• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

hydruxo

who needs No Land Beyond when you can have this:

Order10.gif

Jinjo

Hawt!

Having multiple copies of the same gun is a lot of work tho. Wow. No trips to the tower to change gear? That's a nice luxury!

Yeah, the Horns admittedly took quite a bit of time. Had three of them since before the DLC hit, upgraded them to 331 once Xur had the offer, maxed out the first one pretty quickly obviously but the other two were not a priority for a while. At a certain point you just run out of good things to pump bounty xp in though and after you unlock wolfpack rounds they level themselves. No trip to the tower for weapon switching no more indeed. Having different viable loadouts for each character makes it more fun to switch up character.

Good- everyone who is unhappy with the game needs to follow this example.

I don't swap gear at all, I just try to have competent loadouts on all three characters, and mix it up, especially now that I'm swimming in viable elemental primaries.

Exactly, my aim was to have competent but different loadouts on each character (especially the primaries). Offcourse you see the Horns in there, but I got legendary backups in case I want to run another exotic. I find having very different guns on each of your class makes it a lot more fun to switch up playing your characters as they have a more distinct playstyle. Instead of just running with the single weapon loadout and switch it to every character.

Raybunny

Will this be your first Titan?

Do you know if there is a lot of replay value or competitive online/multiplayer?

I played only co-op and its fun. Makes the game even more enjoyable. Aside that, I do not have an answer for you, maybe on the Dying Light OT you will have what you seek.

PSN Crota Kill HM

1. Raybunzy titan 32
2. Rasstuppen Warlock 32

EL CUCO

Does anyone else map melee to R3/RS?

I always hear people say they do sword combos with R1, R1, R2 but for me it's R3, R3, R2 :D

Updated list:

6pm HM Crota Kill

1. ArkkAngel007 ; 32 Bladedancer
2. Hyrduxxo ; 32 Titan
3. Mindlog ; 32 Titan or whatever
4. -reserved until further notice-

I'll be sending party invites at 5:45pm EST.

May have another who messaged me on PSN. Just making sure they're going for this and not for an immediate round.

Exactly, my aim was to have competent but different loadouts on each character (especially the primaries). Offcourse you see the Horns in there, but I got legendary backups in case I want to run another exotic. I find having very different guns on each of your class makes it a lot more fun to switch up playing your characters as they have a more distinct playstyle. Instead of just running with the single weapon loadout and switch it to every character.

I mostly just try to make sure that I have 1 elemental primary that fits the class in a way that it compensates for the element they don't have access to.

In other words:

Titan: Abyss Defiant
Warlock: Fang of Ir Yut
Hunter: Word of Crota

After that, it's whatever works. My titan and warlock both have a G'horn, but my Hunter has the Hunger of Crota. I try to make sure each of them has their own unique sniper. Titan has Black Hammer, Warlock has LDR, Hunter has Longbow.

It's just more fun this way. I was constantly weapon swapping before the DLC hit in December and it was super annoying.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you know if there is a lot of replay value or competitive online/multiplayer?
There's an enormous amount of "stuff" if you like easter eggs, sidequests, collectibles, etc.

The entire thing can be played in up to 4-player coop and there is asymmetrical competitive invasion, which has some balance issues but can be incredibly tense and fun too.

More importantly the progression and fun factor are extremely well-tuned and if you can make your own fun with a sandbox it will keep you entertained for quite some hours. It won't replace Destiny long-term.

Won't lie, after getting the Ballerhorn and being excited the fun of the game went away in 1 hour when I realized that I now achieved most of what this game has to offer. . going to make a Titan tomorrow once my Hunter alt gets this HM Crota kill tonight.

Might pick up Dying Light tomorrow, and see how well 1886 does with reviews.

Dying Light is a bunch of fun. If you pick it up, I'll play some of the early stuff with you. I'm only a couple hours in.

PSN: GKW212

I got the next best thing recently:

untitleddsalu.png

TrueSight IS (strong target acquisition aka great autoaim)
Final Round (last bullet does bonus damage)
Armor Piercing Rounds
Firefly

woohoo!

I would rather use that against the bullet sponges in hard CE than the rapier. I actually dismantled the rapier last night. I kind of regret it cause it was a decent weapon against low level enemies but I really didn't think that weapon was all that great when I had it. the sights on it didn't appeal to me at all

Deej is laughing at people complaining about bugs right now.

Oh, it's that ride-along thing today, isn't it? Yeah, if people are complaining about bugs during that than I can understand.

If it's just in general though about those people, than that's poor form on his part.

Raegal

Updated list:

6pm HM Crota Kill

2. Hyrduxxo ; 32 Titan
5. DarkRaegal ; 32 Warlock

May have another who messaged me on PSN. Just making sure they're going for this and not for an immediate round.

I can join as well.

GG for the GH. Dying light is a cool game. The crafting system is alright. You surely will have some fun.

Thanks, been hoping for it to drop forever.

There's an enormous amount of "stuff" if you like easter eggs, sidequests, collectibles, etc.

The entire thing can be played in up to 4-player coop and there is asymmetrical competitive invasion, which has some balance issues but can be incredibly tense and fun too.

More importantly the progression and fun factor are extremely well-tuned and if you can make your own fun with a sandbox it will keep you entertained for quite some hours. It won't replace Destiny long-term.

Thanks for the insight. I was hoping Dying Light had a Left 4 Dead feel where you can just pop on and play with random people and have it still be a great time.

Dying Light is a bunch of fun. If you pick it up, I'll play some of the early stuff with you. I'm only a couple hours in.

PSN: GKW212

Thanks for the offer, talking it over with my fiancee on what game we want to pick up next. Either Dying Light or 1886. (I'm sad The Witcher 3 was pushed back)

Updated list:

6pm HM Crota Kill

2. Hyrduxxo ; 32 Titan
4. xEYCx ; 32 Warlock
5. DarkRaegal ; 32 Warlock
6. Saithan ; ?

Alt 1: Illini_guy_05
Alt 2:

Thanks for the offer, talking it over with my fiancee on what game we want to pick up next. Either Dying Light or 1886. (I'm sad The Witcher 3 was pushed back)

If you're choosing between the two, I'd probably go with 1886. From what I'm hearing and experiencing, Dying Light isn't anything terribly groundbreaking. Most people are calling it Dead Island with parkour.

I'm not saying 1886 will be necessarily groundbreaking either but I do think that game will end up being more "unique" than Dying Light.

Updated list:

6pm HM Crota Kill

2. Hyrduxxo ; 32 Titan

Can I reserve a tentative spot? Need a kill with my hunter. Illini_guy_05

While I agree with you, him laughing at the community, as community manager, speaks to his lack of professionalism and certainly doesn't make his job any easier in the long run.

Meh, he wasn't malicious about or anything. It's the kind of thing that if you're going to take offense to that kind of comment, you need some thicker skin.

This coming from a guy who doesn't care for Deej's style either, but I don't see the need to fault the guy in areas he isn't actually doing anything wrong.

Meh, he wasn't malicious about or anything. It's the kind of thing that if you're going to take offense to that kind of comment, you need some thicker skin.

This coming from a guy who doesn't care for Deej's style either, but I don't see the need to fault the guy in areas he isn't actually doing anything wrong.

Where is this happening exactly?

phen0m24

Hey bud, are you engaging in your typical Friday night activities? Home alone - kids with mom. Might do weeklies and a Nightfall.

Looked up the results of the VoG and I see Josh went kill crazy as usual lol. Hope he wasn't a pain
like me
and that everyone had fun. I crashed right at the gorgons lol

I'll be really sad if they really dropped the crux drop rate....I don't want to have to do HM crota 24 times like I did for the vex -_-

I didn't hear him laughing so I can't comment on the tone. But, he's a sales and marketing guy at his core (or at least at the core of his job description) and should be more careful lest he bites the hand that feeds his wallet.

I'm not faulting the dude, just questioning his general demeanor. You don't have to go far to find a lot of people that are pissed off at Destiny. Giving off any appearance of trivialization will only stoke the fire further.

Need 2 more for Crota HM kill. PSN Tokunbo.

Edit: first come first served
Tokunbo brings three 31s WHO HAVE NEVER DONE HARD CROTA, one of whom has no way to regen health, and I'm expected to run sword. I was thinking up excuses on how to leave after our inevitable tenth or eleventh failure and yet we take him down on our second try. One guy reveals he didn't have rockets the entire run. GG.

Updated list:

6pm HM Crota Kill

2. Hyrduxxo ; 32 Titan

Got one more still? Macello

Xur, why do you even bother...

I could buy some of the stuff, but I don't see the point. I'd probably never use Glasshouse over Saint 14. Plan C looks alright, but I'll just continue to use Pocket Infinity for my exotic FR. I'll just wait for them to drop.

Honestly the only thing I really want is Red Death and No Backup Plans.

I didn't hear him laughing so I can't comment on the tone. But, he's a sales and marketing guy at his core (or at least at the core of his job description) and should be more careful lest he bites the hand that feeds his wallet.

I'm not faulting the dude, just questioning his general demeanor. You don't have to go far to find a lot of people that are pissed off at Destiny. Giving off any appearance of trivialization will only stoke the fire further.

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I will say thing: I don't like the "customer is always right" mentality. If a customer is making a stupid demand, then I think it's fair for the company to call them out for an unreasonable request.

In this situation, someone on the twitch feed was yelling at Deej for wasting time with this tour of Venus when he could be at his desk working on fixing the heavy ammo bug. Someone needs to call this guy out, whether it's bungie or the community.

Edit: His laugh was more about the idea of him trying to manipulate code (or "the numbers" as he put it).

Top Bottom