• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Nuszka

So all 3 classes at 32, basically i got everything except the titan raid helmet from CE, all exotic weapons and gear that i wished for. So if anyone sees me playing different games then Destiny, do not worry i am still in for tuesdays. I have a big backlog , some titles even a year old that i want to complete. Need to free up some space on my hd before Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X, Witcher 3 release. I honestly was hoping for HoW to come out in march, it gave me a reason to grind and collect for the upcoming weeks, before release of the new dlc, but it ain't happening :(
In the back of my head i still hear Bungies pre release quotes about the ever changing, expanding world in Destiny, that every new experience will be different from the previous one. I know some of us were dissopointed with the game, but i am mostly fed up with the lack of support for that game from Bungie itself. I will still be here anyways and try to help out guys in our group this week.
But for now i am starting to play other games as well, new ere has begun, the one where Destiny has to share play time with other titles.

I would like to buy the Gjallarhorn but I see why they're afraid of selling it, I think it's dumb but I get it. What I really don't get is why he's never sold Heart of Praxic Fire or Dire Ahamkara. That is just mind blowing on their part.

Do they think these exotics will break the game or something. I don't get it. It just comes off as you'll buy what we want you to buy and you'll like it.

No heavy ammo synth is just straight up mean spirited.

Sullichin

I'm definitely starting to get burned out by this game.

I've had my best loot drops ever this reset (1st ghorn, 1st mida, black hammer and 3 duplicate exotics) and after running my last crota normal last night I looked at the map screen and just had that feeling that there was nothing else I wanted to do.

Hard mode has really annoyed me with it's cheapness. Xur not selling heavy ammo is making it worse. As I refuse to farm glimmer to buy from the armourer. I still enjoy getting groups together and running the content. But I think it's time to start playing other games alongside. Whereas before i would sit in roc strikes it just makes more sense to play something else now.

Bungie really need to intervene with some of the rng. Sometime small like xur selling heavy synths would make a massive difference in my will to play destiny this weekend. Odds are I will Sherpa a few inexperienced clan mates through the first sections of crota hard and give flawless a run with the more experienced guys. But other than that I have the following to play;

1. Game of thrones ep1&2
2. Walking dead season 1&2
3. Ground zeroes
4. Transistor
5. Valiant hearts

Not to mention some of my older backlog.

There has to be some event lined up to keep people interested. Trials of Osiris would be a good one. Or even a queens wrath event. I do not want to see iron banner again till March at the earliest. Give us more pve! Make VoG level 32, just do something.

Seems like we get Iron Banner about every month and that's fine by me. I'm primarily a PVP player and there's nothing like the Raid or Nightfall every week for Crucible. I don't see a problem with it getting the spotlight / being an opportunity for gear every month or so.

Hawkmoon is my only motivation.
Great gun and it's so much fun in crucible. Hope it drops for you. At least you can get it by chance during a bunch of different activities. I get one fucking chance per week at the Vex (well 3 chances, but you get what I'm saying)

I wish they would let you spend 20 strange coins or motes or something and reset the raid so you could run it again.

R0ckman

Well with the weapon nerfs and all that I wonder if this game will survive until May. I think I've had my fill personally.

Xur obviously doesn't subscribe to the motto that "variety is the spice of life". I'm bummed to see everyone dropping off as HM crota will be even harder to do now....

Xur obviously doesn't subscribe to the motto that "variety is the spice of life". I'm bummed to see everyone dropping off as HM crota will be even harder to do now....

Exploit the Heavy Ammo drop glitch, it isn't that big of a deal right now. Only takes a couple of minutes and is very much worth it.

Feorax

That's kind of my feeling too. I could keep going, but if this community is about to disperse then I might as well take a break too.

This is the ultimate problem of not having matchmaking for NF/Weekly/Raids, when communities start to burn out it takes bigger numbers out of the game than you would expect.

Well with the weapon nerfs and all that I wonder if this game will survive until May. I think I've had my fill personally.

It wont especially with all the other games coming out. Its a shame since personally for myself and a few others, this thread is our "home" thread for Neogaf. I had my fun with the game and made alot of great gaming buddies that I hope to continue to play games with in the future. Maybe if Bungie redeems themselves with Destiny 2, we all come back :)

Manp

Oh no you didn't...

i did. i really don't care what weapons or gear are on sale but why no heavy ammo synths for one month now?
we all have been battling with the fucking heavy ammo bug since the game launched, while they're still unable to fix it, and on top of that they add the no heavy ammo synths from xur troll?

i still enjoy playing this game mostly because of the great people i met through it but yeah... too many low blows from bungie.

It wont especially with all the other games coming out. Its a shame since personally for myself and a few others, this thread is our "home" thread for Neogaf. I had my fun with the game and made alot of great gaming buddies that I hope to continue to play games with in the future. Maybe if Bungie redeems themselves with Destiny 2, we all come back :)

Oh man, I didn't even think about that.

Now that I think about that, this is really the only thread I visit often.

Activision announced today in their quarterly earnings report "major content release" scheduled for fall of 2015. Probably Comet.

Cautiously optimistic.

Shito

Exploiting the Heavy Ammo drop glitch, it isn't that big of a deal right now. Only takes a couple of minutes and is very much worth it.
I can understand people not wanting to "have to" deal with this shit, though.
I mean: there is a known bug that makes you lose heavy ammos on respawn that has been there since the launch of the game, there is a known bug that doesn't credit you ammos when you use a synthesis with no free room in your inventory that has been there since the launch of the game, and HM Crota requires you to use a lot of heavy ammos.
I can understand people not wanting being forced to exploit a glitch that takes a few minutes each try because Bungie won't even throw them a bone while they take time to fix some 5 months old bugs. :/

I am quite into tough love usually, but even for me it's starting to get a little bit too much. ^^

Stop pretending like you won't be playing on the first days of HoW, Comet, etc.

Has anybody used Three Little Words (pulse rifle from the Crucible QM) for PvP? Tons of impact, Third Eye, etc. Is it competetive right now? Just wondering ho good it might be after the weapon balancing.

IHaveIce

Banned
Long-time lurker (XBone Titan 31), tried my first raid (VoG) a few nights ago with some randoms.

We got to the jumping puzzle.

So now when I am LFGing, do I put "gatekeepers" as my checkpoint or "gorgon's maze"?

What is the most effective way to find a group in the hive-mind's experience? I would join a group here, but I am pretty sure I am just not up to snuff skill/knowledge-wise.

I would join you. GT : IHaveAnIce

LSX-Ray

Neo Member
Getting real tired of farming glimmer just to buy heavy synth. Also why sell the same exotic engram as last week, and the dont touch me's... C'mon thats straight up trolling us. Bungie knows we need the heavy, they know ruin wings are not working worth a shit and yet they basically wanna keep fisting all the players till we all quit.

Carn82

Gee bungie, you are serious about your pulserifles. Last 4 legendary primary engrams ended up being pulses :/ Already sharded 2 of them; will probably put the rest in the vault to see what the new buffs/nerfs will do.

Toski

Remember when they said there would be something new to do every day you logged in? They implied there would be some sort of persistent world that would evolve and change over time.

Remember when the game launched and there was a Calendar detailing numerous upcoming events? Yeah, that all fell by the wayside. It is just the same old shit every day.

Its quite clear they're throwing everything they have at either Comet or Destiny 2. Since HoW is coming Q2 instead of Q1, they're pulling content from Comet and putting it into HoW to save this game.

I'm of the mind they should focus on Destiny 2 and let this game die once HoW releases.

EL CUCO

Getting real tired of farming glimmer just to buy heavy synth. Also why sell the same exotic engram as last week, and the dont touch me's... C'mon thats straight up trolling us. Bungie knows we need the heavy, they know ruin wings are not working worth a shit and yet they basically wanna keep fisting all the players till we all quit.
Banshee-44 making a killing these days

Stop pretending like you won't be playing on the first days of HoW, Comet, etc.
Hmm well the last game I really "played" was CoD:MW2. I dont tend to play games "alot" and I have a horrible habit of buying alot of games, playing ~5 hours then completely stop playing them. The only game I have beaten within 1.5 years is MGS:GZ since it was extremely short :p My backlog is extremely massive due to graduate school as well
even less time when I start my PhD program D:
. I see you're a junior member and new here as well, so I will state I am def burnt out. From helping alot of gaffers get flawless trophies, carrying alot of low levels through the nightfalls, weeklies and raids (just carried a lvl30 thro hard Crota's End), owning every exotic weapons (besides that trashy crux I dont care about. ) and good exotic armors.

