• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey bud, are you engaging in your typical Friday night activities? Home alone - kids with mom. Might do weeklies and a Nightfall.
I've been drafted into a Hard CE
Looked up the results of the VoG and I see Josh went kill crazy as usual lol. Hope he wasn't a pain
like me
and that everyone had fun. I crashed right at the gorgons lol
He did great, I think he shot at some Gorgons so you can give him a hard time for that. We cleared Gatekeepers + Atheon on one straight run through which has never happened before in one of these runs, thanks to Sentient on the minotaurs.

Raegal

Updated list:

6pm HM Crota Kill

1. ArkkAngel007 ; 32 Bladedancer
2. Hyrduxxo ; 32 Titan
3. Mindlog ; 32 Titan or whatever
4. xEYCx ; 32 Warlock
5. DarkRaegal ; 32 Warlock
6. Saithan ; ?

Alt 1: Illini_guy_05
Alt 2:

I'll be sending party invites at 5:45pm EST.

I actually won't be able to make it, an alt can take my spot.

Jinjo

What point does a specific "lore-stream" have btw if they're just making stuff up as they along?

"So who found Sekrion? The golden age scientists or did 'we'?"

"Uhhh, I dunno. I think they just found him and he just whiped them out."

Mind blown.

What point does a specific "lore-stream" have btw if they're just making stuff up as they along?

Mind blown.

It wasn't a lore-stream, it was more about the art assets and appreciating the small things that get looked over every day. That's why he's there with an artist.

Earlier they were talking about inspiration for buildings and vex architecture. How they got inspiration for venus based plants, the lava, the water color, etc...

The lore stuff is mostly Deej trying to be funny and falling flat more often than not.

It wasn't a lore-stream, it was more about the art assets and appreciating the small things that get looked over every day. That's why he's there with an artist.

Earlier they were talking about inspiration for buildings and vex architecture. How they got inspiration for venus based plants, the lava, the water color, etc...

The lore stuff is mostly Deej trying to be funny and falling flat more often than not.

Would be pretty cool if they did have a lore stream.

Jinjo

Ah okay then I misinterpreted the intention of the stream. You're right about Deej's lore-jokes falling flat. The lore is already paperthin, why would you highlight that as a community manager with bad jokes lol?

Jinjo

I've maxed my Black Hammer (331 all bubbles) yet it hasn't turned yellow. Is that a known bug?

Yes because they disabled the visibility of the hive perk

Yes. It's because Bungie disabled the Hive Disrupter perk until they fix it conflicting with the White Nail perk.

edit: Whelp... :(

My two maxed Black Hammers have a yellow border. But I did already upgrade the Hive Disruptor perk pre-patch, so maybe that's why.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Tokunbo brings three 31s WHO HAVE NEVER DONE HARD CROTA, one of whom has no way to regen health, and I'm expected to run sword. I was thinking up excuses on how to leave after our inevitable tenth or eleventh failure and yet we take him down on our second try. One guy reveals he didn't have rockets the entire run. GG.

LMAO, had no idea and I didn't even think to ask. I assumed they knew the deal when they asked me to join. I was just as shocked as you when they spawned in.

Edit: I guess it goes to show that if people do exactly as they're told and the game cooperates, it's easily doable.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Tokunbo brings three 31s WHO HAVE NEVER DONE HARD CROTA, one of whom has no way to regen health, and I'm expected to run sword. I was thinking up excuses on how to leave after our inevitable tenth or eleventh failure and yet we take him down on our second try. One guy reveals he didn't have rockets the entire run. GG.

To be fair, if you know and understand the strategy and have someone good running the sword, it's not that hard, even with 31s. Of course, that's assuming no glitches.

Namikaze1

Who the fuck are karma.prunty and luvinu4mafar?

Seriously, who are these people? Fuck it. Time to fuck around with them like Twilight did with that one spam account.

LMAO, had no idea and I didn't even think to ask. I assumed they knew the deal when they asked me to join. I was just as shocked as you when they spawned in.

Edit: I guess it goes to show that if people do exactly as they're told and the game cooperates, it's easily doable.

That run taught me to be cautiously optimistic of hard odds in the future instead of downright abject about bad odds.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
To be fair, if you know and understand the strategy and have someone good running the sword, it's not that hard, even with 31s. Of course, that's assuming no glitches.

If there are any lag/connection issues, ensuring the Swordbearer is host makes a pretty significant difference, I feel.

As he should be. People need to understand that a community manager does not directly fix/impact bug fixes.

Yes but who else are people going to communicate that information to? They should track down and find the lead programmer and ask him/her?

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I will say thing: I don't like the "customer is always right" mentality. If a customer is making a stupid demand, then I think it's fair for the company to call them out for an unreasonable request.

In this situation, someone on the twitch feed was yelling at Deej for wasting time with this tour of Venus when he could be at his desk working on fixing the heavy ammo bug. Someone needs to call this guy out, whether it's bungie or the community.

Edit: His laugh was more about the idea of him trying to manipulate code (or "the numbers" as he put it).

Yeah I guess that's a stupid comment and frankly a lot of the negativity in the comments gets to me but Deej just has a way of getting under people's skin.

LTWood12

I've been drafted into a Hard CE

He did great, I think he shot at some Gorgons so you can give him a hard time for that. We cleared Gatekeepers + Atheon on one straight run through which has never happened before in one of these runs, thanks to Sentient on the minotaurs.

Was just about to confim with you. T-minus 3 hours. See you then Hawk.

Mind blown.

The designer then said they could probably find the answer in a grimoire card lol

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Macello (the guy you quoted) ran sword like a BOSS. Perfect every time. Way too modest about his skill.

That run taught me to be cautiously optimistic of hard odds in the future instead of downright abject about bad odds.

Yeah, me too. I think playing at off peak hours may have helped too? Don't know.

If there are any lag/connection issues, ensuring the Swordbearer is host makes a pretty significant difference, I feel.

Yeah, I've had to do that in the past, but we didn't even do that.

I'm also now a true believer in bubble distract. If you place it right, the boomers and Crota will aggro on you. Person in the bubble should be someone who can jump and rocket consistently.

rNilla

Didn't work on the left side for us last night. I got blown up by Knights :(

I've only ever tried right but had it fail only once. Might depend on when you set it up and where the Knights are when you first aggro. I haven't tried it enough to say for sure though.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Didn't work on the left side for us last night. I got blown up by Knights :(

I find it works better on the right and bubble needs to be placed off center, farther to the right.

Also, if they're already aggro on something else, dance in your bubble. They hate it.

Bubble should go up as soon as swordbearer is down.

Lee

I seem to be alone in this strategy but if your swordbearer is a hunter and uses his vanish super for his approach to grab the sword and jump up to Crota, the boomers completely ignore you as you do your thing. In my groups we have no bubble duty, no boomer duty, and as long as the swordbearer gets his approach right, boomers are a non-issue.

Speaking of running Crota, I'll be doing normal mode followed by hard mode (maybe a few of each) tonight on Xbox One. Gamertag is Trip Like I Do.

Top Bottom