• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

ocean

Banned
To be fair, all three armor pieces on sale are excellent. It's too easy for us to say "omg no excitement" because we have most of what we want.

Short of Thunderlord or the Horn, most of us will be meh about weapon sales too. With a little perspective, I can't really say this is a bad week sale even if there's nothing there I don't have. It's a great week for newcomers and more casual players, who depend on Xur way more than we do.

Ask yourself: what armor piece would have made you celebrate? 1 or 2 pieces maybe? Odds are really stacked against us since we have so much already. Sure, Praxic or Saint-14 would be nice for those who haven't got them yet but in all fairness everything in sale this week is a must-own (including based Plan C).

No heavy ammo is still inexcusable though.

Steroyd

For any defender titans, you'd be better off upgrading Skullfort over Glasshouse. Especially for HM Crota. Orbs for health is invaluable

Disagree on that, defender Titans regen health just popping a bubble, that exotic spot is best served for something like ruin wings for the heavy ammo...

...when they decide to work.

Omni

I'm calling bullshit on this. Before hard mode was released Xur sold heavy ammo like every two weeks. And before that it was every week.

And yet now it has been weeks since he has sold it, now that people actually need it? There's no way it is not intentional.

Going to buy the don't touch me asap
Scanning cracks atm -.-

The main perk also nullifies the Lightswitch modifier in most instances. Outside of the few enemies that OHKO, you just go invisible and heal up. Has been a huge saver on Daily's/Weely's that have it. I find myself using it as my goto Exotic and only swapping to the other helms when the situation calls for it.

Shito

To be fair, all three armor pieces on sale are excellent. It's too easy for us to say "omg no excitement" because we have most of what we want.

Short of Thunderlord or the Horn, most of us will be meh about weapon sales too. With a little perspective, I can't really say this is a bad week sale even if there's nothing there I don't have. It's a great week for newcomers and more casual players, who depend on Xur way more than we do.

Ask yourself: what armor piece would have made you celebrate? 1 or 2 pieces maybe? Odds are really stacked against us since we have so much already. Sure, Praxic or Saint-14 would be nice for those who haven't got them yet but in all fairness everything in sale this week is a must-own (including based Plan C).

Are there really that many new players, though?
You could very well see the Christmas push in late December and early January, with low levels / low grimoire players running nearly everywhere. For me it has long switched back to only seeing 30~32s everywhere...

Midas

Yeah, you're totally right. Xûr is still awesome for people who don't play as much as we do.

Disagree on that, defender Titans regen health just popping a bubble, that exotic spot is best served for ruin wings for the heavy ammo...

...when they decide to work.
exactly. They're too unreliable.

Where as being able to pick up a orb has saved my life on ogres multiple times

Feorax

He did sell icebreaker 3 weeks ago

One good week in something like the last 12 is still really poor. I can understand poor weeks every so often as the inventory is cycled, but you would expect something new and/or useful at least once a month. Lack of heavy ammo for so long is also a kick in the balls.

Going to run VoG HM from Templar room to forget about another shit week. Add your name if you want to run it.

For any defender titans, you'd be better off upgrading Skullfort over Glasshouse. Especially for HM Crota. Orbs for health is invaluable

Why would you even upgrade it beyond getting Infusion which is the first node? Just swap helmets when you get back inside on Crota. All the orbs are there anyway.

Switch gear and then put your 32 stuff back on afterwards.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
damn it. i really dont like the look of glasshouse helmet. i ended up buying it just cause i really cant be bothered waiting another week. now i find i cant even use a shader on it so my titan looks stupid as shit.

what a waste of time. at least i've levelled up a bit.

The feeling that Bungie doesn't know what to do with Destiny grows every week. Hopefully they'll turn this around. Still love the game.

Remember when they said there would be something new to do every day you logged in? They implied there would be some sort of persistent world that would evolve and change over time.

Remember when the game launched and there was a Calendar detailing numerous upcoming events? Yeah, that all fell by the wayside. It is just the same old shit every day.

Omni

I got a Titan raid helmet that replenishes health with orbs last night so I don't need to worry about that any more :eek:

How do you figure? The OT moving slower?

Mainly because there's just not a lot to do atm for a lot of people. After doing HM Crota a couple of times and getting everything you want, there's not much to keep you around. I'll definitely not be playing as much this weekend. There's just nothing for me to do once I've done my weekly raids.

I have played Destiny since day one, as I've played way more than I should have. My main character, who I made first, is a Warlock. Unless I missed a week, Xur has not sold Heart of te Praxic Fire or the Skull of Ahamkara (is that the name?) yet. There are what, 8-9 exotic armor pieces per character, and Xur hasn't sold two of then ever? That is really, really weak.

But you know what, I'm much more upset that Xur hasn't sold Heavy Ammo for SIX weeks. Crota on hard requires heavy ammo. This will be the second week where I won't bother with Crota unless my friends want to see if we get lucky after a few tries.

I just don't see how anyone can defend Bungie here. It's pathetic.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
No heavy ammo synths?

NO FUCKING HEAVY AMMO SYNTHS XUR???

xXoZby2.jpg

Manp

Yeah, I want that badly.

I'm lucky enough to have all the Titan helms and the ones you want for HM CE are definitely Skullfort for Crota and Saint14 for everything else since bubbles that blind enemies are invaluable for both abyss and deathsinger.

:)

PS: FUCK YOU bungie!

Sullichin

So, what are some good exotics for hunters PVP and PVE

PVP:
Young Ahamkara's Spine- They make trip mines last much longer and make them actually useful as traps. Enjoy more grenade kills as you booby trap lanes and control points. With 100% DISC you have another one ready to go when it explodes. Since they last so long, I get more postmortems several seconds into my next life.

Symbiote- Can't go wrong with 4 GG shots.

Radiant Dance Machines - actually wear these a lot although it's hard to quantify their effect. I think it's most noticeable when fucking around with No Land Beyond. Still, the heavy ammo perk is useful if you don't have raid boots like me.

PVE:
Don't Touch Me makes it easy and fun to solo the Abyss part of the raid. It's also a solid choice for a lot of PVE missions. Enemies stop attacking you the second you go invisible, it last a few seconds or until you shoot again. It's fun.
And of course Symbiote for the GG shots.

Midas

Remember when they said there would be something new to do every day you logged in? They implied there would be some sort of persistent world that would evolve and change over time.

Remember when the game launched and there was a Calendar detailing numerous upcoming events? Yeah, that all fell by the wayside. It is just the same old shit every day.

Yeah, this is so weird. And HoW Q2? That's the worst of it all for me. It would be hilarious if the data mined content is what we'll get in Q2 when HoW launches. Three new story missions, a strike and a raid.

They really need to modify his code. Last week he sold the exact same shit as a few weeks ago, this week he is selling stuff from last week and they have all been shit really. Except for the Don't touch Me which I bought because I didn't buy it when it was on sale 3 weeks prior to that.

Same convo every week but it's already been said/implied by Deej that he isn't random, but his inventory is picked by someone at Bungie every week.

While I'm annoyed that none of the 6 things or whatever I listed got sold, I guess if you take Ocean's point of view it's pretty right, we have most of everything so unless it's the one damn gun or helmet we don't have Xur will always seem like a POS.

Except for heavy ammo. Bungie is fucked up for continuing the drought.

PVP:
Young Ahamkara's Spine- They make trip mines last much longer and make them actually useful as traps. Enjoy more grenade kills as you booby trap lanes and control points. With 100% DISC you have another one ready to go when it explodes. Since they last so long, I get more postmortems several seconds into my next life.

Symbiote- Can't go wrong with 4 GG shots.

Radiant Dance Machines - actually wear these a lot although it's hard to quantify their effect. I think it's most noticeable when fucking around with No Land Beyond. Still, the heavy ammo perk is useful if you don't have raid boots like me.

PVE:
Don't Touch Me makes it easy and fun to solo the Abyss part of the raid. It's also a solid choice for a lot of PVE missions. Enemies stop attacking you the second you go invisible, it last a few seconds or until you shoot again. It's fun.
And of course Symbiote for the GG shots.

Thanks, I'll be on the lookout for those exotics

Do some Nightfalls. I tend to get 60 a week between all the strikes. Feels bad.

Hey I said good bye! but you couldnt hear me due to NAT issues :(

I have TLoU and while I've not really played the MP I would enjoy nothing more than
playing
learning with GAFers.

Right now though? Going back to bed.
Rasengan is your buddy right? Just helped him finish Crota HM 3x and carried his lvl31 and lvl30 as well :3 Think he manage to get everything he wanted besides the Word of Crota.

Why would you even upgrade it beyond getting Infusion which is the first node? Just swap helmets when you get back inside on Crota. All the orbs are there anyway.

Excellent point. Glasshouse it is until Helm of Saint 14 comes along.

patchday

Oh bless you kind sir.

Oh wait- that means I wasted coins. I already had the perks unlocked on the old 30 light scale.

I feel like a foo :(

that's a fine strategy

Infusion on your main helmet is pretty convenient. As far as useful Titan exotics for that particular encounter, none of them really stand out. Even with its inconsistency, Ruin Wings arguably gets the most mileage. Nothing that needs blinding in that encounter save some strategies I've personally never employed.

Infusion on your main helmet is pretty convenient. As far as useful Titan exotics for that particular encounter, none of them really stand out. Even with its inconsistency, Ruin Wings is arguably gets the most mileage. Nothing that needs blinding in that encounter
it can help with the sword knights if they bust into the crystal room at the beginning.

I run Ruin Wings on my second titan but they're way too hit or miss. I run Saint-14 98% of the time outside of Crota End

Insaniac

have you guys been noticing any bug with the mag size of weapons? I got a legendary auto rifle that listed has a mag size of 26, but when I use it, its holding 34. I haven't unlocked any perk on it yet that would increase the mag size.

have you guys been noticing any bug with the mag size of weapons? I got a legendary auto rifle that listed has a mag size of 26, but when I use it, its holding 34. I haven't unlocked any perk on it yet that would increase the mag size.

Yeah a few of the scout rifles have that.

I'm lucky enough to have all the Titan helms and the ones you want for HM CE are definitely Skullfort for Crota and Saint14 for everything else since bubbles that blind enemies are invaluable for both abyss and deathsinger.

:)

PS: FUCK YOU bungie!

Oh no you didn't...

EL CUCO

Nah I've had my fair share of problems on Xbox One too. The reason you see less people complaining about is obviously because less people are playing the game on Xbox. Sword disappearing, Crota standing up after two heavy slams (like holy shit he caught me totally off guard there) etc. It's kind of a mixed bag really sometimes.
Thanks for the input.

Yes I've seen this happen on a few guns. The one that comes to mind right now is the machine gun that drops in Crota's End. Song of Ir Yut or whatever. It lists it as a 38 round magazine or something, when it's like double that.

Sullichin

There's only a couple of weapons I want and I'm cool with my odds of getting those being low. But I see no reason why he shouldn't cycle through the entire exotic inventory before repeating items instead of the clearly weighing certain items over others. I already have Thunderlord but I'd consider it a great Xur week if he finally sold it. There'd be pages of OMG Thunderlord instead of everyone being bummed out. I definitely agree new players should be able to buy the exotics we already have dupes of, and Xur is more for them. But Bungie could just make some simple adjustments and make a ton of people happy. Don't sell the same weapon 2 weeks in a row, totally ignore some weapons or armor, sell upgrades to said weapons and armor before selling them, or have an inventory where literally every item requires the DLC. Don't go a month without heavy ammo, and mix up the engrams. Every Xur week doesn't need to be amazing but it's like they keep finding the new worst combination of things to piss everyone off with.

I'm definitely starting to get burned out by this game.

I've had my best loot drops ever this reset (1st ghorn, 1st mida, black hammer and 3 duplicate exotics) and after running my last crota normal last night I looked at the map screen and just had that feeling that there was nothing else I wanted to do.

Hard mode has really annoyed me with it's cheapness. Xur not selling heavy ammo is making it worse. As I refuse to farm glimmer to buy from the armourer. I still enjoy getting groups together and running the content. But I think it's time to start playing other games alongside. Whereas before i would sit in roc strikes it just makes more sense to play something else now.

Bungie really need to intervene with some of the rng. Sometime small like xur selling heavy synths would make a massive difference in my will to play destiny this weekend. Odds are I will Sherpa a few inexperienced clan mates through the first sections of crota hard and give flawless a run with the more experienced guys. But other than that I have the following to play;

1. Game of thrones ep1&2
2. Walking dead season 1&2
3. Ground zeroes
4. Transistor
5. Valiant hearts

Not to mention some of my older backlog.

There has to be some event lined up to keep people interested. Trials of Osiris would be a good one. Or even a queens wrath event. I do not want to see iron banner again till March at the earliest. Give us more pve! Make VoG level 32, just do something.

Omni

I'm making a Hunter for the hell of it. Figure the four glove engrams that rolled into "Don't touch me" was a sign

Theorry

Time for a little break then. What are they thinking. Waiting so long with new DLC.
March was perfect. Because i have done everything now from TDB and have everything.

Top Bottom