• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

hydruxo

Is Plan C actually worth buying?

I need a good legendary/exotic Scout Rifle. Switching over totally to Scouts given the recent AR nerf :(

Any suggestions?

I have a fully maxed Crusader I

Plan C is great for PVP, though how much it'll be affected by the upcoming nerf remains to be seen.

For scouts, I really like MIDA Multi-Tool. Good legendaries are Vision of Confluence, Fang of Ir Yut, and Saterienne Rapier.

Mindlog

Heavy ammo glitch isn't just about saving coins or glimmer.
I only do it if I'm not going to delay the team for very long. If I can do it quick I always do it. It isn't about saving synth as much as it is about spamming heavy. A Vex can be emptied from full in just about plate countdown + 10 seconds. I never do it if the delay is significant. I just pop heavy and cross my fingers for more. I probably have right around 100 synths left.

When using the glitch Gjallarhorn becomes my primary weapon. Heavy Ammo Synthesis alone can't do that.
Alright, which of the two should I upgrade first: Bad Juju or Oversoul Edict?
Bad Juju. It's fun. I'm just going to bounty level one of my OEs.

Then again I like my Radegast's Fury rocket launchers as much as my Gjallarhorns for most situations.

I need a good legendary/exotic Scout Rifle. Switching over totally to Scouts given the recent AR nerf :(

Any suggestions?

I have a fully maxed Crusader I

One day I picked up a Plan C from a Nightfall.

Next thing I knew, I hadn't touched a Shotgun or a Sniper in 2 months.

Remomanji

Neo Member
PS4

Crota Hardmode - Group is ready and we have the CP.
I am looking for a hunter who knows how to handle the sword ;)

Add me PSN: Remomanji

ich00

If anyone needs the gorgon cp on hard I have some time to kill so can share it. Ichabod00 on ps4. I should be on for the next 15 mins or so.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes. Do you like fusion rifles?
Vanquisher VIII from the New Monarchy vendor is still a very effective weapon and I don't actually expect a 2.5% damage reduction to be a dealbreaker- but anyway, not what you asked

The MIDA Multi-Tool is the only exotic Scout rifle. While it is very good, unless you really want to commit to it your Exotic slot is usually better spent on a Special or Heavy weapon.

So in terms of legendaries:
-Vision of Confluence remains fantastic, and has full auto which might make the transition easy for you
-Fang of Ir Yut is superb and Arc
-Any of the 4 Vanguard or Crucible scouts are solid, and you can choose based on your preference, but the standout is the Saterienne Rapier which has Outlaw and Firefly

Shito

I'm at the Archon Priest zone in Nightfall, before clearing it up.
Somehow don't feel like soloing this part with my weak 30 Titan, so if you need it don't hesitate to join me!
PSN is Bonsoir.

[EDIT]
Nevermind, got killed stupidly by a stupid Dreg. ^^

realcZk

Anyone murdering hard Crota? Still need it X 2.

xlNZRrJ.gif

NastyBook

Got this from a blue engram:

B9L8h4VIAAAk9Gt.jpg:large

The perk on the left is Hip Fire. The three perks in the middle are Snapshot, Fitted Stock and Skip Rounds. The vendor version has High Caliber Rounds and Glass Half Full, which I'd prefer over the perks of mine.
The Hip Fire can fuck off, and I wonder how Crowd Control works on an AR.

The MIDA Multi-Tool is the only exotic Scout rifle. While it is very good, unless you really want to commit to it your Exotic slot is usually better spent on a Special or Heavy weapon.

So in terms of legendaries:
-Vision of Confluence remains fantastic, and has full auto which might make the transition easy for you
-Fang of Ir Yut is superb and Arc
-Any of the 4 Vanguard or Crucible scouts are solid, and you can choose based on your preference, but the standout is the Saterienne Rapier which has Outlaw and Firefly

Mida is a great gun, but really only situationally good. If speed/movement is what you need, you will fly with this gun

VoC is the most sublime gun in the game. Nothing is remotely close to reaching the satisfaction that comes from using this weapon. Being able to go from precision shot King to sustained auto fire DPS is magical.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wonder how Crowd Control works on an AR.
It is very good.
Mida is a great gun, but really only situationally good. If speed/movement is what you need, you will fly with this gun

VoC is the most sublime gun in the game. Nothing is remotely close to reaching the satisfaction that comes from using this weapon. Being able to go from precision shot King to sustained auto fire DPS is magical.
hehe.

there's a lot of room for personal preference in destiny and that's maybe my favorite thing about it, or close. I love the VoC but it's actually not in my top 5 favorites.
What the heck is a guardian lord?

I can't keep up with all these OTs anymore...
Haha, it's been a fixture of the OTs since 11 or something.

I've had the VoC for months now and I always used it but only recently have i began to truly appreciate it. It's just a beautiful, silky smooth weapon. Nothing like it

JayHayabusa

I have HM Gorgons but I can't get on until tonight. If you shoot me a message at DazzlerIE tonight I'd be happy to log in super quick and share it with you

hopefully you can get fixed up before then, tho

Thx man> ichabod already shared it. Add me anyway jayforone and we can run things together.

It is very good.
hehe.

there's a lot of room for personal preference in destiny and that's maybe my favorite thing about it, or close. I love the VoC but it's actually not in my top 5 favorites.

Haha, it's been a fixture of the OTs since 11 or something.

That is a good point. There is a lot more variety among weapons than there appears to be on the surface, even within the same class of weapon types.

VoC isn't the best weapon in every category or necessarily the most efficient, but I love it the most in terms of how it handles.

joecanada

Yeah it's useless. Only weapon it actually worked on was the suros but they nerfed that too. It might actually be good. I wouldn't know since I haven't used a Suros in months
I've got an upgraded and vanilla one will test after patch and report back. But considering I don't like them now, probably a C- lol

ROFL he's trying to explain the lore and he stopped himself. He's really struggling

"We're going to name it Ishtar Academy because it has Lore relevance"

joecanada

Hey are people using the man at the back tower right side to distract boomers on hard mode crota?
I'm wanting to jump in but wondering what the go to strategy is lately

Hey DeeJ, what do you think about that SUROS AR that you're using there about to get nerfed?

You realize people can use weapons and still think they're too powerful right?

I've been saying Fusion Rifles need to be changed for a while, doesn't mean I'm going to stop using my Plan C.

Top Bottom