So whats the point in playing as of now?

Frankly I will continue to do the raids with the regulars I play with, the community since its the best community I have played with and run HM sword whenever people need help and I am available. I believe I def made some great gaming buddies here, some of them even trust me enough to give me their PSN account info when they are on vacation to do X or Y and I have gotten to know a good amount of gaffers as well. No more grinding bounties, strikes, pvp and weekly events unless I am playing with the regulars or helping out low levels.

I most likely wont get Comet unless a majority of the regulars I play with gets it and if school permits it.
sucks since I play with a decent amount of people here :p

Slowly quitting the game, I have 2 weeklies and one HM Crota left but probably won't bother because there's no motivation and its not fun anymore. Next week might do reset run with raid group and call it quit altogether.

Steroyd

Exploit the Heavy Ammo drop glitch, it isn't that big of a deal right now. Only takes a couple of minutes and is very much worth it.

This is why that glitch annoys me, the intro takes long enough, then we got Batman prep time ontop of it, and then we get bullshit like the sword disappearing wrecking that perfect run, then we start from scratch clearing our ammo again, it all adds up in an annoying way.

This is why that glitch annoys me, the intro takes long enough, then we got Batman prep time ontop of it, and then we get bullshit like the sword disappearing wrecking that perfect run, then we start from scratch clearing our ammo again, it all adds up in an annoying way.

Seriously. You either waste your time dumping ammo or Glimmer farming. One way or another, Bungie gets their grind.

pringles

To be fair, all three armor pieces on sale are excellent. It's too easy for us to say "omg no excitement" because we have most of what we want.

Short of Thunderlord or the Horn, most of us will be meh about weapon sales too. With a little perspective, I can't really say this is a bad week sale even if there's nothing there I don't have. It's a great week for newcomers and more casual players, who depend on Xur way more than we do.

Ask yourself: what armor piece would have made you celebrate? 1 or 2 pieces maybe? Odds are really stacked against us since we have so much already. Sure, Praxic or Saint-14 would be nice for those who haven't got them yet but in all fairness everything in sale this week is a must-own (including based Plan C).

No heavy ammo is still inexcusable though.
Yep, several things I'm going to buy from Xur when I get home. Kinda funny to see the 1% who have put the most time into the game complain about Xur and a lack of things to do until the next DLC.. I mean... no shit.

Hmm well the last game I really "played" was CoD:MW2. I dont tend to play games "alot" and I have a horrible habit of buying alot of games, playing ~5 hours then completely stop playing them. The only game I have beaten within 1.5 years is MGS:GZ since it was extremely short :p My backlog is extremely massive due to graduate school as well
even less time when I start my PhD program D:
. I see you're a junior member and new here as well, so I will state I am def burnt out. From helping alot of gaffers get flawless trophies, carrying alot of low levels through the nightfalls, weeklies and raids (just carried a lvl30 thro hard Crota's End), owning every exotic weapons (besides that trashy crux I dont care about. ) and good exotic armors.

So whats the point in playing as of now?

Frankly I will continue to do the raids with the regulars I play with, the community since its the best community I have played with and run HM sword whenever people need help and I am available. I believe I def made some great gaming buddies here, some of them even trust me enough to give me their PSN account info when they are on vacation to do X or Y and I have gotten to know a good amount of gaffers as well. No more grinding bounties, strikes, pvp and weekly events unless I am playing with the regulars or helping out low levels.

I most likely wont get Comet unless a majority of the regulars I play with gets it and if school permits it.
sucks since I play with a decent amount of people here :p

You made a long post saying you quit after HM was released too, but you were back by like the next day.

It's okay to admit that you're burned out by the game right now without acting like you're done with it forever. If you liked the game this much for the first 5 months, you will return when new content hits. I mean, you're already king of backtracking by admitting that you're still going to do the raids and stuff.

Top Bottom