kill by enemies.

10% damage buff to pulse rifles is pretty serious. I wonder if more people will start to use them.

joecanada

After running Vault Of Glass Hard Mode literally every single week since its release, I finally have my most coveted weapon:

My spirit was all but broken, but I descended into depths every week hoping...praying that this would be the week. I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw the yellow.

Geez I hope the nerf doesn't screw you dude sounds like a long haul

Mindlog

Dang. I sharded mine due to lack of vault space.
I kept one precisely for this occasion.
I was leveling up the Crota Pulse Rifle just for the energy when I shard it, but might keep one now.
Signing on now.

Need two more for Crota checkpoint on normal. Psn: UF_C
If you still need 1. Mindlog. Need a new helmet for my Titan.
What makes that gun so good? It's the only pulse rifle I see in crucible
High RoF, Full Auto and fairly stable.
Compared to Oversoul Edict it has almost the same RoF, MUCH more impact longer range and as stable as OE with fitted stock.
This is Oversoul Edict vs Stranger's Rifle. It's a prime standard crucible candidate.
hGpj30c.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
make me eat crow or whatever, but I will be shocked if the mythoclast is affected by the patch. it is a fusion rifle with no spread.

this is the only mechanical change affecting fusions
Blast pattern on a Fusion Rifle burst cone is a little wider
The mythoclast has no burst cone. It fires one "beam" from what a traditional burst would be made of, and the second shot in full auto is affected by stability, not "fusion burst" or whatever.

Greenymac

10% damage buff to pulse rifles is pretty serious. I wonder if more people will start to use them.

I know I will! I always prefer single or burst fire in fps, but they all sucked so bad in Destiny that I didnt use them much...I Will reserve judgment until after I actually experience the changes for myself.

Edit... when i say suck I mean pulse rifles...

Dead Orbit rankup: two energies and a commendation. Fuck you game.

I've come to not expect anything from faction rank-ups anymore. I wish it wasn't random. Something like every two levels or so you get a weapon. I know I went about 6 straight vanguard rank-ups and all I had to show for it was energy and some motes of light.

make me eat crow or whatever, but I will be shocked if the mythoclast is affected by the patch. it is a fusion rifle with no spread.

this is the only mechanical change affecting fusions

The mythoclast has no burst cone. It fires one "beam" from what a traditional burst would be made of, and the second shot in full auto is affected by stability, not "fusion burst" or whatever.

I was pondering this earlier today. I expect that its unique mechanics will make it exempt from the nerf. If it is, damn that Sucks. They need to leave the gun alone.

Top Bottom