• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

blazeuk

After having a horrible start to Crota's End raid weapons, this week I've somehow managed to end it with every one of them except for Black Hammer (and the Crux hasn't dropped for me yet either). I'm also 7 more shards away from my second level 32 character, pretty good week overall although now I don't even know where to start with which weapon to upgrade first.

Navy Bean

So the next DLC is in the April/May/June time frame? Gonna be interesting to see if the community stays involved until it drops.

Rubenov

Bungie is following a communist ideology. Good weapons are nerfed to mediocrity, bad weapons are buffed to mediocrity. Look at all these mediocre weapons for everyone!

They need to be more capitalistic-oriented; let the cream rise to the top.

Forgive me, communist-GAF.

So the next DLC is in the April/May/June time frame? Gonna be interesting to see if the community stays involved until it drops.

The February update will likely breath some life into the game. At that point it'll likely be waiting the 6 weeks until HoW.

Bungie is following a communist ideology. Good weapons are nerfed to mediocrity, bad weapons are buffed to mediocrity. Look at all these mediocre weapons for everyone!

They need to be more capitalistic-oriented; let the cream rise to the top.

Forgive me, communist-GAF.

But if everything is mediocre, how do you tell that they're mediocre? Wouldn't everything just feel equal?

I guess I don't understand the point of the dig you're trying to make.

Do you think Deej is responsible for balancing weapons? Or is this a shoot the messenger type of deal?

Lol not at all. Just don't like him and since the recent weapon balance changes, just want to know what he thinks. I really don't but it's because his responses are so corporate and he doesn't relate to us at all. Not personable. I can see that by some of his comments during this stream. But anyways, it's basically a joke since he seems to not really care. His job seems fairly worthless.

Yes. Do you like fusion rifles?

Vanquisher VIII from the New Monarchy vendor is still a very effective weapon and I don't actually expect a 2.5% damage reduction to be a dealbreaker- but anyway, not what you asked

The MIDA Multi-Tool is the only exotic Scout rifle. While it is very good, unless you really want to commit to it your Exotic slot is usually better spent on a Special or Heavy weapon.

So in terms of legendaries:
-Vision of Confluence remains fantastic, and has full auto which might make the transition easy for you
-Fang of Ir Yut is superb and Arc
-Any of the 4 Vanguard or Crucible scouts are solid, and you can choose based on your preference, but the standout is the Saterienne Rapier which has Outlaw and Firefly
I got the next best thing recently:

untitleddsalu.png

TrueSight IS (strong target acquisition aka great autoaim)
Final Round (last bullet does bonus damage)
Armor Piercing Rounds
Firefly

woohoo!

At 6pmEST, I'll be running a HM Crota checkpoint on PS4. I'll likely be sword bearer, but that can be decided once we get together.

6pm HM Crota Kill

1. ArkkAngel007 ; 32 Bladedancer

If enough people want to join in but want to get in earlier, I can bump the time up as long as it works for everyone.

Lol not at all. Just don't like him and since the recent weapon balance changes, just want to know what he thinks. I really don't but it's because his responses are so corporate and he doesn't relate to us at all. Not personable. I can see that by some of his comments during this stream. But anyways, it's basically a joke since he seems to not really care. His job seems fairly worthless.

Nah. I'm sure he does so much more lurking and reporting on things than he ever responds to.

I'm sure what throws people off is the feedback process itself.

Basically, Deej sees posts about X issue. Reports issue back to Dev Team. Telling them that it's taking up Y% of conversations.

Then the devs do 1 of 3 things.

1) Okay, this is a high priority, lets get this fixed for the next patch
2) Okay, this is important, but it can wait. Lets send it out with the next DLC
3) Okay, this is important, but it isn't feasible to implement this until we launch a full sequel.

The problem is, we have no idea how many things will fall into the 3rd category until a sequel actually comes out. For instance, Deej was very talkative about some of the UI suggestions that popped up on Reddit a month or two after the game launched. However, we haven't heard a word about it since then. More than likely, that stuff fell into the 3rd category.

Think of Deej like an standard internet connection, his download speed is like 20x as much as his upload.

I highly doubt the DLC will be early April - they would have just said so. Will likely be in May which is 3 months away.

Whoops, I forgot a month. I was thinking patch the last week of Feb and then 6 weeks later we'd be halfway through May...

I blame my current headache, which doesn't show any signs of going away in the next couple hours. :/

I got the next best thing recently:

untitleddsalu.png

TrueSight IS (strong target acquisition aka great autoaim)
Final Round (last bullet does bonus damage)
Armor Piercing Rounds
Firefly

woohoo!

Actually you got a better thing in my opinion. Higher the impact, the better. Badger has the highest impact of any scout in the game. That with the perks you rolled makes it far superior to the pea-shooting Rapier.

Jinjo

Don't think I've ever shared my Destiny characters, but I am nearing Destiny ascendancy now so I felt the need to shamelessly show off:

Titan (my main squeeze)

mQ650cs.jpg

Lock:

SIRSTF9.jpg

(Maxed Oversoul Edict on this one instead of Defiant due to incoming AR nerf/PR buff.

Hunter:

fpAVGs2.jpg

No stealth weapon switching.
Yes, those are 3 seperate maxed Horns.
All characters have Icebreakers at their disposal too and can switch multiple weapon/armor exotics in and out depending on subclass/needs. Enough different elemental weapons on each class to handle whatever burn this game throws my way.

Now just to gather those last few radiant mats and some relic iron & filaments to max out the last armorpiece and two weapons on my Hunter and I can go into Destiny exile for a while.

It's funny that I'm putting in all this effort now to max everything for the sole purpose so that I can quit for a while lol.

Anyone up for a Fresh CE Normal run? Wanna take my buddy through it. He's run it before but not a ton of experience. Would need 4 more.

hydruxo

At 6pmEST, I'll be running a HM Crota checkpoint on PS4. I'll likely be sword bearer, but that can be decided once we get together.

6pm HM Crota Kill

If enough people want to join in but want to get in earlier, I can bump the time up as long as it works for everyone.

I'll join.

32 Titan

Iceman829

I just deleted a post that would've probably taken up a whole page. Basically I'm done after HoW since I had a season pass. I won't be buying comet or any future dlc they try to pawn off on us. If they wanted to make PvP so important to the game, as seen with all of these "updates", they should've included more maps and modes. Nighttime option is not a different map.

I'm going to stop myself now or I'll just end up retyping everything. You need VoG or anything later DMH? I know you've been busy with your RL stuff. Let me know if you are going to be around. I have gorgon cp if you want the chest as well.

Got a Fatebringer on my Hunter alt for the first time yesterday. Then today after killing the Templar with my Warlock I got a double drop of Fatebringers! Thanks RNGesus, one for each character!

patchday

Don't think I've ever shared my Destiny characters, but I am nearing Destiny ascendancy now so I felt the need to shamelessly show off:

Titan (my main squeeze)

mQ650cs.jpg

Lock:

SIRSTF9.jpg

(Maxed Oversoul Edict on this one instead of Defiant due to incoming AR nerf/PR buff.

Hunter:

fpAVGs2.jpg

No stealth weapon switching.
Yes, those are 3 seperate maxed Horns.
All characters have Icebreakers at their disposal too and can switch multiple weapon/armor exotics in and out depending on subclass/needs. Enough different elemental weapons on each class to handle whatever burn this game throws my way.

Now just to gather those last few radiant mats and some relic iron & filaments to max out the last armorpiece and two weapons on my Hunter and I can go into Destiny exile for a while.

It's funny that I'm putting in all this effort now to max everything for the sole purpose so that I can quit for a while lol.

Hawt!

Having multiple copies of the same gun is a lot of work tho. Wow. No trips to the tower to change gear? That's a nice luxury!

SkylineRKR

Ya but what perks does it have? I'd buy one but generally vendor versions are shit.

Vendor Vanquisher is pretty fucking good. I also got one with field scout, but it had hip fire buffs only. I sharded it. The vendor has spray and play which negates the smaller mag. Glass half full is still decent in PvE i think.

Mindlog

6pm HM Crota Kill

2. Hyrduxxo ; 32 Titan
3. Mindlog ; 32 Titan or whatever

Good time for me. I'd like to join if there's a spot.
32 Something. Probably Titan because I need a new helm still, but whatever.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I won't be buying comet or any future dlc they try to pawn off on us
Good- everyone who is unhappy with the game needs to follow this example.
Hawt!

Having multiple copies of the same gun is a lot of work tho. Wow. No trips to the tower to change gear? That's a nice luxury!
I don't swap gear at all, I just try to have competent loadouts on all three characters, and mix it up, especially now that I'm swimming in viable elemental primaries.

Looks like we have our 6. If you guys wanna add grimlock33 on PSN I've got a party going and can start so as we finish this daily.

1. grimlock33
2. LeviathanX
3. Axel (Lordsirsama)
4. Forza_Aldi
5. Jaydee191
6. GoreLies

Won't lie, after getting the Ballerhorn and being excited the fun of the game went away in 1 hour when I realized that I now achieved most of what this game has to offer. . going to make a Titan tomorrow once my Hunter alt gets this HM Crota kill tonight.

Might pick up Dying Light tomorrow, and see how well 1886 does with reviews.

Lnkn52

Won't lie, after getting the Ballerhorn and being excited the fun of the game went away in 1 hour when I realized that I now achieved most of what this game has to offer. . going to make a Titan tomorrow once my Hunter alt gets this HM Crota kill tonight.

LOL, that happened to me too last night. So I started my Titan alt. No rush to level up either.

Raybunny

GG for the GH. Dying light is a cool game. The crafting system is alright. You surely will have some fun.

I don't swap gear at all, I just try to have competent loadouts on all three characters, and mix it up, especially now that I'm swimming in viable elemental primaries.

Man, I've tried to do this... but it never lasts long... I always end up pining for my Badger or my Lash.

Outside of elemetal burn stuff (Nightfall), I rarely stray from the Lash.

Top Bottom