• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Midas

Why can't Bungie cycle through all the Xur upgrades every week. I've been waiting for the Red Death upgrade and still nothing

Because the code and its methods for Xûr are locked in a vault that they can't touch. And now it's already compiled. That's what they're trying to make us believe, at least.

Deku Tree

Done glimmer farming a while ago! I am offline for now but a lot of people jumped in and out and have the CP!

Sorry guys but I had to call it quits before I raged

Wow sorry Dhruv! When a sword master like you is approaching enrage you know the hard raid has major problems.

I think the most we can hope for is a bug patch at the same time as the ammo patch and the weapon tuning patch but I am not even holding a lot of hope out for that....

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Worst CE HM Boss run ever
We did everything right, lag/glitch fucked us over so much

Sword Disappearing, Crota Insta-Rise from kneeling, Crota running into Crystal room, Someone getting booted out of the game after Crota < 50%, Knights coming through Barrier, Thralls entering into crystal room per sword rotation (5/6 show up inside from the bottom), Boomers on opposite side launch barrage even though they are out of aggro range, Swordbearer Insta-Warps from left to right/right to left (heals up way too quickly) and enemies disappearing and reappearing in front of you

We went to orbit to fix this, still had these issues, JESUS!

Shito

Went to see what it's like on Bungie's official forums, and it's pretty much the same mood as in here.
Stumbled upon this, which made me smile a bit:

It's like having a crush on your female friend and finally getting around to telling her how you feel, and she just brushes it off. Just gotta find something new.

PuMa

Sword Disappearing, Crota Insta-Rise from kneeling, Crota running into Crystal room, Someone getting booted out of the game after Crota < 50%, Knights coming through Barrier, Thralls entering into crystal room per sword rotation (5/6 show up inside from the bottom), Boomers on opposite side launch barrage even though they are out of aggro range, Swordbearer Insta-Warps from left to right/right to left (heals up way too quickly) and enemies disappearing and reappearing in front of you

Did you have red pings?

Deku Tree

We were doing HM Crota last night and at around 11pm something happened to the Destiny servers and a lot of people on GAF were getting booted and right after that Crota started glitching non-stop. I wonder if this is a continuation of whatever started last night.

We were doing HM Crota last night and at around 11pm something happened to the Destiny servers and a lot of people on GAF were getting booted and right after that Crota started glitching non-stop. I wonder if this is a continuation of whatever started last night.

Looks like it, akai and astro got booted multiple times.

So yesterday Dr. Drizzay and couple of other peeps weren't to fond of my comments. Seriously, I don't think people should not complain, it's within everyone's right to do so, it just seems a little pointless to keep voicing the same complaints hoping that Bungie takes action when clearly it's at the bottom of their "to-do" list.

Do I think Bungie takes note of what we say on this forum? I believe they do, but taking action on our concerns is a different story. When it comes to nerfing weapons, fixing cheesing glitches and extending the grind, Bungie takes quick action, but on issues such as content, vault space, raid-breaking bugs and such, they take their sweet time. DGAF is a small portion of the total worldwide player base this game has, so it's silly to think our comments will be acted upon swiftly. Is that fair? To some extent no, because I believe DGAF has more playtesting skills than Bungie themselves. We find out about bugs and glitches within hours of content being released while Bungie seems cluless about it.

So am I trying to persuade people to change their opinion? No, but I do think people should just go with the flow. I was one to get infuriated over this game, but in the end just playing with friends and having a good time is better than any loot drop I got or didn't get. Hence my "whatever" attitude towards Bungie's patch notes and player complaints. Just enjoy the game for what it is. Stop worrying about trivial things. I have been gaming for about 20 years and I've yet to play the perfect game.

If you consider yourself a hardcore Destiny player, then by all means voice your complaints, but just know it is not worth loosing your breath when your prayers seem to be falling on deaf ears. Again, play and have fun, that's what it's all about.

Exploit the Heavy Ammo drop glitch, it isn't that big of a deal right now. Only takes a couple of minutes and is very much worth it.

Idk, it's a big deal to me. I don't feel like I should have to shoot my ammo in the air for 2-3 minutes like a jackass after every wipe because Bungie can't make Xur sell heavy ammo or fix the glitch that causes you to lose heavy ammo after you die.

I refuse to farm glimmer to buy synthesis. Flat out refuse. Especially with a bogus 25k cap on funds.

Damn, I really wonder what causes these issues..4/6 CE HM I did this week has went smoothly. The other 2 had minor issues such as the sword disappearing but after that it went as plan.

I did 3 CE hard mode raids last night and encounter only 1 sword disappearing,

Deku Tree

Exotics armor I am missing that I actually want

Helm St 14
Ruin Wings

Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)

Exotics armor that I don't have (I don't care)

Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
The Armamentarium

Knucklehead Radar

Exotic Weapons that I don't have (I don't care)

Thunderlord
Necrochasm

Everything else I have... I wouldn't mind getting 2 more Gjallarhorn but whatever... it's about time to start playing Destiny a bit less.

E92 M3

It's so upsetting to see what Bungie is doing with Destiny. I love the core of this game so much and can easily spend an hour walking around Earth shooting at shit. Unfortunately, Bungie refuses to acknowledge the community in a positive way and as a result many people are leaving. Without the community Destiny is nothing - I sure as hell wouldn't be rushing home from work on Tuesdays, waking up early in the morning and staying up late to finish raids if it wasn't for the friends I made playing this game.

COMMUNITY IS EVERYTHING.

We take a huge chunk of our day to play Bungie's game - and they simply don't give a shit. That hurts. Any other developer would love to have a dedicated community like us.

Deku Tree

So yesterday Dr. Drizzay and couple of other peeps weren't to fond of my comments. Seriously, I don't think people should not complain, it's within everyone's right to do so, it just seems a little pointless to keep voicing the same complaints hoping that Bungie takes action when clearly it's at the bottom of their "to-do" list.

Do I think Bungie takes note of what we say on this forum? I believe they do, but taking action on our concerns is a different story. When it comes to nerfing weapons, fixing cheesing glitches and extending the grind, Bungie takes quick action, but on issues such as content, vault space, raid-breaking bugs and such, they take their sweet time. DGAF is a small portion of the total worldwide player base this game has, so it's silly to think our comments will be acted upon swiftly. Is that fair? To some extent no, because I believe DGAF has more playtesting skills than Bungie themselves. We find out about bugs and glitches within hours of content being released while Bungie seems cluless about it.

So am I trying to persuade people to change their opinion? No, but I do think people should just go with the flow. I was one to get infuriated over this game, but in the end just playing with friends and having a good time is better than any loot drop I got or didn't get. Hence my "whatever" attitude towards Bungie's patch notes and player complaints. Just enjoy the game for what it is. Stop worrying trivial things. I have been gaming for about 20 years and I've yet to play the perfect game.

If you consider yourself a hardcore Destiny player, then by all means voice your complaints, but just know it is not worth loosing your breath when your prayers seem to be falling on deaf ears. Again, play and have fun, that's what it's all about.

I agree Predator.

It's so upsetting to see what Bungie is doing with Destiny. I love the core of this game so much and can easily spend an hour walking around Earth shooting at shit. Unfortunately, Bungie refuses to acknowledge the community in a positive way and as a result many people are leaving. Without the community Destiny is nothing - I sure as hell wouldn't be rushing home from work on Tuesdays, waking up early in the morning and staying up late to finish raids if it wasn't for the friends I made playing this game.

COMMUNITY IS EVERYTHING.

We take a huge chunk of our day to play Bungie's game - and they simply don't give a shit. That hurts. Any other developer would love to have a dedicated community like us.

I agree. Destiny has the best community of any game I've played and it sucks to see people bailing on it. Not because they naturally are getting bored with the game, but because Bungie won't throw us a freaking bone. Just having heavy ammo synthesis would have gone a long way for a lot of people and that was something simple.

I'm gong to be cutting back starting next week as well. It's getting harder and harder to run certain raids with less people playing. Weeklies and a couple raids next week are all I'll be doing. No ROC, no bounties, dailies, etc.

Shito

So am I trying to persuade people to change their opinion? No, but I do think people should just go with the flow. I was one to get infuriated over this game, but in the end just playing with friends and having a good time is better than any loot drop I got or didn't get. Hence my "whatever" attitude towards Bungie's patch notes and player complaints. Just enjoy the game for what it is. Stop worrying trivial things. I have been gaming for about 20 years and I've yet to play the perfect game.

