• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Hop in game.
Check the bounties I have left to pump into my shotguns.
Vault my Titan's maxxed Vex and grab it for my Warlock.
"We've woken the Hive!"

This is such a great change.

Just saw where you can now move items to/from your vault to characters now. Not character to character. Oh, and you can split resources! Holy shit! Good job, Bungie.

Is there gonna be an exotic buff anytime soon? I want my Suros to be returned to it's former glory in PVE. I don't really play PVP and If I ever am I'm using my blue Shingen E.

I know Bungie wants everyone to use a different range of weapons but at this point why would you use anything other than a Scout rifle or Hand cannon in PVE. I feel auto rifles now need a PVE buff. They've nerfed AR's way too much. They separated shotguns for PVE and PVP they can do that for auto rifles too. I just want to go back to using my Suros more often. I love that gun.

I hope AR's get a PvE buff too. The TTK is way too low. I can 1 shot most garbage mobs with my Scout/HC. Way more efficient in clearing out lots of mobs, especially with a FIrefly perk in the mix.

For sustained fire against high HP enemies the TTK may be comparable, but you have to be in close otherwise face the range penalty to damage. I don't see any reason to use them at all.

It's probably still Universal Remote. Although it can wreck stuff you have to be up close so that's still challenging in a Weekly Heroic, especially if Angry or Lightswitch are on. I guess The Last Word could also work.

I've been running ROC strikes with Universal Remote + Sword Breaker. One shot-ing almost everything.

Just saw where you can now move items to/from your vault to characters now. Not character to character. Oh, and you can split resources! Holy shit! Good job, Bungie.

It's just a 2 step process for Character to Character. You can be in a mission and swap weapons in an offline character -> Vault -> online character and go. Super convenient and takes seconds to execute.

Hard Light is still fine. I don't think it feels underpowered in PVE even after the patch. It was barely affected. Haven't used Monte yet but it's a similar archetype to Hard Light so it's probably still adequate but not great. Same goes for them in PVP. You can definitely kill people with them, there's just not a really good reason to use them

The range nerf is really bad. Bullets hit everything but the target while using MC or HL.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna have to try that build. I got all that on my Warlock right now. Except Claws are unupgraded, but that will be fixed shortly.
could also go with a soul rip voidwalker build, would probably rival obsidian mind, but no shield which is awesome to go shotgunning

It's just a 2 step process for Character to Character. You can be in a mission and swap weapons in an offline character -> Vault -> online character and go. Super convenient and takes seconds to execute.

Yeah it's so easy now. I usually keep all my good stuff in the vault at the end of the day, so when I have to log in the next day, I just have to log in with the toon I want to use.

Now, I can just open the app/browser and pre-load him/her for destruction.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

zoba's right that the app itself could use some ux love like tap and hold... but the implementation is awesome, it's seriously like one second for it to show up.

PuMa

So it looks like armor piercing rounds won't hit the swordbearer through his hidey rock any more. At least that seemed to be the case for us tonight.

timmy

Thanks to the Croat raid group. Finally pulled a hunger. Now the only weapon I need from normal is light of the abyss.

forrest

formerly nacire
So it looks like armor piercing rounds won't hit the swordbearer through his hidey rock any more. At least that seemed to be the case for us tonight.

Yeah, that sucks. This was one of the changes I was kind of surprised by. It's a great perk that felt right. Was there some kind of exploit or abuse of the ability going on to warrant the change?

One Way Ticket from nightfall. Fuck off, why are shitty legendaries even a reward?
I actually use an one way ticket in the Crota fight, because it's the best rocket launcher that has dropped for me. I get strange coins regularly from the Nightfall (got shards and a legendary shotgun this week). First World problems for us all.

Ryck

One Way Ticket from nightfall. Fuck off, why are shitty legendaries even a reward?
My buddy got an arc one with tripod and tracking. Failing that though I'd have to shard it.

Edit: that reminds me I got my 4th Badger from a vanguard package. Except this one has Outlaw, Explosive Rounds and Rangefinder. I'm thinking I might actually keep this one.

spyder_ur

Ok, the companion app upgrade is huge. Just finished 7 bounties. Without moving, I grabbed a weapon I want to upgrade from my Warlock, then retrieved it. Then I took out a single (just 1!, not the whole block) pulse rifle and shotgun telemetry to use for those upgrades. So much easier. Well played on this one Bungie.

So cool to see it appear out of nowhere on your screen. Almost magical, really, or maybe I'm getting carried away.

Also, the ability to only pull one of each item out of the vault (or 2,3,4 etc.) is great as well.

Ryck

Anyone else having an irrational fear of using the app to transfer a weapon and losing said weapon?

Also: does rangefinder Make a difference?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
edit: nothing to see here

completely forgot about the faction view screen in the patch until now, lol.

About to pop vanguard. Assuming I don't get one from the level package- secret handshake is the awesome vanguard one with shot package right? is it arc?

If you leave the app open, you get booted from Destiny a lot now.

Huh, must be a bug. Do you manually close the app when done now?

Have yet to play the game and use app simultaneously.

About to pop vanguard. Assuming I don't get one from the level package- secret handshake is the awesome vanguard one with shot package right? is it arc?

Yes and Yes!

I got Secret Handshake from Vanguard reward once, but shitty perks. Gonna just have to save up for one now. Never thought I would want to buy a vendor Shotty.

spyder_ur

spectacular ;)

completely forgot about the faction view screen in the patch until now, lol.

I edited it before this came in...but I'm ashamed of myself for messing it up.

LiK

Thanks for the update about the app. Too bad it's not enticing me to play the game. I beat P4G NG+ and got the true ending. It was amazing. Maybe I'll check out Inferno playlists for a bit. Maybe.

Rehsa

Finally able to log on, just changed a weapon from vault while in the load screen, sogood.gif

Anyone doing NFs? I need to do 3

Edit: Top of page; O.T. Genasis approves of this update

I'm in love with this update
Red Death gets back it's Namesake

Gjallarhorn, I need my Gjallarhorn
Gjallarhorn, I need my Gjallarhorn
Let me get it from the vault jigga
Super quick with the app jigga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vYnas6q3Sg
song is stuck in my head from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdSTaXdgciM

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...l5w5?context=3

Until Xur shows up again (I) will not be able to obtain the list. This week please give up. Sorry about that. If it was not changed in this patch, Universal remote and Heart of the Praxic Fire were planned to come but don't get your hopes up.

Im trying to look at the link and it says, page not found o.o

And another Word. Hilarious! Thanks router for the invite.

No problem! We are going to run it again tomorrow if you are down or need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom