• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Yep, several things I'm going to buy from Xur when I get home. Kinda funny to see the 1% who have put the most time into the game complain about Xur and a lack of things to do until the next DLC.. I mean... no shit.

I'm more annoyed that he keeps selling the same shit rather than having a nice rotation. Just look at some of the absurdly long streaks there have been.

Shito

Yep, several things I'm going to buy from Xur when I get home. Kinda funny to see the 1% who have put the most time into the game complain about Xur and a lack of things to do until the next DLC.. I mean... no shit.
I have been playing the game since day 1, and there are armors and weapons Xur has yet to sell even once.
Also, the "1%ers" are more angry at him not selling heavy ammos than anything, and there's no defending Bungie for this point, really. :/

You made a long post saying you quit after HM was released too, but you were back by like the next day.

It's okay to admit that you're burned out by the game right now without acting like you're done with it forever. If you liked the game this much for the first 5 months, you will return when new content hits. I mean, you're already king of backtracking by admitting that you're still going to do the raids and stuff.

The reason why I made a long post is you're new here and I just felt I should explain my reasoning. I don't think I stated I am "done" in my last few post.
Well with the weapon nerfs and all that I wonder if this game will survive until May. I think I've had my fill personally.
and I answered him by saying
It wont especially with all the other games coming out. Its a shame since personally for myself and a few others, this thread is our "home" thread for Neogaf. I had my fun with the game and made alot of great gaming buddies that I hope to continue to play games with in the future. Maybe if Bungie redeems themselves with Destiny 2, we all come back :)
I reply to him by saying the majority of the community will be dropping out now till HoW if they decided to return.

Personally I don't believe I every "backtracked" I most likely made an angry, salty post but of course, when you're pissed, you're pissed and unable to think clearly. A day or two is very different from 5 months. In addition you do not know me at all and I do not return to games if I stop playing for a week or two. Frankly I like the community way more than this game as of now.

Each their own of course. You can continue to believe I am a hypocritical person and youre more than welcome to do so. If you do want to continue this discussion, make a legit post besides a few short sentences. But you dont know me personally and I do believe some of the regulars I play with will agree with my point of view.

Thanks guys. You made such a difference to that group
anytime! I def scrubbed it up at first and got a little greedy but no wipes :p

nOoblet16

One good week in something like the last 12 is still really poor. I can understand poor weeks every so often as the inventory is cycled, but you would expect something new and/or useful at least once a month. Lack of heavy ammo for so long is also a kick in the balls.

Going to run VoG HM from Templar room to forget about another shit week. Add your name if you want to run it.

I'll come if this is still on. My PSN is same as my username here. I've actually never managed to finish VoG ever always get stuck on the Atheon Part. Also do you live in Liverpool? or are you just a fan of the football club?

No heavy ammo synths?

NO FUCKING HEAVY AMMO SYNTHS XUR???

xXoZby2.jpg

I LOLED at work at this post so hard.

managed to get ruin wings from an engram so xur wasn't a total bust for me

but it sounds like they're not even worth it for crota lol

ah well i still strike on occasion so i'm sure they'll come in handy somewhere

also finally got abyss defiant today after 8 tries.. only need word of crota and I'm outie 5000

im noticing less and less people on my friends list playing destiny lately

Feorax

I'll come if this is still on. My PSN is same as my username here. I've actually never managed to finish VoG ever always get stuck on the Atheon Part. Also do you live in Liverpool? or are you just a fan of the football club?

I have to go out soon but I'll try and tun it in a few hours. Hopefully will be a bit more interest then.

And to to answer your question, I live only a couple of miles outside Liverpool, and I am a fan of the club. You'll find me around the Football OT in the community thread most of the time if I'm not here.

bitsurugi

Another Xur day, yet another big disappointment.

I knew it. Usually i was all hyped on tuesday (reset) and friday, the Xur day. Last weeks, i just get disappointed, since RNG is killing me on reset days... now even on Xur day.

They should just kill Xur IMO. His role is to COUNTER RNG, but now he just adds ANOTHER LAYER of RNG, which is bad and adds more disappointment to already disappointed ppl via the stupid RNG system this game has.

Why he is selling some items 2 or 3 times, while other (Thunderlord) never since release eludes me. Is it so hard to add a rotation, so that he sells EVERY exotic before he sells the same exotic the 2nd or 3rd time?