I think I find myself in the middle: I don't really care that much, and I don't "rage" over Xur being crap again or them nerfing weapons I like; I just shrug it off and even smile a bit, because it honestly is becoming a bit of a joke.
BUT I can't help but feel a bit sad and disappointed with the lack of announcements, and the rare things we are getting those past weeks are about nerfs or cheese fixes, which doesn't help keep my excitement for the game. And I'm feeling this way and voicing my critics because I really care about the game, and I would love nothing more than keeping on loving it; but it's a bit frustrating in the long run to see the developers of a game failing to understand what makes people play their game, and go against them instead of giving them what they want.

I agree. Destiny has the best community of any game I've played and it sucks to see people bailing on it. Not because they naturally are getting bored with the game, but because Bungie won't throw us a freaking bone. Just having heavy ammo synthesis would have gone a long way for a lot of people and that was something simple.
Yeah, this, basically.
And it's not like we're the only ones saying this: their official forums are voicing the same complaints.
Bungie just isn't willing to listen. The heavy ammo situation is enough to understand that.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It's so easy to kill Crota in HM but the lag and glitches were fucking us up. What makes it worse is that I lost 7 heavy ammo synths and Xur doesn't have it today :(

E92 M3

I'm gong to be cutting back starting next week as well. It's getting harder and harder to run certain raids with less people playing. Weeklies and a couple raids next week are all I'll be doing. No ROC, no bounties, dailies, etc.

Exactly! They refuse to throw us a bone! How hard is it to make Xur sell fucking heavy ammo? We've been asking for heavy ammo the last 3 weeks.

I have 330 coins, what do I even do with them anymore? :/

Lol wow, I still only have around 50, but its growing steadily. I was planning on just using most on Heavy Synth, but Xur be holding out on us.

Is Xur completely random, or is it like based on some sort of algorithm?

Shito

Is Xur completely random, or is it like based on some sort of algorithm?
Deej once said Xur is not random, and his inventory is picked by someone each week.
He said that on a random stream, and since that Bungie removed this video and never mentionned that again.

We at least know they have some way of controlling it, since they once ran a poll to ask what the players would want him to sell. Players answered SUROS to a vast majority, and Xur had it the next Friday.

Its like winning the lottery when you can beat HM Crota in less than 4-5 wipes. Did it the other night with some LFGers. I was in shock. Barely any glitches. Reading about these glitches/bugs on here makes me dread running HM again next week.

Deej once said Xur is not random, and his inventory is picked by someone each week.
He said that on a random stream, and since that Bungie removed this video and never mentionned that again.

We at least know they have some way of controlling it, since they once ran a poll to ask what the players would want him to sell. Players answered SUROS to a vast majority, and Xur had it the next Friday.

As it was explained before, them saying the word 'random' isn't completely wrong. It just seems our meaning and thier meaning of 'random' differs...

So I was actually working yesterday and missed the entire BWU and Weapon discussion. From a quick glance at this page, everyone seems pretty butt hurt about it?

Am I missing something, because all of the changes sound great to me?

Deku Tree

I don't know why people closely parse the language Deej uses and why people believe that Deej is not totally willing at any given moment to just straight up lie to our faces for no reason other than he thinks it sounds good right now.

Interesting. If they held another poll, I wonder what would win: heavy synth or Gjallahorn lol

noomi

Offtopic:

Someone told me (Rubenov?) that they had replaced their dualshock 4 thumb sticks with xbox one thumb sticks.... I've worn my ds4 down pretty badly, and found some xb1 thumb sticks on amazon for .99 cents. Just ordered them, lets see how this plays out....

Anyone else do this?

Offtopic:

Someone told me (Rubenov?) that they had replaced their dualshock 4 thumb sticks with xbox one thumb sticks.... I've worn my ds4 down pretty badly, and found some xb1 thumb sticks on amazon for .99 cents. Just ordered them, lets see how this plays out....

Anyone else do this?

I ordered some last week and will be getting them in a couple days. Going to install them in one of my DS4's. It sounds so much better. Everyone that I've come across that's done it says it's great and super easy.

Top Bottom