• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Seriously the only way I am imagining Bungie "respecting" our Raid character progression and effort with HoW (referencing Luke Smith's comment) is for them to auto Bump Raid armor to level 33. I would like them to do this months before HoW drops personally now that it is dropping in Q2...

...any other idea's about how Bungie would change the system to "respect" our Raid character progression ?

They could do a half step. New Vendor gear only goes to 32. New HoW raid gear goes to 33. New raid is 32 Normal and 34 Hard.

An auto-bump is a good idea, but also feels haphazard.

Deku Tree

42 I think.

That Xbox clips vid on the last page showed 39 light claws exotic and 39 light vendor gear and 42 light armor too (probably raid gear).

It may have been crazy testing armor stats...

...but maybe the current plan is to auto bump raid gear and exotics to 39 light and let HoW raid gear be 42 light and make you Xur bump your exotics to 42 light from 39.

Frostburn

Goddamn knights kept coming in the crystal room and wreck our run before it even began.

On the flip side Darryl got the horn so it wasn't for nothing.

I notice that tends to happen a lot more if everyone is clustered in the back of the room and/or a Titan Bubble is up. If you hang 1 or 2 by the front windows behind the pillars it tends to help a bit.

Jaeyden

I am looking to do our #ForeverNoWhatever runs tonight. Running Atheonx3 for a chance at Exotics and the Vex.

I have the Gorgon Hard Mode Checkpoint, so the first run will have to include Gorgon's Maze and Gatekeepers unless someone else has the checkpoint for Atheon.

I have 3 Level 32 characters.

Time: 9:00pm EST
PS4: Cosmos_Man

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2.Hyunsai
3.Jaeyden
4.Comphermc

Please reply and quote this, add your name (PSN name preferred).

Comphermc and I will hop on that train.

Urzok should appear in Skywatch every 15 minutes in more than one event. If your not seeing him I think you need to look harder. Sorry about what happened.

Still need to do the quest on all 3 of my characters but I don't know if its even worth the headache. Can always use motes of light though

Shito

They could do a half step. New Vendor gear only goes to 32. New HoW raid gear goes to 33. New raid is 32 Normal and 34 Hard.

An auto-bump is a good idea, but also feels haphazard.
They can't force raid gear to reach new levels.
That would mean that a lot of people who bought the DLC but never or rarely raid would not benefit from the level bump.

I notice that tends to happen a lot more if everyone is clustered in the back of the room and/or a Titan Bubble is up. If you hang 1 or 2 by the front windows behind the pillars it tends to help a bit.

We did. I generally stand near the window because I find it more safer than near the wall, but even then they just kept charging in for some reason.

Since I have limited vault space I'm trying to figure out which weapons should I care about with the new raid. . All the new primaries suck right?

MildSoss

Oh man, no heavy ammo synths again? I'm starting to think Bungie secretly hates it's players.

Actually it's not really a secret.

Since I have limited vault space I'm trying to figure out which weapons should I care about with the new raid. . All the new primaries suck right?

No they don't suck. Fang of ir Yut is really good. The word of Crota is decent, but very useful for void burn. Abyss defiant could be amazing if Bungie wasn't out to destroy AR's. We'll have to wait and see what happens to oversoul edict after the PR buff. I would keep all four if I were you.

I am looking to do our #ForeverNoWhatever runs tonight. Running Atheonx3 for a chance at Exotics and the Vex.

I have the Gorgon Hard Mode Checkpoint, so the first run will have to include Gorgon's Maze and Gatekeepers unless someone else has the checkpoint for Atheon.

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2.Hyunsai
3.Jaeyden
4.Comphermc
5.Ty_84

Just need 1 more! I will send out invites around 8:45pm EST.

I will be down to do a full run of Crota's End Hard Mode afterwards if anyone is down, no need to commit yet, but that is what I will be looking to do afterwards if it isn't too late.

Born2Live

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
6. Ty_84

I'll be down for this.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Bad Juju surpasses it situationally. Areas where there's a lot of trash with majors are great for Bad Juju as kills give you instant reload, making it essentially an AR with no downtime. It also fills your Super faster so you can use that to take out majors and chain supers with your Fireteam.

Red Death is great for bosses and encounters with lower or phase trash spawns and more high damage dealing enemies.

Has the super thing been tested with BJ? It doesn't seem to fill my super any faster than with normal kills...

No heavy ammo at Xur again? People with no Gjallarhorn stay winning!

It has been 5 Xur visits since he had heavy ammo last. What. The. Fuck.

Taking Gjallerhorn out of the equation, the heavy ammo bug is rampant and awful, the least they could do is have heavy available. But of course Xur is just random ;)

I never had trouble with those Scrota Knights whether they charge or not, titan bubbles or not, etc. They are melee enemies so I just stay off the ground and jump around.

Still need to do the quest on all 3 of my characters but I don't know if its even worth the headache. Can always use motes of light though

Urzok bit is boring and stupid to tie him to public events, but the final mission you do after Urzok is actually a blast. Highly recommend everyone plays it at least once.

I'm still sitting on two Urzoks but don't care enough to get another 1 or 2 people together to kill him, like Deku said it's very easy if you have a group.

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2.Hyunsai
3.Jaeyden
4.Comphermc
5.Ty_84

I will be down to do a full run of Crota's End Hard Mode afterwards if anyone is down, no need to commit yet, but that is what I will be looking to do afterwards if it isn't too late.

Just need 1 more!

I'll be down for this.

Added!

Deku Tree

I'll definitely take some people with me. 3 should be enough right? And why is he so hard to kill? Is it his shield?

The most you can take is three. I usually did it with two or three. Yeah Urzok has a huge arc shield so bring arc weapons.

Shield is huge and regens fast but health underneath seems not a lot.

Hyun Sai

I already did my 3X hard Crota this week, so someone who need it can take my place afterwards.

Anyway, I'll be happy to do it for the fun.

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2.Hyunsai
3.Jaeyden
4.Comphermc
5.Ty_84

I woud like to join if somebody doesnt make it

ShikiAoi

No they don't suck. Fang of ir Yut is really good. The word of Crota is decent, but very useful for void burn. Abyss defiant could be amazing if Bungie wasn't out to destroy AR's. We'll have to wait and see what happens to oversoul edict after the PR buff. I would keep all four if I were you.

Sigh I guess it would be smart to keep them all (though I won't level them up equally), but they just take up so much space.

The Fang is amazinggggggg

Thanks I'll level that up right now then. Is it only good for PVE?

I woud like to join if somebody doesnt make it

ShikiAoi

You are our 6th!

#ForeverNoWhatever runs tonight. Running Atheonx3 for a chance at Exotics and the Vex. FINAL ROSTER

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. Hyunsai
3. Jaeyden
4. Comphermc
5. Ty_84
6. ShikiAoi

I will send out invites around 8:45pm EST.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Has the super thing been tested with BJ? It doesn't seem to fill my super any faster than with normal kills...
sure, it absolutely works. Obsidian Mind/Bad Juju (spec Soul Rip, Embrace the Void) Voidwalker is a monstrous Roc Strike build.

Bad Juju is a great weapon now, but for little having to do with being a pulse rifle; it's full-auto for starts. Red Death is the best pulse rifley pulse rifle for doing pulse rifle things, and outclasses Bad Juju in PvP easily.

Deku Tree

If Bungie can Buff shotguns damage 200% in PvE without changing impact and attack values and without changing their damage in PvP... Then why can't they buff Vex and Necro to be good PvE weapons too?

Why do the premier hard mode end game content raid reward weapons have to be essentially garbage tier?

LiK

If Bungie can Buff shotguns damage 200% in PvE without changing impact and attack values and without changing their damage in PvP... Then why can't they buff Vex and Necro to be good PvE weapons too?

Why do the premier hard mode end game content raid reward weapons have to be essentially garbage tier?

yea, if shotties can be buffed for PVE, i'm really confused why the Vex and Necrochasm didn't get the same treatment.

The vex is not garbage... Come on.

Deku Tree

Bungie said the vex was going to be your obvious first choice weapon to bring into Crota's end on Dec. 9. It wasn't even anywhere close to that...

Hoodbury

yea, if shotties can be buffed for PVE, i'm really confused why the Vex and Necrochasm didn't get the same treatment.

It is strange but my guess would be they can only do it based on the weapon class as a whole and not individual weapons maybe?

Hiko

Banned
It's crazy how the follow up to the Vex is something as mundane as the Nechrochasm. It's just a Dr. Nope style AR. The Vex was unlike anything else. The new raid exotic should have been a primary shotgun that shoots like a scout rifle. Or a sniper rifle that shoots like a machine gun. Or an AR that shoots rockets. It should be freakin nuts.

Sullichin

I messed around with Bad Juju in Crucible a bit in anticipation of the pulse rifle buff. It seems to suffer from jamming in full auto way more than TLW and Found Verdict

Sigh I guess it would be smart to keep them all (though I won't level them up equally), but they just take up so much space.

Thanks I'll level that up right now then. Is it only good for PVE?

I've gotten like 5 of each primary. Been keeping 1 for each character but yeah there is no space. Last night I dismantled my rapier and another NITC. I figured the fang can be my 331 scout rifle.
Vault space is really a huge headache. I love weapons but the low vault space really makes it hard to keep all the weapons I enjoy using

I never had trouble with those Scrota Knights whether they charge or not, titan bubbles or not, etc. They are melee enemies so I just stay off the ground and jump around.

Urzok bit is boring and stupid to tie him to public events, but the final mission you do after Urzok is actually a blast. Highly recommend everyone plays it at least once.

I'm still sitting on two Urzoks but don't care enough to get another 1 or 2 people together to kill him, like Deku said it's very easy if you have a group.

The Knights wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't aiming down the sights of an ice breaker in a small room trying to get as many heavy ammo packs as possible.

LiK

It is strange but my guess would be they can only do it based on the weapon class as a whole and not individual weapons maybe?

possible, altho they do have the ability to tweak Exotics individually like the Thorn. it's perplexing.

Top Bottom