Now we have RNG on THE ONE exotic might be usefull to us, and even that is somehow pondered now, that DLC1 items will be on sale every 3 weeks.

People like me have 400+ coins and NOTHING to use them on. Let him trade it fro glimmer, let him trade coins for engrams. Anything useful, please!

Also:
why don't let him sell exotic WEAPON engrams? I'd gladly pay 25 coins PER ENGRAM or more. I just wana use my coins, but now i can't!

And the no heavy for like what, 5 weeks, why Bungie? Ppl will get even more frustrated now that the bad and/or poor ppl will be showing to Crota HM with no heavies. Thank god i bought like a million heavy ammo packs back in the old days. Even I am getting slowly scarce on them and i bet few ppl have more ammo packs then myself, since i literally had the vault stuffed with those to the max.

nOoblet16

I have to go out soon but I'll try and tun it in a few hours. Hopefully will be a bit more interest then.

And to to answer your question, I live only a couple of miles outside Liverpool, and I am a fan of the club. You'll find me around the Football OT in the community thread most of the time if I'm not here.

Well I live in Liverpool. ..heh

Woke up this morning exicited to see what Xur had for sale...googled "Xur destiny" and went to the first link...then...

open-fridge.gif

So dissapointed. He's only sold Mask of the Third Man TWICE. Was thinking maybe this was the week. And where the hell is the Red Death upgrade? Ugh.

noomi

Sad xur day is sad :/

Even more sad that people are taking a break from destiny or leaving. House of Wolves seems so far, but I trust many of you will be back when new content arrives. Meanwhile I'll be here running roc strikes, and playing every Tuesday.

<3 u dgaf, never change.

First hunter

Well yeah, but as a warlock I got a bunch of Hunter and Titan armor so all I had to do was equip those when I got to level 20.

Sad xur day is sad :/

Even more sad that people are taking a break from destiny or leaving. House of Wolves seems so far, but I trust many of you will be back when new content arrives. Meanwhile I'll be here running roc strikes, and playing every Tuesday.

<3 u dgaf, never change.

A break can do wonders for you specially if you are a little burned by bungies decisions. :)

I need to work on some of my backlog, but I'll definitelly be back to full force once HoW is out.

Jinjo

Back to the Exclusion Zone we go!

I only got one hard or about two normal CE raids in me and I have enough ammo packs for that still. Just levelling the last bits of my gear now and then I really might go take a break from Destiny for a while, maybe log in one night in the week for nightfalls and partycrash a GAF raid but other than that... Vacation is nearing soon too.

Akai XIII

We'll be doing a final HM CE run before we quit tonight, or at least Robinson and me will be. Save a run for us!
Quit? Like perma quit or just for the day? Did you/are you getting Dying Light... Might grab it tonight.

I'll save all three if you fancy doing three runs. Need to do VoG once more too.

Zakalwe

Banned
Not done a thing this week. No raids, no weekly, no NF.

If anyone is running any if the above and needs a body to tag along let me know. Online now dossing around.

Only level 31 but I have max Xur'd G'horn and IB.

Psn: astropoff

Not done a thing this week. No raids, no weekly, no NF.

If anyone is running any if the above and needs a body to tag along let me know. Online now dossing around.

Only level 31 but I have max Xur'd G'horn and IB.

Psn: astropoff

I'll join if you need more players.

I'm in too.

I am up for some crota goodness. PSN is greyblade.

I'm up for Crota too, Akai_XIII.

And there is your team

Quit? Like perma quit or just for the day? Did you/are you getting Dying Light... Might grab it tonight.

I'll save all three if you fancy doing three runs. Need to do VoG once more too.

I was in doubt about Dying Light, but the disc version doesn't arrive until the end of the month and I refuse to buy overpriced PSN versions.

We can probably do some more runs, not much to do otherwise anyway. We'll also probably quit until HoW arrives, not much use playing until then. Not enough content in the game to hold any of us over that long.

I was thinking of picking up Final Fantasy XIV soon, I think Robinson and Qurionn are going for Borderlands on PS4. Might get it as well eventually if more people get it.

Sunbreakers yea!

Seriously. I didn't have them.

Only 2 exotic Armour pieces left to collect!

Hunter Arachnid helmet and Warlock Skull helmet.

Woooooo!

No heavy again. Fuck off

Top Bottom