• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just discovered you can withdraw items from the web app on your PC too. Damn, son.
The web app, unlike the mobile app, is actually pretty slick and responsive for me. feels good just being able to organize everything. Wish I could even dismantle stuff from the app.
Never needed 3 of everything, it was just a pain. Why do we need an app to do this though? Why can't this be done in game?
I hope that it is possible to do exactly the same thing in game (though console limitations are.. real. for example splitting stacks is something I never really see done perfectly), but the apps are pretty functional right now.

The web app, unlike the mobile app, is actually pretty slick and responsive for me. feels good just being able to organize everything. Wish I could even dismantle stuff from the app.

Eh, it could be useful, but more dangerous. More ways a griefer could ruin your day if they got a hold of your phone or you accidentally stayed logged into a computer.

stb

Just checking in w/ my 8-8:30 CST crota killers.

Macello, Dave, Buried_treasure, and Puma. You guys all still down for it?

Sorry for not confirming; I was eating dinner ahead of the kill.

Thanks for the run, guys!

I didn't get much (third helmet with crappy perks and 3 shards), but anything would have paled to Puma's haul. Crux, his first ghorn, AND Word of Crota. Save some for the rest of us, man!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SI didn't get much (third helmet with crappy perks and 3 shards), but anything would have paled to Puma's haul. Crux, his first ghorn, AND Word of Crota. Save some for the rest of us, man!
holy crap, what a haul. reminds me of my first hard atheon kill
why is Heart of Praxis fire so popular? Is it useful for PvP or PvE?
on the one hand it's an all around good sunsinger exotic, that's about it. PvE or PvP. But it's also just popular due to rarity; it's one of a small handful of items that have yet to be sold.

darthbob

why is Heart of Praxis fire so popular? Is it useful for PvP or PvE?

Heart of the Praxic Fire's primary ability, 'Praise the Sun' reduces the cooldowns of all abilities when Radiance is active. So you can basically throw tons and tons of solar grenades. Useful for PvE and PvP.

final round perk needs to be nerfed. every single sniper in crucible has it on now.

should not be a OHK. learn how to fucking aim.

I think people use the high impact snipers only for the final round. i've heard people even say they empty their clip and leave the last round. It's stupid

dodgeme

Man it feels good. A few of my friend wanted to run a few of the raids tonight and we hooked up with a group that was livestreaming.

Killed the vault in what was actually only my second completed run through. Haven't had any groups to roll through them with. We would've actually had a flawless run if we didn't mess around at the gorgons.

Then we rolled through Crota and managed to kill him on our 3rd time. Helped a guy that had never run Crota and it was again only my 2nd completed run through.

Can't believe I missed out on the raids for so long though such a fun experience and it definitely pulled me back into the game. Can't wait for house of wolves now.

I actually got some decent drops too. Got the vision of confluence and Hezen vengeance from the vault and the death singers mantle, gauntlets and the song of ir yut as well as the shaders and emblem.

Just gotta finish leveling my iron banner gear and the new chest piece and I can hit 32 with my exotic helm. Hoping to get the raid helm so I can wear it with my heart of praxic fire.

So if anyone needs the Gorgon CP I'll have it for an hour if anyone wants to jump in bring multiple characters if you want! PSN: xVaalbarAx

Raybunny

I think people use the high impact snipers only for the final round. i've heard people even say they empty their clip and leave the last round. It's stupid

Sad but true. My souls spirit want to shout Git GUD scrub! After a while it's annoying. And here I am trying to get those headshots and precise shots.

kidko

i'll empty my sniper for last round, why not? isn't that the intent? risk / reward. How else are you gonna proc that skill in pvp?

I've never upgraded a shotgun (only XP not mats) due to never playing PvP and the fact they used to be useless in PvE.

Now that they are buffed for PvE which one should I pump mats into?

Swordbreaker or Secret Handshake?

I've never upgraded a shotgun (only XP not mats) due to never playing PvP and the fact they used to be useless in PvE.

Now that they are buffed for PvE which one should I pump mats into?

Swordbreaker or Secret Handshake?

Is it vendor SH? I would do both for the elemental damage, but if you have to choose one for now. I would do Secret Handshake for the Shot Package perk.

Both are very good though. Swordbreaker can 2 shot a Praetorian

Xur Wishlist

Helm Engram (Mask of Third Man, Helm of Saint-14)
Heart of Praxic Fire
Thunderlord
MIDA Multi-Tool(Going to regret that one, but one of the few missing weapons)

It's going to be none of them. Probably Glove Engram, Sunbreakers, Plan C, Acrophage Symbiote, and Helm of Inmost Light.

The web/mobile app stuff from the Weekly Update is impressive. Shame that all the functionality is on a secondary device instead of in-game. Been wanting to move specific amounts of consumables/resources for a long while now.

Just need those helmet engrams myself... I'm willing to roll the dice with all my motes for Saint and/or Apotheosis.

Is Apotheosis really that good? I've bought maybe only 4 Helm Engrams ever and got Apotheosis twice. Sharded one and the other is sitting unupgraded. :/

Did I do something wrong?

Is Apotheosis really that good? I've bought maybe only 4 Helm Engrams ever and got Apotheosis twice. Sharded one and the other is sitting unupgraded. :/

Infusion (heal from Orb Pick Up) and Private Reserves (Regenerate health from super activation) perks are great for HM CE.

Also agree that exotic weapon engrams should be a thing. Heavy and Primary in particular (Thunderlord and Hawkmooooooon)

Sullichin

It's useful in CE HM because it has infusion. It also has the perk that refills your health when you use your super. You can get lucky and get a raid helmet with infusion though

Infusion (heal from Orb Pick Up) and Private Reserves (Regenerate health from super activation) perks are great for HM CE.

It's useful in CE HM because it has infusion. It also has the perk that refills your health when you use your super. You can get lucky and get a raid helmet with infusion though

I did get lucky and my 1 Raid Helm drop has Infusion. Guess I should upgrade it regardless, could be useful elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom