• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

xCobalt

I haven't seen this mentioned when talking about the weapon changes, but does this worry anyone else?

"SCOUT RIFLE, SNIPER RIFLE, HEAVY MACHINEGUN, ROCKET LAUNCHER
For the most part, these weapons have not been changed as a part of this update. However, changes to the Destiny arsenal mean that untouched weapons may now seem different in side by side comparisons. You may discover new reasons to start using some of these weapons as part of your combat strategy."

I'm worried that this may be there way of saying there will be weapon specific changes for these and that one of those is a gjallarhorn nerf.

I don't see how you can get that at all. They're just saying people may start using the unchanged weapons due to the nerfs. If people can't adjust to the nerfs for fusion rifles or auto rifles, they may have to resort to using a scout rifle or sniper rifle instead.

That may cause some confusion to new players when their guns behave differently depending on the zones and its an immersion breaker (kinda)

Instead, I'd rather see all PvE mobs get their hit points reduced. Fix the root issue- a lot of these mobs got a bit too much hit points

I don't think the buffs/nerfs are significant enough to cause confusion but you do have a point there. At least with damage, they can keep them Seperate. AR's for example might need a damage nerf in PVP but they don't need one in PVE.

One thing that gets to me though is what seems like an inability on bungie's part to understand why AR's are popular in PVE and PVP. In the case of PVE, they're not popular because they're powerful

I was trying to get people to load up on heavy synth for a long time, because people kept complaining about the 100-200 strange coin piles they had. I spent every last coin I had on synth last two times he brought it. I've been buying a few heavy synths with glimmer just to have something this week, I ran out of my stash a while back.

Since Normal Scrota's Ass launched in December, I've gone through upwards of 800 heavy synth, at least. I popped them all the time, in every group I'd help with Scrota just because I never wanted anything I did to hold back the group (i.e. well, I probably don't need more rockets to finish Ogres and 3rd sword bearer...).

Edit: vvv I also stocked up on Telemetries of every weapon type over time as he sold them, so that I have 30+ of each now. Too bad I don't care about leveling any guns.

I understand that but no one would've guessed that he is not going to bring heavy synths for 5 weeks straight. Those 250 packs I bought were for 2 weeks tops, if I knew I would've bought a thousand because there's no way I'm spending glimmer to buy heavy packs, would rather stop doing raids.

patchday

I don't think the buffs/nerfs are significant enough to cause confusion but you do have a point there. At least with damage, they can keep them Seperate. AR's for example might need a damage nerf in PVP but they don't need one in PVE.

One thing that gets to me though is what seems like an inability on bungie's part to understand why AR's are popular in PVE and PVP. In the case of PVE, they're not popular because they're powerful

Yeah that's true

stb

yea, i'll join VoG if you get a group together.

Added you just for VoG

Still need 3 for tonight:

Anyone want to run the following Friday evening after 7:30pm Eastern
1) Fresh HM VoG (#forevernofoil)
2) However many additional Atheon kills the group needs
3) Fresh Normal Mode CE
4) Maybe tack on a HM Crota kill if we can get a CP?

We did 1-3 last week, and it took~3 hours, including needing to find a few replacements for the CE run.

If we could get 1 or 2 CE pros including a ninja sword carrier, #3 and #4 should't take more than 45 minutes.

Please quote and add yourself (and PSN, please), below:

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure)
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
3) LiK (PSN xLiKx) - only for VoG stuff
4)
5)
6)
alt 1)
alt 2)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Been out of the loop this week for RL issues. What is the consensus on the weapon changes? Seems to once again be changes aimed at PvP which very few give a crap about at the expense of PvE.
the consensus is disaster, obviously
I would also like to know this especially to my HC.

Please tell me its not bad....

Someone.... please
range on the high range hand cannons was beyond good, it doesn't sound like an extreme nerf to me at all but we will see. i'll be sure to report on hawkmoon.
Embrace your inner min/max'er Hawkian! :p
nah
Vex is not a good PvE weapon, but there aren't very many exotics that rank highly in PvE from a true min/max perspective. Using your exotic spot is the key here. Like I always say about these things: it's completely fine and you can do all content in the game with it because the ideal weapon load out isn't that critical. You can tear through the NFall with it... but why wouldn't you use Abyss Defiant or VoC as solar primary and put your exotic to something else?
fun

Embrace your inner min/max'er Hawkian! :p

Vex is not a good PvE weapon, but there aren't very many exotics that rank highly in PvE from a true min/max perspective. Using your exotic spot is the key here. Like I always say about these things: it's completely fine and you can do all content in the game with it because the ideal weapon load out isn't that critical. You can tear through the NFall with it... but why wouldn't you use Abyss Defiant or VoC as solar primary and put your exotic to something else?

Very true... if I actually play the game at all until weekly reset, haha. Best way I've found to save heavy synth: backlog!
I don't blame you. There's really noting to do
before somone request your sword skills
btw got running the sword HM down well I believe. Won't be as scrubbie as my titan normal crota kill :p maybe I shouldn't post that..
Is there any reason to run through the raids again on the same character once completed?
Help Sherpa some people?

LiK

Vex is fine for PVE. you guys are crazy. it chews through enemies so easily. I use it to farm VoG glimmer and also was farming Wax Idols against Hive. it's still great.

If they're full, I still have spots left.

Looking for 3 more. Crota HM full run.

That run was friggin SMOOOOOOOTH. Thanks again for the invite. Its always a pleasure running with your fire team. #TeamFirstTry...Boom!!! Now that I got the Fang I don't Have to bother with HM. Only missing the crux.

The Necrochasm should just be honest and shoot silly string. End of raid celebration weapon.

Lolz

Axoman

I don't see how you can get that at all. They're just saying people may start using the unchanged weapons due to the nerfs. If people can't adjust to the nerfs for fusion rifles or auto rifles, they may have to resort to using a scout rifle or sniper rifle instead.

Because of this, "For the most part, these weapons have not been changed as a part of this update."

That indicates there will be some changes. I could just be reading into it too much as well.

Born2Live

That run was friggin SMOOOOOOOTH. Thanks again for the invite. Its always a pleasure running with your fire team. #TeamFirstTry...Boom!!! Now that I got the Fang I don't Have to bother with HM. Only missing the crux.

Run was super smooth. Proud to now be a member of #TeamFirstTry. Crux still not mine yet.

I don't blame you. There's really noting to do
before somone request your sword skills
btw got running the sword HM down well I believe. Won't be as scrubbie as my titan normal crota kill :p maybe I shouldn't post that..

Help Sherpa some people?

You and unknown were awesome last night. It's unfortunate that you can't be too good or else he enrages too soon. Great encounter design if you ask me :p

Vex is fine for PVE. you guys are crazy. it chews through enemies so easily. I use it to farm VoG glimmer and also was farming Wax Idols against Hive. it's still great.

Like the Red Death, it's a good weapon that I don't enjoy using

NastyBook

We can try again later man. Got to take kids to the doctor. We can just recruit 2 more here off gaf :)
Dude responded with "What's GAF?" Blocked em right then and there. Had to be a lurker. Either way, sorry if anything bad was said by him and his partner.

I will be very diligent about who I add from FRs before Raids and the like from here on out.

I'm definitely down to do it again tonight, though, if your group'll have me. Gottta pick my wife up from work around 5 or so EST, so I'll be down anytime after that.

Atkison04

Dude responded with "What's GAF?" Blocked em right then and there. Had to be a lurker. Either way, sorry if anything bad was said by him and his partner.

I will be very diligent about who I add from FRs before Raids and the like from here on out.

I'm definitely down to do it again tonight, though, if your group'll have me. Gottta pick my wife up from work around 5 or so EST, so I'll be down anytime after that.

No worries man! I'm known for having iffy people on my friends list from time to time! I blame destiny lfg honestly! We'd be happy to have you man.I'll message you on here when we figure out the redo and recruit the other spots from here.

Lol I'm too old to listen to dudes talk all hard on the mic. Ruins the "fun" of it!

Dave_6

Added you just for VoG

Still need 3 for tonight:

Sorry, I'm not gonna be able to make it tonight. I've had something come up and may not be home until after 9 or so. If ya'll are still at it at that point and I can log on, I'll be glad to help.

I'm itching to get the chance to use my ballerhorn on something good.

Also LT I'm going be switching from my Warlock to my Hunter later tonight when we get to Crota.

Ambitious

Got this from a blue engram:

B9L8h4VIAAAk9Gt.jpg:large

The perk on the left is Hip Fire. The three perks in the middle are Snapshot, Fitted Stock and Skip Rounds. The vendor version has High Caliber Rounds and Glass Half Full, which I'd prefer over the perks of mine.

I'm done with Crota but saw this as another cheese exploit for Crota HM, seems like it'd be hard to get the disconnect person to sync with the person jumping out and frankly just easier doing it legit but for anyone who wants to try, since honestly its more fun figuring out whacky things to do solo/duo than the actual fights:

http://youtu.be/VYqLtemb4vs

Warning: extremely annoying youtube voice

the consensus is disaster, obviously

range on the high range hand cannons was beyond good, it doesn't sound like an extreme nerf to me at all but we will see. i'll be sure to report on hawkmoon

In regards to hand cannons, one thing i'm concerned about is what they said about taking more time for subsequent shots with hand cannons. Will their recoil be less predictable? Will the nose not come back down to its original position after the first shot? Since I use TLW, that could really effect how I use the weapon

hydruxo

I'm done with Crota but saw this as another cheese exploit for Crota HM, seems like it'd be hard to get the disconnect person to sync with the person jumping out and frankly just easier doing it legit but for anyone who wants to try, since honestly its more fun figuring out whacky things to do solo/duo than the actual fights:

"I don't ask anything of you...except to comment, like and subscribe!!! Get me to 10,000!"

These Destiny youtubers are the worst

Lnkn52

I'm itching to get the chance to use my ballerhorn on something good.

Also LT I'm going be switching from my Warlock to my Hunter later tonight when we get to Crota.

I got one this week too, and I really felt the power of GHorn at the Siege of Warmind mission. Killing all those wizards with one shot was insane. Never completed that mission so easily.

I wanna watch his videos just to hear him talk lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In regards to hand cannons, one thing i'm concerned about is what they said about taking more time for subsequent shots with hand cannons. Will their recoil be less predictable? Will the nose not come back down to its original position after the first shot? Since I use TLW, that could really effect how I use the weapon
It doesn't say that; all the changes seem universally aimed at making them less effective at the extreme long ranges that weapons like Thorn and Hawkmoon can 2- and 3-shot from.
Reduce effective range
Damage falloff starts closer to the shooter, and follow up shots are less accurate at long ranges
Slight reduction to initial accuracy
This is unnoticeable at close to medium range, but underscores the range intentions when used from far away
Assuming you stick around, you are free to correct me on this but I anticipate no noticeable change to The Last Word in typical use at all, simply because of the type of Hand Cannon it is

Lolz

Also still missing the crux D: But yeah, gotta love those first try run! As long as it doesn't glitch out it's not that hard.
Trying for a first try two sword kill now haha!

If anyone has nothing to do and wants to watch a stream: twitch.tv/shijierui

Deku Tree

"This took many hours to do..." lolz... "if it doesn't help you oh well"

Also still missing the crux D: But yeah, gotta love those first try run! As long as it doesn't glitch out it's not that hard.
Trying for a first try two sword kill now haha!

If anyone has nothing to do and wants to watch a stream: twitch.tv/shijierui

Ooooohhh Samonsonite...I was way off. Lol no wonder I couldn't find the stream.

Dazzler

Is Plan C actually worth buying?

I need a good legendary/exotic Scout Rifle. Switching over totally to Scouts given the recent AR nerf :(

Any suggestions?

I have a fully maxed Crusader I

vctor182

Alright, which of the two should I upgrade first: Bad Juju or Oversoul Edict?

I would go with Oversoul Edict. Bad Juju is great but I rather use my exotic slot to something else like IB or GHorn. OE tears apart knights and boomers with Arc dmg, 42 rounds, and it has auto. It cleans acolyte and thralls pretty easy too.

It doesn't say that; all the changes seem universally aimed at making them less effective at the extreme long ranges that weapons like Thorn and Hawkmoon can 2- and 3-shot from.

Assuming you stick around, you are free to correct me on this but I anticipate no noticeable change to The Last Word in typical use at all, simply because of the type of Hand Cannon it is

You're right it doesn't say that. I think I just interpreted it as taking more time for subsequent shots. The wording is still strange though. Why not just a range nerf? Why "follow up shots"?

Top Bottom