• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get legendary armor engram but not a direct exotic drop. If you're looking for a specific exotic armor piece, chances of it dropping are way less than exotic weapon, which is why I think exotic engrams should stay at all times.

Yeah I got my first Praxic fire from a legendary chest engram :p

before rahool patch XD

edit: like I said in my post below, DGAF is the best. So many responses above me!

-Questions-

Answers:

-Do i have to play PvP matches? I tried it once but seems like everyone else except me had god tier weapons and killing me in one shots lol. Can i earn exp and items from PvP?

No, only if you want to. Destiny PvP can be a serious clusterfuck for new players going into it by themselves, much more enjoyable if you can tag along with a group from around here.

You get XP from every match, in addition to the PvP specific bounties you can complete. Bounties are always the best way to get lots of XP, although the PvE bounties are typically easier to complete especially for new players. You can also get items (armor, weapons, consumables) at the end of each match but it's completely random and not the most reliable way to get better gear.

-I wanna do strikes but can it be done via matchmaking? It feels like such a hassle to find ppl and talk with them at Tower…

All the strikes you select on the planets (e.g. Devil's Lair on Earth) have match making. Typically the Tower is not a good place to match make. If you want to try other activities, either try posting here or destinylfg.net.

-How do i build up community in game for raids? Are raids=strikes?

Raids are the most involved, end-game PvE content, although only 2 currently exist. Vault of Glass is brilliant and much more complex than any strike, but the armor and weapons are outdated (lower defense and attack ratings). Crota's End is newer with up-to-date gear but is also much shorter and simpler.

You'll want to be at least Lv26, ideally Lv28, to first try normal mode VoG, Lv30 for hard VoG and normal CE, and Lv 31-32 for hard CE. Make sure you learn the raids on normal mode first before trying hard mode, regardless of your level.

Destiny-GAF is the best Destiny community in the world, but you can also use that lfg site or reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams/new) when looking for teams to do the raids. Many long time players around here are happy to help sherpa newbies through raids once you start hitting the levels I mentioned above.

There are a lot of complicated systems in this game that aren't explained very well, so feel free to ask around here if you get confused. Good luck Guardian!

Shito

Why having engrams *stay* armor?
Can't we have weapon engrams added to the rotation, guys?
I would sure love it, even if it came only once per month, for 3 armor engrams the rest of the time...
Don't tell me you absolutely *need* to buy armor engrams each and every week.

Huh, that's news to me. Well guess I'm corrected there.

Such odd choices.

Not that I've gotten anything Legendary or Exotic from Crucible or ROC

Yeah, agreed it's very stupid. Simple things like that should be corrected, kinda like getting faction rep for Vanguard and Crucible bounties but only being able to use Crucible marks to buy stuff... don't make no sense.

Got a ps4 2 weeks ago and i downloaded Destiny trial. And i fell in love with the gunplay and decided to buy the full game yesterday.

Just reached moon and around level 11 now. But there are too many things that i don't understand in the game.

Do i have to play PvP matches? I tried it once but seems like everyone else except me had god tier weapons and killing me in one shots lol. Can i earn exp and items from PvP?

At tower i see other players but the only way to interact with them is sending msg via PSN?

I wanna do strikes but can it be done via matchmaking? It feels like such a hassle to find ppl and talk with them at Tower…

How do i build up community in game for raids? Are raids=strikes?

I will be glad if there are other new players who want to co-op with me. My pan id is GimmeCat and i am at gmt+2

Go read Hawkians guides linked in the OP to get some ideas on what you should prioritize at each stage of your progression.

At your level, just gaining XP and leveling to 20 is your primary goal. It doesn't seem obvious, but Bounties should be prioritized over the campaign. They are your most efficient Time to XP activity. Either PvE or PvP. Do everyone you reasonably can each day on your way through the Campaign or in PvP.

Once you hit level 20, consult the guide for getting Light gear.

Yeah, agreed it's very stupid. Simple things like that should be corrected, kinda like getting faction rep for Vanguard and Crucible bounties but only being able to use Crucible marks to buy stuff... don't make no sense.

Don't get me started. Most glaring oversight in the entire game. No explanation or reason for this dichotomy. Should be an easy fix, but it has just been ignored.

KeRaSh

Let's see if Bungie cared about getting called out on their Xur bullshit after the Megaman leak.

Expecting Dragon's Breath or even NLB again as a special "fuck you"...

TheOddOne

Can't wait for NLB again.

Expecting Dragon's Breath of NLB as a special "fuck you"...
Kill me, please.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Megaman.exe was right once more. Universal Remote is incredible now. If you have the SC, buy it ASAP.

Edit: What's the roll on HoPF?

Edit 2: YESSS ATS8 Arachnid. I now have all armor pieces woot!

Feorax

Dead serious.

Nothing for me this week though, already have everything he has in stock. Nice to break the DLC pattern though.

Megaman nailed it.

What are the upgrades? If Universal Remote is an upgrade, would save me the coins. I don't want to have to spend 23 on it if I don't have too.

Edit: Fuck Yeah, give me that UR Upgarde.

Shito

So, they didn't touch his list this time.
Now I'm curious to hear from megaman, if they changed the coming calendar or not...

Also, I still find it ugly, but I will buy Praxic, just because it might not show up again anytime soon, and it'll be nice to buy something from Xur after so many weeks.

Arachnid helmet is mine!

Hopefully Universal remote was placed ther due to the recent patch and Red Death is next week.

Not sure how I feel about buying helmet engrams for the one last exotic helmet I need. Don't like those odds. Waste of motes :/

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
If Megaman had datamined this earlier I would not have spent so many motes in hopes of Praxic Fire ;_;

The guy is a legend though.

Stay classy! Lol, it hurts when Xur rains on your parade. RNGesus is such a cruel master he has to troll in your face when Xur brings in something with a few points higher.
No I mean, if it had higher discipline I would have totally bought it. It's got nothing to do with other people getting it as well. Praxic Fire is really, really good.

Hahaha, i knew it, the week after i´ve got the Heart, Xür sells it, i´m not even mad.

Will buy Arachnid, maybe No Backup Plans (and shard my old ones), even Universal Remote (and shard my old one too)

Got a ps4 2 weeks ago and i downloaded Destiny trial. And i fell in love with the gunplay and decided to buy the full game yesterday.

Just reached moon and around level 11 now. But there are too many things that i don't understand in the game.

Do i have to play PvP matches? I tried it once but seems like everyone else except me had god tier weapons and killing me in one shots lol. Can i earn exp and items from PvP?

No, you don't have to play PvP. You do earn exp and items, as well as reputation and marks for purchasing Crucible vendors (which is unfortunately most of them). Helps to level up your sub class so you have some stat upgrades and abilities to utilize, and a weapon with the right perks can make a tremendous difference.

At tower i see other players but the only way to interact with them is sending msg via PSN?

Outside of inspecting their equipped gear, yes, you can only interact meaningfully through invites and messages via PSN. You can wave, point, dance at/with them, but that doesn't really convey anything at the tower.
I wanna do strikes but can it be done via matchmaking? It feels like such a hassle to find ppl and talk with them at Tower…

All strikes but Weekly Heroic Nightfall utilize matchmaking. Eventually you'll unlock the ROC strike playlists where you can get Vanguard gear. For Nightfall you can just come here and ask for assistance.

How do i build up community in game for raids? Are raids=strikes?

Honestly, communities like GAF are the best places to pick up mates for a Raid. Raids are multi-staged and require a lot of team coordination and communication due to the focus being on objectives rather than simply clearing a room like in a Strike. Bosses, which there are generally a couple, require strategy rather than relying on sponge-like HP as a challenge. The exclusive gear that drops is generally among the best the game offers, and allows you to max your level, so it's worth getting into. Plenty of folks here are willing to let newer, inexperienced Raiders join in.
I will be glad if there are other new players who want to co-op with me. My pan id is GimmeCat and i am at gmt+2

Welcome to the Tower, GAFGuardian.

Now excuse me while I go pick up that Praxic Fire chest piece before Todd.

coy

I had to see for myself if Praxic Fire was there. Also, I can scratch UR off my list now leaving just Mida and Gjallarhorn (and Nechrocasm).

KeRaSh

So, is there a full list of Xur's wares for the weeks that Megaman datamined (until August iirc)? He should just release it in full to force Bungies hand so hopefully they throw Gjallarhorn back in the mix. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom